Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+76
Airbornewolf
mack8
KiloGolf
Oguzhanoz
sweartome123
Odin of Ossetia
Rmf
wilhelm
VladimirSahin
ahmedfire
Walther von Oldenburg
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
JohnSnow
Big_Gazza
GunshipDemocracy
Giulio
Morpheus Eberhardt
BTRfan
kvs
higurashihougi
franco
Pirey
ExBeobachter1987
Regular
par far
Shadåw
Kimppis
PapaDragon
Dima
Svyatoslavich
Neutrality
headshot69
arpakola
Bolt
sepheronx
Project Canada
Godric
Monarchist
VBCI
Siempre_Leal
ultron
Erk
zorobabel
TheArmenian
iraqidabab
Fred333
whir
Acheron
ali.a.r
milforum.net
GarryB
Werewolf
auslander
Khepesh
Shitheads
max steel
SturmGuard
d_taddei2
Rodinazombie
Cyberspec
Cowboy's daughter
George1
Kadmos45
Vann7
JohninMK
OminousSpudd
flamming_python
Karl Haushofer
Firebird
marat
zg18
ult
Zivo
KoTeMoRe
BKP
Mustafa
80 posters

Russian Su-24 shootdown by Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter

Oguzhanoz
    Oguzhanoz

Russian Su-24 shootdown by Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter  - Page 22 Empty Hi

Post  Oguzhanoz Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:34 am

Hey people,i am new in here.
    I am from Turkey,and here to reply all your logical questions.I just found out this topic after the recent news.
    I'm not a fanboy,that i will only ask serious question with short answers.
    I haven't read all of the previous pages,because it will give wrong information for me.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Russian Su-24 shootdown by Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter  - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Su-24 shootdown by Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter

Post  Werewolf Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:41 am

You came here to answer questions?

I am confused, who asked questions to a person that nobody knew that it existed?

Does here anyone have questions to an uninvited and unasked questions in first place?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Russian Su-24 shootdown by Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter  - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Su-24 shootdown by Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:43 am

Oguzhanoz wrote:Hey people,i am new in here.
    I am from Turkey,and here to reply all your logical questions.I just found out this topic after the recent news.
    I haven't read all of the previous pages,because it will give wrong information for me.

Ok let's start.

1. What missile was used against SU-24M2.
    2. Engagement coordinates? Interceptor CC, Target CC.
    3. Why is Turkey lying about not knowing plane was Russian.
    4. Why did Turkey stopped its air transgression over Syria and Iraq?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:48 am

Werewolf wrote:You came here to answer questions?

I am confused, who asked questions to a person that nobody knew that it existed?

Does here anyone have questions to an uninvited and unasked questions in first place?

Oh why not, these people have to earn those liras somehow.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:49 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:

Will be hard for them to make liras going on this forum.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:50 am

So Mustafa was reprimanded for failing the mission (head giver Smile and new Turkish intel officer takes over?

I know what you will write so interested only in did Mustafa go to help " Turkmen moderate terrorist" where he´s gonna meet his Buratino in person?
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:51 am

Guys,

This post is for those members who believe in the existence of NATO.

However, I have to first apologize for breaking the forum rule regarding the inadmissibility of using Wikipedia (such a cesspool of disinformation), but in this case, as will become evident from the context, the use of Wikipedia with me adding some additional facts, which I witnessed, should be OK.

Wikipedia regarding the Battle of Kel'badzhar wrote:On April 30, 1993, Turkey and Pakistan co-sponsored United Nations Security Council Resolution 822 which called for Armenians in the region to withdraw immediately from Kelbajar and other areas of Azerbaijan. Turkey's President Turgut Özal called for military intervention on Azerbaijan's side and set forth on a tour of Turkic former Soviet republics on April 14. (Özal would die of a heart attack just three days later).

One thing Wikipedia fails to mention is that before Ozal's heart attack Russia had given an ultimatum, in response to Ozal's rhetoric, warning of massive military action against Turkey. I actually listened to Russia's ultimatum to Turkey, which was broadcast on the Radio Moscow.

There is more to this story, but maybe another time.

Note: Kel'badzhar is, of course, still part of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:55 am

I'll add some questions on top of Kotemore's

5. were the TuAF Wedgetail AWACS airborne during the incident?
    6. which unit did the F-16 that fired the missile belong?
    7. have turkish pilots received SAM locks recently?
    8. any incidents with RuAF Su-30 so far?
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:57 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:Guys,

This post is for those members who believe in the existence of NATO.

However, I have to first apologize for breaking the forum rule regarding the inadmissibility of using Wikipedia (such a cesspool of disinformation), but in this case, as will become evident from the context, the use of Wikipedia with me adding some additional facts, which I witnessed, should be OK.

Wikipedia regarding the Battle of Kel'badzhar wrote:On April 30, 1993, Turkey and Pakistan co-sponsored United Nations Security Council Resolution 822 which called for Armenians in the region to withdraw immediately from Kelbajar and other areas of Azerbaijan. Turkey's President Turgut Özal called for military intervention on Azerbaijan's side and set forth on a tour of Turkic former Soviet republics on April 14. (Özal would die of a heart attack just three days later).

One thing Wikipedia fails to mention is that before Ozal's heart attack Russia had given an ultimatum, in response to Ozal's rhetoric, warning of massive military action against Turkey. I actually listened to Russia's ultimatum to Turkey, which was broadcast on the Radio Moscow.

There is more to this story, but maybe another time.

Note: Kel'badzhar is, of course, still part of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.

Curious death, I remember it. Maybe some Russian tea blend with polonium?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:58 am

Well it always was like that when vassals go rogue and are not more usefull but harmful to the protectorate they mysteriously disappear, have accidents, presidential aircrafts fall out of the sky, or a scapegoat is made culprit of it for convinient reasons to turn the tide. So i would expect if something happens to erdogan and i would not shed a tear, then it would probably be blamed on ISIS to keep the nationalist in turkey at bay and trying to shift them anti ISIS rather than current position of pro ISIS, but the whole here is that ISIS is currently a western (USrael,Turkey, Saudi) proxy mercenaries and are still usefull to some extent so that can either only be blamed over two or three corners on russia, iran, china and syria or it goes totally shadowy and silent media wide. I would say if anyone gets blamed it is Syria or Iran.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:00 am

Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

Will be hard for them to make liras going on this forum.

Blyad, let em try maing. With turkish scared shitless to fly over Syria, everywhere over Syria and Iraq.

Shooting that Sukhoi basically saved countless Kurdish lives for now. That's martyrdom in its earnest.
    Oguzhanoz
    Oguzhanoz

Russian Su-24 shootdown by Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter  - Page 22 Empty To Kotemore

Post  Oguzhanoz Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:01 am

1. AIM-9X Sidewinder. It is a short range IR based missile. It has %100 kill ratio so far.
    2. I don't know how to add photo here but Turkish government released the radar map.There were 2 planes and 1 entered the Turkish airspace.
    3. Turkey is lying about the plane or not.You are sure about Turkey was lying,so no need to answer.
    But i can make a statement,hope it gives you another perspective about the situation.
    It is indicated that Russian military has connected with Turkish military about the flight zones and peace threathy about the planes over syria.There is no agreement for Russia to use Turkish airspace(that's almost impossible because of NATO). But it is agreed that to contact with 1 radia frequency with russian planes and it is always used so far.
    Su24 or whatever plane is understanable if only plane recognition signals are open.The plane may not be visible for eyes,but you can do it with signals.
    There are mostly russian and syrian planes over there,that syria already shot down and f/4 of Turkish air forces.So the rules for us works like-Start warning the plane from 10km away from border.It is done.But appearently the communication line was closed.Maybe because of the technical disabilities su-24m wasn't even aware that they are entering the Turkish airspace.
    4. The targets we hit is in irak and syria is on artillery range.But air forces has more than %90 hit rate and thats why we were using air force.I think goverment don't want to rise the tansion and gave it a break.We are still hitting but not that much for now.Turkey and Russia is unseperatable in this geography,but you know,things might be different in politics and on field.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:02 am

My question is why did the Turk people vote for Erdogan et al. in the first place and is it the time now to kick the a** of Erdogan et al. and replace them with a cleaner, less corrupted goverment ?

No offence here but I cannot stand the idiocy of Erdogan et al. any longer.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:03 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:1. What missile was used against SU-24M2.

It cannot be a radar-guided one, as I have explained previously. F-16's 20 mm gun is the most probable.

KoTeMoRe wrote:2. Engagement coordinates? Interceptor CC, Target CC.

Russians have said it already.

KoTeMoRe wrote:3. Why is Turkey lying about not knowing plane was Russian.

Because US didn't tell them before the event.

KoTeMoRe wrote:4. Why did Turkey stopped its air transgression over Syria and Iraq?

Because of the Russian ultimatum. Apparently they have stopped flying even within "their" boundaries.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:07 am

KiloGolf wrote:Curious death, I remember it. Maybe some Russian tea blend with polonium?

The implication that was being made, even from pro-Turkey quarters, was heart attack from the Russian ultimatum.
    Oguzhanoz
    Oguzhanoz

Russian Su-24 shootdown by Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter  - Page 22 Empty to kilogolf

Post  Oguzhanoz Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:09 am

Guys,i have an open facebook account etc. I am not an officer lol.Surely payed officers know many more than we know here and we are just sharing ideas in forums.We also have suck forums in Turkey.So please,everyone is sick of fanboys,i would also like to know about your perspective.I am not supporting anything.

5. Awacs ? No. i don't think so. There are always at least 5 planes over syrian and iraq border.most probably it was one of them.It wasn't a special mission.
    6. Well i am not sure.F-16's flight at least with 2. and one of them usually has A-A missiles.
    7. Yea everyday.After russia get into situation,syrian jets always lock when they are there.We used to get ground unit's locks.
    8. No,i haven't heared any so far.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:10 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:Guys, guys,

I am surprised that you have filled so many pages discussing this kind of stuff with the user Mustafa Oguzhanoz.

Considering that Turkey is a very primitive form of an Orwellian society, this user can only be an agent of those same foreign entities that are in immediate charge of that society; otherwise, he would have already been arrested for even posting the material he has posted here. What would be then the point of having conversations with him. This is his day job; he is a Tom Parsons.

check below my post, Mustafa´s boss has spoken Smile

I am sure you just noticed that, now that his cover is blown, he is struggling to keep his job. Too late. lol!

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:13 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Oguzhanoz wrote: ...

So Mustafa was reprimanded for failing the mission (... Smile  and new Turkish intel officer takes over?

thumbsup

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oguzhanoz
    Oguzhanoz

Russian Su-24 shootdown by Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter  - Page 22 Empty to higurashihougi

Post  Oguzhanoz Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:14 am

Well,why still medvedev and putin,or still Merkel.
    One man based goverments has stability,thats all.Not many people like Erdogan in Turkey.But stabilitiy lol.And the rival party leaders doesn'T look like they can do something if they are voted.
    Also,politics is some kinf of show off,or propaganda.They are doing this good,making sure everyone think that they are the best.
    Acheron
    Acheron

Post  Acheron Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:22 am

Mustafa wrote:
    Acheron wrote:
    Mustafa wrote:
    So tell me a solution in this that turkey can accept? You know the red line and you know that reality is that assad wont be accepted by anyone here.  

Here is an excellent solution that Turkey can and should accept: Syria remains undivided. Syrian constitution is altered to be more egalitarian and protective of minorities. Some form of decentralization, autonomy and representation is given to Syrian regions (maybe federation?). Various political parties are allowed to form and campaign freely. Parliament is empowered and president weakened by shifting Syria into a parliamentary republic. Elections for both upper and lower houses of parliament are held and new government formed. Presidential elections are held and are open to all candidates.

You really can't get better than that because:
    1) Turkmen and other minorities are protected and represented
    2) Praliamentary republic removes "dictator" mode from president
    3) Democratic process allows Syrian people to decide who represents them in executive/legislative branches of government

This is a very sensible solution, and unless the real motivation for Turkey is to grab land, this should be more than satisfactory.

I don´t think that guarantees our people security in syria and thats the core problem. For that turkey must give trust before anything positive happened. Explain me why syria would not use this time to counteract under russians support to launch a genocide?

This solution would be written up as a treaty, and would be binding and agreed upon by all major powers involved in the conflict, who will also act as guarantors of the agreement. Such a treaty would, in effect, become binding for all sides. Until the implementation of the peace process is complete, the various ethnicities will be allowed to reform their armed groups into local police forces under the control of the relevant autonomous regions. Additionally, I am sure that both Iran and Russia will manage to hold Syria on its leash. Also remember that Syria would be a parliamentary republic with Turkmen representatives in parliament and senate. This means that the president can't order unilateral punitive action against turkmen without having to go through parliament/senate, where such a stupid measure would be blocked by Turkmen representatives. Additionally, it would also be possible to organize an international monitoring mission (like OSCE mission in Ukraine) which would include Turkey and would monitor the security situation of the various ethnicities in the area and report directly to UN. Alternatively to a monitoring mission, a temporary international peacekeeping force could be deployed in Syria.

Essentially, the gist of the problem is not in enforcing a comprehensive solution to the conflict, but in getting all sides to agree on the finer points of the solution in the first place. For example, have a look at the Vienna talks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria_peace_talks_in_Vienna
    So far, the only common conclusion by all sides is that elections must happen and that talks on modifying Syrian constitution must commence. There are plenty more talks to be held before an agreement is fleshed out in its final form.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:27 am

working hard not to go to Syria like Mustafa did huh?

waht about Erdogan´s son in business with IGIL tankers (stole noil form terrorists) ? and Erdoga,´s dau "secret" hospital where terrorist can recover?

What is official statement of your superior representing current temporary govt?

Oguzhanoz wrote:1. AIM-9X Sidewinder. It is a short range IR based missile. It has %100 kill ratio so far.
    against unarmed bomber on outside your airspace? wow

Oguzhanoz wrote:
    There are mostly russian and syrian planes over there,that syria already shot down and f/4 of Turkish air forces.

Syrian and Russian learn English you turk

Oguzhanoz wrote:
    rate and thats why we were using air force.I think goverment don't want to rise the tansion and gave it a break.We are still hitting but not that much for now.Turkey and Russia is unseperatable in this geography,but you know,things might be different in politics and on field.

inseparable? no they don´t , with current suicidal pseud-ottoman politics Turkey is not for long. Kruds will finally have their own state Smile

Erdogna is begging US to help (like Suckashvili did) otherwise some nukes might be applied.
    Oguzhanoz
    Oguzhanoz

Russian Su-24 shootdown by Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter  - Page 22 Empty sorry

Post  Oguzhanoz Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:38 am

Russian Su-24 shootdown by Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter  - Page 22 LryDQB

Well,appearently everyone is begging to Russia.
    Well,there is a europe that says "i won't give you your ships",and you can say nothing.There is an Afghanistan,people with manpads and you just go back home.
    Well,please tell something logicall,something less "atomic".So i can give logical answers.
    Theese are aggressions.Soon everything will be normal/hence not forgotten.Well it is politics,maybe there will be a kurdish state,maybe not,who knows.But they were bro with usa a year ago,now they are bro with you.Digging minorities doesn't make your home a better place,as Russia learned it from Chechens.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:39 am

AFAIK turkey never acquired nor Raytheon made any deals for AIM-9X with turkey. The best they have are AIM-9M and L versions.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:40 am

Welcome to the forum! You may find yourself treated with suspicion or worse due to the current climate but dont let that put you off.

A reasonable voice from turkey atm would be very useful for the site.
    Acheron
    Acheron

Post  Acheron Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:40 am

Oguzhanoz wrote:1. AIM-9X Sidewinder. It is a short range IR based missile. It has %100 kill ratio so far.
    2. I don't know how to add photo here but Turkish government released the radar map.There were 2 planes and 1 entered the Turkish airspace.
    3. Turkey is lying about the plane or not.You are sure about Turkey was lying,so no need to answer.
    But i can make a statement,hope it gives you another perspective about the situation.
    It is indicated that Russian military has connected with Turkish military about the flight zones and peace threathy about the planes over syria.There is no agreement for Russia to use Turkish airspace(that's almost impossible because of NATO). But it is agreed that to contact with 1 radia frequency with russian planes and it is always used so far.
    Su24 or whatever plane is understanable if only plane recognition signals are open.The plane may not be visible for eyes,but you can do it with signals.
    There are mostly russian and syrian planes over there,that syria already shot down and f/4 of Turkish air forces.So the rules for us works like-Start warning the plane from 10km away from border.It is done.But appearently the communication line was closed.Maybe because of the technical disabilities su-24m wasn't even aware that they are entering the Turkish airspace.
    4. The targets we hit is in irak and syria is on artillery range.But air forces has more than %90 hit rate and thats why we were using air force.I think goverment don't want to rise the tansion and gave it a break.We are still hitting but not that much for now.Turkey and Russia is unseperatable in this geography,but you know,things might be different in politics and on field.

Here is a question from me:

1) Is it true that Turkish Ministry of Defense refused to provide to Russia the data pertaining to the supposed warnings issued by Turkish side?

2) Can you please link that radar photo from a Turkish radar? If it is the same picture as that released to the public just minutes after the incident, then it appears very different to data provided from Russian radar. Why do you think there is a difference?

3) What is the official version on the number of missiles fired? (at least AIM-9x seems consistent with trail analysis, Russian MoD statement, and the fact that the engine was hit, instead of a random hit on the fuselage if it the missile would have had a radar seeker)

Edit: FYI, please don't spread BS such as "AIM-9X sidewinder has a 100% kill rate", since no missile in the world has such capability. According to statistics, in total 452 Sidewinders were fired during the Vietnam War, resulting in a kill probability of 0.18.

Last edited by Acheron on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:04 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 am