Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+35
JohninMK
Odin of Ossetia
marcinko
Book.
victor1985
BTRfan
Svyatoslavich
PapaDragon
2SPOOKY4U
Dominus
zackyx
George1
mutantsushi
magnumcromagnon
mack8
Walther von Oldenburg
jhelb
Stealthflanker
Viktor
kvs
Regular
TR1
KomissarBojanchev
sepheronx
max steel
Mike E
GarryB
Morpheus Eberhardt
TheArmenian
VladimirSahin
RTN
medo
flamming_python
collegeboy16
Werewolf
39 posters

Questions and Ideas

victor1985

Questions and Ideas - Page 6 Empty Re: Questions and Ideas

Post  victor1985 Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:17 pm

Just make sub a little bit bigger
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:41 pm

Also a sub can pump out a liquid that reduce blast of enemy torpedo and make them hard to forward and also that disturb sonar waves
    normal ships could have this liquid
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Also changing air composition may prevent missiles to fly. Maibe whit the help of a beam of something that point at them.
    Or just pump in air a substance that not sustain burn
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:57 pm

Did someone thinked to put something similar to reactive armour to ships? I know would cost enormous amount of money. Maibe whit proximity sensors.... And a lateral gun placed. Would be usefull for sea skimmers.
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:09 pm

Also i try to think whats happed when a shockwave from a blast hit the body of ship. They push air. A sound that pushes air in the oposite direction or down would help? This would be useful for tanks too. Or a small explosion that create a oposite shockwave.
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:45 pm

I also have a idea that could help finding the smartest people that are needed for making weapons. Whit EEG helmets that measure brain electricity can say who has best neurons for logical thinking. This could be done when someone is hired at weapons factoryes
    childs in schools can be tested and can be found how smart they are long before finish high school
    this can say which area is best at each person:logical, algebra, space geometry, comunication and others parts of brain. Entire nation can do tests and work right where they are matching
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:32 am

Did someone tried to make a engine that "swim" in the earth magnetic field?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:20 am

victor1985 wrote:Did someone tried to make a engine that "swim" in the earth magnetic field?

That exists only in theory afaik and they try to find out how to use the earth's magnetic field to use as the engine itself or as the powersource, however you want to call it.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:25 pm

well i didnt see lanterns do that trick.
    Ofcourse i dont know what is the efficiency of that kind of missile. But can be tryied. At least as demonstrator of concept.

They are paper lanterns and as they burn the hot air is trapped which makes the whole structure float like a hot air balloon.

You could heat a missile till it glows red, you need a hot air balloon shape of low density and large area to get hot air balloon like flight... no way is that practical for a missile...

Well whit wired anti torpedo torpedo things will be resolved.

I don't know of any wired anti torpedo torpedoes... PAKET-NK is not wire guided.

Not to mention the fact that a subs is made from noise i solator materials. Just use a wall of 2 metters from
    those materias in the noisest places and on surface of subs and theyre quiet. Mix between metals and others could give that. If not a sound on the same frecvency that neutralize enemys one.

If you want your sub to move then you need an enormous amount of power, and you need to convert that power into propulsion to get the sub to move... that is what creates the noise... even just the sound of water flowing over the surface of the sub as it moves through the water without any engine noise can give away the position of a modern sub....

Might happen might not. I dont know if someone ever tried to mount blades on a missile that spin the generator. Maibe when studies would be made well know for sure.

An external propeller to generate energy is DUMB. It adds drag and to the RCS and would only work at subsonic speeds and there are things called batteries that can do the same job without adding drag or to the RCS and allow the missile to break the speed of sound with no problems.

If having external propellers to generate electricity are so wonderful why don't cars have them?

Would depend on the power of laser. Imagine a huge laser that power up a airscrew that spin a vacuumed generator (for reduce friction) and whit his ax magnetic (again for reduce friction). That would give huge energi enough for power up a radar 1000km if not more.

Not a good idea either... spend trillions of dollars on a laser to send energy to a satellite when just solar panels or a long tether would do the same thing for a fraction of the cost... it is simply not energy efficient.

Torpedos in all parts of sub will reduce distance to intercept enemy torpedos

Having torpedo tubes all over a sub means less room for the things a Sub actually needs... torpedoes manouver after launch and would be perfectly capable of intercepting anything fired from existing tubes.

Just make sub a little bit bigger

Which adds cost to purchase and to operate the sub for its entire lifetime for a capability that is pointless.

Also a sub can pump out a liquid that reduce blast of enemy torpedo and make them hard to forward and also that disturb sonar waves
    normal ships could have this liquid

What liquid? And how big are your subs going to be with torpedo tubes all over the place and tanks full of liquid.

Actually it would be more effective to have more liquid inside the sub as empty air filled cavities in subs collapse when something explodes outside them.

Also changing air composition may prevent missiles to fly.

The energy needed to take all the oyxygen out of air so that jet powered missiles wont fly is simply not achievable over any significant area on land or at sea.

Maibe whit the help of a beam of something that point at them.
    Or just pump in air a substance that not sustain burn

It remains easier to direct missiles at them... called SAMs.

Did someone thinked to put something similar to reactive armour to ships? I know would cost enormous amount of money. Maibe whit proximity sensors.... And a lateral gun placed. Would be usefull for sea skimmers.

Reactive armour is used on tanks to protect them from shaped charge warheads. Any shaped charge warhead used on an anti ship missile will not be stopped by ERA or any kind because when the warhead is over 100kgs or so the blast wave with rip through the ship and sink it anyway... ERA or no ERA.

Also i try to think whats happed when a shockwave from a blast hit the body of ship. They push air. A sound that pushes air in the oposite direction or down would help? This would be useful for tanks too. Or a small explosion that create a oposite shockwave.

You would need a shockwave of equal or greater force... in other words to save your ship/tank from the 500kg HE warhead of a Soviet Anti ship missile you propose detonating a 500kg plus HE warhead on the deck of your ship or the to of your tank.

The combined shockwave from 1 ton of HE will sink your ship and reduce that tank to scrap metal...

No it is not a good idea.

I also have a idea that could help finding the smartest people that are needed for making weapons.

You are assuming there is a link between intelligence and design performance. Design is more about problem solving and there are no extra points for working it all out by yourself.

Whit EEG helmets that measure brain electricity can say who has best neurons for logical thinking.

There is no such thing as a machine that measures if you have good ideas or dumb ideas... no machine has any way of determining one idea from another. the locations in the brain where the idea or activity is can hint to what sort of idea it might be and what it might be about, but information stored in a brain is unique and very random within each area of brain.

there is an area of the brain that controls coordination, there is an area of the brain that controls your sight... in a blind person that area might not be used.

This could be done when someone is hired at weapons factoryes
    childs in schools can be tested and can be found how smart they are long before finish high school
    this can say which area is best at each person:logical, algebra, space geometry, comunication and others parts of brain. Entire nation can do tests and work right where they are matching

No such selection process is possible with a brain reading machine.

there are various psychological tests that would show an aptitude in one area or another, but it would hardly be conclusive.

BTW swim?

If you move a wire through an electric field it generates a current. the Earths magnetic field can't be used as a motor, but by dragging a wire through it it can generate current for powering things.
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:34 pm

I also dont know about wired torpedo anti torpedo. I just assumed that would benefit from the link whit the big sonar of sub.

Maibe is a way to get rid of sound transfered trought water. Sound transfer trought water step by step in form of waves in the water. Makin the sub for noises that anulate themselfs from different directions would maybe work

Not necesary a sattelite. On land such laser would be easyer done

But if the enemy torpedos are fast? Till you turn one at least might escape and hit you. I think at least one lateral tube for torpedo is enough to catch even the trickest enemy torpedo.

Add cost but you are safe. What matter most having less subs but whit 90% chances of succes or more subs but whit 50% chances?

I dont know which liquid. A very dense one. Like fats from whales. Also few dedicated subs full whit liquid could be made. They will protect the sub fleet when they go togheter. Also i ask hot water go up or down? Cause in tbis can send enemy torpedos and mines to surface.
    Microwaves can heat water.

Well i just assumed that a volume of 100x100x100 km could be filled whit some substances that prevent burn of missiles flame. Maibe i was wrong

Speakers can neutralize sjockwave of a blast.?

It is known that left and right side of brain have different atribution. Now one side( i forgot which) is for logical thinking. Plus if you put a subject to resolve geometric problems then algebra ones you can see which areas are use more neurons. So the zones from brain that work for different things are known. That i know for sure cause i watched at tv. Now more close sinapses and neurons are mean more inteligence. The flow of electric curent in brain can be seen. And can be said if are strong links between neurons in the logical part: space geometry, algebra and others. Can be done i tell you for sure
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:07 pm

I also dont know about wired torpedo anti torpedo. I just assumed that would benefit from the link whit the big sonar of sub.

the ship will be manouvering to make itself as small a target as possible, and likely firing depth charges and decoys... and of course where there is one torpedo there is something that launched it... which will be on the mind of the ships captain...

Maibe is a way to get rid of sound transfered trought water.

Water transmits sound very efficiently... four times faster than air.

Not necesary a sattelite. On land such laser would be easyer done

Right now lasers are good for finding distance... making sure something is level... highlighting a target... and dazzling optics/sensors... It is not efficient at blowing things up or shooting things down.

But if the enemy torpedos are fast? Till you turn one at least might escape and hit you. I think at least one lateral tube for torpedo is enough to catch even the trickest enemy torpedo.

They are not that fast, and even if they were your anti torpedo can start off very slow and do a 180 degree turn faster than any sub or ship...

Add cost but you are safe. What matter most having less subs but whit 90% chances of succes or more subs but whit 50% chances?

But that is the point... it wont make you safer... it will just make you a bigger fatter slower dumber target... they used to have rear pointing tubes as well as forward firing tubes but with all the machinery and gearing back there it didn't allow the subs to carry more torpedos... it actually meant they carried less because the torpedo tubes are huge and not really compatible with other things like sonar antenna etc and that is why no one does it any more.

It is for the same reason real soldiers don't walk around with the number of guns kids do in video games. At the end of the day walking around with 10 different guns is stupid... you are better off picking one or perhaps two and then carrying the weight of the other 8 weapons and their ammo in extra ammo for your two main guns.

I dont know which liquid. A very dense one. Like fats from whales. Also few dedicated subs full whit liquid could be made.

But why? thick liquids wont stop a torpedo and it wont stop a HE blast either...

Also i ask hot water go up or down? Cause in tbis can send enemy torpedos and mines to surface.
    Microwaves can heat water.

Warm water will rise, but not particularly quickly and the water will rise but objects in that water like torpedoes and mines wont rise with the warm water.

It would take an enormous amount of energy to heat a significant area of ocean... and that would be an enormous waste of time and energy...

Well i just assumed that a volume of 100x100x100 km could be filled whit some substances that prevent burn of missiles flame. Maibe i was wrong

If you could do that why would you care about torpedoes... just take all the oxygen out of the air over an enemy city and kill them all in about 3 and a half minutes...

Speakers can neutralize sjockwave of a blast.?

A shock wave from an explosion would shatter a speaker... there is no way for that speaker to make a comparable wave to counter such a shock wave... and even if it could producing that counter wave would destroy the speaker just as easily as the shock wave would have.

So the zones from brain that work for different things are known.

The areas of the brain are known, but the actual specific locations for the memory or processing will vary from one person to another.

A good example is learning languages. the human brain works by associations so the word apple will have a link to an image of an apple in the optical area of the brain. A child that learns several languages while still a child will have the various words for things located closely together. Close structures in the brain or close associations in the brain are stronger so a child is better able to retain foreign languages when taught early than if an adult learns a new language because the new language is stored further from the original native words so the link is longer and more easily broken (forgotten). Sometimes even when the associations between words and ideas or things are broken remembering or being told something related can reform the linkage and you remember things you had forgotten. No two brains store the same things in exactly the same places with the same associations... so you can't compare the signals of one brain and judge intelligence or even knowledge based on that information.

Trust me... I learned a few things about the human brain when learning about AI.

The flow of electric curent in brain can be seen.

There is no flow of current... a brain is not a battery. It is an electrochemical process... not a freaken light switch... Very Happy

And can be said if are strong links between neurons in the logical part: space geometry, algebra and others.

It tells you there are links... it tells you nothing about what those links are or what they mean.. for all you know they could be thinking about anything... and they could be wrong... how can you determine intelligence from that? they could be dumb as a stick...
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:53 pm

How would be to frozen water to protect from torpedos? Or your torpedo to frozen water near for become resistant to torpedos anti torpedos?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:52 pm

If you have some way of freezing open water at will and on command I am sure the Russian Navy would be all ears.

The Akula class subs (that is Russian Akula... NATO calls them Typhoon) are designed with a high freeboard and a structurally strengthened upper surface for the express purpose of surfacing through quite thick ice and sitting high in the water so that it is largely protected from enemy torpedoes by the ice when launching missiles (SLBMs).

Of course ice floats in water so it would only be effective very close to the surface and to be effective against several hundreds of kgs of HE it would need to be hundreds of metres thick... it would most likely just float up and out of the way unless it was attached to the sub it was to defend, and then it would upset the buoyancy and make the sub surface and ruin its performance by greatly increasing mass and drag.

It would also work both ways and likely prevent you from firing torpedoes at your enemy....

I think the anti torpedo torpedo idea is probably best even if it isn't perfect...
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:58 pm

What about a kind of airbag for missiles and torpedos?
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:08 am

Well the point whit the dense liquid was that the propeller spin water right? A dense liquid make the propeller spin slow and gain slow speeds

Point is that exist a gap where the electric curent is transmitted trough sinapses. Whit a big gap slower you think. Measuring the gap would show how smart you are.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Again their would be buoyancy issues with the airbags immediately floating to the surface, and if attached to the sub dragging it up too.

Plus for something as powerful as a torpedo even a few dozen metres of air wont help much... the shockwave will blow through an air pocket fairly easily and destroy the submarine beyond.

Well the point whit the dense liquid was that the propeller spin water right? A dense liquid make the propeller spin slow and gain slow speeds

But in a denser liquid the propeller would not need to spin as fast the generate as much thrust in the thicker fluid... even if the fluid was a solid if the torpedo explodes the shockwave will still pass through the thicker liquid and destroy the sub beyond.

Point is that exist a gap where the electric curent is transmitted trough sinapses. Whit a big gap slower you think. Measuring the gap would show how smart you are.

No it doesn't and no it would not. The further away related neurons are located in the brain it really doesn't determine or reflect the speed of thought or the effectiveness of reasoning... one person might think a lot... they might be thinking about horses, or dogs or all manner of things... if they think a lot or really hard that doesn't tell you whether they are smart or right or wrong... it just tells you they are an active thinker.

There is a saying that basically goes along the lines of "The Smart person does straight away what the average person does eventually." Coming to the right conclusion could mean you are smart... or it could mean you have been in that position before and have tried a few solutions that haven't worked but eventually stumbled on a solution that worked. Sometimes the smartest thing to do is to ask someone you know has overcome the problem you are having before and find out their solution instead of trial and error working out your own solution...

By the way a definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting the outcome to be different this time...
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:09 pm

I have a question, Why is the Armata not yet shown!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:10 pm

VladimirSahin wrote:I have a question, Why is the Armata not yet shown!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

9th May it will be shown on Victory Parade.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:I have a question, Why is the Armata not yet shown!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

9th May it will be shown on Victory Parade.

Yes I know, But I cannot wait anymore lol must see it now.
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:40 pm

GarryB wrote:

Again their would be buoyancy issues with the airbags immediately floating to the surface, and if attached to the sub dragging it up too.

Plus for something as powerful as a torpedo even a few dozen metres of air wont help much... the shockwave will blow through an air pocket fairly easily and destroy the submarine beyond.

But in a denser liquid the propeller would not need to spin as fast the generate as much thrust in the thicker fluid... even if the fluid was a solid if the torpedo explodes the shockwave will still pass through the thicker liquid and destroy the sub beyond.

No it doesn't and no it would not. The further away related neurons are located in the brain it really doesn't determine or reflect the speed of thought or the effectiveness of reasoning... one person might think a lot... they might be thinking about horses, or dogs or all manner of things... if they think a lot or really hard that doesn't tell you whether they are smart or right or wrong... it just tells you they are an active thinker.

There is a saying that basically goes along the lines of "The Smart person does straight away what the average person does eventually." Coming to the right conclusion could mean you are smart... or it could mean you have been in that position before and have tried a few solutions that haven't worked but eventually stumbled on a solution that worked. Sometimes the smartest thing to do is to ask someone you know has overcome the problem you are having before and find out their solution instead of trial and error working out your own solution...

By the way a definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting the outcome to be different this time...
    the airbag could get air from water aroud just like fishes do. Also the point is not that stop the explosion of a torpedo anti torpedo but give eronate sonar position. In this the enemy torpedo would explode few metters away and the shockwave of blast would be less. Same could be applied to rockets. A part from a rocket could be used as kind of airbag launched in front when enemy missile approach. Or maibe the rocket should drop his warhead when something approach. Something whit small wings guidance.

Contrary in dense liquids the shockwave of an explosion gets by harder.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:05 pm

Yes I know, But I cannot wait anymore lol must see it now.

It has been shown several times already.... all the new technology is of course Russian, but now the marketing is done by Lockheed Martin so we have a 7th gen Armoured vehicle family that is able to supercruise and is fully stealthy...

Contrary in dense liquids the shockwave of an explosion gets by harder.

Density of liquid is irrelevant, compressability is what is important... and with water not being compressable it doesn't matter how dense it is or how thick it is... it transmits shock waves very efficiently so for instance throwing a hand grenade into a swimming pool it is very very dangerous to be in that swimming pool for humans... water does not compress so the shock wave will travel very quickly through the water and through your blood and flesh which are 90-70% water, but when it reaches an air pocket... ie your lungs... it can do terrible damage.

It is the same for a submarine which despite thick steel hull is still an air pocket in the water vulnerable to shock waves and explosions.

There are lots of decoy systems that can be released and generate a bubble screen that reflects sonar and makes it appear to be something much larger than it actually is on sonar, but otherwise... no.
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:41 am

Sorry i wanted to say more viscous (slimmy, sticky) liquid....

Also i got the point whit the things that make sonar think is something bigger. In the same way i was thinking. Whit air missiles is more complicated. When something is dropped from missile how you make enemy missile pick that instead of your missile because today all missiles have video. Only by drop the warhead fast could be made but the enemy will sboot that. Maybe if the warhead is made from something heavy that resist to anything that unpack themself at land. And whit some wings placed in back so nothing can shoot them.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Whit air missiles is more complicated. When something is dropped from missile how you make enemy missile pick that instead of your missile because today all missiles have video.

Sorry... I don't follow what you are saying...

If you are talking about a missile that delivers a torpedo to engage a submarine it is generally the launch platform that determines the general area the sub is located and is moving, so the launch platform... lets say a new Russian Corvette with a single UKSK launcher with 8 tubes has 4 Onyx anti ship missiles and 4 x 91RE2 missiles. The corvette uses the Sigma naval battle management system that collects data from sea bed sonar sensor arrays and detects a US Ohio class sub that is 35km away from the corvette. Based on that information the corvette accelerates and fires a 91ER2 missile which flys a ballistic path at mach 2 to the area where the Ohio class sub was detected. Once the missile gets to the enemy subs location it releases into the water a torpedo that starts a circular unpowered descent in the water listening for noise... if it detects the ohio it turns on its motor and accelerates towards the enemy sub and explodes on impact. If it does not detect it passively it turns on its active sonar and powers up its motor and continues a specific search pattern till it finds the target or runs out of fuel and self destructs.

One of the options for the ohio is to release bubble making decoys... the sound the bubbles make sound nothing like a submarine so the torpedo wont be interested in that in passive mode but in active mode a wall of bubbles reflects sound like a solid object reflects radar and could be mistaken for a sub.

Reversing the roles with a US vessel using Subroc the Russian sub has the added option of PAKET-EM which will detect the incoming torpedo and it will try to intercept and destroy it.

No missile known uses video sensors to find and attack submarines... IR sensors don't work through water and most of the time the depths subs operate at it is too dark to use video sensors.... plus spotting a black submarine against the dark waters would be rather difficult to do automatically.
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:29 pm

I finally understanded something from physics. The principle of couples of forces says that bigger a steering wheel is easyer is to steer. That concept for example can be applied from tank turrets to tracks of tanks, to aircraft flapses , to wheels for different mecanisms.
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:18 pm

In the back ofba piston air is vacuumed? Also all motor and transmisions could be vacuumed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 pm