Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Share

    SLB

    Posts : 20
    Points : 24
    Join date : 2017-06-08

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  SLB on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:56 pm

    T-47 wrote:Not arguing but still I'd like point out some stuffs.

    1. Again Pella is private shipyard, they won't do anything unless they see profit. They'll compromise a little to none about the price but yeah you can expect complete professionalism from them. Also I'm not sure if they have the sizable shipyard or the capability for Derzky right now, besides they are busy building Karakurts and other boats for their other clients.

    2. I'm not falling for Krylov Institute. There are already mentioned mismatch between the description and the picture by Big_Gazza. Also its hard to believe with that much weapon it'll be just 2KT! With a price near as Buyan-M lol! lol! lol! Personally I think Krylov needs a reform. They need to do better than producing troll ship models.

    3. Project 20386 is never intended to be an LCS. Just compare the armaments, LCS are tiny against it. 20386 are basically for supporting naval infantry and navy special forces. Thats why there are no fixed VLS. You can remove the container and put whatever the mission need ie BK-16/10 boats or other things. This ship is not the mainstream corvette. Beside this function it also has 16 Redut AD. Which even 11356 lacks! Another point is, it is not the size of 11356 (124M vs 109M, 20380/20381 104.5M and 20385 106M). So don't compare them. And its clearly not oversized and under-armed. Actually this new Krylov troll ship is undersized and over-armed!

    4. Just a thought of mine, there can be a version of Buyan with Redut only! They are capable of going through rivers and canals. So basically a river based Redut.


    So the 20386 has 4 more Redut VLS than the 20380 (33%more), all the while weighing 1200 ton more (55% more !). Not really impressed here.

    Supporting naval infantry and navy special forces in what corner of the empire? This is not the US of A Imperial Navy, it is the Russian Navy.
    Let the american morons get their special forces troops killed half world away, Russian Navy needs much more the capability to fire anti-ship
    and land attack stand off missiles, than to insert/extract half a dozen special forces guys in a lost hellhole.

    IMHO corvette with the 20385 armament but powered by Russian engines would have been a better concept than the 20386...
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1505
    Points : 1505
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:07 pm

    SLB wrote:
    T-47 wrote:Not arguing but still I'd like point out some stuffs.

    1. Again Pella is private shipyard, they won't do anything unless they see profit. They'll compromise a little to none about the price but yeah you can expect complete professionalism from them. Also I'm not sure if they have the sizable shipyard or the capability for Derzky right now, besides they are busy building Karakurts and other boats for their other clients.

    2. I'm not falling for Krylov Institute. There are already mentioned mismatch between the description and the picture by Big_Gazza. Also its hard to believe with that much weapon it'll be just 2KT! With a price near as Buyan-M lol! lol! lol! Personally I think Krylov needs a reform. They need to do better than producing troll ship models.

    3. Project 20386 is never intended to be an LCS. Just compare the armaments, LCS are tiny against it. 20386 are basically for supporting naval infantry and navy special forces. Thats why there are no fixed VLS. You can remove the container and put whatever the mission need ie BK-16/10 boats or other things. This ship is not the mainstream corvette. Beside this function it also has 16 Redut AD. Which even 11356 lacks! Another point is, it is not the size of 11356 (124M vs 109M, 20380/20381 104.5M and 20385 106M). So don't compare them. And its clearly not oversized and under-armed. Actually this new Krylov troll ship is undersized and over-armed!

    4. Just a thought of mine, there can be a version of Buyan with Redut only! They are capable of going through rivers and canals. So basically a river based Redut.


    So the 20386 has 4 more Redut VLS than the 20380 (33%more), all the while weighing 1200 ton more (55% more !). Not really impressed here.

    Supporting naval infantry and navy special forces in what corner of the empire? This is not the US of A Imperial Navy, it is the Russian Navy.
    Let the american morons get their special forces troops killed half world away, Russian Navy needs much more the capability to fire anti-ship
    and land attack stand off missiles, than to insert/extract half a dozen special forces guys in a lost hellhole.

    IMHO corvette with the 20385 armament but powered by Russian engines would have been a better concept than the 20386...

    I don't know if design allowed it. 20386 is designed around the Saturn engines.

    SLB

    Posts : 20
    Points : 24
    Join date : 2017-06-08

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  SLB on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:27 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:
    SLB wrote:
    T-47 wrote:Not arguing but still I'd like point out some stuffs.

    1. Again Pella is private shipyard, they won't do anything unless they see profit. They'll compromise a little to none about the price but yeah you can expect complete professionalism from them. Also I'm not sure if they have the sizable shipyard or the capability for Derzky right now, besides they are busy building Karakurts and other boats for their other clients.

    2. I'm not falling for Krylov Institute. There are already mentioned mismatch between the description and the picture by Big_Gazza. Also its hard to believe with that much weapon it'll be just 2KT! With a price near as Buyan-M lol! lol! lol! Personally I think Krylov needs a reform. They need to do better than producing troll ship models.

    3. Project 20386 is never intended to be an LCS. Just compare the armaments, LCS are tiny against it. 20386 are basically for supporting naval infantry and navy special forces. Thats why there are no fixed VLS. You can remove the container and put whatever the mission need ie BK-16/10 boats or other things. This ship is not the mainstream corvette. Beside this function it also has 16 Redut AD. Which even 11356 lacks! Another point is, it is not the size of 11356 (124M vs 109M, 20380/20381 104.5M and 20385 106M). So don't compare them. And its clearly not oversized and under-armed. Actually this new Krylov troll ship is undersized and over-armed!

    4. Just a thought of mine, there can be a version of Buyan with Redut only! They are capable of going through rivers and canals. So basically a river based Redut.


    So the 20386 has 4 more Redut VLS than the 20380 (33%more), all the while weighing 1200 ton more (55% more !). Not really impressed here.

    Supporting naval infantry and navy special forces in what corner of the empire? This is not the US of A Imperial Navy, it is the Russian Navy.
    Let the american morons get their special forces troops killed half world away, Russian Navy needs much more the capability to fire anti-ship
    and land attack stand off missiles, than to insert/extract half a dozen special forces guys in a lost hellhole.

    IMHO corvette with the 20385 armament but powered by Russian engines would have been a better concept than the 20386...

    I don't know if design allowed it.  20386 is designed around the Saturn engines.

    Well, I think one can design a ship with 1 UKSK, 16 redut cells, paket, and a helicopter around Saturn engines...
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5611
    Points : 5715
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:20 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:.......................
    You are aware that various professionals within the MoD themselves have shown interest in their designs, right?  
    .....

    MOD shows interest in everything. It doesn't mean jack shit in the real world. Anime-Lider destroyer and Shtorm supercarrier ring a bell?

    miketheterrible wrote:......
    I am curious to know your expertise in this matter that you can even proclaim the MoD personnel to be idiots.  
    .....

    I proclaimed idiots from Krylov to be idiots. I never mentioned MOD (although they got their moments)

    miketheterrible wrote:.....
    Since you are smarter than them, you will need to explain to them how they will be able to afford these corvettes like Gremashi, with a budget that will be half of that what it was prior, for the navy (~2T Rubles compared to ~4T rubles) while being able to fulfill what Putin demanded for Navy in the next 13 years.
    ......

    Simple: they won't. Putin will have to pay for stuff he demands. Otherwise, tone it down.

    miketheterrible wrote:.....
    20386 is expensive and the first ship was laid down in 2016, and wont be active till 2021.  
    .....

    And this mini-Anime-Lider scam will be at least as expensive, it will laid down much later than 2016 and won't be active until much later than 2021.

    miketheterrible wrote:.....
     So they will definitely need something else unless they speed up and expand construction of 20386 and thus reduce prices of the ship by commonality of parts.

    And like you said, they will have to speed up and expand construction of 20386 and thus reduce prices of the ship by commonality of parts.

    What they SHOULD NOT do is to waste time and money on yet another overlapping inferior ship model like some Soviet morons.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5611
    Points : 5715
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:30 pm

    SLB wrote:.........
    Supporting naval infantry and navy special forces in what corner of the empire? This is not the US of A Imperial Navy, it is the Russian Navy. Let the american morons get their special forces troops killed half world away, .....

    Yes it is not US Navy, it's Russian Navy and Russian Navy's main purpose is to go after submarines, not surface ships. Surface ships can't nuke Russian cities unlike submarines.

    And going after submarines is 20386's main purpose.

    SLB wrote:.........
    Russian Navy needs much more the capability to fire anti-ship and land attack stand off missiles, than to insert/extract half a dozen special forces guys in a lost hellhole..............

    Firing anti-ship and land attack stand off missiles is on bottom of priority list for Russian Navy.

    Hostile submarines are located neither on surface nor land.


    SLB wrote:.........
    Well, I think one can design a ship with 1 UKSK, 16 redut cells, paket, and a helicopter around Saturn engines...

    Yes you can and they did. It's called 20386 Derzkii corvette. Foloving vessels are to get UKSK instead of Uran.

    Remember how Steregushii became Gremashii? Same thing here only from as early as second ship.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1505
    Points : 1505
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:10 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:.......................
    You are aware that various professionals within the MoD themselves have shown interest in their designs, right?  
    .....

    MOD shows interest in everything. It doesn't mean jack shit in the real world. Anime-Lider destroyer and Shtorm supercarrier ring a bell?

    miketheterrible wrote:......
    I am curious to know your expertise in this matter that you can even proclaim the MoD personnel to be idiots.  
    .....

    I proclaimed idiots from Krylov to be idiots. I never mentioned MOD (although they got their moments)

    miketheterrible wrote:.....
    Since you are smarter than them, you will need to explain to them how they will be able to afford these corvettes like Gremashi, with a budget that will be half of that what it was prior, for the navy (~2T Rubles compared to ~4T rubles) while being able to fulfill what Putin demanded for Navy in the next 13 years.
    ......

    Simple: they won't. Putin will have to pay for stuff he demands. Otherwise, tone it down.

    miketheterrible wrote:.....
    20386 is expensive and the first ship was laid down in 2016, and wont be active till 2021.  
    .....

    And this mini-Anime-Lider scam will be at least as expensive, it will laid down much later than 2016 and won't be active until much later than 2021.

    miketheterrible wrote:.....
     So they will definitely need something else unless they speed up and expand construction of 20386 and thus reduce prices of the ship by commonality of parts.

    And like you said, they will have to speed up and expand construction of 20386 and thus reduce prices of the ship by commonality of parts.

    What they SHOULD NOT do is to waste time and money on yet another overlapping inferior ship model like some Soviet morons.

    You are aware that they are still looking at both carriers and Lider, right?  They never even mentioned this year or next year either regarding the ships.  There is a thing called "planning ahead", maybe something you are not familiar of.  Your kind kept saying same about PAK FA, how delightfully great it was to see so many of you choke your own words.

    "Lider, Armata, PAK FA, Shtrom, etc etc etc will never come out.  They will never be made.  They will never be developed"  Yeah yeah yeah.  So far, two of them are, now two more.  I just bet the Russians are reading what some two bit numpty from Serbia is saying about their MiC and what they can, cannot do and what they will and will not do or what is even best for them.  News flash, we are nobodies.  Nor do we have inside info.

    I'll put this into perspective for you - there are a lot more than what is being built.  Simply enough, you don't know and neither do I.  What I find irritating how people like you always say what is and what isn't without actually being there or being in the position to actually say.  Yeah, you think you are very smart, we get it.  But I figure Putin, Russian MoD and alike are smarter than you, or I for that matter.  And they will get what they need.  If you think that the research and development of marine Krylov is all shit, they wouldn't exist.  Actually, they are still funded for a reason.  If they are wasting government funding, then they will be taken to court, like Sukhoi is currently.

    They may, or may not bother to build this ship. All in all, this is a kind of ship Russia needs, especially if they can keep costs down. Since neither you nor I know what the cost is exactly, and what is the plans, then I guess we can wager that if you think that it will never happen, you are full of shit. Just like I would be to say it will happen. Maybe it will, maybe it wont. Maybe they will go for more small corvettes/missile boats, who knows. But they already set in stone exactly what they will be doing, if you like it or not.

    http://tass.com/politics/957125
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5611
    Points : 5715
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:..................

    You are aware that they are still looking at both carriers and Lider, right?  ....

    One carrier from fantasy land, not two. And one anime destroyer.

    Looking (in disbelief) is all any remotely intelligent human would do with those abominations.

    Spending money on them is for idiots.

    miketheterrible wrote:....  There is a thing called "planning ahead"....

    Yes there is, that is why they will not waste time and money on anime fan art made by idiots. What was last usable ship these particular morons designed that got built?

    miketheterrible wrote:..................
    Your kind kept saying same about PAK FA, how delightfully great it was to see so many of you choke your own words.
    ....

    My kind? Oh please do tell me more about ''my kind''...

    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1505
    Points : 1505
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:32 pm

    Like it or not asshole, reality is reality.  Like I said, they design and send off for development if demanded.  They also design other sub systems too.  Hence why they are kept.  Even now, after Zvezda plant is built, they are talking about carriers again.  That is the MoD saying it, not some company either.  But please, do tell us what they need and what they will get.  Your kind, are the people who love to go on, and on and on about "oh this is shit.  This wont Happen.  This will happen".  I bet you would never have even figured Russia would enter in Syria but low and behold they did.  These are all the same things I hear countless of times from the same kind of people who talked about how Sukhoi cannot do this or that to develop the PAK FA.  You may have been on mp.net, so you may remember quite well.  If not, then I suggest you go back and read.  Many figured Armata would never exist either.  Oh you know, who needs Armata or PAK FA? Waste of money and time.  Hell, why bother with having a military at all?  In this regard, a Navy?

    Like I said, a numpty from Serbia telling what Russia can and cannot do, and what they will and will not do.  If you are so fucking smart, go and get a job over there.  Otherwise, shut the fuck up already with your predictions and what you would do as grand admiral of the Russian navy or whatever.

    Did you also predict the current corvettes? Did you predict the issues happening? While you are at it, tell us how your crystal ball showed us the results of Redut and or the issues behind it?  Maybe we should go further and talk about Kuznetsov and how they plan to keep that if they wont build new carriers or whatever bullshit you think?  Oh, they don't need them? OK.  Then tell us why they wont build any new destroyers? They don't need those either, right?  I take it, no need for any kind of blue water navy at all.  Correct?\

    Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said the contract for building an aircraft carrier might be signed by the end of 2025. And Industry and Trade Minister Denis Manturov said a sketch project of what may become Russia’s aircraft carrier of the future had been presented to the Defense Ministry.

    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/963756

    Say what you will of Rogozin, but Borisov is a man to his word.  So if you also think he is full of shit, then you are helpless.

    http://tass.com/defense/958156

    Read this.  Go over it, and get over yourself. Notice they quote names? Navy’s Deputy Chief Viktor Bursuk? Not "Papadragon from butt fuck nowhere in Serbia"
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5611
    Points : 5715
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:55 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:Like it or not asshole, reality is reality.  Like I said, they design and send off for development if demanded.  They also design other sub systems too.  Hence why they are kept.  Even now, after Zvezda plant is built, they are talking about carriers again.  That is the MoD saying it, not some company either.  But please, do tell us what they need and what they will get.  Your kind, are the people who love to go on, and on and on about "oh this is shit.  This wont Happen.  This will happen".  I bet you would never have even figured Russia would enter in Syria but low and behold they did.  These are all the same things I hear countless of times from the same kind of people who talked about how Sukhoi cannot do this or that to develop the PAK FA.  You may have been on mp.net, so you may remember quite well.  If not, then I suggest you go back and read.  Many figured Armata would never exist either.  Oh you know, who needs Armata or PAK FA? Waste of money and time.  Hell, why bother with having a military at all?  In this regard, a Navy?

    Like I said, a numpty from Serbia telling what Russia can and cannot do, and what they will and will not do.  If you are so fucking smart, go and get a job over there.  Otherwise, shut the fuck up already with your predictions and what you would do as grand admiral of the Russian navy or whatever.

    Did you also predict the current corvettes? Did you predict the issues happening? While you are at it, tell us how your crystal ball showed us the results of Redut and or the issues behind it?  Maybe we should go further and talk about Kuznetsov and how they plan to keep that if they wont build new carriers or whatever bullshit you think?  Oh, they don't need them? OK.  Then tell us why they wont build any new destroyers? They don't need those either, right?  I take it, no need for any kind of blue water navy at all.  Correct?\

    Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said the contract for building an aircraft carrier might be signed by the end of 2025. And Industry and Trade Minister Denis Manturov said a sketch project of what may become Russia’s aircraft carrier of the future had been presented to the Defense Ministry.

    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/963756

    Say what you will of Rogozin, but Borisov is a man to his word.  So if you also think he is full of shit, then you are helpless.

    http://tass.com/defense/958156

    Read this.  Go over it, and get over yourself.  Notice they quote names? Navy’s Deputy Chief Viktor Bursuk? Not "Papadragon from butt fuck nowhere in Serbia"


    And how about you go fuck yourself you shit-snorting cum dumpster?

    They can't build a frigate in two decades but they will build functioning life sized anime fanart?

    Sure, no problem.

    So do I mark completion date as 2250 or 2350?

    You know, so I can plan when to crack open champagne... drunken
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1505
    Points : 1505
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Like it or not asshole, reality is reality.  Like I said, they design and send off for development if demanded.  They also design other sub systems too.  Hence why they are kept.  Even now, after Zvezda plant is built, they are talking about carriers again.  That is the MoD saying it, not some company either.  But please, do tell us what they need and what they will get.  Your kind, are the people who love to go on, and on and on about "oh this is shit.  This wont Happen.  This will happen".  I bet you would never have even figured Russia would enter in Syria but low and behold they did.  These are all the same things I hear countless of times from the same kind of people who talked about how Sukhoi cannot do this or that to develop the PAK FA.  You may have been on mp.net, so you may remember quite well.  If not, then I suggest you go back and read.  Many figured Armata would never exist either.  Oh you know, who needs Armata or PAK FA? Waste of money and time.  Hell, why bother with having a military at all?  In this regard, a Navy?

    Like I said, a numpty from Serbia telling what Russia can and cannot do, and what they will and will not do.  If you are so fucking smart, go and get a job over there.  Otherwise, shut the fuck up already with your predictions and what you would do as grand admiral of the Russian navy or whatever.

    Did you also predict the current corvettes? Did you predict the issues happening? While you are at it, tell us how your crystal ball showed us the results of Redut and or the issues behind it?  Maybe we should go further and talk about Kuznetsov and how they plan to keep that if they wont build new carriers or whatever bullshit you think?  Oh, they don't need them? OK.  Then tell us why they wont build any new destroyers? They don't need those either, right?  I take it, no need for any kind of blue water navy at all.  Correct?\

    Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said the contract for building an aircraft carrier might be signed by the end of 2025. And Industry and Trade Minister Denis Manturov said a sketch project of what may become Russia’s aircraft carrier of the future had been presented to the Defense Ministry.

    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/963756

    Say what you will of Rogozin, but Borisov is a man to his word.  So if you also think he is full of shit, then you are helpless.

    http://tass.com/defense/958156

    Read this.  Go over it, and get over yourself.  Notice they quote names? Navy’s Deputy Chief Viktor Bursuk? Not "Papadragon from butt fuck nowhere in Serbia"


    And how about you go fuck yourself you shit-snorting cum dumpster?

    They can't build a frigate in two decades but they will build functioning life sized anime fanart?

    Sure, no problem.

    So do I mark completion date as 2250 or 2350?

    You know, so I can plan when to crack open champagne... drunken

    How about this Serb, why don't you wait and see.  They chose a deadline when they will decide, so why not wait till that deadline comes to find out if they laid down a ship or not of that design?  They managed to build Frigates in a decade.  I don't know where you get that from? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_Grigorovich-class_frigate

    Maybe you are just acting stupid for no reason other than trying to sound smart.  It isn't working though.  I imagine you work for the shipbuilding plants in Serbia that explains all the time on your hands and your expertise? Laughing
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5611
    Points : 5715
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:03 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:.................

    How about this Serb, why don't you wait and see?  They managed to build Frigates in a decade.  I don't know where you get that from? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_Grigorovich-class_frigate

    Maybe you are just acting stupid for no reason other than trying to sound smart.  It isn't working though.  I imagine you work for the shipbuilding plants in Serbia that explains all the time on your hands? Laughing

    So it's working and it got accepted into service?

    HEAVENS BE PRAISED!!! cheers

    For a while there I thought that they couldn't get missiles to work even after 10th factory trial and that they got stuck on 4 ships in class without even ordering more for some nebulous reason...

    Good thing I was wrong. russia
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1505
    Points : 1505
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:06 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:.................

    How about this Serb, why don't you wait and see?  They managed to build Frigates in a decade.  I don't know where you get that from? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_Grigorovich-class_frigate

    Maybe you are just acting stupid for no reason other than trying to sound smart.  It isn't working though.  I imagine you work for the shipbuilding plants in Serbia that explains all the time on your hands? Laughing

    So it's working and it got accepted into service?

    HEAVENS BE PRAISED!!! cheers

    For a while there I thought that they couldn't get missiles to work even after 10th factory trial and that they got stuck on 4 ships in class without even ordering more for some nebulous reason...

    Good thing I was wrong. russia

    It isn't using Redut, you are thinking of the wrong ship.  You are thinking Gorshkov. Which the issue was 1 missile type BTW and apparently, that passed remaining tests too as of recently.

    Anyway, this is boring.

    Tingsay

    Posts : 28
    Points : 32
    Join date : 2016-12-09

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  Tingsay on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:39 am

    SLB wrote:

    So the 20386 has 4 more Redut VLS than the 20380 (33%more), all the while weighing 1200 ton more (55% more !). Not really impressed here.

    Supporting naval infantry and navy special forces in what corner of the empire? This is not the US of A Imperial Navy, it is the Russian Navy.
    Let the american morons get their special forces troops killed half world away, Russian Navy needs much more the capability to fire anti-ship
    and land attack stand off missiles, than to insert/extract half a dozen special forces guys in a lost hellhole.

    IMHO corvette with the 20385 armament but powered by Russian engines would have been a better concept than the 20386...

    You need to reassess your view of the Derzky. It is not meant to be an LCS.
    It is actually one of the better ships currently being made right now. The internal space that can hold a variety of different weapons and equipments is very very creative, making it a flexible ship.
    Do you need more Kalibr's in a particular situation?    Take out/in equipments and Rearrange
    Do you need a speed boat or two and feel extra kalibr is useless?    Take out/in equipments and Rearrange
    Do you need more UAVs in a particular situation?    Take out/in equipments and Rearrange

    I can go on....

    Criticize the other new ships planned but hands off on the Derzky. That is a fine ship.

    SLB

    Posts : 20
    Points : 24
    Join date : 2017-06-08

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  SLB on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:11 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    SLB wrote:.........
    Supporting naval infantry and navy special forces in what corner of the empire? This is not the US of A Imperial Navy, it is the Russian Navy. Let the american morons get their special forces troops killed half world away, .....

    Yes it is not US Navy, it's Russian Navy and Russian Navy's main purpose is to go after submarines, not surface ships. Surface ships can't nuke Russian cities unlike submarines.

    And going after submarines is 20386's main purpose.

    SLB wrote:.........
    Russian Navy needs much more the capability to fire anti-ship and land attack stand off missiles, than to insert/extract half a dozen special forces guys in a lost hellhole..............

    Firing anti-ship and land attack stand off missiles is on bottom of priority list for Russian Navy.

    Hostile submarines are located neither on surface nor land.


    SLB wrote:.........
    Well, I think one can design a ship with 1 UKSK, 16 redut cells, paket, and a helicopter around Saturn engines...

    Yes you can and they did. It's called 20386 Derzkii corvette. Foloving vessels are to get UKSK instead of Uran.

    Remember how Steregushii became Gremashii? Same thing here only from as early as second ship.


    Well I had heard nothing on that front, but if that is the case, when I see a 20386 with UKSK being launched,
    I'll take back my pessimistic outlook on that ship.

    I also agree that ASuW is the biggest priority, but the capability of firing Oniks, or possibly Zirkon is also very important.
    Uran is all good and fine, but not so good for targeting large ships
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5611
    Points : 5715
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:44 pm

    '

    Not military vessels but Zvezda just started working on 4 (FOUR) vessels simultaneously. This is how you build ships, not one at a time with decade long pause between 4 ships

    https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/97746/





    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1505
    Points : 1505
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:54 pm

    This is Russia's most modern shipyard and biggest too after its ready to build 114,000 ton ships. This shipyard will be classified as strategic while the other shipyards will have to get their shit together.
    avatar
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1420
    Points : 1421
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  AlfaT8 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:54 am

    IMO, they need another one of these Shipyards in the North.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1505
    Points : 1505
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:02 am

    AlfaT8 wrote:IMO, they need another one of these Shipyards in the North.

    they can upgrade existing ones but that will happen much later. With the ice breakers, these ships can transport to Baltic sea from pacific rather easily. That's good enough for now since small shipyards can deal for the black sea and Caspian.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1690
    Points : 1730
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:54 am

    Short info vid about new corvette's layout.

    https://iz.ru/642002/video/grafika-korvet-lider-nov

    and some pics:







    T-47

    Posts : 211
    Points : 215
    Join date : 2017-07-17
    Location : Planet Earth

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  T-47 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:54 pm

    Thats the destroyer in the video, not this corvette -_-
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5611
    Points : 5715
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:39 pm

    T-47 wrote:Thats the destroyer in the video, not this corvette -_-

    In the end it's all just anime fanart just like everything else from Krylov.

    T-47

    Posts : 211
    Points : 215
    Join date : 2017-07-17
    Location : Planet Earth

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  T-47 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:18 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    In the end it's all just anime fanart just like everything else from Krylov.

    Well at least that destroyer model matches with description provided unlike the corvette.
    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 838
    Points : 856
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  Big_Gazza on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:01 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    T-47 wrote:Thats the destroyer in the video, not this corvette -_-

    In the end it's all just anime fanart just like everything else from Krylov.

    Its just fanart...  until the 1st one gets built.

    Seriously, instead of just shitting on Krylov because of their "pagoda" Lider, whats your issue with this corvette design?  I personally like it, and if they can keep the manning level down to a minimum, I think its feasible.

    Krylov, Khunichev, Kurganmashzavod...  I think you just hate enterprises starting with K....  Very Happy
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 927
    Points : 925
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  Isos on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:19 pm

    Big_Gazza wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    T-47 wrote:Thats the destroyer in the video, not this corvette -_-

    In the end it's all just anime fanart just like everything else from Krylov.

    Its just fanart...  until the 1st one gets built.

    Seriously, instead of just shitting on Krylov because of their "pagoda" Lider, whats your issue with this corvette design?  I personally like it, and if they can keep the manning level down to a minimum, I think its feasible.

    Krylov, Khunichev, Kurganmashzavod...  I think you just hate enterprises starting with K....  Very Happy

    They have tons of new corvette design ... They should start working on bigger ships. At the end all their corvettes are same with UKSK and redut vls. That's what happen when you standartize your ships every design will be equal to the other. Soviet ships were designed around their missiles that's why they were beautifull while now you put the VLS and make it work in the open ocean. Steregouchy proved to be able to do that ... why waste time with more corvette design.



    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5611
    Points : 5715
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:28 pm

    Big_Gazza wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    T-47 wrote:Thats the destroyer in the video, not this corvette -_-

    In the end it's all just anime fanart just like everything else from Krylov.

    Its just fanart...  until the 1st one gets built.

    Seriously, instead of just shitting on Krylov because of their "pagoda" Lider, whats your issue with this corvette design?  I personally like it, and if they can keep the manning level down to a minimum, I think its feasible.

    Krylov, Khunichev, Kurganmashzavod...  I think you just hate enterprises starting with K....  Very Happy

    I got no beef with K. Especially not with Kurganmashzavod. As for Krunichev are you going to tell me that you are a fan of those dicks? Cool

    My issue is that everyone is having a boner when they start counting missiles on this anime BS while nobody make an effort to ask about RANGE and ENDURANCE. That's the problem here.

    If you remember it was short range and endurance that prompted Navy to go from Steregushy to Gremashi/Derzki corvettes.

    And now we have this fanart that is supposed to have same or even smaller range and endurance than Steregushy. WTF???

    And they have the balls to claim that it will cost little more than Buyan. Horseshit!!!

    This has ''SCAM'' written all over it.

    VLS systems alone will cost as much as Buyan and then you need to add price of hull itself + radars + sonars + torpedoes + helicopter infrastructure + CIWS. At least.

    All for ship that will not be leaving coastal AA and anti-ship coverage 90% of the time. With that attitude it is cheaper to just bolt some sonars on Karakurts and call it a day.

    They have plenty of corvette types in production. They need to move on to building stuff they actually need.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Naval Shipbuilding Industry: News

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:13 am