Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Sanctions as U.S. Foreign Policy tool

par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

Sanctions as U.S. Foreign Policy tool

Post  par far on Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:04 pm

What is the US planning in Azerbaijan with the sanctions? I thought Azerbaijan was friendly with the US, so why the sanctions?

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Sanctions as U.S. Foreign Policy tool

Post  kvs on Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:32 pm

par far wrote:What is the US planning in Azerbaijan with the sanctions? I thought Azerbaijan was friendly with the US, so why the sanctions?

This is a clear coercion attempt on the current regime.  The current regime was in Washington's pocket or so it seemed but
    has left the reservation.  The stellar intellects in Washington (and elsewhere) think they can pressure them back into
    conformity.  In reality, they can lose it all.

Cowboy's daughter
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cowboy's daughter on Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:46 pm

kvs wrote:
    par far wrote:What is the US planning in Azerbaijan with the sanctions? I thought Azerbaijan was friendly with the US, so why the sanctions?

This is a clear coercion attempt on the current regime.  The current regime was in Washington's pocket or so it seemed but
    has left the reservation.  The stellar intellects in Washington (and elsewhere) think they can pressure them back into
    conformity.  In reality, they can lose it all.

OMG, I wish the persons deciding to do this, (sanctions) had a brain cell working.

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:27 am

Sanctions is newest US weapon

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:32 am

Sanctions are one of their oldest and most favourite controls.

US and UK sanctions which pretty much amounted to a blockade of Japan in the late 1930s led to Japan first expanding north towards Siberian oil where they were stopped and Khakalin Gol by Zhukov, so they turned south to the Pacific starting the Pacific War of WWII.

Ironically now the attack on Pearl Harbour if it happened today would be described by the Bush family as pre-emptive self defence...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

US imposes sanctions on Iran.

Post  par far on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:09 pm

I don't know if these will stick, I don't think Russia and China, will follow these(the whole reason the Iran nuclear deal was made was because Russia and China told the US that they are going to start doing business with Iran and they don't care about the west's sanctions on Iran, this was done so a multi polar world would be born).

Iran has gotten back most of it's assets and countries are doing business with Iran, so what is this suppose to mean? This just hot air?

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2016/12/02/496129/Iran-US-Ali-Akbar-Salehi-sanctions-ISA

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:16 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:16 pm