Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Share

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3550
    Points : 3585
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:27 pm

    It's a case of everybody's campaign now. 10 AM slight chance of US sand pounding, then 01 PM serious possibility of French violent strikes, but fret not those will be surgical. Alas by 04 PM Russian massive chemotherapy will probably rase half the neighbourhood, if you survived the french vaccine you better be in Turkey by then.

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Dima on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:31 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:It's a case of everybody's campaign now. 10 AM slight chance of US sand pounding, then 01 PM serious possibility of French violent strikes, but fret not those will be surgical. Alas by 04 PM Russian massive chemotherapy will probably rase half the neighbourhood, if you survived the french vaccine you better be in Turkey by then.
    Laughing

    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 111
    Points : 114
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Fred333 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:35 pm

    heh! respekt

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Dima on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:39 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:there's no fire from the ground in there, and as for getting lucky, that's golden bullet kind of lucky.
    That is pretty confident.
    How far can you see to be so sure there was absolutely no fire from the ground?
    I can see only whats inside the FOV of the camera and the hill, nothing beyond it. Moreover the camera zooms in only after it sees the explosion.

    Every AA bullet that hits a low flying a/c is a golden bullet as well.

    Bidoul
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 54
    Points : 56
    Join date : 2015-06-30

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Bidoul on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:26 pm

    Again if it's a Klub that's fairly normal, same for other type of missiles the SAA uses, it's just a stage of the missile dropping down after separation.

    If it's a Kh-55 all of them are near their expiration date and the Russian inventory is made of soviets ones in direct inheritance (which might have been stored properly) but also of various disguised aid programs and re-buying from other ex-soviet states (most notably ukrainian) that spent years unattended, so some of them failing isn't surprising either.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3550
    Points : 3585
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:27 pm

    Dima wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:there's no fire from the ground in there, and as for getting lucky, that's golden bullet kind of lucky.
    That is pretty confident.
    How far can you see to be so sure there was absolutely no fire from the ground?
    I can see only whats inside the FOV of the camera and the hill, nothing beyond it. Moreover the camera zooms in only after it sees the explosion.

    Every AA bullet that hits a low flying a/c is a golden bullet as well.

    It's not the actual recording sound, the real footage indicates loud boom without ZSU fire. Lemme get it for you.

    Bidoul
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 54
    Points : 56
    Join date : 2015-06-30

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Bidoul on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:35 pm

    The really scary part is that we have some video with missiles flying overhead, the VKS videos showing various planes in formation (including the Tu-22M) doing carpet bombing runs but nothing from the ground...

    Did they blast the entire internet/electricity gird?

    IS there no Allah ackbar shouting cameraman left alive?

    ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 621
    Points : 661
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:56 pm

    "Elimination of tanker vehicle columns, which were transporting oil products in the interests of terrorist armed groups"




    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Werewolf on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:30 pm

    Why is there not a single human next to those tankers? Looks like a plain desert with nothing in remote distance trucks are all obviously unoccupied since noone tried to flee from the bombs.

    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 111
    Points : 114
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Fred333 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:31 pm

    ult wrote:"Elimination of tanker vehicle columns, which were transporting oil products in the interests of terrorist armed groups"




    Unbelievable, it is stuff like this that makes me believe the US (+ allies) has been hardly trying to combat IS at all, because it is a convenient group for them in some ways.

    Edit: any context to these videos? Are these ISIS trucks? Nusra? Formerly seen alive?


    Last edited by Fred333 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Dima on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:32 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Dima wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:there's no fire from the ground in there, and as for getting lucky, that's golden bullet kind of lucky.
    That is pretty confident.
    How far can you see to be so sure there was absolutely no fire from the ground?
    I can see only whats inside the FOV of the camera and the hill, nothing beyond it. Moreover the camera zooms in only after it sees the explosion.

    Every AA bullet that hits a low flying a/c is a golden bullet as well.

    It's not the actual recording sound, the real footage indicates loud boom without ZSU fire. Lemme get it for you.
    Yes plz do. Havn't seen that video with original sound.
    But for now, decouple that sound from the visuals...its immaterial to that explosion and the video content.

    From the video recording, I came to two plausible sequence and why I think it was a shoot down.
    1) The person taking that video waited for the (next) cruise missile to come (probably after he saw one or two pass by) and videotaped it as it it passed over his LOS untill it was far off....so he zoomed out from his last recorded location....its probably then that an explosion occurred and he zoomed back in to the area.
    2) The person with the cam saw/heard something (or maybe even a cruise missile) coming to/pass over him and by the time he could get a close up it had flew away...so the person just kept the cam to its general direction (or maybe he zoomed in and after the object disappeared off the screen zoomed out) and then the explosion happened which made the person to zoom in to that direction again.

    Also, its not a mobile cam video...its a proper camcoder/recorder with good optical zoom. The video is just a cropped version without its original audio or with a corrupted audio.

    The only other reasons (if it is the cruise missiles) could be a technical failure or initiated self destruction.

    Bolt
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 105
    Points : 113
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Age : 29
    Location : Lithuania

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Bolt on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:45 pm

    Bidoul wrote:The really scary part is that we have some video with missiles flying overhead, the VKS videos showing various planes in formation (including the Tu-22M) doing carpet bombing runs but nothing from the ground...

    Did they blast the entire internet/electricity gird?

    IS there no Allah ackbar shouting cameraman left alive?


    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Dima on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:55 pm

    Fred333 wrote:Unbelievable, it is stuff like this that makes me believe the US (+ allies) has been hardly trying to combat IS at all, because it is a convenient group for them in some ways.

    Edit: any context to these videos? Are these ISIS trucks? Nusra? Formerly seen alive?
    It was always an open secret who was behind this. Its just that the western MSM just dont talk about it.
    It has to be ISIS coz they are the main 'self-financing' oil businessmen in the area.

    If the French and US have started bombing the Oil facilities (does not mean oil tankers) among other civial infrastrusture like power house, dams, bridges etc....it can only mean one thing - SAA is advancing and gaining ground with the help of allies. These strikes are only meant to put pressure on the Syrian Govt and Military by denying them these facilities once the area is captured by the SAA.

    ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 621
    Points : 661
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:01 pm

    Werewolf wrote:Why is there not a single human next to those tankers? Looks like a plain desert with nothing in remote distance trucks are all obviously unoccupied since noone tried to flee from the bombs.

    There are some moving dots that could be humans, like on 0:17 in the bottom left corner on the video with trucks, but the camera isn't zoomed in close enough.

    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 111
    Points : 114
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Fred333 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:08 pm

    Dima wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:Unbelievable, it is stuff like this that makes me believe the US (+ allies) has been hardly trying to combat IS at all, because it is a convenient group for them in some ways.

    Edit: any context to these videos? Are these ISIS trucks? Nusra? Formerly seen alive?
    It was always an open secret who was behind this. Its just that the western MSM just dont talk about it.
    It has to be ISIS coz they are the main 'self-financing' oil businessmen in the area.

    If the French and US have started bombing the Oil facilities (does not mean oil tankers) among other civial infrastrusture like power house, dams, bridges etc....it can only mean one thing - SAA is advancing and gaining ground with the help of allies. These strikes are only meant to put pressure on the Syrian Govt and Military by denying them these facilities once the area is captured by the SAA.

    except these strikes seem to be done by the Russians, or am I being misled by the captions? in any case, it is clear to me that IS has always been a convenient group to bloody Iranian interests with, and therefore not worth too many bombs. Now that Russia is showing the world how it is done, and the lukewarm effort from western powers and allies against IS has backfired in Paris, now finally the gloves come off. This is how I read it anyway. Unfortunately only Robert Fisk is consistently pointing the finger at GCC funding and no one else in the MSM :/

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3363
    Points : 3406
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:12 pm

    Dima wrote:
    If the French and US have started bombing the Oil facilities (does not mean oil tankers) among other civial infrastrusture like power house, dams, bridges etc....it can only mean one thing - SAA is advancing and gaining ground with the help of allies. These strikes are only meant to put pressure on the Syrian Govt and Military by denying them these facilities once the area is captured by the SAA.
    Nail on the head there.

    Infrastructure scorched earth policy. Just like Iraq and Libya so they have had plenty of practice. Mind you, in the past it seems to have been done partly in the expectation that US contractors would pick up the reconstruction business. Fat chance here.

    Mind you, very surprised that the RuAF hit that tank farm. Trucks yes, but infrastructure?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:26 am


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:26 am