Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News

Post  Werewolf on Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:05 pm

par far wrote:Can't believe no one talking about this.

"Russia may be running out of oil".

https://www.rt.com/business/334970-russia-oil-reserves-depletion-2035/

They keep telling stuff like that for the past 60 years and we are at the PEAK of oil production.

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:12 pm

Werewolf wrote:

They keep telling stuff like that for the past 60 years and we are at the PEAK of oil production.

Agreed, these prediction always have some lose ends, and how is this even possible with Russia not yet fully exploiting there Arctic regions?

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:16 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

Agreed, these prediction always have some lose ends, and how is this even possible with Russia not yet fully exploiting there Arctic regions?

Not to mention how many unexplored fields there must be in entire Russia, it is the largest country bigger than a few continents and still so many places undiscovered and unchecked for resources and this is kept that way due to the communist doctrine to keep russians away from russian resources which belong to an elite...according to the elite which controls still to many aspects in russia and with high fideltiy the resources cooperated with CBR scum.

JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  JohninMK on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Sounds like Moscow has an EU workaround, its not a Russian pipe at all, its Swiss.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — "Nord Stream 2 AG [operating company] has finalized its international tender for the supply of high-quality steel pipes for two pipelines…Deciding the tender now is a prerequisite for keeping the pipeline construction timeline with construction of both pipelines starting in 2018. Pipe deliveries are planned to start in September 2016," the operator's press release read.

In September, Russian energy giant Gazprom and its European partner companies signed a shareholders agreement on the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline. The signatories were Gazprom, E.On, Shell, OMV, BASF and Engie. The Swiss-based Nord Stream 2 AG company was created to operate the gas pipeline and its construction. Its chairman is former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroder.

Under conditions of the Nord Stream 2 AG tender, high-quality steel pipes for the project will be supplied by the German Europipe GmbH and the Russian United Metallurgical Company JSC (OMK) and Chelyabinsk Pipe-Rolling Plant JSC (Chelpipe) companies. These will provide 40, 33 and 27 percent of the pipes respectively, according to the press release.

Final negotiations and the contract signing are due to take place in the coming weeks, the statement added.

Nord Stream 2 could provide up to 55 billion cubic meters of direct gas supplies from Russian shores through the Baltic Sea, bypassing Baltic states and Poland, to the German coast. The project has met opposition from some EU member states, such as Poland and the Czech Republic, over fears of increased energy dependence on Russia. Germany has consistently supported the project.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20160311/1036158183/nord-stream-signed.html#ixzz42dPBxeKN

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:42 pm

Nothing surprising here. Oil fields don't last forever and it is a fact that globally the discovery of new oil fields of any significance has basically
    collapsed. The current conventional oil field discovery rate is only 1/8 (i.e. 12.5%) of that needed to maintain existing reserves. It has been
    non-conventional oil production in the USA and biofuels globally that has kept the illusion of that oil supply is unconstrained. The current oil
    "glut" can disappear in a very short period of time if enough US fracking operations shut down. In addition, Saudi Arabia is a "dead man walking"
    and its crown jewel Ghawar (the largest oil field on the planet and another such as it will never be discovered) will undergo the same collapse
    that the Yibal field experienced in Oman. When the water to oil ratio hits around 45:55 there will be an inversion of the emulsion regime in the
    rock matrix. Right now oil flows through the rock matrix with microscopic water droplet inclusions, it will phase change to a regular emulsion where
    it will be the water that flows and the oil droplets will remain trapped in the rock. Ghawar is a very old field and is very close to this transition.
    So we can see the disappearance of 10 million barrels per day of production over the span of a few years from production failure in many locations.

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Werewolf wrote:

A trick to increase oil price ? After all, Obama shale oil is dead already and there is no reason to keep the price low.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Energy: cost of oil production in Russia is $ 2 per barrel РИА Новости http://ria.ru/economy/20160322/1394898552.html#ixzz43lQF8MA4

If this is the case, then the energy companies in Russia are still making a boatload of money.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Rosneft and Bashneft are ready for privatization — source

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/economy/869846

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:17 pm

Kuwait Plans to Buy Up to 1,5Mln Tonnes of Russian LNG Annually Read more: http://sputniknews.com/business/20160422/1038469022/kuwait-lng-russia-deal.html#ixzz46aYBgsAw

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:22 pm

Lukoil to drill for oil in Baltic Sea

They found oil in the Baltic Sea. Just too bad for the haters, that too belongs to Russia. In which currency will they be selling this oil & their natural resources?

If any nation sells their products or services in another entity's currency, then that entity controls that resource & nation, by default.

In which currencies does Russia sell its natural resources? Why? Who, therefore, are the owners of its monetary policies and its rulers?

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:46 am

As far as I know, Russian oil are sold in dollar but the price are fixed to ruble.

Which means, while Russian oil in USD may up and down, Russian oil in ruble stay roughly the same.

Which means, oil price in USD is controlled by ruble exchange ratio. And by Russian goverment.

Pls correct me if I am wrong. pwnd pwnd

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:54 pm

^
    It is for now, but:
    Decade-Old Dream Realized as Russia to Price Its Own Oil

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:59 pm

sepheronx wrote:^
    It is for now, but:
    Decade-Old Dream Realized as Russia to Price Its Own Oil

WHAT A CONICIDENCE!

was going to post the same article : http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-28/putin-s-decade-old-dream-realized-as-russia-to-price-its-own-oil.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Russian Gas Production to Stand at Same Level in 2016 as Previous Year

According to the Russian energy minister, the gas production in the country will stand at around the same level in 2016.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Russia's Ministry of Energy expects that the gas production in the country will stand at around the same level in 2016 as in 2015, Energy Minister Alexander Novak said Monday.

"We plan to reach approximately the same levels by the end of the year as we did last year," Novak said during a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Moreover, according to Novak, Russia will gain full independence in oil production from imported technologies by 2019.

Novak said Gazpromneft is conducting trial tests of specimens developed by Russian enterprises at the Vyngapurovsk field.

"After these pilot tests, industrial production will be fully established by 2019, in other words we will completely eliminate dependence on imported technologies," he underscored.

The minister noted that work was underway to develop software and telecommunications equipment previously bought abroad.

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160725/1043592358/minister-gas-russia-production.html

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Back to business.

https://www.rt.com/business/353350-russia-turkish-stream-negotiations/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

Turkey has confirmed it’s ready to continue negotiations on the Turkish Stream gas pipeline project, said Russian Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich as representatives from the energy ministries of the two countries met on Tuesday.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:47 am

Good.

This deal was going to be good for Turkey and for Russia... I would like to see it go ahead.

I suspect the whole idea is to separate itself from the whining EU... deliver it to Turkey and they can deliver it to EU on their terms... ie not Russias problem any more.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:09 am

Sad news for Nord Stream 2

Poland Roadblocks Russia's Nord Stream 2 Pipeline

Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Project Canada on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:48 am

Austin wrote:Sad news for Nord Stream 2

such an unfortunate development, USA and its dog Poland won't stop in their dirty tricks to sabotage Russia whenever possible

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Austin wrote:Sad news for Nord Stream 2

Poland and its master, Uncle Scam, are under the delusion that Russia gives a f*ck. Transit of gas via Banderastan
    will stop by 2018 regardless of the completion of Nord Stream II or not. These clowns actually expect Russia to subsidize
    the butchers in Kiev. Russia is not that desperate and not that stupid.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:45 pm

BTW, please do not link to Forbes, cut and paste some relevant quotes. It is a garbage website that insists adblocking software be
    disabled. I am not going to expose my computer to malicious javascript that is part of these precious ads that installs malware. I have
    burned myself once already by disabling adblocking on a website.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:20 pm

http://www.nord-stream2.com/media-info/news/signatories-of-nord-stream-2-shareholder-agreement-withdraw-merger-clearance-application-in-poland-22/

Signatories of Nord Stream 2 Shareholder Agreement Withdraw Merger Clearance Application in Poland

-Implementation of Nord Stream 2 proceeds as planned
    -Prospective Shareholders to continue close cooperation

Aug. 12, 2016 | Zug | The signatories of the Nord Stream 2 AG shareholders’ agreement have today withdrawn their application for a merger clearance proceeding in Poland. This decision does not affect implementation of the project, which continues as planned.

The decision only affects the acquisition of the existing project company’s shares by Gazprom’s Western partners. The current ownership of shares in Nord Stream 2 AG remains unchanged. The implementation schedule of the Nord Stream 2 project also remains unchanged. The prospective shareholders will continue their close cooperation and their mutual efforts towards strengthening the security of the European gas supply.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:15 am

kvs wrote:BTW, please do not link to Forbes, cut and paste some relevant quotes.   It is a garbage website that insists adblocking software be
    disabled.   I am not going to expose my computer to malicious javascript that is part of these precious ads that installs malware.   I have

I was not aware of such a thing can happen , Any tip on how to clean up the malware from computer , I am sure it must be there in my machine that I may not be aware of ?

Any recommendation on good AV and anti-Malware SW ? Thanks

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:41 pm

Rosneft Discovers New Oil Deposit in Russia's Irkutsk Region

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:22 pm

Austin wrote:
    kvs wrote:BTW, please do not link to Forbes, cut and paste some relevant quotes.   It is a garbage website that insists adblocking software be
    disabled.   I am not going to expose my computer to malicious javascript that is part of these precious ads that installs malware.   I have

I was not aware of such a thing can happen , Any tip on how to clean up the malware from computer , I am sure it must be there in my machine that I may not be aware of ?

Malwarebytes is traditionally the most powerful of the anti-malware software around. Malwarebytes chameleon is recommended and to run it in safe mode to be most effective. Its free too for just scanning and cleaning, but not for active protection. Free one that is for active is avast that is good nod32 and Kaspersky for paid (not worth it imo).

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:40 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Austin wrote:

Malwarebytes is traditionally the most powerful of the anti-malware software around. Malwarebytes chameleon is recommended and to run it in safe mode to be most effective. Its free too for just scanning and cleaning, but not for active protection. Free one that is for active is avast that is good nod32 and Kaspersky for paid (not worth it imo).

My recommendations would be:

1)Malewarebytes
    2)SUPERantispyware (great for tracking cookies)
    3)Spybot Search&Destroy (mostly for immunization)
    4)SecureAPlus (multiple AV-engines)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:04 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:04 am