Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Share
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:53 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:


    As for other graphs, someone could translate... study








    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1537905.html

    Type of targets: command centers, manpower on frontline-positions, training camps, storages.

    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:12 pm



    Nice video of 3 SU25s flying in formation over abal Al Zawiya, Idlib.

    ult

    Posts : 643
    Points : 683
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:49 pm

    Solntsepek in Latakia province.







    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4496
    Points : 4675
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:21 pm

    It's almost time for the MOD's to create another thread.
    avatar
    BKP

    Posts : 342
    Points : 351
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  BKP on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:01 pm

    Vann7 wrote:

    Meanwhile after Russia show of force in Syria and cruise missile attack..
    NATO response was  trident juncture 2015 ,major military exercises since world war 2,
    to show how they are ready to counter Russia with their invasion.  lol1

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=286_1445376597

    "Trident juncture"... The titles NATO comes up for these things always make me LOL. It's like they tasked some junior ROTC/avid comic book reader with inventing "cool"-sounding names for everything, but it just ends up sounding cornyyy.
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2979
    Points : 3011
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  max steel on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:14 pm

    Important battle brewing in northern Hama: Jabhat Al-Nusra attacks the strategic city of Al-Si'in


    Russian Air Force helps thrust the Syrian Army deeper in the Damascus countryside; Harasta Industrial Area targeted

    ult

    Posts : 643
    Points : 683
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:34 pm

    TOS-1A, Latakia.


    JohninMK

    Posts : 4397
    Points : 4454
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:45 pm

    That is a lot of TOS-1A rounds fired. Counting the rounds in each salvo shows that the video in the last thread is different to this new video. We don't know if this was multiple attempts to hit a target or multiple targets, just that they were all aimed at what seems to be the same hillside.
    avatar
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1142
    Points : 1299
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:56 pm

    I've seen other thermobaric blasts and they look more like conventional explosions. Is it just me or did this TOS-1 look like it used white phosphorus warheads?

    ult

    Posts : 643
    Points : 683
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:06 pm




























































    ult

    Posts : 643
    Points : 683
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:09 pm


























    ult

    Posts : 643
    Points : 683
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:12 pm

    Russian MoD wrote: Today, journalists of foreign media have received an opportunity to familiarize themselves with everyday work of the Russian Aerospace Force aviation group at the Hmeymim airbase in Syria. For the first time they could see the living conditions of the Russian servicemen and feel the atmosphere of preparation for combat task performance of in the sky of Syria aimed at destruction of the ‪#‎ISIS‬ infrastructure.

    In the course of the last 24 hours, aircraft of the Russian air group have continued making pinpoint strikes against terrorist infrastructural facilities in the Syrian Arab Republic.

    For the last 24 hours, the Russian Su-34, Su-24M, Su-25SM aircraft performed 53 combat sorties engaging 72 terrorist facilities in the ‪#‎Hama‬, ‪#‎Idlib‬, ‪#‎Lattakia‬, ‪#‎Damascus‬, ‪#‎Aleppo‬ and Deir ez-Zor provinces.
    The effectiveness of engagement of the terrorist infrastructures by the Russian aircraft has considerably increased. Earlier the Russian aircraft worked mainly in pairs, but now due to good knowledge of the combat area the aircraft eliminate two or more targets individually in the course of one sortie.

    Commenting on the claims of the Pentagon representative Colonel Steven Warren concerning the assessment of the activities of the Russian aviation in the Syrian Arab Republic, it should be mentioned that the Russian unmanned aerial vehicles detect considerable increase in the number of targets of the ISIS terrorist grouping.

    ISIS leaders are projecting manpower reinforcements to combat areas from Raqqah and Iraq territories. They are also taking efforts to direct maneuvering automobile caravans with weapons and ammunition to the contact line with the Syrian Armed Forces.

    Therefore, explanations of the Pentagon representatives concerning sharp flight decrease caused by “no target detection” in Syria are more than just strange.
    Airy dreams of Colonel Steven Warren concerning using cluster munitions by the Russian aviation in “inhabited areas” of Syria are absurd.
    It appears that the American colleagues have not established their aims in the announced war against the ISIS terrorist organization.
    This may be why the terrorists feel comfortable a year after the start of the anti-ISIS coalition’s operations.









    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2979
    Points : 3011
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  max steel on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:16 pm

    ult wrote:
    Russian MoD wrote: Today, journalists of foreign media have received an opportunity to familiarize themselves with everyday work of the Russian Aerospace Force aviation group at the Hmeymim airbase in Syria. For the first time they could see the living conditions of the Russian servicemen and feel the atmosphere of preparation for combat task performance of in the sky of Syria aimed at destruction of the ‪#‎ISIS‬ infrastructure.

    In the course of the last 24 hours, aircraft of the Russian air group have continued making pinpoint strikes against terrorist infrastructural facilities in the Syrian Arab Republic.

    For the last 24 hours, the Russian Su-34, Su-24M, Su-25SM aircraft performed 53 combat sorties engaging 72 terrorist facilities in the ‪#‎Hama‬, ‪#‎Idlib‬, ‪#‎Lattakia‬, ‪#‎Damascus‬, ‪#‎Aleppo‬ and Deir ez-Zor provinces.
    The effectiveness of engagement of the terrorist infrastructures by the Russian aircraft has considerably increased. Earlier the Russian aircraft worked mainly in pairs, but now due to good knowledge of the combat area the aircraft eliminate two or more targets individually in the course of one sortie.

    Commenting on the claims of the Pentagon representative Colonel Steven Warren concerning the assessment of the activities of the Russian aviation in the Syrian Arab Republic, it should be mentioned that the Russian unmanned aerial vehicles detect considerable increase in the number of targets of the ISIS terrorist grouping.

    ISIS leaders are projecting manpower reinforcements to combat areas from Raqqah and Iraq territories. They are also taking efforts to direct maneuvering automobile caravans with weapons and ammunition to the contact line with the Syrian Armed Forces.

    Therefore, explanations of the Pentagon representatives concerning sharp flight decrease caused by “no target detection” in Syria are more than just strange.
    Airy dreams of Colonel Steven Warren concerning using cluster munitions by the Russian aviation in “inhabited areas” of Syria are absurd.
    It appears that the American colleagues have not established their aims in the announced war against the ISIS terrorist organization.
    This may be why the terrorists feel comfortable a year after the start of the anti-ISIS coalition’s operations.













    Who is this Russian Mod ? Can't see him anywhere.
    avatar
    Dima

    Posts : 1032
    Points : 1047
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Dima on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:20 pm

    Nice pics ult  thumbsup
    hope you are posting it in the multimedia thread also.

    Btw, why are you guys just not including a link to the previous thread??? The last two also did not include a link to its preceding threads. Russian Ops in Syria and Syrian thread on RD.net is probably the most happening thread on the web and pages run fast...so plz make it a habit to include a link to the preceding discussion thread.

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t4556p990-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-3
    avatar
    Dima

    Posts : 1032
    Points : 1047
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Dima on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:25 pm

    max steel wrote:
    ult wrote:
    Russian MoD wrote: Today, journalists of foreign media have received an opportunity to familiarize themselves with everyday work of the Russian Aerospace Force aviation group at the Hmeymim airbase in Syria. For the first time they could see the living conditions of the Russian servicemen and feel the atmosphere of preparation for combat task performance of in the sky of Syria aimed at destruction of the ‪#‎ISIS‬ infrastructure.




    Who is this Russian Mod ? Can't see him anywhere.
    C'mon, that news/report probably came from the official Russian MoD release and hence he quoted it like that.


    Last edited by Dima on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Dima

    Posts : 1032
    Points : 1047
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Dima on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:36 pm

    A hilarious video
    http://thesaker.is/hitler-on-syria-hilarious-must-see/

    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4496
    Points : 4675
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:39 pm


    ult

    Posts : 643
    Points : 683
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:40 pm

    max steel wrote:
    Who is this Russian Mod ? Can't see him anywhere.

    It's Russian Ministry of Defense. They are the admins of this website. Rolling Eyes Laughing
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2979
    Points : 3011
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  max steel on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:45 pm

    I figured it out . Actually when you quoted " Russian Mod wrote : " I thought he is a member.


    Do Russians share their mess food with Syrian soldiers also or not ?

    ult

    Posts : 643
    Points : 683
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:48 pm

    max steel wrote:Do Russians share their mess food with Syrian soldiers also or not ?

    No. As far as I know the security is tight and they aren't allowed inside the living quarters.


    ult

    Posts : 643
    Points : 683
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:58 pm

    Destroying a bridge near Deir ez-Zor.

    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2979
    Points : 3011
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  max steel on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:25 pm

    The Empire of Chaos is in a Jam :The no-fly zone in Syria already exists. It is run by Russia and Washington is unable to jam it.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 4812
    Points : 4918
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:44 pm

    ult wrote:
    max steel wrote:Do Russians share their mess food with Syrian soldiers also or not ?

    No. As far as I know the security is tight and they aren't allowed inside the living quarters.


    OMG, at 0:46 he said: "we are witnessing Sukhoi Superjets..." lol1

    ult

    Posts : 643
    Points : 683
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  ult on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:48 pm

    KARTAPOLOV: In total, Russian aviation has carried out 934 combat sorties and destroyed 819 terrorists’ facilities

    https://twitter.com/mod_russia/status/657281823093952513
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 1931
    Points : 2096
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Cyberspec on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 pm

    ult wrote:Destroying a bridge near Deir ez-Zor.


    I'm guessing Su-34 Question

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:43 pm