Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Share

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2533
    Points : 2666
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  kvs on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:21 pm

    ult wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Put a sock in it sunshine.  Your retarded little picture does exactly nothing to make your case.   The "black widow" in the faked Turkish "proof" that
    you love so much does not even look like a Russian.   Maybe you can't tell the difference, but I can.   This is yet another piece of evidence that
    this is a photoshop since they needed to have someone pose in the right position as a template.   It looks like Turk because it is a Turk.

    Wow. Some people are dense...

    First of all, the guy with manpad is standing in the shadow from the mast.





    He is wearing the new everyday uniform, without the belt as it should be "out of ranks".

    Here it is, Ground Forces, VMF, VKS.


    http://twower.livejournal.com/1794622.html

    Here is order no.300 on how to properly wear the uniform. http://twower.livejournal.com/1706670.html

    "Вне строя"


    "В строю"


    The marine is wearing Korsar-MP floating bulletproof vest. And 6B47 helmet.





    More irrelevant spew. None of your photographs show a head scarf as part of the standard uniform. What is that around the head of the
    "black widow sailor", eh?

    BTW, what sort of idiot would think that this fake sailor would not be properly positioned on the ship from more than one angle. Do you actually
    believe that fakes are always cheesy and obvious. Jesus H. Christ what inanity. You have done exactly zero to address my points, that the
    lighting and the Turk face are evidence of a fake.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3793
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:32 pm


    Can you all please take this MANPADS bullshit to Mustafas's ass-tread please?

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3233
    Points : 3357
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Vann7 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:33 pm

    Patience is what make the best results. it was patience and determination what allowed Russia to
    win world war 2. it was patience what allowed soviets to avoid a nuclear war in the CUban missiles crisis. Had soviet did not had patience and starting bombing with Nukes americans the world will have been very different.  

    Had Russia invaded Ukraine ,it will have been a disaster. Because instead of kiev supplying food
    to its 40 millions citizens ,it will have to be done by Russia. There is nothing to win in the Ukraine war..but only debt. Since any city that Russia "liberate" is a city of people that Russia will need to feed. and find them a job.. etc.. that will also put in danger Russians in other regions in Ukraine.
    Because if Russia invade donetsk and Lugansk.. it will be forced to invade Kharkiv.. too..and then mariupol..and then odessa.. it will be a war on attrition . and Ukrainians living in poverty will blame Russia for all. So Russia did the right thing in Ukraine..

    In Syria is a different thing. It is to fight ISIS/Alqaeda now and defeat them in Syria or fight them later in Ukraine when americans re-export them there to fight Russia or Kaliningrad or Armenia or Transnistria or Tajikistan.. Because if Russia allows ISIS to become very rich. in Syria thanks to Turkey oil stolen business.they will be able to raise an army on 1 million terrorist and potential suicide bombers. So is way better for Russia to deal with ISIS now than have to deal with them when it become too big and too well armed . Because if Syria falls.. IRAQ will fall..and then later IRAN will fall.. and then Later Egypt.. and millions will die. So is no kidding a world war 3 what Russia face by proxy.

    So perhaps it is possible that war is inevitable like the experts say..
    But i think that what Russia is trying to do is choose the best moment to enter on it..
    and see if they patience convince Europe to split from Americans coalition.  and to gain as much public support as possible.. why? Because once the war start and then Ends. depending on Russia international support ,it is what will make the difference between
    being isolated or not.  What Americans is really targeting is not only to damage Russia image
    as a serious power.. but more than anything to collapse Russia economy. They understand
    that in a full scale war Turkey have no chance with Russia. Russia will easily control the black sea and have Ankara at range of all its combat planes missiles easily . But this doesn't matter.. same way Ukraine was provoking Russia into a war.. even when they knew they could not win ,the goal was the same to get more sanctions in Russia.  same way and in a more radical way.. Turkey is provoking Russia to a war.So the ultimate goal is damage Putin image in Russia for failing in defend Russia and to collapse Russia economy. patience is the key... it is my belief.. because the only way Russia can stop Turkey to continue its aggression to Russia that is controlled by Americans is in two ways.. one is using nukes and killing millions but that will make things worse and the other way is to get Europe on their side and Pressure Turkey again to stop its criminal war against Syria .

    So to answer people saying what will be Russia red line? well any other attack on Russia will be retaliated. Putin already told it. and probably it will be tit for tat response. . and any major aggression on Russian base form Turkey could end in Russia using nukes.. So the REd Line of Russia will be just 1 more aggression of Turkey.

    ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 621
    Points : 661
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  ult on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:37 pm

    kvs wrote:
    More irrelevant spew.  None of your photographs show a head scarf as part of the standard uniform.   What is that around the head of the
    "black widow sailor", eh?  

    BTW, what sort of idiot would think that this fake sailor would not be properly positioned on the ship from more than one angle.   Do you actually
    believe that fakes are always cheesy and obvious.   Jesus H. Christ what inanity.   You have done exactly zero to address my points, that the
    lighting and the Turk face are evidence of a fake.  

    Head SCARF? Ahahahaha. Laughing Laughing Laughing

    That is a regular beanie.

    Turk face?

    That's it. I'm talking to an idiot.


    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Cyberspec on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:41 pm

    OK...enough of the Manpad saga...it's only a minor incident in the bigger scheme whether true or not

    ---

    Friendly fire incident according to US rep..

    "US military official: Russia is responsible for strike that targeted Syria govt camp in Deir Ez Zour"
    https://twitter.com/yurybarmin/status/673912517270315009

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4858
    Points : 4905
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Militarov on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:50 pm

    Some rumons about Russians using UCAV over Syria surfaced. Its either Altius being tested or they misidentified Reaper Smile.

    Or Iranians finally started using armed Shahed-129s.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:53 pm

    Let me guess, US lying again? And what evidence do they have to state it was Russia?

    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1504
    Points : 1540
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Zivo on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:56 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Let me guess, US lying again? And what evidence do they have to state it was Russia?

    When have they ever needed proof?

    Just run the headline Russia accidentally bombs Regime Forces and put the source as US officials. People will buy it without question.

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4858
    Points : 4905
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Militarov on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:57 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Let me guess, US lying again? And what evidence do they have to state it was Russia?

    As i said "rumons", seems they came from https://www.facebook.com/kinana.allouche Kinana Allouche journalist. Cant say much about evidence, its most likely case of missidentification, but hey, you never know.

    JohnSnow
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 32
    Points : 34
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  JohnSnow on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:21 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Let me guess, US lying again? And what evidence do they have to state it was Russia?

    Well...what I find odd is the deafening silence from the Russian MoD on the matter.
    Or did I missed their statement on the matter?
    It's been more than 24 hours since the initial claim was made, firmly pointing the finger at RuAF. Makes me wonder.

    Siempre_Leal
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:04 am

    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Let me guess, US lying again? And what evidence do they have to state it was Russia?

    As i said "rumons", seems they came from https://www.facebook.com/kinana.allouche Kinana Allouche journalist. Cant say much about evidence, its most likely case of missidentification, but hey, you never know.

    this is her exact post.
    https://www.facebook.com/KinanaAllouchePage/posts/948903371813561

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3793
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:32 am

    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Let me guess, US lying again? And what evidence do they have to state it was Russia?

    As i said "rumons", seems they came from https://www.facebook.com/kinana.allouche Kinana Allouche journalist. Cant say much about evidence, its most likely case of missidentification, but hey, you never know.

    Most likely one of non-USA coalition members f*cked up, probably Brits because they are late to the party, and now everyone else is waiting for it to go away.

    Syria is pissed, naturaly and Russia is putting additional screws on coalition. Still, minor incident, VKS already increased air cover over the area and are resuming the good work.

    HOWEVER, if it was intentional then it was just a litmus test by US&co that failed miserably. Their current rhetoric and behaviour does not signal confidence, it signals weakness.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3793
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:36 am

    Militarov wrote:Some rumons about Russians using UCAV over Syria surfaced. Its either Altius being tested or they misidentified Reaper Smile.

    Or Iranians finally started using armed Shahed-129s.

    I think that it could really be case of Russian UCAV or a large drone getting field tested. That paparazzi shot of Predator/ Reaper drone could not have been made by Orlan.

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Cyberspec on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:37 am

    According to the Serbian 'Web Tribune' there was an incident on the Syrian-Turkish border whilst Su-24's were bombing 'Turkoman' rebels (apparently reinforced with regular Turkish Army commandoes). The Su-24's were chalenged by 3 x F-16's but dissengaged when Russian fighters arrived in the area...the report mentions 9 x Russian fighters....

    Arrow http://webtribune.rs/ruski-su-24-bombardovao-turske-dzihadiste-na-njega-krenula-3-turska-f-16-a-onda-su-dosli-ruski-lovci/#

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4858
    Points : 4905
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Militarov on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:47 am

    Cyberspec wrote:According to the Serbian 'Web Tribune' there was an incident on the Syrian-Turkish border whilst Su-24's were bombing 'Turkoman' rebels (apparently reinforced with regular Turkish Army commandoes). The Su-24's were chalenged by 3 x F-16's but dissengaged when Russian fighters arrived in the area...the report mentions 9 x Russian fighters....

    Arrow http://webtribune.rs/ruski-su-24-bombardovao-turske-dzihadiste-na-njega-krenula-3-turska-f-16-a-onda-su-dosli-ruski-lovci/#

    Web tribune tends sometimes to post clickbite articles, take this with reserve, big one, Baikal lake size reserve. I havent found anywhere else such info in Serbian media so some our local legit source is out of the question.

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4858
    Points : 4905
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Militarov on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:52 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Some rumons about Russians using UCAV over Syria surfaced. Its either Altius being tested or they misidentified Reaper Smile.

    Or Iranians finally started using armed Shahed-129s.

    I think that it could really be case of Russian UCAV or a large drone getting field tested. That paparazzi shot of Predator/ Reaper drone could not have been made by Orlan.

    It was most likely Forpost UAV. Well Orlan can fly quite fast and on significant altitudes, just when flying there its not suitable to track targets on the ground coz sensors are limiting it, doesnt mean it cant take shots of something flying couple hundred m from him in air.

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Cyberspec on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:53 am

    @Militarov

    OK, thanks....it doesn't sound completely implausible though

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3793
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:54 am

    Militarov wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:According to the Serbian 'Web Tribune' there was an incident on the Syrian-Turkish border whilst Su-24's were bombing 'Turkoman' rebels (apparently reinforced with regular Turkish Army commandoes). The Su-24's were chalenged by 3 x F-16's but dissengaged when Russian fighters arrived in the area...the report mentions 9 x Russian fighters....

    Arrow http://webtribune.rs/ruski-su-24-bombardovao-turske-dzihadiste-na-njega-krenula-3-turska-f-16-a-onda-su-dosli-ruski-lovci/#

    Web tribune tends sometimes to post clickbite articles, take this with reserve, big one, Baikal lake size reserve. I havent found anywhere else such info in Serbian media so some our local legit source is out of the question.

    Agreed, avoid Serbian media, they either make stuff up for clicks or translate and repost English language articles from MSM and RT in no particular order...

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Cyberspec on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:58 am

    Night strike - Hama province



    Aleppo province


    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Cyberspec on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:56 am

    The moment of the bombing of guided missiles on the city of Zamalka Rural Damascus 06/12/2015 (translation)


    Damascus area



    SyAAF MiG-23 bombing and deploying flares over East Ghouta
    https://twitter.com/DPRKJones/status/674001869430112256



    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4858
    Points : 4905
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Militarov on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:32 am

    "President Masoud Barzani said the Kurdistan region is welcoming any attacks against the Islamic State, but Russian attacks are hurting the region by closing its airports. “This issue needs to be solved and we ask Russia not to make problems for Kurdistan Region,” Barzani announced during a press conference with German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier on Tuesday. He said the Kurdistan Regional Government is in contact with Baghdad to resolve the problem of suspended flights at the International airports of Erbil, Duhok and Sulaimani provinces due to Russian missile attacks against ISIS in Syria.

    Barzani has welcomed Russian help for Peshmerga forces but said Russia has not yet been an active supporter.

    “So far (Russia) has only sent a minimal number of weapons,” Barzani said. Baghdad asked on late Sunday that the airports in Erbil and Sulaimani halt all flights for 48 hours in order to protect the safety of travelers. “We have been informed by Baghdad to halt the flights because of Russian jets attacking Daesh (ISIS) in Syria. This is for the safety of travelers,” Talar Faiyq, head of Erbil International Airport, told Rudaw late Sunday. She said all flights were halted for Monday and Tuesday and will not resume at least until Wednesday. This is the second time in less than a month that Baghdad halted flights in the Kurdistan region due to Russian attacks in northern Iraq airspace."


    Source: http://rudaw.net/NewsDetails.aspx?pageid=177521

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:07 pm

    Boo hoo.

    Maybe they shouldnt be aiding aggressors and terror supporters like Turkey.

    par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1069
    Points : 1206
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  par far on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:20 pm

    Militarov wrote:"President Masoud Barzani said the Kurdistan region is welcoming any attacks against the Islamic State, but Russian attacks are hurting the region by closing its airports. “This issue needs to be solved and we ask Russia not to make problems for Kurdistan Region,” Barzani announced during a press conference with German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier on Tuesday. He said the Kurdistan Regional Government is in contact with Baghdad to resolve the problem of suspended flights at the International airports of Erbil, Duhok and Sulaimani provinces due to Russian missile attacks against ISIS in Syria.

    Barzani has welcomed Russian help for Peshmerga forces but said Russia has not yet been an active supporter.    

    “So far (Russia) has only sent a minimal number of weapons,” Barzani said. Baghdad asked on late Sunday that the airports in Erbil and Sulaimani halt all flights for 48 hours in order to protect the safety of travelers. “We have been informed by Baghdad to halt the flights because of Russian jets attacking Daesh (ISIS) in Syria. This is for the safety of travelers,” Talar Faiyq, head of Erbil International Airport, told Rudaw late Sunday. She said all flights were halted for Monday and Tuesday and will not resume at least until Wednesday. This is the second time in less than a month that Baghdad halted flights in the Kurdistan region due to Russian attacks in northern Iraq airspace."


    Source: http://rudaw.net/NewsDetails.aspx?pageid=177521


    You cannot trust the Kurds and especially that asshole Barzani, that asshole is a NATO dog.

    iraqidabab
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 317
    Points : 332
    Join date : 2014-05-31

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  iraqidabab on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:20 pm

    he's turkey's dog

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3388
    Points : 3431
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  JohninMK on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:23 pm

    More on that attack on the SAA. Mmmm a twelve Tu-22 strike, wonder what CENTCOM made of that, especially with likely Flanker escorts on top of that, 20-25 aircraft? Quite a sight on the radar screens. My highlight. Note Moscow is quiet on this.

    Moreover, a U.S. military official said Washington was "certain" it was a Russian airstrike that hit the camp. U.S. officials cited coalition surveillance and other data they said showed that Russian aircraft launched airstrikes near the Syrian army camp. One senior official said the Russian aircraft were in the air around 9 p.m. Sunday near the city of Deir el-Zour, whereas the coalition aircraft were flying an hour earlier about 55 kilometers away. A senior U.S. official said radar tracked a dozen Russian TU-22 bombers that left Mozdok, Russia, traveled over the Caspian Sea, across portions of Iran and Iraq, and launched airstrikes in Raqqa, Deir el-Zour and Al Bukamal, Syria.

    Radar shows Russian bombers making seven passes over the city of Deir el-Zour dropping munitions, the official said, adding that one of the TU-22s made a pass over the area of the army camp within one minute of the explosion that killed the Syrian troops. Overall, the Russian bombers launched strikes in four locations around Deir el-Zour. The U.S. officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

    There was no immediate comment from Russian Defense Ministry.

    The U.S. officials said it was likely the Russians mistakenly hit the Syrian government camp. The U.S. military has been widely critical of Russia's often indiscriminate strikes, saying Moscow routinely uses so-called "dumb bombs" rather than the precision-guided munitions used by the coalition.

    The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which relies on activists in Syria, also reported the airstrikes and a similar death toll. The Observatory said the strikes were "believed" to have been carried out by the coalition. The planes hit the camp known as Sa'iqa, the Observatory said, though it gave a slightly different account, saying the camp is near the village of Ayyash in the western countryside of Deir el-Zour.

    A Facebook page used by Islamic State militants to post news said several coalition warplanes flew over IS positions about 8:30 p.m. Sunday, then headed toward areas controlled by the Syrian government and struck an arms depot in the village of Ayyash, west of Deir el-Zour. Several strong explosions were heard, it said.

    The city of Deir el-Zour is mainly held by the Islamic State group, but the Syrian government maintains a presence in some parts of it.

    http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2015/12/07/syria-alleges-us-airstrike-killed-and-injured-troops-but-us-blames-russia/76949746/

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:25 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:25 pm