Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

3 posters

Skills required for joining Almaz Antey

jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Skills required for joining Almaz Antey Empty Skills required for joining Almaz Antey

Post  jhelb Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:07 am

Guys,

Assuming I have to apply for a job with Almaz so that I get to work on designing S-400, Buk 3, Shtil 1 etc.

What kind of skills do applicants need in order to apply for such jobs? Any idea? Thanks.
    kvs
    kvs

Skills required for joining Almaz Antey Empty Re: Skills required for joining Almaz Antey

Post  kvs Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:08 pm

jhelb wrote:Guys,

Assuming I have to apply for a job with Almaz so that I get to work  on designing S-400, Buk 3, Shtil 1 etc.

What kind of skills do applicants need in order to apply for such jobs? Any idea? Thanks.

Have a degree in mechanical or chemical engineering with experience in related fields if you want
    design, or have experience in machine working (i.e. use of NC machines, and hands on parts production tools)
    if you want production. I think Almaz-Antey taps into specially trained technical institute graduates.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Skills required for joining Almaz Antey Empty Re: Skills required for joining Almaz Antey

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Where are you from? Russia gets plenty of new graduates of various institutes of technology - Almaz-Antey is an institution of utmost significance, I doubt they would accept a foreigner unless he's really special.

Designing AA systems takes both lots of experience and a great amount of knowledge. Institutions that deal with this kind of stuff do not generally take fresh graduates for such positions. They take people with ecperience, years of it.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:36 am

kvs wrote:Have a degree in mechanical or chemical engineering with experience in related fields if you want
    design

Thanks kvs. Seems I am screwed. My degree is in finance and not mechanical or chemical engineering. Though I have lots of experience in defense consulting and MRO.

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Where are you from? Russia gets plenty of new graduates of various institutes of technology - Almaz-Antey is an institution of utmost significance, I doubt they would accept a foreigner unless he's really special.

Designing AA systems takes both lots of experience and a great amount of knowledge. Institutions that deal with this kind of stuff do not generally take fresh graduates for such positions. They take people with ecperience, years of it.

I am from Minsk but working here in the UK. I know a few people from Belarus who work in Almaz.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am