Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Share

    Kyo
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 514
    Points : 563
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 67
    Location : Brasilia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Kyo on Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:25 pm

    Vann7 wrote:

    See the above videos.. The terrorist communicating by Radio..
    whats the purpose of Electronic Warfare if Russia don't use it?  Russia needs
    to shutdown terrorist communication completely so they cannot coordinate any major attack..
    neither receive logistics from NATO and updated GPS satellite information of Syrian army positions for the terrorist artillery, but So far i will like to believe all those claims of Russia "electronic jamming bubble" and "Area of denial of 600km in Syria ,But evidence suggest something totally different ,that is not true at all.

    The most likely possibility is that Russia jamming only covers 20km to 30km from the place
    they are placed..and exclusively for protection of the military base and nothing else. And Combat planes for sure also have come counter electronics but nothing like those reports of "Area of denial".. in Syria we keep hearing..  Hopefully im wrong and there is more to know for a final
    conclusion about whether or not Russia have an Area of denial or not.
    No sensayuma mistah! Just been kiddin'. No offense meant. Very Happy

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  sepheronx on Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:26 pm

    Vann7 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

    See the above videos.. The terrorist communicating by Radio..
    whats the purpose of Electronic Warfare if Russia don't use it?  Russia needs
    to shutdown terrorist communication completely so they cannot coordinate any major attack..
    neither receive logistics from NATO and updated GPS satellite information of Syrian army positions for the terrorist artillery, but So far i will like to believe all those claims of Russia "electronic jamming bubble" and "Area of denial of 600km in Syria ,But evidence suggest something totally different ,that is not true at all.

    The most likely possibility is that Russia jamming only covers 20km to 30km from the place
    they are placed..and exclusively for protection of the military base and nothing else. And Combat planes for sure also have come counter electronics but nothing like those reports of "Area of denial".. in Syria we keep hearing..  Hopefully im wrong and there is more to know for a final
    conclusion about whether or not Russia have an Area of denial or not.


    Karusah-4 is effective at 300km.  But, and a big but, it isn't specifically to shut down comm systems but to scramble and screw around with things like Radar and what not.  It was more or less to protect the airfield from possible strikes from aircrafts.  See what airbornwolf said about how NATO jets are getting screwed data from their radars and having trouble.

    At that, look at Russia's experience back in first Chechen war.  Dudayev was found and killed by a guided missile from ELINT devices that caught chatter from Dudayev through a Satellite phone.

    This is probably the reason why so many Terrorist leaders are being killed ,Russia can trace their phones conversations from large distances and send a missile to it.

    More than likely. Mixture of people who defected telling them where the positions are and interception of radio chatter.

    Kyo
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 514
    Points : 563
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 67
    Location : Brasilia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Kyo on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:58 pm

    Nemrod wrote:L’élément clé dans le dispositif mis en place par les Russes est constitué par les systèmes Krasukha-4 qui réalisent un brouillage non-stop des radars de surveillance, ceux des satellites militaires américains de la famille de Lacrosse/Onyx, ceux qui sont basés au sol dans les pays voisins de la Syrie, ceux des avions AWACS, E-8C, et ceux des avions sans pilote RQ-4 Global Hawk, MQ-1 Predator, MQ-9 Reaper.sisteme-Federatia-Rusa-1

    Key element in the device set up by Russians is made up by Krasukha-4 systems, which non-stop jams surveillance radars, those of the Lacrosse/Onyx family of US sats, those that are land-based in Syria's neighbouring countries, those of AWACS, E-8C, as well as those of US UAVs such as RQ-4 Global Hawk, MQ-1 Predator and MQ-9 Reaper

    Wikipedia (sic) wrote:Krasukha-4
    The Krasukha-4 broadband multifunctional jamming station is mounted on a BAZ-6910-022 four-axle-chassis. Like the Krasukha-2, the Krasukha-4 counters AWACS and other air borne radar systems. The Krasukha-4 has the range for effectively disrupting low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites and can cause permanent damage to targeted radio-electronic devices. Ground based radars are also a viable target for the Krasukha-4

    Krasukha-2:

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3388
    Points : 3431
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:09 pm

    Kyo wrote:
    Nemrod wrote:L’élément clé dans le dispositif mis en place par les Russes est constitué par les systèmes Krasukha-4 qui réalisent un brouillage non-stop des radars de surveillance, ceux des satellites militaires américains de la famille de Lacrosse/Onyx, ceux qui sont basés au sol dans les pays voisins de la Syrie, ceux des avions AWACS, E-8C, et ceux des avions sans pilote RQ-4 Global Hawk, MQ-1 Predator, MQ-9 Reaper.sisteme-Federatia-Rusa-1

    Key element in the device set up by Russians is made up by Krasukha-4 systems, which non-stop jams surveillance radars, those of the Lacrosse/Onyx family of US sats, those that are land-based in Syria's neighbouring countries, those of AWACS, E-8C, as well as those of US UAVs such as RQ-4 Global Hawk, MQ-1 Predator and MQ-9 Reaper

    Wikipedia (sic) wrote:Krasukha-4
    The Krasukha-4 broadband multifunctional jamming station is mounted on a BAZ-6910-022 four-axle-chassis. Like the Krasukha-2, the Krasukha-4 counters AWACS and other air borne radar systems. The Krasukha-4 has the range for effectively disrupting low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites and can cause permanent damage to targeted radio-electronic devices. Ground based radars are also a viable target for the Krasukha-4

    Krasukha-2:
    It must be highly likely that these EW units are solely for airfield defence. There is no point in blinding US/NATO for little strategic or tactical objective especially as I doubt the Russians want to show its true capabilities.

    Bit like the RuN saying today that the Kalibr range is 2000km. Expect someone to say later, a lot later, oh sorry we meant miles.

    Kyo
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 514
    Points : 563
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 67
    Location : Brasilia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Kyo on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:00 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    Kyo wrote:
    Nemrod wrote:L’élément clé dans le dispositif mis en place par les Russes est constitué par les systèmes Krasukha-4 qui réalisent un brouillage non-stop des radars de surveillance, ceux des satellites militaires américains de la famille de Lacrosse/Onyx, ceux qui sont basés au sol dans les pays voisins de la Syrie, ceux des avions AWACS, E-8C, et ceux des avions sans pilote RQ-4 Global Hawk, MQ-1 Predator, MQ-9 Reaper.sisteme-Federatia-Rusa-1

    Key element in the device set up by Russians is made up by Krasukha-4 systems, which non-stop jams surveillance radars, those of the Lacrosse/Onyx family of US sats, those that are land-based in Syria's neighbouring countries, those of AWACS, E-8C, as well as those of US UAVs such as RQ-4 Global Hawk, MQ-1 Predator and MQ-9 Reaper

    Wikipedia (sic) wrote:Krasukha-4
    The Krasukha-4 broadband multifunctional jamming station is mounted on a BAZ-6910-022 four-axle-chassis. Like the Krasukha-2, the Krasukha-4 counters AWACS and other air borne radar systems. The Krasukha-4 has the range for effectively disrupting low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites and can cause permanent damage to targeted radio-electronic devices. Ground based radars are also a viable target for the Krasukha-4

    Krasukha-2:
    It must be highly likely that these EW units are solely for airfield defence. There is no point in blinding US/NATO for little strategic or tactical objective especially as I doubt the Russians want to show its true capabilities.

    Bit like the RuN saying today that the Kalibr range is 2000km. Expect someone to say later, a lot later, oh sorry we meant miles.
    Yeah. Read the same news and got that impression too. Said that Kalibr's speed is Mach 3 and it's Glonass guided.
    NazionalRus: are ya still there?

    NationalRus
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 637
    Points : 650
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  NationalRus on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:31 pm

    NazionalRus: are ya still there?

    Wink

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3793
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:47 pm


    "Russian airstrikes in Syria welcomed by refugees"

    http://news.yahoo.com/russian-lawmakers-visit-syria-092826124.html

    ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 621
    Points : 661
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:48 pm


    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3388
    Points : 3431
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:03 pm

    ult wrote:
    First shot from on the ground of the upgraded 'radar hill' shown in the satellite picture. What is the 'search' radar?

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:12 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    ult wrote:
    First shot from on the ground of the upgraded 'radar hill' shown in the satellite picture. What is the 'search' radar?

    The search and acquisition radar looks like ST-68U (19Zh6) or something else from that family. The hight-finder looks like PRV-9, PRV-16 (1RL132), or one of the other variants from the same family.


    Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4855
    Points : 4902
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:01 am



    New Russian TV report from Damascus.

    ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 621
    Points : 661
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:19 am

    Militarov wrote:New Russian TV report from Damascus.

    Kind of surreal. Highrise building with working elevator, devastated city on one side, peaceful life on another...

    ultron
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 588
    Points : 569
    Join date : 2015-09-18

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ultron on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:56 am

    ult wrote:
    Militarov wrote:New Russian TV report from Damascus.

    Kind of surreal. Highrise building with working elevator, devastated city on one side, peaceful life on another...

    It's a terrible time for the Syrian people. Hopefully Assad will do the right thing and step down. The international community must work together to beat jihadists.

    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 743
    Points : 903
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:40 am

    ultron wrote:
    ult wrote:
    Militarov wrote:New Russian TV report from Damascus.

    Kind of surreal. Highrise building with working elevator, devastated city on one side, peaceful life on another...

    It's a terrible time for the Syrian people. Hopefully Assad will do the right thing and step down. The international community must work together to beat jihadists.


    you blind? did you see how Libya turned out once Gaddafi was gone? the same fate would happen to Syria. i suppose you would want ISIS in control, i have to be honest i don't take anything you say any more serious.

    Stealthflanker
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 808
    Points : 894
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 28
    Location : Indonesia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Stealthflanker on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:54 am

    ultron wrote:

    It's a terrible time for the Syrian people. Hopefully Assad will do the right thing and step down. The international community must work together to beat jihadists.

    Do You have any idea on who will take office after him ? ... hm ?

    You can think of succession and elections later after those terrorist scum got ironed out of the nation.


    ultron
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 588
    Points : 569
    Join date : 2015-09-18

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ultron on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:50 am

    Stealthflanker wrote:
    ultron wrote:

    It's a terrible time for the Syrian people. Hopefully Assad will do the right thing and step down. The international community must work together to beat jihadists.

    Do You have any idea on who will take office after him ? ... hm ?

    You can think of succession and elections later after those terrorist scum got ironed out of the nation.



    He has two VPs and a PM. Pass power and retire already. He has proven unable to deal with the insurgency.

    par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1069
    Points : 1206
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  par far on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:25 am

    ultron wrote:
    ult wrote:
    Militarov wrote:New Russian TV report from Damascus.

    Kind of surreal. Highrise building with working elevator, devastated city on one side, peaceful life on another...

    It's a terrible time for the Syrian people. Hopefully Assad will do the right thing and step down. The international community must work together to beat jihadists.


    You sir are an idiot, you have no clue about what is going on.

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3232
    Points : 3356
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Vann7 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:40 am

    ultron wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    ultron wrote:

    It's a terrible time for the Syrian people. Hopefully Assad will do the right thing and step down. The international community must work together to beat jihadists.

    Do You have any idea on who will take office after him ? ... hm ?

    You can think of succession and elections later after those terrorist scum got ironed out of the nation.



    He has two VPs and a PM. Pass power and retire already. He has proven unable to deal with the insurgency.

    "Insurgency" ...  asking for democracy and freedom right?  Rolling Eyes

    iraqidabab
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 317
    Points : 332
    Join date : 2014-05-31

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  iraqidabab on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:25 am

    Is it true Russia might establish itself in that Kuwaires or something airbase in Aleppo when the siege is broken

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3596
    Points : 3631
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:37 am

    iraqidabab wrote:Is it true Russia might establish itself in that Kuwaires or something airbase in Aleppo when the siege is broken

    If they Buratinize the surroundings over 30 miles, yes. I don't think they'd risk their assets there, while Aleppo IAP is open.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:45 am

    Militarov wrote:

    New Russian TV report from Damascus.

    If the battle is that close, I would wager the Russians would do wonders by helping deal a blow of the terrorists around Damascus area and then striking everywhere else too. Or at least build a massive wall separating the one side that is destroyed and crawling with the scum, and the side that is still living in somewhat peace.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15482
    Points : 16189
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  GarryB on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:35 am

    He has proven unable to deal with the insurgency.

    You mean the way all western leaders have also been failures in dealing with the war on terror and the war on drugs and should all also step down?


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    coolieno99
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 136
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2010-08-25

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  coolieno99 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:54 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    iraqidabab wrote:Is it true Russia might establish itself in that Kuwaires or something airbase in Aleppo when the siege is broken

    If they Buratinize the surroundings over 30 miles, yes. I don't think they'd risk their assets there, while Aleppo IAP is open.  

    demonstration of TOS-1 Buratino



    actual firing of TOS-1 Buratino in Syria against rebel positions

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3232
    Points : 3356
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Vann7 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:15 am

    sepheronx wrote:
    If the battle is that close, I would wager the Russians would do wonders by helping deal a blow of the terrorists around Damascus area and then striking everywhere else too.  Or at least build a massive wall separating the one side that is destroyed and crawling with the scum, and the side that is still living in somewhat peace.


    The terrorist control some zones of eastern Damascus probably since the start of the conflict.
    Reasons for they not capturing that territory already?  i can only speculate..

    1) Total incompetence..
    2) Too many civilians used as human shields with many of them being the family of
       Rebels.
    3) The Zone is already contained/isolated and other zones seen as more important..
        ie Aleppo and Idlib.
    4) Perhaps the terrorist in those zones are contained and allowed close to damascus for political reasons?  ie.. Used as a shield against a US/NATO/Israel and Gulf allies cruise missile or nuclear attack.? So to make it more difficult for western powers attack on damascus without risking
    attacking their own terrorist sponsored forces. and possibly there are infiltrators/spies
    pro Government there.. collecting information against the nations sponsoring the terrorist.
    5)Maybe the Syrian government wants to give the Sunnies civilians who are friendly to terrorist the opportunity to see how is life under the administration of Jihadist terrorist so they end their
    support.


    Maybe is a bit of all or is just simply plain incompetence.  
    In any case is not yet clear why the hell they don't secure their main capital first .
    But knowing how many years they have been in control of those zones.. that are easy to bomb
    For Syrian Airforce withing 10 minutes of Syria major military bases , it suggest me there is more reason for the lack of rush in capturing those zones. But it could be something with the above .

    here is an updated map of damascus oct 15.. what Government controls or not.




    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Regular on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:43 am

    GarryB wrote:
    He has proven unable to deal with the insurgency.

    You mean the way all western leaders have also been failures in dealing with the war on terror and the war on drugs and should all also step down?
    Only MAJOR difference is It is on his own home turf. Western leaders speak , but do nothing. Assad is weak person and he is political corpse. He is smart, but people need brutual leaders in time of war.
    If I was him I would expell sunnis, put them on the boats and send to Europe. Sunnis are the problem. No matter what groups they are with, they cause problems. They are syrian traitors, helping and facilitating terrorists from abroad. Expulsion of sunnis had to happen 4 years ago, before those rats exterminated oldest chrystians and other sectarian groups and destroyed Syria. All damage in Syria was done by them and there is only conclusion, they are pest and need extermination.
    People from middle east need strong hand, who will stamp out all disidents and foreign agents, not a guy who was dentist in UK.
    Best thing is to have apointed PM and strong hawk gov with army representatives. No sunnis should be among them.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:44 am


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:44 am