Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+45
franco
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Acheron
Cyrus the great
max steel
KoTeMoRe
OminousSpudd
Pinto
NationalRus
mutantsushi
GunshipDemocracy
Werewolf
macedonian
George1
Zivo
ahmedfire
Kyo
AttilaA
TheArmenian
iraqidabab
gaurav
flamming_python
sheytanelkebir
magnumcromagnon
Cyberspec
Hannibal Barca
mack8
collegeboy16
AlfaT8
sepheronx
TR1
Viktor
medo
Austin
SOC
GarryB
Russian Patriot
Pervius
crod
Admin
IronsightSniper
SerbNationalist
nightcrawler
lulldapull
Stealthflanker
49 posters

Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

Austin

Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal - Page 7 Empty Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

Post  Austin Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Well Thanks to Rupee fall , Our per capita has reduced from ~ USD 1500 to $1085

Per capita income at current prices is estimated at Rs 67,839 in 2012-13 as against Rs 61,855 in the previous year, a growth of 9.7 per cent as against an increase of 14.5 per cent during the previous year.

http://businesstoday.intoday.in/story/govt-revises-2012-13-growth-downwards-to-4.5percent/1/202882.html

Per capita is also reduced to ~ $1085 compared to USD 1500
    Viktor
    Viktor

Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal - Page 7 Empty Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

Post  Viktor Fri May 09, 2014 10:40 am

Great  thumbsup 

It seems that Russia sold entire satellite constellation to Iran and many other things like training their cosmonauts etc

Russia to train Iranian cosmonauts, build recon sats – report

Iranians plan to build domestic communication stations capable of receiving information from the Russian constellation of satellites.

“Russia has assured the Iranian side that there is no insurmountable obstacle to the delivery of receiver stations to get satellite information from the Russian earth observation satellites to communication centers located in foreign nations,” the protocol reportedly says.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:35 am

It may be that nothing will come of this either, but one can hope (even if i truly loath the incredibly retarded mullahs over there).

In response to the U.S. sanctions, Russia may sell Iran S-300
    http://vpk.name/news/113847_v_otvet_na_sankcii_ssha_rossiya_mozhet_prodat_iranu_s300.html
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:52 am

mack8 wrote:It may be that nothing will come of this either, but one can hope (even if i truly loath the incredibly retarded mullahs over there).

http://vpk.name/news/113847_v_otvet_na_sankcii_ssha_rossiya_mozhet_prodat_iranu_s300.html
    Wishful thinking, i just don't see Russia having what it takes to do that.  No 
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:34 am

AlfaT8 wrote:
    mack8 wrote:It may be that nothing will come of this either, but one can hope (even if i truly loath the incredibly retarded mullahs over there).

S-300 is going out of production, they may get instead  S-350E Vityaz and or S-400, don't forget they put sanctions on Rosneft which means Rosneft has not reasons to not conduct wide scale oil and gas exploration, extraction, and transportation with Iran (an oil barter deal perhaps). Remember the reason not to fulfill the Iranian S-300 deal was because of neo-liberal frauds like Medvedev and also avoiding sanctions, despite not fulfilling the contracts (and losing revenue in the process) Russia is being attacked by sanctions anyway, making a neo-liberal fraud like Medvedev a candidate for tar-and-feathering!
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:57 am

Baghdad (AFP) - Iraq's defence minister flew to Moscow on Wednesday to ask his counterpart for military equipment, as his forces struggle to hold off a jihadist-led Sunni militant offensive, a spokesman said.

"Defence Minister Saadun al-Dulaimi left Baghdad for Moscow," Staff Lieutenant General Mohammed al-Askari told AFP.

He said the minister was carrying a letter from Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to Russian President Vladimir Putin "explaining the security and political situation in Iraq and the need to strengthen military cooperation".

"Dulaimi will meet the Russian defence minister and other officials to urge them to provide Iraq with weapons, equipment and modern military aircraft," Askari said.

Despite the billions of dollars spent on training and equipment by the United States during its eight-year occupation, Iraq's million-strong army completely folded when insurgents attacked last month.

Within days, the Islamic State jihadist group and allied Sunni factions conquered Iraq's second city of Mosul and large swathes of the north and west.

The front lines have since stabilised and Baghdad has already received intelligence assistance from Washington and Sukhoi warplanes from Russia and Iran.

Shiite militias with ties to Tehran have also joined the armed forces on the battlefield, in some cases even taking the lead.

But Baghdad has yet to claim a significant victory over the jihadists and the government has complained that its pleas for foreign help were going unheeded.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:30 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:

S-300 is going out of production, they may get instead  S-350E Vityaz and or S-400, don't forget they put sanctions on Rosneft which means Rosneft has not reasons to not conduct wide scale oil and gas exploration, extraction, and transportation with Iran (an oil barter deal perhaps). Remember the reason not to fulfill the Iranian S-300 deal was because of neo-liberal frauds like Medvedev and also avoiding sanctions, despite not fulfilling the contracts (and losing revenue in the process) Russia is being attacked by sanctions anyway, making a neo-liberal fraud like Medvedev a candidate for tar-and-feathering!

S-300 is NOT going out of production. Thing is that S-300Favorit wont be produced for Russian AD (S-300V4 on the other hand will) but instead will get S-400. Thats the difference.

S-300PMU2 is still produced for export and will as long as there are orders or export version of S-400 enters production.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Viktor wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:

S-300 is NOT going out of production. Thing is that S-300Favorit wont be produced for Russian AD (S-300V4 on the other hand will) but instead will get S-400. Thats the difference.

S-300PMU2 is still produced for export and will as long as there are orders or export version of S-400 enters production.

As I know production of S-300PMU2 stopped few years ago, when the last unit for China was build and than production line went for S-400 production.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:48 pm

medo wrote:As I know production of S-300PMU2 stopped few years ago, when the last unit for China was build and than production line went for S-400 production.

It stopped only for Russian army, not others. Check Azerbaijan or Turkey where it was marketed until it lost recently etc
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:33 pm

The PMU2 systems that went for Azerbaijan were the last units produced. Those were originally intended to go to Iran.

Russia is no longer offering S-300 for export. Only the S-300V model (which is a completely different system) is offered.

On the other hand, export models of the S-400 are being promoted currently, so there is no need to push for S-300 PMU2 anymore.
    For all intents and purposes, S-300 production has ceased. It can be restarted of course, but there is no need.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Where have you read that? I could have missed it but I have not read anything like that.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:53 pm

No need for sources Viktor,

Iran and Azerbaijan are our neighbors. We just know too well about the PMU2 deal with Azerbaijan and its origins.

Currently there are no new S-300 orders from any customer (no domestic and no export). So, do you think there is any fresh production for that system?

Russia has switched to the S-400 and the potential customers (China, Belarus and Kazakhstan) are negotiating for the export version of the S-400.

As you know, the S-300V is now in production for the Russian Army to fulfill the orders. The export version is offered to customers (including Iran).

Soon the S-350 will go on the production line (both domestic and export versions).

Potent as it is, the S-300 should from now on be considered as yesterday's air defense system.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:16 pm

TheArmenian wrote:No need for sources Viktor,

Iran and Azerbaijan are our neighbors. We just know too well about the PMU2 deal with Azerbaijan and its origins.

I believe you but Im asking because I have not read it anywhere.

TheArmenian wrote:Currently there are no new S-300 orders from any customer (no domestic and no export). So, do you think there is any fresh production for that system?

Yes there are, from Iran and I hope Russia will fulfill the order.  Very Happy

TheArmenian wrote:Russia has switched to the S-400 and the potential customers (China, Belarus and Kazakhstan) are negotiating for the export version of the S-400.

I know.

TheArmenian wrote:As you know, the S-300V is now in production for the Russian Army to fulfill the orders. The export version is offered to customers (including Iran).

Soon the S-350 will go on the production line (both domestic and export versions).

Potent as it is, the S-300 should from now on be considered as yesterday's air defense system.

I agree. I hope Russia will manage to do something smart with about 50 odd S-300 systems now being retired from the inventory.
    AttilaA

Post  AttilaA Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 pm

According to the information available, Iran had ordered the PMU1 and not PMU2.

Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:27 pm

AttilaA wrote:According to the information available, Iran had ordered the PMU1 and not PMU2.

Doesnt matter as TheArmenian and medo where arguing that S-300PMU (whatever) is no longer at production. Only I think it still is.
    AttilaA

Post  AttilaA Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:29 pm

Viktor wrote:Doesnt matter as TheArmenian and medo where arguing that S-300PMU (whatever) is no longer at production. Only I think it still is.

What TheArmenian said with regards to "PMU2s intended for Iran went to Azerbaijan" is certainly not true because Iran never ordered the said version.
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:13 am

If the deal was to go ahead and the Iranians got the system, is it now obsolete or will still perform as they would hope to use it? Can it stop Israeli jets?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Compare with what they currently have it is still very capable.

Needless to say there probably would not have been any western no fly zone over Iraq or Libya at any stage if either country had S-300 operational.

Obviously, if poorly used it could be dealt with and if it was not in service in sufficient numbers it could also be overwhelmed and taken apart, but Iran having S-300s in service would greatly diminish the threat from the US and Israel.... which is what they want.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:18 am

5 year oil for goods deal  thumbsup 

Russia and Iran reached an agreement for the supply of Iranian oil Texto completo en: http://actualidad.rt.com/economia/view/136113-rusia-iran-petroleo-cooperacion
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:13 pm

do you think Russia will supply AD systems under this deal? Israel will do their nut...
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:47 pm

crod wrote:do you think Russia will supply AD systems under this deal? Israel will do their nut...

Well I hope that beside S-300, Russia will supply few hundered of Su-30MKI too and many more other interesting weapon systems.

mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:30 pm

Well, if only the hoax news from half a decade ago will become true, imagine Iran (even if i hate the mullahs to guts) getting 250 Su-30MKI and 20 Il-78, there will be massive heart attacks and commotion in Washington and Tel Aviv, and especially Riyadh! Very Happy 

Maybe such a high number of one type is not feasible, but splitting  say a 10 year order of 250 aircraft to rebuilt the IRIAF into say 100 MiG-35, 75 Su-35 and 75 Su-34 is not that far fetched. Iran COULD become the next China or India for the russian defence industry, there are TENS OF BILLIONS in potential orders that could be made. To hell with the US, their cronies and the israelis!

Btw, i read news that the israelis stopped cooperating with Russia in the UAV field, they were selling Russia some (not very important anyway) stuff, what best way to "repay" them  than sending a few hundred  late model Sukhois and MiGs and a few tens of batallions of S-300s and the like to Iran, Syria, Iraq, Egypt and so on?
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:06 am

Viktor wrote:
    crod wrote:do you think Russia will supply AD systems under this deal? Israel will do their nut...

Well I hope that beside S-300, Russia will supply few  hundered of Su-30MKI too and many more other interesting weapon systems.

My thanks Victor.

Pardon my ignorance on this issue, how long does it take to make the crews competent in such systems (S-300)? Israel has threatened in the past to strike these systems as they arrive is there anything in that or just bluff?

On a different issue, are the Iranians looking to purchase anything from the SU family, I thought they were pressing ahead with their own indigenous programmes or was this stance born out of sanctions? Why has Russia never offered them before, I assume Russia are turning the screws in their sphere in reaction to the MH17 sanctions? How well can they expect to perform against the F-16s and depending on delivery, F-35s? It is all hypothetical at this point but I'm scenario curious...

Last edited by crod on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added query)
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:03 pm

crod wrote:My thanks Victor.

Pardon my ignorance on this issue, how long does it take to make the crews competent in such systems (S-300)? Israel has threatened in the past to strike these systems as they arrive is there anything in that or just bluff?

Israel has done exactly that to Syria and Iraq in the past but now Iran is much more difficult as its further away and Israel planes would have to past Iraq or Turkey or SA to get to

Iran depending on the route chosen but in any case the biggest probelm with Iran is Syria Very Happy. As you are aware Iran and Syria had singed defense pact and the moment Israel starts

ammasing fighters in the air in the preparations for an attack on Iran, Syrian radar troops will that info pass on to Iran giving them more than enough time to prepare for Israelies

as best as they can. Now I dont believe that Iran has S-300 but nevertheless it has numerous older but modernized equipment and some of it is very good and can make a lots of damage

or even force Israel to alter or give up their goal.

As Im aware Russian PVO troops has 5 year specialized training in PVO academies but Im not really sure whats the exact situation with the PVO troops of foreign buyers. I think they

need to pass on Almaz-Antey training lasting whatever customer chooses to pay and some of them are accepted in the Russian PVO academies

crod wrote:On a different issue, are the Iranians looking to purchase anything from the SU family, I thought they were pressing ahead with their own indigenous programmes or was this stance born out of sanctions? Why has Russia never offered them before, I assume Russia are turning the screws in their sphere in reaction to the MH17 sanctions? How well can they expect to perform against the F-16s and depending on delivery, F-35s? It is all hypothetical at this point but I'm scenario curious...

Im not aware of any Iranian moves toward acquisition of Su family and that rather mind dazzling. Im sure the future will be brighter. Anyway I would not count to much hope in

Iranian production although their big advantage might be that fighting over their theritory those planes will have muuuuch more fuel to spend in duels.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Russia and Iran have signed a few economic deals recently and have clearly become closer partners.

The Potential for sales of sophisticated aircraft is interesting... I would suspect... based on the little I know about Iran... that any Flanker deal might involve local production of perhaps airframes and some parts.

Perhaps Sukhoi and Iran might get together and develop a new Flanker that perhaps is a mix of the fighter and the strike aircraft (Su-35/Su-34) but also adds interceptor performance (MiG-31) to the mix...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 am