Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

AWACS-Airborne Command Posts of RuAF

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: AWACS-Airborne Command Posts of RuAF

Post  medo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:45 pm

GarryB wrote:Only one F117 was shot down.

The other F-117 and the B-2 kill are conspirasy theories.

Officially 1 F-117 shot down and 1 F-117 damaged (both by SAM-3), another damaged F-117 is uncomfirmed as only some sources talk about it. No B-2 shot down or damaged.

nemrod
    Major
    Major

Post  nemrod on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:58 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Only one F117 was shot down.
    The other F-117 and the B-2 kill are conspirasy theories.

We've already discussed this topic in this forum.
    Firstly, I don't believe to any conspirasy, these are part of western hype in order to discredit any rational reasoning.
    Secundly, If I diid not hear Pierre Sprey asserting that there are 2 F-117 -as you can see, I did not say there were 20 lost, but merely 2- downed in Sebia -moreover, Vladimir Iilyin asserted that there is another F-117 downed in Iraq. Must we despise every russian historian and should we absolutly believe every westerners ? - I never took credit. I don't think he is liar, neither incompetent. Moreover, the person that said he downed a B2 A was serbian commandant asserted that they downed this bomber. If Lt Colonel Đorđe Aničić  asserted why should I despise him ? He was the responsible of air defense. Should I believe of CNN, FOX, or other annex of DOD like NBC, ABC, CBS ? Didn't we implement many topics about the subjects of stealth technolgy, and how stealth bombers, or fighters were/are/and still will be vunerable to VHF radar, that dated since the 40's, if not the 30's.

medo wrote:
    Officially 1 F-117 shot down and 1 F-117 damaged (both by SAM-3), another damaged F-117 is uncomfirmed as only some sources talk about it. No B-2 shot down or damaged.

I think there is no worth to tell you more about, if US acknowledged that this top of their hi-tech could be downed -and they were- so easily, what's happenned next ? Don't you think that the military complexe won't enrage ? And who do own US medias ? I think all these subjects you should be aware very well, maybe better than me.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:27 am

When they shot down the first F-117 they showed wreckage.

they have not show wreckage of the other aircraft.

It is war... both sides will not be telling the whole truth.

The Serbian that said he shot down a B-2 might have shot down something but without B-2 wreckage it could easily have been one of the many dozens of UAVs they shot down.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:21 pm

GarryB wrote:When they shot down the first F-117 they showed wreckage.

The Serbian that said he shot down a B-2 might have shot down something but without B-2 wreckage it could easily have been one of the many dozens of UAVs they shot down.

I actually wrote a post about Serbia and NATO losses with pictures.

There were 7 Apaches downed 4 of them landed on Serbian soil rest managed to crash land in Albania those losses were denied till this day, while there was afterwards footage available of one completley burned apache almost not possible to identify only because of  tail rotor was intact and the others crash landed badly and were brought to a hospital.
    Same goes for Jets, some managed to fly out of Serbian air space and enter some other country mostly Albania.

The losses are till this day denied while some times footage exists, the "scraping" of some jets out of service right after the Serbian war crime. That is the US policy to deny whatever they can, they denied for the first two weeks that Iran managed to "shoot down" their Sentinel RQ-170 Stealth drone, after the Iranians showed it on TV they started making threats to Sanction Iran because they "STOLE" their precious drone.

This Policy of concealing and denying losses comes to such an absurdity that you can see it in Iraq with their Arbams tanks, the definition of a loss on the battlefield of fieldequipment warmachinery included is when it is rendered useless due enemy engagement, regardless if this is a tank completley destructed into pieces or a tank destroyed and is not anymore a  threat to enemy forces and b cant move/fire or be anykind of use for the own forces. But what does the USA do, while no other country has ever made such a Propaganda war about it? They start to use A-10s and F-16s to destroy their own destructed tanks so it can not fall into hands of IRAQ, the same IRAQ that made the Asad Babils made of steel that was designed for civil purposes, which had ZERO protection. The USA made this blatant propaganda that Iraqis could actually refurbish the destroyed Abrams tanks on the Battlefield with a non existent MIC.
    But this Propaganda war didn't stop there, those F-16/A-10 airstrike finished Abrams were not counted as a loss to the enemy, while by all definitions except the American one, it is a loss to the enemy when the enemy manages to render some warmachinery for you useless. No, the US takes 2-3 Abrams tanks, which are destroyed by definishen(pun intended), with holes in hull, deformed hulls from mines/IEDs and takes only those parts from it which are intact (Canibalism) and to repair one single Abrams and calls this (ALL damaged tanks could be repaired).
    That is an insanity of definition. The US policy is only about holding the Morality of own soldiers high and morality of other countries armies low and that is why they always have and always will use such Propaganda.

To believe that every denying statement of USA represents the truth is like believing the EU ABM shields are for Iran.

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:10 pm

GarryB wrote:When they shot down the first F-117 they showed wreckage.

One thing many people don't realize is that, as a matter of policy, the Serbs and others don't display or make claims regarding downed aircraft, excepts in situations that can be defined as ""aberrations"". The reason for that is complicated; I can't explain it here; it will become clear in due course.

A limited selection of some anecdotes:

US lost over 9000 aircraft in Vietnam. Not that it matters, but as far as I know, they have mostly admitted to that. How many pictures have you seen of all of those losses?

US lost over 3000 aircraft in Korea, mostly shot down by the Russians (same as above). How many pictures of those have you seen? Did they ever admit how they were lost? They made a lot of denials regarding that also.

One independent reason that indicates the US aircraft losses in Serbia were huge is the extremely limited nature of US airforce's involvement in the follow-on "conflicts". Also they started to try to use B-1Bs in Iraq as often as they could (with the ensuing losses, of course). The significance of this is that you wouldn't use B-1B flying coffins if you had any other options.

I can go on and on; you can do that too.

I think I have already said more that enough.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:52 pm

The US lies.

I get it.

When Foreign allied troops were found to be responsible for a US soldiers death in Iraq the investigation was halted and evidence was covered up.

The reason given was they did not want to embarrass their allies (the Polish forces).

If they will lie and hide such things that are important to their own people of course the will have no problem hiding things with rather more strategic impact like the shooting down of F-117s or B-2s.

If we had a real media in the west instead of the corporate stooges we have today then their might be some real independent investigations, but we have no such things.

Don't be upset that I believe only one F-117 was shot down... I have been wrong before about a lot of things, and I am not believing the US because I respect them... rather because I don't believe they would be able to successfully cover something like that up... someone would squeal... I hope.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Hannibal Barca on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:11 pm

There can't be any B2s down. It would be easily proven true and it would be HUGE PR blow. But have no doubt, THERE ARE NO FUNDAMENTALS, that can make the interception of a B2 so much more difficult than a F117 or anything else. Latest doesn't mean invincible but Serbs and Afghans and Iraqis in 2003 where much less competitive that there are the Russian insurgents now and even them can't shoot down an old and humble MiG-29....

Having said this, B2 is by far the best first strike (unexpected) strategic bomber there is. After the first hour my humble opinion is that B2 being out of production, extremely complicated, extremely expensive, low in numbers and subsonic is not such a factor and thus I am not so much about Russia and China following it's footsteps but better go for a more conventional bomber.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:19 pm

GarryB wrote:The US lies.

I get it.

When Foreign allied troops were found to be responsible for a US soldiers death in Iraq the investigation was halted and evidence was covered up.

The reason given was they did not want to embarrass their allies (the Polish forces).

If they will lie and hide such things that are important to their own people of course the will have no problem hiding things with rather more strategic impact like the shooting down of F-117s or B-2s.

If we had a real media in the west instead of the corporate stooges we have today then their might be some real independent investigations, but we have no such things.

Don't be upset that I believe only one F-117 was shot down... I have been wrong before about a lot of things, and I am not believing the US because I respect them... rather because I don't believe they would be able to successfully cover something like that up... someone would squeal... I hope.

I has no big impact when you speak about 1 or 2 or even 10 where destroyed this wouldn't change the reality at all, what happened, happened.

The only difference if it was 1 or 10 is a forum dick contest, but if we would speak reality the perception would change and a morality downer for western militaries and especially US, if we would reveal all casualties and losses of American soldiers and warmachinery, because today we have a such profound US military propaganda that they build almost or undestructable magical Depleted Uranium, Chobham and other magic words for naive fanboys, this would have a significant change also on political level.

The US MIC and Military have a tradition of Propaganda through Hollywood where USA is always the good guy and they will send 100 soldiers just to rescue one, that they only fight against unjustice and dictatorships, that Military hardware of the US is the highest technology the world has ever seen and every US grunt has all that stuff available at all time, that Tanks are the best, Jets are the best, Ships are the best and has no opponents with even similiar technology or effeciency. In every movie where anything that has action scenes or the Military in it, you see big screens almost Holographic, that every little meaningless soldier just can call in an airstrike for any kind of threat....etc.

You all seen this propaganda movies, you all know they portray their enemies as ville terrorists,nazis,communists and whatever.

This is all Propaganda that has been "educating" generations since the WW2 and how blatant it often is, it is still striking effective in manipulating peoples view of the "reality".

If we would reveal all those losses and counter all those profound infested propaganda in peoples heads, the will of everydays US citizen would drop to send people to war, other militaries would also have the opportunity to actually use same propaganda to demorilize those who are so eager for war which are mainly naive fools.

The point is the clearer the picture of war is the lower the will for war is. And Americans have never seen a real war on their soil, they are brainwashed since decades that USA has almost no losses and the other one is always the bad guy so lets kill him.
    This is a result of a society that has been brainwashed and artificially addled by the political system, for empirial reasons.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:08 am

The testing of A-100 AWACS aircraft will be started in 2017
    Russian Aviaton » Tuesday August 19, 2014 02:01 MSK

The state-testing of advanced A-100 Airborne Warning and Control System aircraft (AWACS) will be started in 2017, ITAR-TASS reports with reference to Deputy Director General of Vega Concern, Anatoly Kraylyuk (Vega is responsible for development of A-100 aircraft).

According to him, the production of aircraft equipment is underway; the state testing of these components will be started in 2016.

"According to the program schedule, the state testing of the aircraft will be started in 2017", - he said.

It was reported earlier that A-100 will be derived from Il-476 aircraft (Il-76MD-90A).

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Il-76MD-90A “Ulyanovsk” to Be Transferred to Taganrog Aviation Scientific-Technical Complex

AEW Il-76MD-90A entitled “Ulyanovsk” is today transferred to Taganrog Aviation Scientific-Technical Complex named after Beriev to create on its basis a prototype of promising aircraft with warning and control system A-100 “Premier”.

It was reported by TASS referring to “Aviastar-SP” – a company-manufacturer of the liner.

The aircraft successfully completed a flight test program in mid-November. Last test flight was conducted with the participation of representatives of the State Flight Test Center, who arrived from Moscow. To check the operation of the ship in difficult conditions, the landing was carried out in the dark.

http://rostechnologiesblog.wordpress.com/2014/11/21/il-76md-90a-ulyanovsk-to-be-transferred-to-taganrog-aviation-scientific-technical-complex/

Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cyberspec on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:49 am

The Il-20M and Il-86VKP - recent photos (March 2015)

Kyo
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Kyo on Mon May 18, 2015 12:50 pm

New Il-76MD-90A bound for A-100 AWACS at Beriev Bureau is being prepared for its first flight

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  medo on Mon May 18, 2015 9:14 pm

If I'm correct, this Il-476 is the second plane for conversion in A-100 AWACS.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Interesting! thumbsup
    Russian Defense Ministry to Modify MC-21 Passenger Aircraft Into AWACS

Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  Book. on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:56 pm

George1 wrote:Interesting! thumbsup

I like idea. PD14 engine good

GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Book. wrote:
    George1 wrote:Interesting! thumbsup

I like idea. PD14 engine good

Would it not be better to use Tu-214 as replacement airframes for Il-38 and !-50? MS-21 then could be produced and sold in bigger numbers 2 civilian airlines generating more profits?

Dorfmeister
    Private
    Private

Post  Dorfmeister on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:13 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:Would it not be better to use Tu-214 as replacement airframes for Il-38 and !-50? MS-21 then could be produced and sold in bigger numbers 2 civilian airlines generating more profits?

It was planned to use the Tu-204 as a basis for a MPA (to be called Tu-204P) to replace the IL-38/IL-38N... Unfortunately it has been cancelled due to funds shortage in the 2000's.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:01 am

Ilyushin has developed a modernized variant of aircraft Il-20M

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:37 am

Would it not be better to use Tu-214 as replacement airframes for Il-38 and !-50? MS-21 then could be produced and sold in bigger numbers 2 civilian airlines generating more profits?

The MS-21 is a newer design that will be more modern... and having them in service with the Russian military will expand their appeal for both civilian and military customers. Such sure contracts means expanding production is safer economically.

Note the page on Sputnik that talked about an AWACS version of the MS-21 has retracted the claim...
    CORRECTION: The original version of this article stated that Irkut planned to create a reconnaissance aircraft similar to the US AWACS, but the corporation later withdrew this statement as inaccurate.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:48 pm

IL-96-400VPU airborne command post delivered to FSB

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:57 am

Russian Military to Get 'Judgment Day' Command Center Aircraft This Month

Rostec announced that state testing of an aerial command post has been successfully completed and will enter into service with the Russian Defense Ministry.

MOSCOW, December 1 (Sputnik) – State testing of an aerial command post created on the basis of the Russian Ilyushin Il-80 Maxdome aircraft has been successfully completed and will enter into service with the Russian Defense Ministry by the end of the year, a subsidiary of Rostec announced Tuesday.

The only other country besides Russia that utilizes an aerial command post is the United States, which it calls the “Judgment Day plane,” and is used when it is impossible to set up a ground-based infrastructure to command troops or if the ground-based command center is destroyed.

“OPK has created for the Russian Defense Ministry an aerial second-generation strategic command post. The first onboard complex of technical equipment on the base of an Il-80 has successfully passed state tests and by the end of 2015 will be transferred to the client,” according to a press release.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151201/1031030818/russia-aerial-command-center.html#ixzz3t3ObkT5W

GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:16 am

GarryB wrote:

The MS-21 is a newer design that will be more modern... and having them in service with the Russian military will expand their appeal for both civilian and military customers. Such sure contracts means expanding production is safer economically.

Not sure about it - Tu-214 is localized in 100% and production can start virtually immediately (in scale of aircraft building) and MS-21 needs to be build first, then certified then production start and commercial orders delivered... so next 10years or so still till new plane hit Navy.

Svyatoslavich
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  Svyatoslavich on Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:56 am

George1 wrote:Russian Military to Get 'Judgment Day' Command Center Aircraft This Month

Rostec announced that state testing of an aerial command post has been successfully completed and will enter into service with the Russian Defense Ministry.

MOSCOW, December 1 (Sputnik) – State testing of an aerial command post created on the basis of the Russian Ilyushin Il-80 Maxdome aircraft has been successfully completed and will enter into service with the Russian Defense Ministry by the end of the year, a subsidiary of Rostec announced Tuesday.

The only other country besides Russia that utilizes an aerial command post is the United States, which it calls the “Judgment Day plane,” and is used when it is impossible to set up a ground-based infrastructure to command troops or if the ground-based command center is destroyed.

“OPK has created for the Russian Defense Ministry an aerial second-generation strategic command post. The first onboard complex of technical equipment on the base of an Il-80 has successfully passed state tests and by the end of 2015 will be transferred to the client,” according to a press release.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151201/1031030818/russia-aerial-command-center.html#ixzz3t3ObkT5W
    I had read this news before and didn't understand it. Is there an upgrade program for the Il-86VKP? Wasn't it to be replaced by new versions based on the Tu-214, like PU/VPU?

GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:16 am

Svyatoslavich wrote: I had read this news before and didn't understand it. Is there an upgrade program for the Il-86VKP? Wasn't it to be replaced by new versions based on the Tu-214, like PU/VPU?

Almost 3x longer range and almost 3x bigger payload?

TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TheArmenian on Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:28 am

This is the Il-80 "Judgment day".

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/71013/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:41 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:41 pm