Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Documentaries Thread:

nightcrawler
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Re: Documentaries Thread:

Post  nightcrawler on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:55 am

GarryB wrote:
    The thing is, we really don't have to switch to Alternatives until Oil is actually about to run out,

That is the opposite to the talk that got a man on the moon. cry

ain't THAT DUBIOUS

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Just a nice video of Soviets in Afghanistan

http://rutube.ru/tracks/2007993.html?v=121802e461f99eaa78b42826f7e0711d

Another one

Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

Documentary - Russia's Toughest Prisons

Post  Cyberspec on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:30 am

Russia's Toughest Prisons
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkd4xy_russia-s-toughest-prisons-documentary-2011_shortfilms

KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:58 pm

I personally think russia should return the death penalty.

collegeboy16
    Colonel
    Colonel

Documentary - Russia's Toughest Prisons

Post  collegeboy16 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:45 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:I personally think russia should return the death penalty.
    nah, make em work their ass in Siberia, like they used to

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Fri May 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Epic Russian army in Chechny video with excellent music.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:18 pm

A Documentary video hosted by Haydn Gwynne, published by BBC in 2013 about Cold War NATO submarines struggle to counter the advancing of Soviet submarines

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Austin wrote:A Documentary video hosted by Haydn Gwynne, published by BBC in 2013 about Cold War NATO submarines struggle to counter the advancing of Soviet submarines
    I think there is a forum rule that disallows posting of material from Wikipedia. BBC is, of course, no better.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:55 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Austin wrote:A Documentary video hosted by Haydn Gwynne, published by BBC in 2013 about Cold War NATO submarines struggle to counter the advancing of Soviet submarines
    I think there is a forum rule that disallows posting of material from Wikipedia. BBC is, of course, no better.

Specially when you take into account that such "News" broadcasting Networks like BBC,CNN,FOX,MSNBC are hiring actors for Syrian atrocities to fake footage of Chemical weapons, injured syrian civilians, reporters who getting "shot".

Who ever gives a single credit to those networks must be a lunatic, as soon as you pay actors you lost all credibility.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

"Hubris" (Full Film) Iraq War Documentary - Rachel Maddow

Post  Austin on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:57 pm

"Hubris" (Full Film) Iraq War Documentary - Rachel Maddow

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:40 am

Military Aspect of Iraq Invasion

Invasion of Iraq Documentary

NationalRus
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

The Act of Killing (Indonesian Mass killings of 1965–66)

Post  NationalRus on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Look in to the Documentary, its the most awesome breath taking documenary i watched maybe in my life, google for a stream i wont post a link, buy it, whatever its worth it.

to shortly discribe the documentary/movie its about the indonisian military coup 1965 and the purge off all communists after it (1 million people), i hate to always take the nazis for any kind of example in savagnes so here is a paradigm with another situation:

"imagine pol pots khmer rouge regime didnt fell, imagine pol pot was still in power and the perpetrators who tortured and executed for years any enemy of the regime, or intelectuals or close to that position (about 2 million cambodians) had never the need to flee and escape, to die in the war with the new goverment, to be breught to jutice in a court.

imagine they were all still ther living happy and the khmer rouge was standing strong!
    the executuners were like national heroes with own inspired paramilitary wing and in all positions of the goverment themself.

imagine to hang around this guys, who act normal, are funny and actaull very likeable, who have now familys, son, deughters, grandchildren, and how they proud (since they are heroes who did nothing wrong, officialy) at a cup off coffe tell and show you how and were they killed hundreds of people, how they tortued them and were they have thrown away ther bodies, and then they will even reenact ther killings together with you for memorys.

and it is all real, its not a fiction film, thats the breath taking amazing part, its the real situation in indonesia and all of this peple in the film are the real executeners, death squad members wo proudly tell you ther story, the main and very cool and likeable hero of the film "anwar congo" is one of them he personal killed close to 1.000 people

partizan
    Private
    Private

Post  partizan on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:06 pm

One of the most disturbing thing I ever saw. And someone has the nerve to say something about the comunists... Those people should be executed the same way they executed their victims... The guy who is tAlKing about raping litlle girls in that village... But hey, nothing gonna happend to them. They were only killing communists and chinese...they were and they still are "freedom figthers" and national heroes... Fucking scumbags. Simple human trash. But there is one thing that botters me the most. According to some reports they killed almost 2,5 million people and it is strange that no one of their families havent even try to revenge...

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:14 pm

We need a new den hague that is potent and not some coward shit court that only acts when US allows them too, we need a new court that has assassination teams for all terror organisations and countries that refuse to bring war criminals and genociders to court.

NationalRus
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  NationalRus on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:25 pm

watch the whole movie its 2 hours

and now you have fallen from one extrem to another, barbarism of one side doesnt make the other barberians saints, if i would meet in the 70's a NKVD officer who killed hundreds of people "becouse whatever" i woulent automaticaly wish death to him and spit him in the face. they like this guys were brainwashed victims of ther time,and they like this guys never needed to feel guilty for ther crimes if they dont wanted to, becouse they are heroes after all wo officialy will get a pat on the bck and applause

its more of a learning expirience what extrimality and propaganda can do out of people and make them do, and how they can cope with it if the right heroic story is made up withthe help of the goverment to make an excuse for you

so its more of a learning movie i would say who targets for reconciliation, not new hate and old wounds but reconciliation this are also brainwashed victims of ther time used for the regime, i dont despise them like i would give the nkvd officer or even pol pots thugs a pass if i would meet them saw that they are maybe not evil person by design but tool's to use in ther time

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Soviet/Russian Military History Videos and Documentaries

Post  GarryB on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:16 am

This looks pretty good... interviews with soldiers and civilians who were there...

Stalingrad... 2 and a half hours doco in English but from what I have seen of it none of the usual western BS.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:57 pm

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:15 pm

A 2002 documentary about the April 2002 Venezuelan coup attempt which briefly deposed Venezuelan

DTA
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Putin Documentaries

Post  DTA on Fri May 08, 2015 3:39 am

Documentary by Vladimir Solovyov

Episode 1 - War in Chechnya. Way from Prime Minister to Acting President
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c7f_1430284031

i found here mistake 05.25 when Zakhar Prilepin talk about ChabanMakhi and KarabanMakhi - two villages in Dagestan

Episode 2/8 - Elections. President of a country in decay. Tragedy of Kursk submarine
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=517_1430437349

Episode 3/8 - Relations between Russia and US. Restoring Russian Economy - Beginning
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=07b_1430592154

Episode 4/8 - Developing partnership with EU. Terrorist acts in Russia. Russia stands United
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f20_1430662214

PRESIDENT - Episode 5/8 - Formation of Personality
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e8c_1430759524

Episode 6/8 - Putin on the post of Prime Minister during 2008 crisis
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=93e_1430924790

Episode 7/8 - Relations with opposition. Bolotnaya protests. Standoff between US and Russia
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e3_1430934131

Episode 8/8 Revival of Russian Army. Putin serves his Country. Peoples faith in the President and Country
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bee_1431009868

Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Korean War battle

Post  Book. on Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:03 am

Munkeoung Battle, the Battle that Turned the Tide of War (Full Episode)

On April 2015, a certain phone call to the Ministry of National Defense led to a discovery. After the Third Battle of Seoul ended during the Korean War, one man recalled a battle that took place in Mungyeong, Gyeongsangbuk-do. To confirm that such a battle actually took place, the documentary crew met with Major General Son Jang-lae who was deployed to Mungyeong. According to Major General Son, he was part of a special strike force attached to a US squad stationed in Mungyeong, in which he engaged the enemy in a fierce battle. In January 1951, the Third Battle of Seoul took place when China entered the Korean War and forced UN Forces to retreat. UN Forces held the enemy back near the center of Korea Peninsula. Mungyeong was located safely behind this defense line.

But what happened in Mungyeong on one fateful day?

Good docu korea war.

1hr vido lot top secret Surprised

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

World Military History Documentaries

Post  George1 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 am

Coloured documentary of Korean War

Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

Military and historical documentaries

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:12 am

A nice doc about Manstein. Very rare find. Features former German officers and even Manstein's daughter. I can't stress enough how much admiration I have for men like him, they are literally my heroes - Manstein, Guderian, Rommel, Model - brilliant minds, excellent strategic knowledge. Germany will never see a generation like them.

Afghanistan:

History of swords:

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Military History Documentaries and Videos

Post  George1 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:13 am

Soviet Storm: World War II

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:31 am

Martin Smith's Full FRONTLINE Documentary "Inside Assads Syria"

Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

Rescuing ex-Muslims: Leaving Islam (a VICE News' documentary)

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:24 am

Around the world, people who leave the faith of Islam face state persecution, imprisonment, torture, and even execution, as well as violence, death threats, and ostracization from their own communities.

Many ex-Muslims risk so-called honor killing, forced marriage, kidnap, and communal violence at the hands of their families for “bringing shame” on their community. In Western countries, ex-Muslims are often thrown out of the family and face isolation and exclusion.

VICE News has gained access to an underground network in London who help rescue ex-Muslims. We follow the network as it helps a young atheist escape Saudi Arabia and Turkey, and provides support and shelter for young British people on the run from their families and communities.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:38 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:38 am