Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+58
KoTeMoRe
Neutrality
crod
chinggis
Zivo
Shadåw
GunshipDemocracy
KiloGolf
Redboy
Cyrus the great
Bolt
max steel
TheArmenian
Teshub
Fred333
Morpheus Eberhardt
HUNTER VZLA
Bidoul
Iraqiya
franco
VARGR198
Aldin_Aba
BKP
Regular
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
medo
Heartbeer
short_fuze
mack8
Kadmos45
Acheron
Monarchist
Werewolf
OminousSpudd
headshot69
calm
Walther von Oldenburg
flamming_python
George1
magnumcromagnon
zg18
sheytanelkebir
higurashihougi
Algerian Major
JohninMK
DerWolf
wilhelm
Big_Gazza
GarryB
Erk
Solncepek
d_taddei2
par far
Dima
JohnSnow
Akula971
Cyberspec
62 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #5

zg18
    zg18

Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

Post  zg18 Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:46 pm

If Yemen is any telling, Saudi Arabia bringing 150,000 troops to Syria is science fiction.
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Gentle threat from Iran:

They claim they will send troops (to Syria) but I don't think they will dare do so. They have a classic army and history tells us such armies stand no chance in fighting irregular resistance forces," the Fars news agency quoted Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari as saying. wrote:

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20160206/1034334942/iran-saudi-arabia-syria.html?utm_source=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FTsXdT5QTgB&utm_medium=short_url&utm_content=a9Jt&utm_campaign=URL_shortening
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:31 pm

zg18 wrote:If Yemen is any telling, Saudi Arabia bringing 150,000 troops to Syria is science fiction.

Here's how it's going to go down, they will deploy to Yemen. When air-conditionined MRAPs break down, KFC supply dries out, they'll run away cross the dessert, all the way to Syria. We might end up collecting them from the Aegean as refugee folk. Razz
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:13 pm

yeah they look the part alright
    Ratyan town.

Also Naimah has fallen to SAA:

Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 CafVlpaWAAA9YxU

I am sensing the creation of yet another kettle in Daraa unshaven
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:23 pm

They should shoulder those Type 56/2 better though. clown
    par far

Post  par far Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:48 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:if this is true then how they want to move those masses of people to support terrorists? then clash with SAA seems to be  inevitable as IMHO this is main reason to use them. I wonder if caliber-nukes start being used?

CNN: Riyadh allies are preparing for 150 thousand military action in Syria

http://ria.ru/syria_chronicle/20160206/1370482179.html

MOSCOW, 6 Feb — RIA Novosti. Saudi Arabia and its allies among the Arab countries prepare up to 150 thousand troops for a possible operation in Syria against the group "Islamic state" (IG, is prohibited in the Russian Federation), according to the sources of the TV channel CNN.

Advisor to the Saudi Minister of defense Ahmed Asiri said Thursday that the country is ready to send troops to participate in a ground operation in Syria, provided that it coordinates the command of the international coalition led by the United States. He suggested that such a decision can be made at the NATO summit in Brussels next week. The U.S. Secretary of defense Ashton Carter confirmed that at the NATO summit will discuss with the representatives of Saudi Arabia the initiative.

I think(just me thinking here), that both Russia and Iran would love this, the Saudis involved on two fronts, the Whabbis getting killed on two fronts would be great, the price of oil would go up, the same goes for the Turks, it would be way easier to start a major civil war inside Turkey.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Senator: su-35 in Syria - a signal to those who want to violate the agreement

"In my opinion, this can be addressed simultaneously and as a signal to those who try to arbitrarily redefine the ways of solving the Syrian problem despite the previously reached agreements" said the Deputy Chairman of the Federation Council Committee on defense Franz Klintsevich.

http://ria.ru/syria/20160205/1370334454.html

par far wrote: I think(just me thinking here), that both Russia and Iran would love this, the Saudis involved on two fronts, the Whabbis getting killed on two fronts would be great, the price of oil would go up, the same goes for the Turks, it would be way easier to start a major civil war inside Turkey.

I am not sure if this is os easy - Saudis do nothing without US permission. Same with Turks. As for logistics yes they have in turkey.

How do they cope without UN approval? like always: Assad is nondemocratic so we have to help Syrian nation to chop his head with blunt blade. And eventually Putin to Hague (now only in media)
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Hassan Ridha ‏@sayed_ridha  23 hours ago  
    Ammunition, weapons & supplies seized by #SAA in Atman #Daraa
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 Cadze7FUcAAejKy
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 CadzfHFUsAAcYmq
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 CadzfPNUcAAtm0g

Last edited by Dima on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:18 pm

https://twitter.com/PetoLucem
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 ZmiLfRb
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Situation becomes more interesting the closer the SAA get to the Jordanian border. Jordanians will keep silent or lend a hand?
    par far

Post  par far Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:03 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote: Senator: su-35 in Syria - a signal to those who want to violate the agreement

"In my opinion, this can be addressed simultaneously and as a signal to those who try to arbitrarily redefine the ways of solving the Syrian problem despite the previously reached agreements" said the Deputy Chairman of the Federation Council Committee on defense Franz Klintsevich.

http://ria.ru/syria/20160205/1370334454.html

par far wrote: I think(just me thinking here), that both Russia and Iran would love this, the Saudis involved on two fronts, the Whabbis getting killed on two fronts would be great, the price of oil would go up, the same goes for the Turks, it would be way easier to start a major civil war inside Turkey.

I am not sure if this is os easy - Saudis do nothing without US permission. Same with Turks. As for logistics yes they have in turkey.

How do they cope without UN approval? like always: Assad is nondemocratic so we have to help Syrian nation to chop his head with blunt blade. And eventually Putin to Hague (now only in media)

You are right but would the Saudis risk a second front. I don't think that they can pull that kind of crap in the UN anymore(not to the past level).
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:44 pm

i personally think Saudi's are blowing hot air. If you really look at this,

One- they can't really send this amount of manpower to Syria,

Two- they are currently struggling with Houthis and Yemeni army and lets face it they are getting there arse kicked and losing a lot of equipment.

Three- they don't really have a good place for base of operations and logistics to carry out this.

Four- they can't afford to, despite having billions in reserve they are currently facing years of austerity measures due the oil crisis and add all this onto the costs of fighting the houthis etc including the costs of hiring mercenaries, and the loss of equipment in this, as well backing up the rebels in Syria with weapons and financial aid. Saudi Arabia now need to tighten there belt buckles and watch what they spend.

Five- getting the UN to agree

Six- they would get there arse kicked by ISIS, Kurds, Iranians, and SAA+RuAF. Very Happy

As for the Turks then they would be foolish to invade, and if they ever did it would be by USA's backing which yet again would be foolish as when it all goes wrong USA's will wipe their hands of Turkey and put all the blame on them and Turkey will have to carry the consequences of there actions which won't be good.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:02 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:i personally think Saudi's are blowing hot air. If you really look at this,

One- they can't really send this amount of manpower to Syria,

Two- they are currently struggling with Houthis and Yemeni army and lets face it they are getting there arse kicked and losing a lot of equipment.

Three- they don't really have a good place for base of operations and logistics to carry out this.

Four- they can't afford to, despite having billions in reserve they are currently facing years of austerity measures due the oil crisis and add all this onto the costs of fighting the houthis etc including the costs of hiring mercenaries, and the loss of equipment in this, as well backing up the rebels in Syria with weapons and financial aid. Saudi Arabia now need to tighten there belt buckles and watch what they spend.

Five- getting the UN to agree

Six- they would get there arse kicked by ISIS, Kurds, Iranians, and SAA+RuAF. Very Happy

As for the Turks then they would be foolish to invade, and if they ever did it would be by USA's backing which yet again would be foolish as when it all goes wrong USA's will wipe their hands of Turkey and put all the blame on them and Turkey will have to carry the consequences of there actions which won't be good.

Base: Jordan is a nice shiny base location. Only "bright spot".
    Money: Indeed it's a 50 billion USD/Q deal. Especially if they start hiring people around the world.
    Quality: Pretty much the weakest point of KSA and "allies". At this rate having Central Asians in unifiorm or in ISIS garb would be kif-kif.
    Projection. KSA doesn't have the tools to move 150K troops around for "ISIS". Also the moment a KSA plane pops up in Syrian Sky, Turkish precedent etc...
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:36 pm

Any news or maps from Latakia?
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:24 pm

@Tadei &&
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

Turkey?

Money: Indeed it's a 50 billion USD/Q deal. Especially if they start hiring people around the world.
    They still have like AFSAIK $600 bln in reserves, so 1/10 of this to achieve strategic goal might be anacceptable loss

[/quote]
    Quality: Pretty much the weakest point of KSA and "allies". At this rate having Central Asians in unifiorm or in ISIS garb would be kif-kif.
    [/quote]

People? Egypt, Sudan, Lybia whenever money help (Ukriane?) Turkey?
    Equipment: with their amount spent fo rnew one if they use older form depots might be just fine.

Projection. KSA doesn't have the tools to move 150K troops around for "ISIS". Also the moment a KSA plane pops up in Syrian Sky, Turkish precedent etc...
    [/quote]
    and here we got US - logistics, "advisors" elint you name it

UN? well Assad s a " war criminal" same as Milosevic was I eman defend your nation against west is enough to be a criminal that has "no moral right" to sty in power.

OK OK I know that moral rights and western regimes is an oxymoron Razz

Shadåw
    Shadåw

Post  Shadåw Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:54 pm

Theres an T-90 which /fires/ it's main gun in this video! woo~
    short_fuze

Post  short_fuze Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Shadåw wrote:Theres an T-90 which /fires/ it's main gun in this video! woo~

One of the tanks (at 1:08) is equipped with the local IR system.

Aldin_Aba
    Aldin_Aba

Post  Aldin_Aba Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:49 pm

Again sorry guys that im not here, busy working and traveling but still wanted to fill you in on details.

Syrian army launched massive opperations to secure its borders, Latakia, Aleppo (co-op with YPG and RuAF), and Daraa. In Daraa they want to secure highway toward the city itself, next targets are Ibta and Dael. Operation in Aleppo saw heavy deployment of Hezbollah units and units from IRGC.
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 CaTryRPWQAArroy

Here is evidences:
    Ataman, Darra
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 Ataman10

Mayer, Aleppo
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 Mayer10
    Also in Mayer schools are used for storing the hell canon munition
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 Cajuw4dXIAEYE0e

Ratyan, Aleppo
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 Rat10

Also some of the so called refuges
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 CaZfD06UAAAu1P1

Hope this was useful. Feel free to follow Twitter posts, and wish you guys the best. When i have time i will jump in. russia attack
    Aldin_Aba
    Aldin_Aba

Post  Aldin_Aba Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:49 pm

short_fuze wrote:
    Shadåw wrote:Theres an T-90 which /fires/ it's main gun in this video! woo~

One of the tanks (at 1:08) is equipped with the local IR system.

That one was T-72.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:01 am

Aldin_Aba wrote:Again sorry guys that im not here, busy working and traveling but still wanted to fill you in on details.

Syrian army launched massive opperations to secure its borders, Latakia, Aleppo (co-op with YPG and RuAF), and Daraa. In Daraa they want to secure highway toward the city itself, next targets are Ibta and Dael. Operation in Aleppo saw heavy deployment of Hezbollah units and units from IRGC.

Hope this was useful. Feel free to follow Twitter posts, and wish you guys the best. When i have time i will jump in. russia attack

Best as always Aldlin. Rock on attack
    Aldin_Aba
    Aldin_Aba

Post  Aldin_Aba Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:14 am

Bakery used as ammo factory. Ratyan, Aleppo.
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 Bakery10
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:48 am

KiloGolf wrote:
    Aldin_Aba wrote:Again sorry guys that im not here, busy working and traveling but still wanted to fill you in on details.

Best as always Aldlin. Rock on attack
    Much of your stuff finds its way here anyway. Wink

Great stuff, keep it up.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:00 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:@Tadei &&
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

Turkey?

They still have like AFSAIK $600 bln in reserves, so 1/10 of this to achieve strategic goal might be anacceptable loss

People? Egypt, Sudan, Lybia whenever money help (Ukriane?) Turkey?
    Equipment: with their amount spent fo rnew one if they use older form depots might be just fine.

and here we got US - logistics, "advisors"  elint you name it

UN? well Assad s a " war criminal" same as Milosevic was I eman defend your nation against west is enough to be a criminal that has "no moral right" to sty in power.

OK OK I know that moral rights and western regimes is an oxymoron  Razz

[/quote]
    [/quote][/quote]
    Nyet Comrade.

John Kerry has messizh for tebya.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/opposition-blame-syrian-bombing-kerry-tells-aid-workers-1808021537

"He said that basically, it was the opposition that didn’t want to negotiate and didn’t want a ceasefire, and they walked away,” the second of the aid workers told MEE in a separate conversation and also on the basis of anonymity.

“‘What do you want me to do? Go to war with Russia? Is that what you want?’” the aid worker said Kerry told her.

No US involvement in super Giant clusterfuck. Clusterfuck is big enough as it is.
    Russia has said it will skewer the Turkish rats for at least another season. Expect more trash to get sorted.

Last edited by KoTeMoRe on Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:01 am

This map might be useful.

Hassan Ridha ‏@sayed_ridha 2h2 hours ago

#Daraa #Syria:
    Green: #JN & friends
    Black: #LSY
    Red: #SAA
    Yellow: Captured by SAA
    Blue: Possible SAA offensive

Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 CakGxpeVIAAHSfT
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:03 am

Aldin_Aba wrote:Bakery used as ammo factory. Ratyan, Aleppo.
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 38 Bakery10

But But it was flour that burnt black. And Russia is killing more people than Assad. And Russia is Ebil.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 pm