Austin wrote:Check the news and most important the comment
Thats 56% more than the maximum estimate (LINK) up to now and sufficient for 57 years by today oil production. (Arctic not taken in the account).
It also places Russia right after Saudi Arabia with 181.132MMbbl
(counting in 100$/barrel) That is in terms of money 1.81e13 $
meaning 18 100 000 000 000 $
meaning 18.1 trillion $ meaning in 57 year Russia will earn each
year 317 bin $.
If we take in the account that tax is 55% that leaves Russian government 174.5 bin $ for the next 57 years.
Now we can play and say that during Russian rearmament it will spend 23 trillion rubles = roughly 700 bin $ / 174.5 bin $ = 4 years.
So if Russia would for the next 4 years spend all its money collected throughout oil taxes on military buildup it would take her only 4 years to complete the task. (even less since now is 2013)
And all this analysis does not take in the consideration GAS !
Russian gas reserves just increased 2.05 TIMES in comparison with projected reserves LINK and that would be sufficient by todays gas production in Russia for 103 years (without finding any new field ..... hint Arctic)
But what is most important in terms of money that would equal 8,8e12 $ which would make 8 800 000 000 000 $ or 8.8 trillion $ which in 103 year would give 85.57 bin $ per year and if we add taxes in the equation of roughly 45% we would get 38.5 bin $ per year on top of 174.5 bin $ from oil = 212 bin $ per year for at least 57 years.
As Putin said that oil and gas sector brings 50% of government budget and budget for 2012 was 414 bin $ and 50% from that is 207 bin $ which is very
close to my calculation = 212 bin $ per year.
- so Russia is increasing production as fast as it can to get most of the world energy market (oil, gas, nuclear, and lately still noticeable - green)
- nuclear / green technology will free more oil and gas in Russia for export
- Russia can freely look at the future planing how to spend every year more and more money from oil and gas in a smart and productive way
- getting more from cooperation with other countries with huge reserves (Venezuela and Iraq) hopefully (Iran, Brasil, Australia, Vietnam etc)
- developing arctic and by doing so developing new technologies (ship NPP, new icebreakers, investing in Murmansk, expeditionary military forces, new satellites etc)