Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #2

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #2

Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:54 pm

I just saw a nasty hit from ATGM on M1A1...no aftermath so far, but high chances of penetration.

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:52 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:I just saw a nasty hit from ATGM on M1A1...no aftermath so far, but high chances of penetration.

I found a lot of Abrams vids are like that, nasty hit, but the aftermath is edited out or not recorded at all.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:55 pm

This one has oxygen sucked in after hit, very bad for the crew (flashover effect).

sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  sheytanelkebir on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:17 pm

well mosul won't be taken without losses. after all the "caliph" is there... daesh are throwing everything they have at it.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:14 pm

sheytanelkebir wrote:well mosul won't be taken without losses. after all the "caliph" is there... daesh are throwing everything they have at it.

Pretty much a Grozny redux from what I just saw.

Head to Zerocensorship, check for ISIS videos. 40 minute video, skip to 35:00. Pretty much the exact corralling and kills than in Gronzy. If anything, this only shows what Sheytan said, while there are foreigners, most of the scum "defending" Mosul seems local. I hope Iraq purges them afterwards.

sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  sheytanelkebir on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:49 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    sheytanelkebir wrote:well mosul won't be taken without losses. after all the "caliph" is there... daesh are throwing everything they have at it.

Pretty much a Grozny redux from what I just saw.

Head to Zerocensorship, check for ISIS videos. 40 minute video, skip to 35:00. Pretty much the exact corralling and kills than in Gronzy. If anything, this only shows what Sheytan said, while there are foreigners, most of the scum "defending" Mosul seems local. I hope Iraq purges them afterwards.

the only areas that ISIS took in 2014 were areas where the population supported them... or were under peshmarga control (sinjar). They singularly failed to take a single Shia or Pro-Iraqi Sunni village or hamlet let alone city. Similarly in the same vein, not a single "shia majority" unit ever fell or abandoned gear... the only units that did were either loyal to Kurdistan (and following "alternative command" orders) or the sunni arabs recruited by the US into the Iraqi military against the advice of the Iraqis themselves who said they were disloyal but the US said "no, we vetted them, they are loyal, it is you who are sectarian".

Sadly this very basic fact at the core of the entire conflict in Iraq since 2014 is singularly denied or ignored by almost everyone outside Iraq. I just don't know why...

Recently as the iraqi army units were taking over new neighbourhoods in mosul... there was a video with a woman who came out of her house and heaped praise on the iraqi army as they passed by.
    Later in the same day the army begun conducting searches in all houses and found a large cache of weapons in her house.

That's the population of the daesh cities of iraq.

And in all honesty, if the US once again comes in and says "here's a list of people that you have to take into your army and police to make it less sectarian and more inclusive".... well that will be the first chapter in the next series of daesh.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:24 pm

Fu*king sad.

calm
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  calm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:09 am

Sponsored content