Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Project 2038.0: Steregushchy Corvette

walle83
    Private
    Private

Re: Project 2038.0: Steregushchy Corvette

Post  walle83 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Isos wrote:
    Against China, there are more and more comparison with china these days, it will act very good as china is not a blue navy at all and the SNA would just destroy all the pseudo-frigate destroyer that china has. The  of their ship is really bad. 20 years ago they made 0 ship and now they build 40 per years. It's impossible they have good quality ships, the fact they make lot of them proves that they are chosing quantity over quality. The recent Attack on US ship with chinese missiles shows how it's easy to jamm them.

How do you know that the quality of the Chines warships is bad? China has done a relly great job expanding their navy the last 10-15 years. I would say that in every way the chines has succeded. Thier building rate is almost in soviet 1980s numbers and they are making huge progress in AGEIS technology and engines. In the last decade they have commissioned over 10 destroyers, 20 frigates, 40 corvettes and have also started construct heavy aircraft carriers and missilecruisers.

If I were in the Russian Pacific Navy I would be worried.
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:13 pm

Isos wrote:Russian ships are very good but they can't buy lot of them immediatly. Yassen, grigorovitch, gorshkov, impro kilo ... Very good but they have like one or two them that won't be decisive in a battle against NATO, that's why they are focusing on nulear weapons.

Russian navy is well trained and very good as a power, not superpower. Most navy's on the world won't attack them. But if you are comparing it with NATO yes it's a crap navy even French, german, UK, US navies are crap if you compare them with NATO. It's the richest countries with the best technlogy in one entity. You can't do anything against that. So having 1 gorshkov, 1 yassen and lot of older but still capable ship is more than enough for a one vs one comparison.

Against China, there are more and more comparison with china these days, it will act very good as china is not a blue navy at all and the SNA would just destroy all the pseudo-frigate destroyer that china has. The quality of their ship is really bad. 20 years ago they made 0 ship and now they build 40 per years. It's impossible they have good quality ships, the fact they make lot of them proves that they are chosing quantity over quality. The recent Attack on US ship with chinese missiles shows how it's easy to jamm them.

The same way a west navy like UK's won't be able to do anything against an alliance Russia-China. their destroyer don't even have anti ship missiles... So Russian navy is very good.

Like I said the shipyards are not bad. They achieve to produce any ship at time. The problems are integration of system and now they have issues with engines. They can produce easily 10 gorshkov in 2 years but it would be stupid as they don't have new engine and till recently they had issues with the anti air system.

Back to the topic, Steregoushy corvettes are very good for closed sea. Their paket-NK would be usefull in the black sea and near the cost in pacific to intercept (with the recent kilos) diesel subs and protect naval formations.

And "nuclear weapons" are going to be decisive? What are you smoking? From where are you all "nuclear weapons" freaks appearing...

Chinese navy is not blue water navy? Then what Russian navy is, swamp navy?

Chinese ships are of bad quality? Based on what did you determine that exactly? Actually from what we know only ships China has issues with keeping operational are of Soviet-Russian origin... mighty quality.

10 Gorshkovs in 2 years? Not even South Korea would manage that lol
    KomissarBojanchev
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:46 pm

Wasn't the sovershenny batch supposed to already have UKSK VLS instead of the obsolescent uran?
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:24 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:Wasn't the sovershenny batch supposed to already have UKSK VLS instead of the obsolescent uran?

No the 20385 (Gremyashchiy-class) will have UKSK VLS

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:27 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Well about time dam.

The pacific fleet should be getting the next five if I understand right after that this class won't be produced anymore.

Gromkiy, Aldar Tsydenzhapov and Rezkiy will join Pacific fleet

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2405593.html

so there are 2 remain for other fleet, Retiviy and Strogiy

Big_Gazza
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Big_Gazza on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:07 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:Wasn't the sovershenny batch supposed to already have UKSK VLS instead of the obsolescent uran?

What exactly is obsolete about Uran? Care to back up your claim with some well reasoned arguments?

No?.... didn't think so....
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:21 am

Big_Gazza wrote:

What exactly is obsolete about Uran?  Care to back up your claim with some well reasoned arguments?

No?....  didn't think so....

You are all calling Harpoon obsolete because its subsonic without terminal boosters... now somehow Uran is top-notch on other hand Smile? Reality check son. lol1
    Isos
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Isos on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:42 am

Militarov wrote:

And "nuclear weapons" are going to be decisive? What are you smoking? From where are you all "nuclear weapons" freaks appearing...

Chinese ships are of bad quality? Based on what did you determine that exactly? Actually from what we know only ships China has issues with keeping operational are of Soviet-Russian origin... mighty quality.

As the tensions grows , they are investing in developpement of nuclear forces (Borei, Bulava ...). Maybe I should have said nuclear forces instead of nuclear weapons. I was thinking about the dissuasion instead of weapons like Nuclear torpedo and tacticle missiles. I never said they are decisive, I said that having on gorshkov and one Yassen more won't be decisive against all the ship of the US navy and other Nato forces in a battle. That's why they build Borey's instead of Yassens first.

Is china able to fight in the Atantic ? No. Their nuclear subs are outclassed and outnumbered by US, Fr and UK's subs. Their carriers aren't ready. And they have less experience compared to Ru or Nato. Russia at least knows its weakness and don't pretend to rule a sea by itself. Chinese ships would just go down once they achieve (if they achieve) to go in the middle of Pacific or Atlantic (A blue navy is meant to fight there without any support).
    F-18 and rafales could lunch all day exocets and harpoons at them at safe distances.

Even if their ships work that doesn't meant they are dangerous. I have no proof they are bad quality but neither you have proof they are good. Knowing that western countries leads in science technology today, I can assume their ships have a better quality. Moreover they deploy them all the year around the world, not the case of China.

Sovrommenys are known to have issue but they are still upgrading them. If they managed to build tens of destroyers and frigates in 10 years, why not add 4 more to replace them ?

That was irony. I wanted to say that they could just build Gorshkovs in all their shipyards and recruit many poeple to build them like they did during USSR. That would be just an arm race again and they would bankrupt again and the situation today doesn't recquire to do so.
    KomissarBojanchev
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:54 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:

What exactly is obsolete about Uran?  Care to back up your claim with some well reasoned arguments?

Compared to the Kalibr and onyx it certainly is obsolete.
    If they could install UKSK on the Buyans, why not on the modernized stereguschy?
    KomissarBojanchev
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:05 pm

Isos wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Even if their ships work that doesn't meant they are dangerous. I have no proof they are bad quality but neither you have proof they are good. Knowing that western countries leads in science technology today, I can assume their ships have a better quality. Moreover they deploy them all the year around the world, not the case of China.

This is "Russia is 20 years behind cause I say so"-tier reasoning. Give me proof that chinese ships wouldn't be able to defend against western attacks. You say that F-18s and rafales can lob AShMs all day. Well they can this to the Russian navy, its not specifically a chinese problem. Also give me proof that the standard YJ-83 AShMs on Chinese frigates and DDGs are inferior to western missiles. From what I see the Chinese navy would currently dominate in the South China sea. It is an excellent green water navy. They never claimed to be blue water.
    KomissarBojanchev
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:06 pm

George1 wrote:

No the 20385 (Gremyashchiy-class) will have UKSK VLS
    Sorry. I mistook them for being the same thing as upgraded stereguschiys. Will the Gremyaschiys ever be completed?
    Isos
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Isos on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:49 pm

This is "Russia is 20 years behind cause I say so"-tier reasoning. Give me proof that chinese ships wouldn't be able to defend against western attacks. You say that F-18s and rafales can lob AShMs all day. Well they can this to the Russian navy, its not specifically a chinese problem. Also give me proof that the standard YJ-83 AShMs on Chinese frigates and DDGs are inferior to western missiles. From what I see the Chinese navy would currently dominate in the South China sea. It is an excellent green water navy. They never claimed to be blue water.

I answered to Militarov about the chinese capabilities as a blue navy. They of course can do it to Russian ships in the middle of the sea but russia operates its navy with ground air defense network and near its shores and bases like in Syria. Like I said I have no proof but you can't neither prove me that it's a good missile and that it will be able to go through aegis and european anti air systems and jamming.

I don't know where you come from but ask your military to chose between Chinese and western ships and they will tell you which one is better.

This is not "Russia is 20 years behind cause I say so"-tier reasoning, they are building cheaper armement in large numbers because they know their quality is outclassed by western. AEGIS is 30 years old, china copied it 10 years ago. F-22 is 30 years ago, Mig-1.44 was design 10 years after and chinese J-20 was designed 5 years ago with the help of Mig 1.44 research probably sold to them.

They would litterarly be destroyed in the South china sea. What are they going to do against Virginia class, sea wolf, japanese subs, Aircraft carriers, F-22... They have less AWACS than US has just on its carriers, not counting the bases around. Their airforce is weak,most of the Aircraft are obsolate, they have no new bombers... You just don't want to see the reality, US fears just their nuclear power. If it wasn't a nuclear power they would have destroyed them long ago and "liberated the country" by placing someone with who they would resume commercial trades.
    Big_Gazza
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Big_Gazza on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Militarov wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:

You are all calling Harpoon obsolete because its subsonic without terminal boosters... now somehow Uran is top-notch on other hand Smile? Reality check son. lol1

I don't beleive I ever called Harpoon obselete.  its still an effective missile against small-medium combatants even if its single-shot kill probability is probably low against a competent CIWS.  Uran is Harpoon class, and its a lot smaller than Kalibre/Onix, and cheaper both in terms ordnance cost and shipboard installation/space requirements.  For a 2000T corvette destined to serve in the Baltic, its not a bad choice.  I'd like to see future Steregushchys upgraded with UKSK, especially for Northern and Pacific fleets, but that doesn't mean Uran is obselete.  

P.S what is this "son" bullshit?  I don't I've ever disrespected you in any posting, so pls explain...
    Isos
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Isos on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:22 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:

I don't beleive I ever called Harpoon obselete.  its still an effective missile against small-medium combatants even if its single-shot kill probability is probably low against a competent CIWS.  Uran is Harpoon class, and its a lot smaller than Kalibre/Onix, and cheaper both in terms ordnance cost and shipboard installation/space requirements.  For a 2000T corvette destined to serve in the Baltic, its not a bad choice.  I'd like to see future Steregushchys upgraded with UKSK, especially for Northern and Pacific fleets, but that doesn't mean Uran is obselete.  

P.S what is this "son" bullshit?  I don't I've ever disrespected you in any posting, so pls explain...

According to wikipedia, there is a variant with 16 Uran for the export. That would give them nice power-up.
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:00 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:

"You are all calling Harpoon obsolete", there are literally 10 pages on this forum written about how Harpoon sucks. Then someone comes and says how Uran is great, and everyone starts nodding like on command, its called double fkn standards. You know.. same double standards everyone here talks about when they mention other military forums, Mess, ARmored Warfare and whatnot.

Double, standards, i am just pointing that out.

P.S. I was not insulting in any way, its a buzzword.
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

20385 was supposed to replace 20380

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:32 pm

hoom wrote:Didn't stop them with 20385 -> 20386 dunno

How come?

20385 was supposed to replace 20380 but project was not up to specs. There are unlikely to be more after first two.

20386 will be replacing both.

Models of vessels will change over time but target number for every class (corvette, frigate, etc...) will stay the same.
    SeigSoloyvov
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:33 pm

Harpoon isn't the same missile when it came out...it has been updated through it's life. It's a capable missile.
    KomissarBojanchev
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Once again, where are the Gremyaschiys? Its been 5 years since the first one was laid down. Any info on their progress?
    SeigSoloyvov
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:40 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:Once again, where are the Gremyaschiys? Its been 5 years since the first one was laid down. Any info on their progress?

Last I heard the first should be floated out this year and commissioned the next.

The second 2019.

Since the whole engine cancelling thing these ships have hit hard times.

Granted their build time is nothing new for the Russian Navy fairly standard so far. Both should be going to the NF
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:53 am

"You are all calling Harpoon obsolete",

Considering it is the best anti ship missile the US Navy has and that navy is fucking perfect and has 10 super carrier groups and that does not include Marine carriers... it is pretty mediocre... but not actually obsolete.

Ironic because it is western fanboys that think something is either perfect or obsolete.

Look at the Su-33... good enough for the job... for which it gets criticism...

Then someone comes and says how Uran is great, and everyone starts nodding like on command, its called double fkn standards.

Then someone comes and says the Uran is good enough for that class of patrol ship... and then you go ballistic...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:33 am

GarryB wrote:
    "You are all calling Harpoon obsolete",

Considering it is the best anti ship missile the US Navy has and that navy is fucking perfect and has 10 super carrier groups and that does not include Marine carriers... it is pretty mediocre... but not actually obsolete.

Ironic because it is western fanboys that think something is either perfect or obsolete.

Look at the Su-33... good enough for the job... for which it gets criticism...

Then someone comes and says how Uran is great, and everyone starts nodding like on command, its called double fkn standards.

Then someone comes and says the Uran is good enough for that class of patrol ship... and then you go ballistic...

I dont find Harpoon or Uran "obsolete"... rather... mediocre, lets use that word as you put it.

I just find it amusing from the point of double standards, when there was topic on Belgian navy (i think) everyone was saying how "Meh, Harpoons on XXXXX ship, it sucks". I just dont like that, thats all.

Well today SM-6 can be used to strike surface combatants too if required so its not really only anti-ship missile they have, only dedicated one, yes.

I am not fan of Su-33 and you know that.
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:13 am

I dont find Harpoon or Uran "obsolete"... rather... mediocre, lets use that word as you put it.

Fitted to border patrol vessels it is expensive overkill.

Fitted to a light corvette or light frigate then it is fine.

Primary anti ship weapon for the navy and it is mediocre and inadequate.

I just find it amusing from the point of double standards, when there was topic on Belgian navy (i think) everyone was saying how "Meh, Harpoons on XXXXX ship, it sucks". I just dont like that, thats all.

Perhaps they think a super douper NATO navy that can beat the Russians with one hand tied behind their back might be armed with a better weapon than such an ancient system that today relies on swarm attacks for any defended target.

The normal compliment of 8 or so Harpoons does not make the ships capability that impressive.

Well today SM-6 can be used to strike surface combatants too if required so its not really only anti-ship missile they have, only dedicated one, yes.

Which suggests the obvious question... why bother with harpoon when they can use vastly more capable SAMs for the role...

I am not fan of Su-33 and you know that.

Of course, but you don't need to be.

The Su-33 was an Su-27 with folding bits and a tail hook... which made it very potent when it first sailed... there was not very much that was better in the air to air role at that time.

The F-14D had long range missiles but with little capability against fighter targets... it was for bombers.

The Flanker is faster and much longer ranged than any model Harrier...

It has not been continuously upgraded and currently is a fighter only, but then that is what they want from it.

Complaining it cannot engage ground targets like a Rafale or F-18 is like complaining an F-15C has no air to ground capability.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    hoom
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  hoom on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:41 pm

They haven't even launched the first 20385 yet but have already done essentially a complete redesign & started construction of the 20386.

There has been rumor of a 22355/22350M being expected as the main production version so why should we presume that there hasn't been significant redesign done for 22350?
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:50 pm

hoom wrote:They haven't even launched the first 20385 yet but have already done essentially a complete redesign & started construction of the 20386.

There has been rumor of a 22355/22350M being expected as the main production version so why should we presume that there hasn't been significant redesign done for 22350?

Because 20385 is dead end. They are  too far into construction to scrap them. Less wasteful to just finish them.

Also, 2010 rule.

There will be significant redesign of 22350. In a decade. Just like it took a decade (or more) with 20380.
    SeigSoloyvov
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:16 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    hoom wrote:They haven't even launched the first 20385 yet but have already done essentially a complete redesign & started construction of the 20386.

Because 20385 is dead end. They are  too far into construction to scrap them. Less wasteful to just finish them.

Also, 2010 rule.

There will be significant redesign of 22350. In a decade. Just like it took a decade (or more) with 20380.

Yeah that class was canned once Germany refused to deliver the engines I believe?.

The 20386 is the replacement to that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:22 pm