Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+58
KoTeMoRe
Neutrality
crod
chinggis
Zivo
Shadåw
GunshipDemocracy
KiloGolf
Redboy
Cyrus the great
Bolt
max steel
TheArmenian
Teshub
Fred333
Morpheus Eberhardt
HUNTER VZLA
Bidoul
Iraqiya
franco
VARGR198
Aldin_Aba
BKP
Regular
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
medo
Heartbeer
short_fuze
mack8
Kadmos45
Acheron
Monarchist
Werewolf
OminousSpudd
headshot69
calm
Walther von Oldenburg
flamming_python
George1
magnumcromagnon
zg18
sheytanelkebir
higurashihougi
Algerian Major
JohninMK
DerWolf
wilhelm
Big_Gazza
GarryB
Erk
Solncepek
d_taddei2
par far
Dima
JohnSnow
Akula971
Cyberspec
62 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #5

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 40 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Dima wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Nothing went wrong. I have a strong feeling this was just a turkey shoot from captured SAA people. There's no return fire what so ever and there wasn't any attempt to freeze the movement. Also the killzone from the footage is only 100m deep. There's noway they didn't saw or heard from the first shots there were beheaders next to them; From whoever has been on a range, fire from an AK at 50m/100 is distinctive especially when amplified by fireholes.

I just don't know how this is possible. I do not exclude fuckups. But they kept advancing even when tracers were well ahead of the first obstacle. It's just not logical after 5 years of war, but who knows with this crazy war.
    I dont know..but something went wrong somewhere and the reason why we have to see this well prepared ambush mercilessly massacring those men.
    Every men in uniform count and its sad to see so many being lost in just one ambush/whatever. RIP guys.

I don't think so far this was "an ambush" on an attacking party. The only similar scene I saw was during the "evacuation" of the military hospital in Jisr and prior to that in Idlib. Those were cold blooded executions of a sourrounded enemy. Not "ambushing attackers".

So my point still stands, either this was a hurried exit from a killzone, which turned sour, or was simply put a sickening dressing up of an execution.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Dima wrote:SAA Reporter ‏@Syria_Protector 4 minutes ago
    #Map correction [update] military situation in E Aleppo after capturing Barlahin
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 40 4YB37o7

Yet again SAA is going places that what we didnt expect, atleast me, seeing the earlier maps. Good going to make an even bihger cauldron. Purge the terrorists inside it.

Not only that but they suckered the IS to bring in reinforcements to retake Al-Sin and al-Kalb... now about to be trapped.
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:03 pm

What are the estimates of terrorist forces in danger of being encircled? Has there been a wide-scale
    encirclement and annihilation of terrorist forces to this date?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:09 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Dima wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Nothing went wrong. I have a strong feeling this was just a turkey shoot from captured SAA people. There's no return fire what so ever and there wasn't any attempt to freeze the movement. Also the killzone from the footage is only 100m deep. There's noway they didn't saw or heard from the first shots there were beheaders next to them; From whoever has been on a range, fire from an AK at 50m/100 is distinctive especially when amplified by fireholes.

I just don't know how this is possible. I do not exclude fuckups. But they kept advancing even when tracers were well ahead of the first obstacle. It's just not logical after 5 years of war, but who knows with this crazy war.
    I dont know..but something went wrong somewhere and the reason why we have to see this well prepared ambush mercilessly massacring those men.
    Every men in uniform count and its sad to see so many being lost in just one ambush/whatever. RIP guys.

I don't think so far this was "an ambush" on an attacking party. The only similar scene I saw was during the "evacuation" of the military hospital in Jisr and prior to that in Idlib. Those were cold blooded executions of a sourrounded enemy. Not "ambushing attackers".

So my point still stands, either this was a hurried exit from a killzone, which turned sour, or was simply put a sickening dressing up of an execution.
    Once this spreads through the SAA and allies it is likely that the prisoner/wounded/killed ratios may well change leading to a probable shortage of virgins.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:18 pm

SturmGuard wrote:What are the estimates of terrorist forces in danger of being encircled? Has there been a wide-scale
    encirclement and annihilation of terrorist forces to this date?

It's a long civil war, a quick look and count shows 5 government forces encirclement, 1 Isis and about 11 rebel ones.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:23 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Dima wrote:

A key strategy of the government has been to allow the rebels to retake newly conquered positions.
    1. means the rebels have to bring in reinforcements into a close area... much easier for the VKS and SAA artillery to get at them.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:47 pm

franco wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Dima wrote:

A key strategy of the government has been to allow the rebels to retake newly conquered positions.
    1. means the rebels have to bring in reinforcements into a close area... much easier for the VKS and SAA artillery to get at them.  

Yeah that's what shaping and probing operations are for. Yet this isn't exactly a shaping operation. Look at how the people act, move and fight in Aleppo. Hell even the Nujaba guys that aren't the most prolific uber warriors in such moments, do not keep advancing on cutting fire. We had enough evidence when Anjam al Sham and the other JN assholes were attacking them with tanks and APC's. They scampered when fired upon. Here's they're just going under fire. To me it doesn't fit anything remotely military.

It's not like they were in a deep killzone of 300/400m. The 0:45 first guy who rolls dead is being hit by DSHK; the round snaps immediatley. They're just 100 accross on what's basically a 30m window. It just doesn't make sense. 0:50/55 guy standing gets hit on the thigh/pelvis stutters tries to get down. A tracer is just beside him. Don't tell me he doesn't see that one. There are more people coming after him. A part a death wish cult club kind of thing, I can't understand what's going on. Logically (outside the dressed up execution).
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:48 pm

JohninMK wrote:New Peto map. Note that  #IS regain control of Al-Sin, Jub Al-Kalb & Rasm Al-Alam while #SAA capture Barheliyah Hill

Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 40 Canf8CYWcAEuxJs

After recent advances #SAA closes in on north #Aleppo:

Tell Rifaat - 10km

Azaz - 20km

Turkish border - 25km

I have the impression that Kurds are going to retake that entire northern territory which was recently divided. Otherwise the SAA will have to fight on 2 fronts. Erdogan's back is already sweating.
    short_fuze

Post  short_fuze Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:00 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Dima wrote:

There were no weapons in their arms as they were running, so if they had weapons, they must have been be slung across their shoulders. There are no guns or weapon straps visible in the final shots of the dead victims. There was also no return fire, so even if they had weapons, the magazines must have been empty.

It looks like a staged shoot to me. What a choice? Be decapitated by the headchoppers or take a chance running through a preset fire zone.

RIP to the victims. I hope the RuAF / SAA can identify the location of the murderers and bomb the fsck out of it.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:01 pm

Neutrality wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:New Peto map. Note that  #IS regain control of Al-Sin, Jub Al-Kalb & Rasm Al-Alam while #SAA capture Barheliyah Hill

Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 40 Canf8CYWcAEuxJs

After recent advances #SAA closes in on north #Aleppo:

Tell Rifaat - 10km

Azaz - 20km

Turkish border - 25km

I have the impression that Kurds are going to retake that entire northern territory which was recently divided. Otherwise the SAA will have to fight on 2 fronts. Erdogan's back is already sweating.

I would like ISIS to do a part of the dirty job too. They can more effectively send morons to get killed and kill the "moderates", then Sukhois will sort them out.
    short_fuze

Post  short_fuze Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:23 pm

A possible reason for the release of the video showing the murder of the SAA troops.

133 terrorists have surrendered today in and around Homs. This follows on from the surrender of 23 more last week.

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/133-terrorists-surrender-in-homs-syria/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 pm