Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Share

    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3051
    Points : 3149
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  medo on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:18 pm

    Dima wrote:A hilarious video
    http://thesaker.is/hitler-on-syria-hilarious-must-see/


    Very Happy thumbsup

    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3051
    Points : 3149
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  medo on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:26 pm

    ult wrote:Destroying a bridge near Deir ez-Zor.


    This was either from Su-24M either from Su-34, but most probably from Su-34. Was this attack done at night or at day time? Looks like FLIR picture.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:22 am

    Media: Imarat Kavkaz terrorist group leader killed in Syria

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4798
    Points : 4845
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:30 am



    Serbian...sort of military journalist Miroslav Lazanski (and my fathers school mate) in Syria.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3667
    Points : 3779
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:51 am

    Militarov wrote:

    Serbian...sort of military journalist Miroslav Lazanski (and my fathers school mate) in Syria.

    Took him long enough, knowing him I expected this pic a week ago!!! lol1 russia

    He must be getting too old for this sh*t... lol1

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3667
    Points : 3779
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:55 am


    ''Yury Barmin ‏@yurybarmin 6h6 hours ago

    Russian jets that have been conducting sorties in pairs now carry out strikes alone. MoD says they now know the terrain well to do so''

    https://twitter.com/yurybarmin

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  max steel on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:09 am

    zg18 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

    Well the newly elected president of Croatia, grabcrotchass or whatever her name is, is the biggest prostitute for NATO that's ever been elected, so this is not a surprise to me.

    True , i`m ashamed of her , fat-ass buffoon presiding the country.


    Meet the president of Croatia on her previous job.

    "In 2002–03 she attended George Washington University as a Fulbright scholar. She also received a Luksic Fellowship for the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University and was a visiting scholar at the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University.

    From 2011 to 2014 she served as Assistant Secretary General for Public Diplomacy at NATO under secretaries Anders Fogh Rasmussen and Jens Stoltenberg. She is the first woman ever to be appointed to the position. "


    BKP
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 268
    Points : 277
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  BKP on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:25 am

    ^ Oh, haha, Georgetown no less? She was very likely recruited and groomed by the US State Dept and/or intelligence agencies. I'm guessing her background was public knowledge in Croatia though, so it must be what a very sizable proportion of the Croatian population wants: to be yoked by Washington like a pack animal. It's sad.


    Last edited by BKP on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3667
    Points : 3779
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:27 am


    ''Video: 'We'll be here until the end', Russian troops in Syria say''

    http://www.france24.com/en/20151022-exclusive-video-russia-troops-syria-base-latakia-assad

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3547
    Points : 3582
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:11 am

    Jesus it looks even worse than Old Commie era. At least the guys were "only" coopted by the USSR, here they're hand picked by Big Brother. What a mess.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3547
    Points : 3582
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:12 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    ''Yury Barmin ‏@yurybarmin  6h6 hours ago

    Russian jets that have been conducting sorties in pairs now carry out strikes alone. MoD says they now know the terrain well to do so''

    https://twitter.com/yurybarmin

    That's not a good idea. Two jets cover for each other, single jets just ask for a mishap.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:28 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Jesus it looks even worse than Old Commie era.  At least the guys were "only" coopted by the USSR, here they're hand picked by Big Brother. What a mess.

    She had tons of help from George Soros, and from my understanding it was just enough to give her the victory. Croatia will likely erect a Euro Meatshield to please here masters in London, NYC, and DC. Expect her to smash pension funds, then turn around and use the money to buy overpriced/overated U.S. 'Da Fencing' goods, and the rest to build refugee shelters.

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Cyberspec on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:15 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    ''Yury Barmin ‏@yurybarmin  6h6 hours ago

    Russian jets that have been conducting sorties in pairs now carry out strikes alone. MoD says they now know the terrain well to do so''

    https://twitter.com/yurybarmin

    Not sure about that. I think the Su-25's still fly in pairs and we just saw a video with 3 of them together

    There's more CAS missions now....the ratio of sorties flown vs targets engaged has been widening since about the 15th Oct (in other words, they usually attack more than one target per mission)

    ----

    Close Call For Militants Camera Man By RuAF Airstrike in Salma - Latakia
    https://twitter.com/Ibra_Joudeh/status/657347536416591874

    zg18
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 868
    Points : 944
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  zg18 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:32 am


    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Cyberspec on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:46 am

    Very Happy thumbsup

    Kyo
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 514
    Points : 563
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 67
    Location : Brasilia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Kyo on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:01 pm

    Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, that's more of an alphabet soup name to me. With a Fulbright fellowship, George Washington University, Harvard and NATO background, she must be CIA and must've been handpicked for her cranial configuration (=fascist).

    zg18
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 868
    Points : 944
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  zg18 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:26 pm

    Kyo wrote:Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, that's more of an alphabet soup name to me. With a Fulbright fellowship, George Washington University, Harvard and NATO background, she must be CIA and must've been handpicked for her cranial configuration (=fascist).

    You don`t want to know what her last name reminds in Croatian slang.....

    Although i highly doubt she is CIA asset , she`s not particularly bright. She is typical East-European vassal politician.

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3360
    Points : 3403
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:21 pm

    One of those diplomatic 'put up or shut up moments'

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) – During a UN Security Council meeting on the Middle East, US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power made a reference to an analysis by the news agency Reuters of Russian Defense Ministry data that found that in 80 percent of cases Russia's airstrikes in Syria targeted areas not controlled by Islamic State (ISIL) militants.

    "[The United States] complain that we do the wrong thing without telling…what in their view would be the right thing to do, and quoting various agencies about, you know, the impact [of] what is going on, I think it’s rather strange," Churkin told journalists.

    On September 30, Russia launched precision airstrikes against ISIL targets in Syria following a request from Syrian President Bashar Assad. Russia, Iraq, Iran and Syria, created the Baghdad Information Center in late September to coordinate military actions against ISIL. According to Churkin, the United States refused Russia's request to provide Moscow with information about ISIL targets in Syria.

    "We are doing it transparently, we’re trying to do it responsibly, I have not heard any confirmed reports on civilian casualties," Churkin said. "You know what their [US] military are saying. When there are reports of casualties, they say, 'we cannot confirm that.'"

    Since the beginning of the air campaign in Syria, the Russian Aerospace Forces have reportedly carried out some 830 strikes, killing several hundred militants and destroying dozens of command centers, and depots used by the terrorists. According to the Russian General Staff, the militants have begun to retreat due to the Russian aerial campaign, having lost much of their weaponry and equipment on the contact line with Syrian troops. Russian intelligence drones have increased sorties to track events.


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151023/1028982919/Russia-Anti-ISIL-Strikes.html#ixzz3pOBBtaJU

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3360
    Points : 3403
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:22 pm

    max steel wrote:
    zg18 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

    Well the newly elected president of Croatia, grabcrotchass or whatever her name is, is the biggest prostitute for NATO that's ever been elected, so this is not a surprise to me.

    True , i`m ashamed of her , fat-ass buffoon presiding the country.


    Meet the president of Croatia on her previous job.

    "In 2002–03 she attended George Washington University as a Fulbright scholar. She also received a Luksic Fellowship for the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University and was a visiting scholar at the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University.

    From 2011 to 2014 she served as Assistant Secretary General for Public Diplomacy at NATO under secretaries Anders Fogh Rasmussen and Jens Stoltenberg. She is the first woman ever to be appointed to the position. "


    What has this discussion got to do with this thread?

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4798
    Points : 4845
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:26 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    max steel wrote:
    zg18 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

    Well the newly elected president of Croatia, grabcrotchass or whatever her name is, is the biggest prostitute for NATO that's ever been elected, so this is not a surprise to me.

    True , i`m ashamed of her , fat-ass buffoon presiding the country.


    Meet the president of Croatia on her previous job.

    "In 2002–03 she attended George Washington University as a Fulbright scholar. She also received a Luksic Fellowship for the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University and was a visiting scholar at the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University.

    From 2011 to 2014 she served as Assistant Secretary General for Public Diplomacy at NATO under secretaries Anders Fogh Rasmussen and Jens Stoltenberg. She is the first woman ever to be appointed to the position. "


    What has this discussion got to do with this thread?

    We were discussing Croatian military surplus ammunition and armaments stocks ending up being sold to Saudi Arabia and Qatar, which they then Via Turkey and Yordan deliver to ISIS. Now beside small arms and various types of AT weapons there are rumons Croatia will give away their Strela 2Ms MANPADs. And as you know significant word in whole agreement has Croatian president... whoever he is...she...

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4798
    Points : 4845
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:55 pm





    SU34 night operations.

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3360
    Points : 3403
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:56 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    What has this discussion got to do with this thread?

    We were discussing Croatian military surplus ammunition and armaments stocks ending up being sold to Saudi Arabia and Qatar, which they then Via Turkey and Yordan deliver to ISIS. Now beside small arms and various types of AT weapons there are rumons Croatia will give away their Strela 2Ms MANPADs. And as you know significant word in whole agreement has Croatian president... whoever he is...she...

    Yup nothing to do with it Smile

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3360
    Points : 3403
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:02 pm

    Another 'WTF do we do now moment' in the Pentagon as the RuAF controllers head to Amman. You have to hand it to Russian diplomacy atm.

    VIENNA (Sputnik) – Russia and Jordan have agreed to coordinate military activity in the fight against the Islamic State in Syria through a center to be created in Amman, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Friday. “The military personnel from both countries will coordinate their activities in Jordan’s capital of Amman,” Lavrov told journalists.

    Lavrov also said Russia backs Jordan’s participation in settling the crisis in Syria. “And while Russia is participating in efforts to create the conditions of such a [crisis settlement] process it backs Jordan’s participation in this,” Lavrov added.


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20151023/1029000391/russia-jordan-military-coordination-lavrov.html#ixzz3pOaXhFKQ

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4798
    Points : 4845
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:05 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    What has this discussion got to do with this thread?

    We were discussing Croatian military surplus ammunition and armaments stocks ending up being sold to Saudi Arabia and Qatar, which they then Via Turkey and Yordan deliver to ISIS. Now beside small arms and various types of AT weapons there are rumons Croatia will give away their Strela 2Ms MANPADs. And as you know significant word in whole agreement has Croatian president... whoever he is...she...

    Yup nothing to do with it Smile

    Well it does indirectly, Russians are flying Mi24s too in Syria Smile

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3360
    Points : 3403
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:07 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    What has this discussion got to do with this thread?

    We were discussing Croatian military surplus ammunition and armaments stocks ending up being sold to Saudi Arabia and Qatar, which they then Via Turkey and Yordan deliver to ISIS. Now beside small arms and various types of AT weapons there are rumons Croatia will give away their Strela 2Ms MANPADs. And as you know significant word in whole agreement has Croatian president... whoever he is...she...

    Yup nothing to do with it Smile

    Well it does indirectly, Russians are flying Mi24s too in Syria Smile
    Brilliant, albeit just a bit tenuous, justification. I really appreciate you being on here. Top marks. respekt

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:53 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:53 am