Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

Post  GarryB on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:43 am

It is all new and as I mentioned there are a lot of electronic systems packed in a ship that need to work together... there has been a long history of new stuff being put on board ships only to find things don't work the way they should.

Sometimes you don't find out until it is too late... look at the British experience in the falklands... on paper the Sea Wolf system should have easily dealt with a few Exocets, but they didn't know the Sea Wolf system interfered with their satellite communications.

Who was to know that when they turned off their Sea Wolf CIWS to speak to London that they would be attacked with the one missile type they really needed the Sea Wolf defence missile to defend them from... Sea Dart is fine as long as the threat is not sea skimming... but the Argentines had both Sea Dart and Exocet...

From what I have read here about what works and what does not with Poliment Redut, it seems to me that if the long range missile fails after a few seconds of flight that the missile is not getting target data for a lofted flight profile to get it to its target area... I would assume the missile would not be launched until there is a target lock and track and the fire control solution has been calculated... therefore the missile is being launched but not sent to the intercept area for the terminal phase of the interception to take place.

Could be the datalink or something interfering with that... reportedly the short range missile works (40-60km range) but the long range missile (120-160km) is the one with the problem.

The issue with engines means they have time to sort it out...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:53 am

Frigate Admiral Kasatonov will be transferred to fleet in 2017

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2257500.html

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:31 am

Nice series of Gorshkov leaving Baltiysk 22nd via Balancer forum

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:10 pm

And has arrived at St Petersburg

Bastion Karpenko reckons Poliment-Redut is sorted & is likely to go into service soon http://foto-i-mir.ru/22350-gorshkov-161124/ (also more pics there)
    Google translate wrote:According to experts, the particular difficulties to ship test called new anti-aircraft missile system "Poliment-Redoute," but now these problems have been solved, and there is a great likelihood that the lead ship "Admiral Gorshkov" in a series of frigates of Project 22350 will soon join the Russian Navy.
    The decision on transmission Navy frigate "Admiral Gorshkov" project 22350 will be made after the audit of all its systems, naval sources say.
    I'll believe it when I see it  Suspect

SeigSoloyvov
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:03 am

hoom wrote:And has arrived at St Petersburg

Bastion Karpenko reckons Poliment-Redut is sorted & is likely to go into service soon http://foto-i-mir.ru/22350-gorshkov-161124/ (also more pics there)
    Google translate wrote:According to experts, the particular difficulties to ship test called new anti-aircraft missile system "Poliment-Redoute," but now these problems have been solved, and there is a great likelihood that the lead ship "Admiral Gorshkov" in a series of frigates of Project 22350 will soon join the Russian Navy.
    The decision on transmission Navy frigate "Admiral Gorshkov" project 22350 will be made after the audit of all its systems, naval sources say.
    I'll believe it when I see it  Suspect

agreed, show me the system works then I'll believe it.

Ned86
    Private
    Private

Post  Ned86 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:23 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Well you can expect russian navy will now post all evidence about this system working, just to make you believe Smile

you have plenty of videos on youtube, showing Redut system in operation(mostly on Project 20380 ships).
    Last one we have seen is this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jug4ddRm4M

anyway it is the same system installed on Project 22350.
    All news about problems with redut were speculations, and officially they have some problems with system in condition with Electronic countermeasure systems on....where redut system apparently didn't act as they wanted....

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:26 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:...........

Check your inbox, they already emailed you all the data and blueprints. Razz

SeigSoloyvov
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:28 am

Ned86 wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Well you can expect russian navy will now post all evidence about this system working, just to make you believe Smile

you have plenty of videos on youtube, showing Redut system in operation(mostly on Project 20380 ships).
    Last one we have seen is this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jug4ddRm4M

anyway it is the same system installed on Project 22350.
    All news about problems with redut were speculations, and officially they have some problems with system in condition with Electronic countermeasure systems on....where redut system apparently didn't act as they wanted....

Far has I know they got the short range missile to work but not the long range one.

"Well you can expect russian navy will now post all evidence about this system working, just to make you believe Smile"

Did I mock you in a sarcastic manner, No?. Manners get them.

To date the system wasn't fully operational there is nothing wrong with wanting to see it's full operation before you believe it. Because you know the Russian Navy has never lied before right?.

Excuse me for wanting to see evidence of the claim.

SeigSoloyvov
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:30 am

PapaDragon wrote:

You express reasonable doubt given past circumstances and this is the reaction you get? Tisk.

VladimirSahin
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  VladimirSahin on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:37 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

You express reasonable doubt given past circumstances and this is the reaction you get? Tisk.

It's friendly sarcasm man Smile I understand your concern however I don't think there is any reason to doubt this ship being ready for its service.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:45 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Humor. Try it, it's awesome.

Also, nobody will be showing us anything. If it works it gets sent into service, if not then back to testing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:47 am

Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:47 am