Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Economy General News: #7

    Share

    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 533
    Points : 542
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  Project Canada on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:46 am

    Russia with all its natural resources can also be a Manufacturing powerhouse, alot of work has been made to improve this sector of the RF economy, but it seems there are still lots of areas that are not given attention, for Example, since there is a Booming infrastructure development in Russia, one of the things that entered my mind is Elevators. But as it turns out, there are no local companies in Russia that manufactures Elevators, meanwhile there is a company in neighboring Finland (Kone) that has been building elevators for many years and has exported their products to many countries! Now that Russia has embarked on a policy of localization, maybe its time to setup local companies that build products for the many construction projects going on in Russia. Aside from elevators, Russia needs their own TV brands, Computer brands, Cell phone brands, and many more civilian consumer brands. Why does it seem so difficult though?

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2543
    Points : 2676
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  kvs on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:30 am

    Project Canada wrote:Russia with all its natural resources  can also be a Manufacturing powerhouse, alot of work has been made to improve  this sector of the RF economy, but it seems there are still lots of areas that are not given attention, for Example, since there is a Booming infrastructure  development  in Russia, one of the things that entered my mind is Elevators. But as it turns out, there are no local companies  in Russia that manufactures Elevators, meanwhile there is a company in neighboring Finland (Kone) that has been building elevators  for many years and has exported their products  to many countries! Now that Russia has embarked on a policy of localization, maybe its time to setup local companies  that build products for the many construction  projects  going on in Russia. Aside from elevators, Russia needs their own TV brands, Computer brands, Cell phone  brands, and many more civilian consumer brands. Why does it seem so difficult though?

    The lack of new business formation in Russia is directly related to the loan shark interest rates set by the CBR. Aside from being an
    important element in daily business operations, interest rates also impact the formation of new businesses. Russia does not have
    a large stock market where businesses can raise capital. It still needs a functional banking sector to do this. Eventually the venture
    capital market will diversify but one has to start somewhere and reach various milestones first. It is development after all.

    It seems that now there is a move to clean house in Russia from these monetarist 5th columnists who are sabotaging Russia's
    economy. I hope this process is quick and vicious. Let NATO haters bleat their tired hate since it makes no difference to Russia.

    miketheterrible
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 178
    Points : 180
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  miketheterrible on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:13 am

    There is "Russian Lift" whom assembles elevators from Chinese company.  I think there are others as well, but not well known like Finnish company.

    You also have to be specific about branding. Russia has a few brands of computers that are quite big, like Kraftway: http://kraftway.ru/en/ They even make their own brand of motherboards. Cellphones there are a couple of brands as well. RoverPC is another brand of computers as well as cell phones. Highscreen as well is a known brand. TV brands are Polartv but Rubin seems to be gone I think. Samsung and LG has a plant in Chechnya region of Russia.

    Russia is going to have the Baikal ARM processor for future mobile devices and Elbrus processor is starting to gain some popularity in specific industries.

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1518
    Points : 1560
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:38 am

    kvs wrote:
    The lack of new business formation in Russia is directly related to the loan shark interest rates set by the CBR.   Aside from being an
    important element in daily business operations, interest rates also impact the formation of new businesses.   Russia does not have
    a large stock market where businesses can raise capital.   It still needs a functional banking sector to do this.   Eventually the venture
    capital market will diversify but one has to start somewhere and reach various milestones first.   It is development after all.  

    It seems that now there is a move to clean house in Russia from these monetarist 5th columnists who are sabotaging Russia's
    economy.   I hope this process is quick and vicious.  Let NATO haters bleat their tired hate since it makes no difference to Russia.


    i second that but why oh why Vova lets CBR shiit on economy? I hope this is not due to his beliefs but some external factors we do not understand...







    miketheterrible wrote:There is "Russian Lift" whom assembles elevators from Chinese company.  I think there are others as well, but not well known like Finnish company.

    You also have to be specific about branding.  Russia has a few brands of computers that are quite big, like Kraftway: http://kraftway.ru/en/  They even make their own brand of motherboards.  Cellphones there are a couple of brands as well.  RoverPC is another brand of computers as well as cell phones.  Highscreen as well is a known brand.  TV brands are Polartv but Rubin seems to be gone I think.  Samsung and LG has a plant in Chechnya region of Russia.

    Russia is going to have the Baikal ARM processor for future mobile devices and Elbrus processor is starting to gain some popularity in specific industries.

    I wish Yota would become popular consumer electronics brand...would be nice. What is missing in Russia form my perspective is lack of money to small customer oriented hi tech enterpistes. Like werables, smartphones, gaming equipment, some brands that make  Russian products known.

    Guss first step is to send Chubais to vacations in Magadan mines.

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1518
    Points : 1560
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:50 am

    Lads, morning funnies column for ya!



    Kudrin accused the Russian TV channels in unfounded anti-Western rhetoric
    According to the former Minister, the guests of many talk shows don't know how much business depends on foreign technologies


    http://www.interfax.ru/russia/537725?utm_source=mst_rd

    IN RUSSIA, 20:56, 19 november 2016
    Kudrin accused the Russian TV channels in unfounded anti-Western rhetoric
    According to the former Minister, the guests of many talk shows don't know how much business depends on foreign technologies


    Moscow. 19 Nov. INTERFAX.RU - head of the Council of the Center for strategic research (CSR) Alexei Kudrin said that anti-Western rhetoric on TV improves business relations of the country.

    "We hear and see anti-Western rhetoric, completely unfounded. I often see discussions on some talk show, and I wonder what these people do not know, today is the nature of business that most of the industry, including the military, depends on the importation of technology. Millions of contracts, which today is associated our country with the world," said Kudrin, speaking at the all-Russian civil forum on Saturday in Moscow.

    The former Finance Minister added that the business sector is also associated with human relationships in the professional community: professionals, businessmen.

    He stressed that "this does not correspond to the rhetoric that is present in a talk show on television".

    "Would we like to see these realities? We would like to learn its great benefits? In our country there is less geopolitical and military risks than the risks of technological and social backwardness. We have 4 times higher mortality rate than in neighboring Finland. This needs to be addressed, not the rhetoric," - said Kudrin.


    My opinion for this can be one: СМЕРШ

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1518
    Points : 1560
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:53 am

    kvs wrote:
    Rmf wrote:so? usa had high interest rates ,over 18% thats not heart attack Usa lived on and progressed..... http://cc8cade79959f162f888-639182b8dfd74297a8aba5936544399d.r17.cf1.rackcdn.com/content/pic35b7ee3a93c9e3c7e7d667f148df930e.png

    The more relevant figure that was already posted is the deficit percentage of GDP for the UK.   It was over 10% for many years.   Yet
    the 3% GDP deficit in Russia is some end of the world condition.

    http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/economics/government-deficit_gov-dfct-table-en

    United States  
    2008:  -7.2
    2009: -12.8
    2010: -12.2
    2011: -10.7
    2012:  -9.3
    2013:  -6.4
    2014:  -5.8
    2015:  -4.6

    Russian Federation
    2008:  +7.3
    2009:  -4.0
    2010:  -1.2
    2011:  +4.2
    2012:  +0.5
    2013:  -0.5
    2014:    0.0
    2015:  +0.2

    https://sputniknews.com/russia/201610011045900948-russia-economy-budget-deficit/

    3.7% deficit in 2016.   Oh the horror, oh the humanity!

    Well Ruble is not a reserve currency, please bear it in mind. In general do not live beyond your means i smart idea. What bugs me is why Russia is so dependent on people with view a la Kudrin (western mythical investors, technologies they will not sell us technologies and we depend on them!!! - like you cannot develop on your own? ) - who are either interested in colonial status quo because of money they make. Or even worse - they´re mentally colonized...

    SMERSH in short Smile

    miketheterrible
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 178
    Points : 180
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  miketheterrible on Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:53 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:Lads, morning funnies column for ya!



    Kudrin accused the Russian TV channels in unfounded anti-Western rhetoric
    According to the former Minister, the guests of many talk shows don't know how much business depends on foreign technologies


    http://www.interfax.ru/russia/537725?utm_source=mst_rd

    IN RUSSIA, 20:56, 19 november 2016
    Kudrin accused the Russian TV channels in unfounded anti-Western rhetoric
    According to the former Minister, the guests of many talk shows don't know how much business depends on foreign technologies


    Moscow. 19 Nov. INTERFAX.RU - head of the Council of the Center for strategic research (CSR) Alexei Kudrin said that anti-Western rhetoric on TV improves business relations of the country.

    "We hear and see anti-Western rhetoric, completely unfounded. I often see discussions on some talk show, and I wonder what these people do not know, today is the nature of business that most of the industry, including the military, depends on the importation of technology. Millions of contracts, which today is associated our country with the world," said Kudrin, speaking at the all-Russian civil forum on Saturday in Moscow.

    The former Finance Minister added that the business sector is also associated with human relationships in the professional community: professionals, businessmen.

    He stressed that "this does not correspond to the rhetoric that is present in a talk show on television".

    "Would we like to see these realities? We would like to learn its great benefits? In our country there is less geopolitical and military risks than the risks of technological and social backwardness. We have 4 times higher mortality rate than in neighboring Finland. This needs to be addressed, not the rhetoric," - said Kudrin.


    My opinion for this can be one: СМЕРШ

    not really funny since the guy is extremely ignorant while at same time has actual say. He may not be government anymore but now head of a top think tank in Russia that is shaping the economic structure of the nation. But he is also a sell out clearly indicated by the article. A real smart person would realise that you cannot rely on others for your economic development and your technical development. You also cannot compare either. Or you will be playing catch up for all eternity. Instead they need to develop in their own field and expand to re homology that works/fits them.

    Also, he might be oblivious to the fact that NATO is building forces right at Russia's borders and placing new missile systems. So there is indeed a major threat. The guy is extremely foolish to think otherwise.

    Why is he allowed to speak during these forums and events is beyond me. The all Russian front is a nationalist group more or less. Why did they let him speak their? Did Russians already forget how he ran off to the US after Medvedev and him and a falling out, and cry to his puppet masters?

    Russians still have a lot to learn on how to deal with such people in their country.

    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 533
    Points : 542
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  Project Canada on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:40 pm


    Kudrin might need a small dose of polonium in his tea Cool

    par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1070
    Points : 1207
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  par far on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:53 pm

    "Western firms invest billions in Russia as economy returns to growth."


    https://www.rt.com/business/367908-western-corporations-invest-russia-billions/



    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5681
    Points : 6087
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  Austin on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:55 pm

    Kudrin would have been long out of job if not for Putin intervention , It is he who is keeping him in work  so some one needs to ask him why he is there

    miketheterrible
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 178
    Points : 180
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  miketheterrible on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:04 pm

    I think, and I'm just throwing it out there, is that Kudrin is the other sides voice. It is more like a "to keep them quiet and complacent (libs), keep him employed". So they put him in charge of a liberal economic think tank while presidential advisor Glazyev is head of the conservative think tank. So now you get both sides, both options and ideas.

    But he shouldn't be invited to the ONF conference in first place.

    Also there seems to be mixed information regarding what he has said. In the past, he was anti military. Apparently his reasoning for things he said is that he wants to keep the anti western mindset to a minimum to improve prospects of western companies investing in Russia. Because in his mind, a weak economy means a weak military. Other thought too is that he thinks the technological backwardness of Russia (which I don't agree with) is more of a threat to Russia than the military one currently.

    But he is foolish anyway. Russia isn't really technologically backwards. And if you try to always catch up, you will be doing so for forever. Instead, Russia needs to develop its own standards for technology and in their own capabilities so that in the end, its comparing apples to oranges.

    AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1150
    Points : 1163
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  AlfaT8 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:12 pm

    Austin wrote:Kudrin would have been long out of job if not for Putin intervention , It is he who is keeping him in work  so some one needs to ask him why he is there

    Considering that it looks like a purge of the 5th column has started, maybe he wants him in the "killzone"?

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2543
    Points : 2676
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  kvs on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:21 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:

    Well Ruble is not a reserve currency, please bear it in mind. In general do not live beyond your means i smart idea. What bugs me is why Russia is so dependent on people with view a la Kudrin (western mythical  investors, technologies they will not sell us technologies and we depend on them!!! - like you cannot develop on your own? ) - who are either interested in colonial status quo because of money they make. Or even worse -  they´re  mentally colonized...

    SMERSH in short Smile

    Russia does not need for the ruble to be a reserve currency to handle deficits in the 5% and even higher range. Deficits are not
    money printing so the inflation risk is not there. The only problem is debt accumulation. But Russia is clearly not using deficits
    to fake GDP growth like most of the OECD. But propagandists bleat as if Russia is in imminent danger of collapse when Russia runs
    very tame deficits for a couple of years while keeping quiet about decades long deficit stimulus of OECD GDP numbers.

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5681
    Points : 6087
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  Austin on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:51 am

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    Austin wrote:Kudrin would have been long out of job if not for Putin intervention , It is he who is keeping him in work  so some one needs to ask him why he is there

    Considering that it looks like a purge of the 5th column has started, maybe he wants him in the "killzone"?

    Putin keeps two type of opposing people in his camp that has been his style ......He doesnt think the monetarist types like Kudrin or Central Bank Chief are Dangerous like many here think or would like to think. 

    It would be interesting to see what Economic Plan he follows for 2018-2024  period he told every one to come with a proposal to improve the economy , Lets see which of the proposal he accepts that would show what his thinking is on this matter.

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1518
    Points : 1560
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:24 pm

    Austin wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    Austin wrote:Kudrin would have been long out of job if not for Putin intervention , It is he who is keeping him in work  so some one needs to ask him why he is there

    Considering that it looks like a purge of the 5th column has started, maybe he wants him in the "killzone"?

    Putin keeps two type of opposing people in his camp that has been his style ......He doesnt think the monetarist types like Kudrin or Central Bank Chief are Dangerous like many here think or would like to think. 

    It would be interesting to see what Economic Plan he follows for 2018-2024  period he told every one to come with a proposal to improve the economy , Lets see which of the proposal he accepts that would show what his thinking is on this matter.

    Indeed for some reason he keeps them there. I hope temporary. Until Trump starts fighting with globalist mafia. Monetarists brought only GDP slowing, population pauperisation and even more dangerous: colonial style of economy. And now those people want to manage economy?

    This contradicts to Putins social approach BTW.


    Their colonial kind of thinking: Chubais: neve invest in buying companies in west for technologies bu to only provide money for their development without managing decisions. Kudrin we need to impot technologies. Like anybody sell top notch technologies.

    Those people are either open traitors or retards now interested in Russia developing own technologies and hi tech.






    As for next period after Putin´s re-election it might be true. First sign would be who´s next after Ulukayev.





    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 533
    Points : 542
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  Project Canada on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:39 pm


    Russia begins production of electric engines at EU premium standards

    By 2021, the Genborg factory near Lipetsk expects to supply 10% of Russian electric motors sold in Western Europe and 30% in the CIS. The plant is also planning to add the production company VEM motors in its capacity, a company which ranks second in Germany after Siemens in production of electric motors

    On Nov. 18, Genborg Company launched the production of electric motors to be used in mining, metallurgical, chemical and food industries. The factory is located in the Lipetsk Region, 310 miles southeast of Moscow.

    According to Genborg, this is the only factory in Russia whose products meet premium EU standards for energy efficiency. Only the world’s leading manufacturers, such as Siemens, ABB and WEG, produce engines at these standards, the Industry Development Fund reported to RBTH.

    “The factory was originally conceived for exports, which is why it was named Genborg, which sounds more European,” the plant's general director Fyodor Dudin said in an interview with RBTH. At full capacity, the factory is expected to supply 10% of the products sold in Western Europe, 30% in the CIS market, and 60% of products on the Russian market. Deliveries to countries near and far are expected to start in 2017, Dudin said.

    Why they need a new factory
    Genborg received production investments of 1.4 billion rubles ($21.5 million), half of which came from the largest bank in Russia, Sberbank, and the special government-created Industrial Development Fund. The factory can produce 25 thousand motors a year for 1.3 billion rubles ($20 million). By 2021, the company hopes to hold 8% of the Russian market.

    Aleksei Shedrov, head of innovation and industrial policy of Lipetsk Region, told RBTH that other factories in the region are expected to use the engines, including NLMK, one of the largest Russian metallurgical companies; the machine-building corporation TSNO Khimmash; and the Italian company Indesit's local manufacturing plant.

    Genborg also anticipates their engines will be used by the Intermash machine-building company in Lipetsk, which recently received a loan from the Industrial Development Fund, said Yuri Shamkov, Deputy Director of the Fund. Today, Intermash supplies machinery to the CIS, Europe, China and Southeast Asia.

    Production with VEM Company
    German IE-2 and IE-3 engines will also be used in the metallurgical industry. However, according to Rüdiger Strümpel, Managing Director of VEM Motors, Genborg and VEM products will not compete but instead will "complement one another," because VEM will produce engines for different uses.

    “Today VEM produces approximately 2,500 different types of electrical engines and supplies them for all industries and purposes around the world, from power plants to shipbuilding,” said Strümpel. They are also planning to release engines under the brand name of Genborg, using VEM parts, Strümpel elaborated.

    An additional line with a capacity of 5,000 – 10,000 units per year will be installed at the Lipetsk plant in order to manufacture VEM Motors products. The terms of their cooperation are still being discussed; it may be a partial contract for manufacturing and partial for production under Genborg’s name, said Fyodor Dudin, director of the plant.

    At the plant’s opening, Genborg also signed an agreement to supply components from the German company Schuler, which specializes in processing metals with pressure and volume pressing, technologies necessary for producing engines.

    http://rbth.com/business/2016/11/24/russia-begins-production-of-electric-engines-at-eu-premium-standards_650577

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #7

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:22 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:22 pm