Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Share
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2924
    Points : 2956
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  franco on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:31 pm

    News Airborne

           January 21 13:47

       Currently, the process of the transfer of production of armored vehicles for the Airborne Troops from Barrow in Volgograd, said Thursday the commander of the Airborne Troops Colonel-General Vladimir Shamanov.
       "The first phase, which lasted one and a half years, has been successfully completed. The problem will be solved by 2018," - said V.Shamanov.
       According to the commander, the development of armored vehicles for the Airborne is the process of unification of the Land Forces with armored vehicles. "Fighting vehicle BMD-4M 60% standardized on units with infantry fighting vehicles BMP-3" - the general said.
       He noted that now the site of Volgograd Tractor Plant are testing BMD-4M combat unit of the BMP-3.
       "As part of the development work" Zauralets "we have by the end of 2016 there will be two samples of the new 122-mm guns. Ends modernization of antitank guns" Octopus "- said the commander.
       He said that "in coordination with the Military-Industrial Commission carried out development work" Typhoon "to create desantiruemye" KAMAZ "with the fifth level of protection." "The metal machine should appear in the second half of 2016," - said V.Shamanov.
       Speaking about the prospects generated by the equipment in the compounds Airborne tank companies, he said that "the Airborne Troops will receive a T-72B3 tanks."

       In 2016 we plan to get about 140 combat vehicles BMD-4M and 90 BTR-MDM ", - the general said on Thursday.
       The commander said that in 2015 the Airborne Troops continued to increase the pace of equipping the troops with new weapons and special equipment, in particular, the compounds of the Airborne Troops received 34 units of BMD-4M and BTR-MDM, portable anti-aircraft missile systems "Willow."
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11483
    Points : 11956
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  George1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:49 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Russia is testing the antitank artillery "Robot"


    The machine antitank artillery "Robot" on the basis of a multi-purpose armored desantiruemye "Rakushka" is currently being tested, said Commander of the Airborne Troops Colonel-General Vladimir Shamanov.


    http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160121/1362807789.html


    do we have any info what type of ATGM will carry? Kornet probably?

    Old BTR-RD 'Robot' carries 9M113 "Konkurs"
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11483
    Points : 11956
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  George1 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:24 am

    franco wrote:
       In 2016 we plan to get about 140 combat vehicles BMD-4M and 90 BTR-MDM ", - the general said on Thursday.

    It sound too big numbers, i hope it will be of that amount russia
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1807
    Points : 1958
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  TheArmenian on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:31 am

    George1 wrote:
    franco wrote:
       In 2016 we plan to get about 140 combat vehicles BMD-4M and 90 BTR-MDM ", - the general said on Thursday.

    It sound too big numbers, i hope it will be of that amount russia

    Actually it is low numbers.
    The plan is to build a few thousand BMD-4M and Rakushkas.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5909
    Points : 5944
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  Militarov on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:33 am

    George1 wrote:
    franco wrote:
       In 2016 we plan to get about 140 combat vehicles BMD-4M and 90 BTR-MDM ", - the general said on Thursday.

    It sound too big numbers, i hope it will be of that amount russia

    Considering fact how big are the needs is not that much. But its good that new vehicles are still coming into service.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11483
    Points : 11956
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    BMD-4M IFV

    Post  George1 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:33 am

    TheArmenian wrote:
    George1 wrote:
    franco wrote:
       In 2016 we plan to get about 140 combat vehicles BMD-4M and 90 BTR-MDM ", - the general said on Thursday.

    It sound too big numbers, i hope it will be of that amount russia

    Actually it is low numbers.
    The plan is to build a few thousand BMD-4M and Rakushkas.

    yes but to 2025 i think. The numbers above are for 2016 only

    Atakor

    Posts : 38
    Points : 40
    Join date : 2015-08-24

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  Atakor on Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:39 pm

    Quick question for you guys: how is the amphibious capacity of the BMD-4M/ BTR-MDM ? I read somewhere it has been proposed to Russian Marines.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5909
    Points : 5944
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  Militarov on Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:47 pm

    Atakor wrote:Quick question for you guys: how is the amphibious capacity of the BMD-4M/ BTR-MDM ? I read somewhere it has been proposed to Russian Marines.

    Its decent, has speed of 10km/h on water loaded. However i doubt they will end up in hands of naval infantry i belive they mentioned BMP3 variant being issued to them in future to replace PT76 which would be logical due to their armament and APC role will be at least for now filled with BTR80AM, short term idea is to get rid of BTR60s. BMP3 has similar if not better amphibious capabilities of BMD4 and variants.

    Atakor

    Posts : 38
    Points : 40
    Join date : 2015-08-24

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  Atakor on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:04 pm

    Thanks Wink
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 2676
    Points : 2716
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:29 pm

    George1 wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Russia is testing the antitank artillery "Robot"


    The machine antitank artillery "Robot" on the basis of a multi-purpose armored desantiruemye "Rakushka" is currently being tested, said Commander of the Airborne Troops Colonel-General Vladimir Shamanov.


    http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160121/1362807789.html


    do we have any info what type of ATGM will carry? Kornet probably?

    Old BTR-RD 'Robot' carries 9M113 "Konkurs"

    Unfortunately I did not have a chance to find out more. I was a bit surprised why they call this "artillery" unlike other AGTMs carrier, maybe this is piece or artillery? but then why not Sprut?!
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11483
    Points : 11956
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  George1 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:38 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    George1 wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Russia is testing the antitank artillery "Robot"


    The machine antitank artillery "Robot" on the basis of a multi-purpose armored desantiruemye "Rakushka" is currently being tested, said Commander of the Airborne Troops Colonel-General Vladimir Shamanov.


    http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160121/1362807789.html


    do we have any info what type of ATGM will carry? Kornet probably?

    Old BTR-RD 'Robot' carries 9M113 "Konkurs"

    Unfortunately I did not have a chance to find out more. I was a bit surprised why they call this "artillery"  unlike other AGTMs carrier, maybe this is piece or artillery? but then why not Sprut?!

    "Ροbot" has to do with ATGM
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2924
    Points : 2956
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  franco on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:48 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    George1 wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Russia is testing the antitank artillery "Robot"


    The machine antitank artillery "Robot" on the basis of a multi-purpose armored desantiruemye "Rakushka" is currently being tested, said Commander of the Airborne Troops Colonel-General Vladimir Shamanov.


    http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160121/1362807789.html


    do we have any info what type of ATGM will carry? Kornet probably?

    Old BTR-RD 'Robot' carries 9M113 "Konkurs"

    Unfortunately I did not have a chance to find out more. I was a bit surprised why they call this "artillery"  unlike other AGTMs carrier, maybe this is piece or artillery? but then why not Sprut?!

    Any ATGM vehicle mounted solely for antitank belongs to the artillery as does the Sprut.

    Considering the Airborne has been experimenting/training with the Kornet lately would expect that to be the new ATGM.
    avatar
    Book.

    Posts : 696
    Points : 755
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  Book. on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:36 am

    А таких девушек 8 марта мы также поздравляем и с 23 февраля!


    https://twitter.com/Rogozin/status/707117070408929280

    BMD4 girl the beauty.

    Mirlo

    Posts : 8
    Points : 12
    Join date : 2016-04-02

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  Mirlo on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:39 am

    Could some one clarify to me if the BMD-4 is in service and about what numbers? also what about the BMD-4M has it enetered service?

    Best regards

    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2924
    Points : 2956
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  franco on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:02 am

    Mirlo wrote:Could some one clarify to me if the BMD-4 is in service and about what numbers? also what about the BMD-4M has it enetered service?

    Best regards


    First 22 BMD-4M delivered in 2015.
    There are also 30-40 BMD-3/4. Mostly for testing but it was considered unsatisfactory so the 4M was developed.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11483
    Points : 11956
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  George1 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:53 am

    Source: BMD-4M and BTR-MDM adopted by Russian Army

    "Machines have been successfully tested and performed well during the military operation," - said the source

    MOSCOW, April 29 / TASS /. Airborne combat vehicle BMD-4M ( "gardener") and BTR-MDM ( "Shell"), produced by Concern "Tractor plants", have adopted the Russian army. This was reported by TASS a source in the Russian Defense Ministry.

    "Machines have been successfully tested and performed well during the military operation of the Russian Federation Government Resolution on the adoption of machines went into service in mid-April.", - Said the source.

    Track BMD-4M "gardener" is an updated version of BMD-4 with a new body, engine, chassis, and other nodes. It is equipped with a combat unit "Bakhcha-In", which is composed of 100-mm caliber guns and 30 mm, as well as a machine gun.

    Desantiruemye BTR-MDM "Shell" and is based on the BMD-4 for replacement troops BTR-D, put into service as early as the 1970s.

    Earlier, the first vice-president and co-owner of "Tractor plants" Albert tanks Tass said that the company is ready to produce up to 200 BMD-4 armored personnel carriers and MDM-annually since 2016. It was reported that in the framework of the existing contract of the Russian Federation Ministry of Defence shall, within three years to get up to 250 of these combat vehicles and armored personnel carriers.

    Подробнее на ТАСС:
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/3250259&usg=ALkJrhh1y4PQwf8ua81xZrtFmrVD3gu9Lg
    avatar
    Book.

    Posts : 696
    Points : 755
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  Book. on Thu May 05, 2016 9:12 am

    World's first air-droppable missile system being developed for Russian Airborne Forces
    May 04, 11:37 UTC+3

    MOSCOW, May 4. /TASS/. The world's first air-droppable air defense missile system is being created for the Russian Airborne Forces on the basis of the BMD-4M combat vehicle, a source in the Russian Defense Ministry told TASS on Wednesday.

    "The work is underway on the on the creation of an air-droppable anti-aircraft missile defense system based on the BMD-4M airborne combat vehicle. The experimental design work is codenamed Ptitselov (Fowler)," the source said.
    According to him, the system will be parachuted.

    The Russian Airborne Forces currently have in service various modifications of the Strela-10 air defense missile system the basic model of which had been made operational in 1976.

    The track-mounted Sadovnitsa BMD-4M combat vehicle is a version of the BMD-4 vehicle with a new body, engine, chassis and other units. It is equipped with the Bakhcha-U combat unit, which comprises two guns - one of 100-mm caliber and another - of 30-mm caliber, and a machine gun. Previously, a Russian Defense Ministry source told TASS that the BMD-4M vehicle, along with the BTR-MDM (Rakushka) armored personnel carrier entered service. According to other previous reports, under the existing contract the Russian Defense Ministry should receive within three years up to 250 of these airborne combat vehicles and armored personnel carriers.

    More:
    http://tass.ru/en/defense/873741
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 2676
    Points : 2716
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu May 05, 2016 11:09 am

    Book. wrote:World's first air-droppable missile system being developed for Russian Airborne Forces
    May 04, 11:37 UTC+3

    MOSCOW, May 4. /TASS/. The world's first air-droppable air defense missile system is being created for the Russian Airborne Forces on the basis of the BMD-4M combat vehicle, a source in the Russian Defense Ministry told TASS on Wednesday.

    "The work is underway on the on the creation of an air-droppable anti-aircraft missile defense system based on the BMD-4M airborne combat vehicle. The experimental design work is codenamed Ptitselov (Fowler)," the source said.
    According to him, the system will be parachuted.

    The Russian Airborne Forces currently have in service various modifications of the Strela-10 air defense missile system the basic model of which had been made operational in 1976.

    The track-mounted Sadovnitsa BMD-4M combat vehicle is a version of the BMD-4 vehicle with a new body, engine, chassis and other units. It is equipped with the Bakhcha-U combat unit, which comprises two guns - one of 100-mm caliber and another - of 30-mm caliber, and a machine gun. Previously, a Russian Defense Ministry source told TASS that the BMD-4M vehicle, along with the BTR-MDM (Rakushka) armored personnel carrier entered service. According to other previous reports, under the existing contract the Russian Defense Ministry should receive within three years up to 250 of these airborne combat vehicles and armored personnel carriers.

    More:
    http://tass.ru/en/defense/873741


    Anti-aircraft missile system, called "Fowler", will parachute from the aircraft with parachutes and will be able to provide Marines protection from those flying machines of the enemy, which operate at high and medium altitudes. The new complex will be comparable to anti-aircraft missile and gun complexes "Armour-S2", range which is about 30 kilometers, says the auth

    http://ria.ru/arms/20160505/1426859004.html
    avatar
    Book.

    Posts : 696
    Points : 755
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  Book. on Thu May 05, 2016 5:29 pm

    Russia to focus on re-equipping airborne forces
    Nikolai Novichkov, Moscow - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly | 05 May 2016

    Here: http://www.janes.com/article/60022/russia-to-focus-on-re-equipping-airborne-forces

    The re-equipment of Russian Airborne Forces (VDV) with new military hardware is a priority for the Russian Ministry of Defence (MoD) and is enshrined in the 2025 State Armament Programme, according to the VDV's chief, Army General Vladimir Shamanov.

    He said on 2 May that the "current course of international events" near Russia's borders and in the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) countries has a tendency to aggravation. "Hence the VDV, being a mobile rapid task force, is to take the priority in the rearmament process. We are taking such priority, as the share of modern and upgraded equipment (for VDV) in the 2025 State Rearmament programme is increasing," Gen Shamanov said.

    Under the current armament programme the VDV was to be 30% armed with modern equipment by the end of 2015, and 70% by the end of 2020. "Last year we reported … that VDV was re-armed with new and upgraded military hardware [to a level of] 41%. Hence, we are ahead of schedule," said Gen Shamanov. He mentioned that currently the VDV is receiving Ratnik advanced soldier kits, upgraded artillery and rocket-artillery systems, as well as new sniper rifles, small arms, and light weapons. Unmanned equipment for the service is also being developed, he added.

    According to Gen Shamanov, the VDV will soon reveal its new 120mm Zauralets-D air-droppable self-propelled gun (SPG). "Zauralets-D will be demonstrated for the first time in the near future. The 120mm SPG will feature improved accuracy, firing range, and other specifications," he said. Zauralets-D will be based on the same chassis as the BMD-4M and BTR-MDM vehicles, deliveries of which started in 2015.

    The Russian defence industry is also producing a mock-up of the new Taifun (Typhoon) armoured vehicle intended for the VDV, Gen Shamanov said. "Russian industry has developed a 4x4 armoured car intended for special forces, and special and reconnaissance units of VDV under the Taifun programme.

    cheers
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 2676
    Points : 2716
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu May 05, 2016 7:56 pm

    Book. wrote: cheers:


    Just wondering why VDV thread is here and one more time as separate arms component like navy or AF?



    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2924
    Points : 2956
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  franco on Thu May 05, 2016 10:18 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Book. wrote: cheers:


    Just wondering why VDV thread is here and one more time as separate arms component like navy or AF?




    Maybe because in the Russian Military the VDV is separate dunno
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11483
    Points : 11956
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  George1 on Fri May 06, 2016 12:27 am

    [quote="franco"]
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Book. wrote: cheers:


    Just wondering why VDV thread is here and one more time as separate arms component like navy or AF?

    Maybe because in the Russian Military the VDV is separate dunno

    Exactly. thumbsup VDV is a separate branch of Russian Armed Forces russia
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11483
    Points : 11956
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  George1 on Sat May 14, 2016 1:03 pm

    Russian Airborne Troops will receive 144 new armored assault vechiles in 2016

    According to the Defense Ministry to the current contract should be for three years to get up to 250 BMD-4M and BTR-MDM

    MOSCOW, May 14th. / TASS /. Airborne troops of Russia this year will receive 144 combat vehicles BMD-4M, Tass said Deputy Managing Director of Instrument Design Bureau (KBP) in the direction of armor Nikolai Khokhlov.

    "Last year we did something that was given the contract - five of them, then at the request of deputy defense minister before the new year added to them five more and they left on time this year we have 144 pieces..", - Said Khokhlov.

    Earlier it was reported that according to the current contract, the Defense Ministry shall, within three years to get up to 250 BMD-4M and BTR-MDM.

    Track BMD-4M is an updated version of BMD-4 with a new body, engine, chassis, and other nodes. It is equipped with a combat unit "Bakhcha-In", which is composed of 100 caliber gun and 30mm as well as a machine gun.

    Подробнее на ТАСС:
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/3281097&usg=ALkJrhiqV7IByUSjEChEU7iEHGgPHm3gxA
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2924
    Points : 2956
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  franco on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:01 pm

    MOSCOW, July 15 -. RIA Novosti Russian Defense Ministry took 33 airborne combat vehicles in the first half I, said the director of the structural unit of "Volgograd machine-building company" Kurganmashzavod "Fuzuli Seyfedov during a single day of acceptance of military products.

    "Within the framework of the state defense order in 2016 to exploit the military units of the Airborne Troops dispatched 18 units of BMD-4M. Currently, 15 more units of BMD-4M produced in accordance with the requirements of normative-technical documentation and conditions of the state contract, accepted the military Mission and ready for shipment "- Seyfedov said.

    According to him, the serial production of BMD-4M combat vehicles carried out by 2015.

    "The obligations of the enterprise within the framework of the state defense order in 2016 will be fully implemented," - said Seyfedov.
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1807
    Points : 1958
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  TheArmenian on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:17 pm


    Sponsored content

    Re: BMD-4M and BTR-MD Rakushka:

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:26 pm