Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #5

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #5

Post  Vann7 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Honestly a happy ending for middle east will be the European Union ,most of it..
    telling enough is enough to American policies and lifting Sanctions on Russia and
    joining Russia coalition..against ISIS.. and then declaring full scale economic Sanctions on Turkey at very least of its destructive Role in the Syrian war. Among this sanctions should include Ban tourism to Turkey and Freeze the bank accounts of major Turkey companies connected with Erdogan. and also ban on any trade with them.  Then provoke an Euromaidan in Turkey.. then Europe start supplying weapons to Kurds in turkey to fight erdogan.. that is a "Syrian revolution" on turkey reversed.. and disband Turkey in many parts.

What Turkey is doing in middle east is even worse that the Armenian genocide of millions of armenians by Turkey army..Because Turkey is threatening with its policies not only the lives of
    many millions in Syria and IRAQ..but also the security of Europe too.. This is by far the most
    inhuman aggression of any nation ,since NAZI germany began invasion of all Europe and Soviet Union.

That said

After all that Turkey have been doing for 5 years!!! already to Syria AND IRAQ.. following US policies but also their own ambitions to steal lands. That have caused millions and millions of
    Syrians and IRaquis to flee from their houses with hundreds of thousands killed by ISIS and Alqaeda terror. After all that.. Turkey Deserve to be invaded by a major international coalition
    of the entire World and divided in many parts.. and completely erase the Turkey name from the world map. Remove Turkey from the control of any gate to Europe..and give half of the country to KUrds to live in peace and the other half completely divided in zones with Russia and EU occupying Ankara capital after Turkey Army defeated.. and Put an end and for once to such Evil Nation .

Last edited by Vann7 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Dima on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Cyberspec wrote:60 or 70 x FAB-250 if I remember correctly. In any case, the Tu-22M3 can carry significantly more... in internal bay + a few more on 5 external pylons if needed

Maybe we get to see it fully loaded in the near future. I have been wishing to see a temporary forward operating base in Iran (to cater mainly for Saudi/Qatar and for Syria ops)..and if Russia do get such a basing in Iran, Tu-22M3 will not have to fly longer and will be able to carry more.

The FOAB 'might' be tested in Syria according to K. Sivkov, president of the academy for geopolitics

Arrow http://warfiles.ru/show-100451-rossiya-mozhet-primenit-v-sirii-sverhmoschnuyu-bombu-moschnostyu-40-tonn.html
    Hope they are keeping it ready in numbers as it needs to be used in the near future. Recent statements from the sponsors saying they will be taking the territory inside Syrian along the Turkish border has given a direction for FOABs first usage. In my personal opinion this is the region FOAB is to be used on ISIS so that its 300m footprint can also engulf the Turkish/US forces/allies. But make sure sure the leftist/communist YPG are advised to stay away from the fighting.

Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Dima on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:32 pm

Have the Russians started rotating the crews so that a wider base gets real combat exposure?

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  ult on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:50 pm

There are 4 crews per aircraft.

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:48 pm

Dima wrote:Have the Russians started rotating the crews so that a wider base gets real combat exposure?

There is a scheduled rotation after so many missions for air crew and time on ground for the others.

Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cyberspec on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:50 pm

Dima wrote:Maybe we get to see it fully loaded in the near future. I have been wishing to see a temporary forward operating base in Iran (to cater mainly for Saudi/Qatar and for Syria ops)..and if Russia do get such a basing in Iran, Tu-22M3 will not have to fly longer and will be able to carry more.

An Iranian base would be great and has been mentioned unofficially, but it might be a step too far at this point for Iran

KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KiloGolf on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:13 am

Good to see the air strikes on IS oil infrastructure.

But begs the question, how come we were bombarded in September with tons of sat photos of Russian deployment to Latakia, yet nowhere close the details on IS infastructure? oil fields? truck convoys? For one year of anti-IS ops??? wtf

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:16 am

Cyberspec wrote:
    Dima wrote:Maybe we get to see it fully loaded in the near future. I have been wishing to see a temporary forward operating base in Iran (to cater mainly for Saudi/Qatar and for Syria ops)..and if Russia do get such a basing in Iran, Tu-22M3 will not have to fly longer and will be able to carry more.

An Iranian base would be great and has been mentioned unofficially, but it might be a step too far at this point for Iran

I think Iranians are too nationalistic(with the positive term) to allow a base operating from any foreign country

Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cyberspec on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:29 am

George1 wrote:I think Iranians are too nationalistic(with the positive term) to allow a base operating from any foreign country

I agree but I wouldn't discount it completely...depends on events on the ground and wider region. I get the feeling it has been discussed.

----

Airstrikes and fighting footage compilation from the past day

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  ult on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:37 am

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:57 am

George1 wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:

I think Iranians are too nationalistic(with the positive term) to allow a base operating from any foreign country

That's so true
    for Iranians a foreign military base is equal to occupation of their country

Last edited by ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  ult on Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:04 am

The cruise missiles were launched over Iran.

Tu-154 over that area on 17th and 19th November.

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1585491.html

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:37 am

ult wrote:The cruise missiles were launched over Iran.

Excellent post, ult. Thanks.

So this was the 19/11/2015 raid?

Edit:

This was the first raid, wasn't it? The clips are edited, I suppose, and they announced that the Kh-101 and Kh-555 launches during the first raid occurred from Iran and the subsequent ones from Russia.

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  ult on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:04 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:

Excellent post, ult. Thanks.

So this was the 19/11/2015 raid?

Edit:

This was the first raid, wasn't it? The clips are edited, I suppose, and they announced that the Kh-101 and Kh-555 launchs during the first raid occurred from Iran and the subsequent ones from Russia.

On 17th Russia launched 34 cruise missiles, 16 missiles on 18th, and 12 on 19th. As reported by http://syria.mil.ru/

As for where they were launched from, they didn't give the exact answer. "From Russia" is rather vague and could be applied to the planes themselves. And the videos are usually at least a day late. The video was posted on November 19.

OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

Post  OminousSpudd on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:43 am

Geez Bellingcat has ruined me, I see good geo-location work and still all I can think of is that Elliot Higgins twat.

Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cyberspec on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:58 am

Allegedly over Hama  Shocked

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  ult on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:00 pm

A lot of videos of impacts and cruise missiles today.

https://twitter.com/sakirkhader/status/667648740749103105

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:00 pm

OminousSpudd wrote:Geez Bellingcat has ruined me, I see good geo-location work and still all I can think of is that Elliot Higgins twat.

That military expert with the american colt made MB-6D?

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Syrian government territorial gains just 0.4% since Russian military intervention

http://www.janes.com/article/56134/syrian-government-territorial-gains-just-0-4-since-russian-military-intervention

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:59 pm

max steel wrote:Syrian government territorial gains just 0.4% since Russian military intervention

http://www.janes.com/article/56134/syrian-government-territorial-gains-just-0-4-since-russian-military-intervention

Compared to 15% of ISIS territorial gains during US campaign, what does tis tell you?

SturmGuard
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  SturmGuard on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Well, if they capture the 1% that is Aleppo and surroundings, I'd say "Mission accomplished"

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:51 pm

Looks like VKS pilots started pimpin' out their helmets, I like it!!! thumbsup russia

Siempre_Leal
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Siempre_Leal on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:26 pm

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1585491.html

Good post ult

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  ult on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:05 pm

New launches from Caspian sea.

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant