Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Su-35S: News

ahmedfire
    Captain
    Captain

Re: Su-35S: News

Post  ahmedfire on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:16 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    NickM wrote:The radar power equation is proportional to 1/range^4 and only linearly proportional to RCS. However at very low RCS it becomes difficult to distinguish a signature from noise.

Nick,

Ask someone that has some free time to explain to you why the above assertion of yours proves that you don't even have an elementary school understanding of anything.

Forget about radars, RCS, airplanes, ...; everything you said about them was gibberish; just "think" about this basic fact that an equation is never proportional to anything, never.

lol! lol! lol!  lol!  lol!
    Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

NickM
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  NickM on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Nick,

Ask someone that has some free time to explain to you why the above assertion of yours proves that you don't even have an elementary school understanding of anything.

Oh Yes! I forgot. Isn't this your usual alibi...? "I don't have time."

For some reasons best known to you, you presume that the only employed person in this planet is you.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:24 pm

NickM wrote:

Nick,

Oh Yes! I forgot. Isn't this your usual alibi...? "I don't have time."

For some reasons best known to you, you presume that the only employed person in this planet is you.

Well, with your common reasoning you must be employed as a boarder guard or at an immigration office.

NickM
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  NickM on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:46 pm

higurashihougi wrote:The reason why Russia put the L-band radar on its wings is because the nose of a fighter aircraft is small and you cannot put on that nose a big radar for utlizing L-band or lower wavelength ones to strip off the stealth cloak.

Why do you need L-band radars to be large in the first place? L -Band radar permits good long range search performance with modestly sized antennas.L-band offers an additional economy, as a single L-band design can combine conventional primary radar functions with secondary IFF/SSR functions, thus saving considerable antenna and transmitter/receiver hardware weight, cooling and volume.

Werewolf wrote:Well, with your common reasoning you must be employed as a boarder guard or at an immigration office.

Says a man without a job.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:26 am

I am a student and i do have a job.

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:22 am

NickM wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:The reason why Russia put the L-band radar on its wings is because the nose of a fighter aircraft is small and you cannot put on that nose a big radar for utlizing L-band or lower wavelength ones to strip off the stealth cloak.

Why do you need L-band radars to be large in the first place? L -Band radar permits good long range search performance with modestly sized antennas.L-band offers an additional economy, as a single L-band design can combine conventional primary radar functions with secondary IFF/SSR functions, thus saving considerable antenna and transmitter/receiver hardware weight, cooling and volume.

I think you know full well that radar resolution decrease with the longer wavelength and increase with the antenna size. Without a sufficiently big radar you cannot provide enough resolution for long wavelength like L-band, VHF, or lower.

The nose-mounted radar cannot be very big (biggest one is MiG-25/31's with 1,4 metre diameter). But the 10 metre wing radar of T-50 is enough to use L-band to strip off the sextoy cloak of F-22.

Meanwhile the ground radars have a lot of space to be big. 10 metre, 20 metre, or more. More than enough to use L-band or VHF. Even radars of the old man SAM-2, SAM-3 had already use L-band to track the aerial target. Even in Vietnam, 150 MHz radar is not something rare.

In short, you beloved F-22 is just a sextoy. Its only function is make the fanboy reach climax.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:41 am

That is the difference between a datalink and a radar.... a datalink can be relatively small because it is not directional and doesn't care where the signal comes from.

A radar on the other hand uses the signal it emits to find the location of the target.

L band radar will detect stealth fighters at max range, while the powerful nose mounted x band radar will detect it at reduced ranges.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

ahmedfire
    Captain
    Captain

Post  ahmedfire on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:59 am

I read somewhere that F-22 has around 30 antenna smoothly blended into the wings and fuselage ,anyone knows about that ?

Stealthflanker
    Major
    Major

Post  Stealthflanker on Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:54 pm

ahmedfire wrote:I read somewhere that F-22 has around 30 antenna smoothly blended into the wings and fuselage ,anyone knows about that ?

That's various antenna, i guess most of them are part of ALR-94 RHAWS.

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  medo on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:55 pm

Don't forget, that MiG-31 also have L-band elements in its Zaslon radar and were used in combination with AA-6 AAMs. As I know MiG-31BM keep them in its Zaslon-AM radar, although MiG-31BM doesn't use AA-6 anymore. Su-35 and PAK-FA will also be equipped with L-band AESA complex, so I think this L-band complex will be connected with new long range AAM RVV-BD as all those fighters are meant to use long range AAMs with ~300 km range. Majority of self defense jammers are for X-band, not for L-band, so those new missiles will have better capabilities in heavy ECM environment comparing to X-band ARH AAMs and better capabilities to engage stealth planes.

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  medo on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:57 pm

Cool picture of new Su-35 fighters in new colors. For me they look better in this colors than in dark gray.

mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  mack8 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:03 pm

Great find Medo, few more pics here on RP.net:
    http://russianplanes.net/st/Sukhoi/Su-35S

Apparently 7 borts passing through Perm. Wonder where are they going.
    PS: think i found it, they are going to Lipetsk and will be part of the parade, also Su-30SM will take part.

Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cyberspec on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:33 pm

medo wrote:Cool picture of new Su-35 fighters in new colors. For me they look better in this colors than in dark gray.

Much better IMO as well

Ivan the Colorado
    Captain
    Captain

Post  Ivan the Colorado on Tue May 12, 2015 12:27 am

Su-35S live firing R-73 missiles.

Last edited by Ivan the Colorado on Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link)

eridan
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  eridan on Sat May 16, 2015 7:58 am

Is there going to be a pause in su-35 procurement for ruaf? We're some 6-7 months away from the original order of 48 planes being fulfilled. So far no new contract has been published. Since one needs to secure long lead items for production, some taking 18 months before the airframe is contracted, it seems plausible to me that either A) there's already been a new contract signed but it was made secret
    or B) contract has not been signed and some additional batch of su-35, even if the contract is signed tomorrow, is not due to be handed over to ruaf before end of 2017.

If true, it also might signal a preplanned action, where knaaz has its production facility reserved for foreign buyer during a period where ruaf pauses in its procurement. It'd also require a full contract signed in secrecy already.

But in that case ruaf would find itself in a position where it chooses to produce more su35 perhaps up to 2020, and have pak-fa being produced in numbers alongside it.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri May 29, 2015 1:15 am

Su-35S with KAB-1500L

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:14 pm

Russia to Unveil New Su-35 Fighter Engine at Paris Air Show

Rostec will demonstrate an engine for its famous Sukhoi Su-35 at Le Bourget, the company said on Monday.

LE BOURGET (Sputnik) — Russia's state technology corporation Rostec will showcase an engine for its famous Sukhoi Su-35 (Flanker-E) at the world’s oldest air show in France, the company said on Monday.

Some 37 Russian organizations are expected to be among 2,000 participants from 46 countries at the week-long 51st Paris Air Show at Le Bourget Airport kicking off on Monday.

"We expect the professional community to devote a lot of attention to the AL-41F1S (Izdeliye 117S) engines installed on Russia’s multifunctional Su-35 fighter aircraft," a corporate representative told RIA Novosti.

The new engines, it was explained, are intended to serve as transitional engines for fifth-generation jet fighters and will be manufactured by a Rostec subsidiary, the United Engine Corporation (ODK).

The Paris Air Show will feature a 1-3 scale mockup of the bypass turbofan engine with a thrust-vector-controlled afterburner designed for Su-35/35S jets.

The Su-35 fighter was first introduced to a foreign audience at the Paris Air Show in 2013 as a heavily upgraded derivative of the Su-27 multirole fighter touted as "4++ generation."

The 4++ designation signifies that the Su-35's combined characteristics, with the exception of stealth capabilities and active electronically scanned array (AESA) radars, bridge it closer to the fifth generation fighter.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150615/1023377036.html#ixzz3d8jzAw4C

Ivan the Colorado
    Captain
    Captain

Post  Ivan the Colorado on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Will the Russian VVS purchase more Su-35S's in the future? I heard whispers that they were.

Dorfmeister
    Private
    Private

Post  Dorfmeister on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:49 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote:Will the Russian VVS purchase more Su-35S's in the future? I heard whispers that they were.

They're coming close to the end of the first contract. Aready 34 planes delivred on 48 ordered: so it would make sense if they went for 48 more planes soon.

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  medo on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Maybe they already prepared new contracts and reserve production lines, only wait to be officially signed at MAKS aeroshow.

Svyatoslavich
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  Svyatoslavich on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:50 am

Something I noticed now looking at Su-35 pictures, is that its canopy seem to be less transparent than previous versions (Su-27, Su-30SM). Does it have a RAM coating?

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:37 am

Svyatoslavich wrote:Something I noticed now looking at Su-35 pictures, is that its canopy seem to be less transparent than previous versions (Su-27, Su-30SM). Does it have a RAM coating?

apparently Su-35's were built with some form of RAM to them, as Su-35's are apparently less visible on radar than the older Su-27's. How much applied and more details I do not know, sorry.

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  medo on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:51 am

True, Su-35 use RAM to have smaller RCS. There are rumors Su-35 have 1 m2 RCS or even less.

collegeboy16
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  collegeboy16 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:29 am

Svyatoslavich wrote:Something I noticed now looking at Su-35 pictures, is that its canopy seem to be less transparent than previous versions (Su-27, Su-30SM). Does it have a RAM coating?
    is the presence of a somewhat golden tint the reason for it being less transparent? if so then the cause is the gold tint. afaik very, very thin layer of gold is applied to the canopy to absorb radiowaves and transform them into small amount of heat.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:52 pm

Often a gold coating will be applied to cockpit canopies to trap radar waves and convert them into heat.

This dramatically reduces radar signature because it reduces the radar return from objects inside the cockpit... the radar wave is reduced going in and coming out...

It slightly reduces visibility, but it is generally worth it.

You can also run an electric current through it to de ice and demist the canopy...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:27 pm

Current date/time is Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:27 pm