Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #2

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #2

Post  PapaDragon on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:33 pm

ult wrote:
    ult wrote:Video Su-34's landing after the mission.

http://tvzvezda.ru/news/vstrane_i_mire/content/201510011940-tmc8.htm

Youtube mirror:

12 ton payload...someone on the ground had a very bad day just now... Twisted Evil russia

Last edited by PapaDragon on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:34 pm

Interesting screenshot from a video: https://www.facebook.com/NRIHAMA/videos/vb.505787406139922/1016040028447988/?type=2&theater

On 0:17 leading SU24 releases some load, which looks to me like two droptanks.

JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  JohninMK on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:35 pm

Militarov wrote:
    I so love when i am right, as i said yesterday, OFAB-250-270 being used on SU24 in Syria. Moment of loading on bomber.

Interesting weapon. Would ruin anyone's day!

http://www.cat-uxo.com/#/ofab-250-270-bomb/4583666019

Last edited by JohninMK on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:35 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    ult wrote:

Youtube mirror:

12 ton payload...someone on the ground had a very bad day just now... Twisted Evil russia

Taking in count they use OFAB250-270 and FAB500 derivates on single hardpoints i doubt they ever manage to carry more than half of that, even if.

JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  JohninMK on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:38 pm

New thread needed alert.

Militarov, the post limit is 999 here per thread (just in case you did not know)

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:42 pm

JohninMK wrote:New thread needed alert.

Militarov, the post limit is 999 here per thread (just in case you did not know)

Ah, good to inform me, i did not actually.

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  medo on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:43 pm

I think they choose bombs, which they use regarding the targets they will engage. Against hardened underground facilities they will use laser guided 1500 kg bombs, against other important targets they will use smaller laser or TV guided bombs, but against smaller targets and groups, those 250 kg and 500 kg free fall bombs will work just fine. I wonder if they have cluster bombs to bomb larger concentrations of terrorists?

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Militarov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    ult wrote:

Youtube mirror:

Taking in count they use OFAB250-270 and FAB500 derivates on single hardpoints i doubt they ever manage to carry more than half of that, even if.

I think GLONASS kits should significantly decrease the need for bigger and greater amounts of ordinance.

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  ult on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Some people are saying that it's KAB-500S.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:08 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    ult wrote:

Youtube mirror:

I think GLONASS kits should significantly decrease the need for bigger and greater amounts of ordinance.

Looks like this is a KAB500S.

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  ult on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:10 pm

Longer video.

It looks like KAB-500S. What do you guys think?

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:12 pm

George1 please merge this thread with other one.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:16 pm

ult wrote:Some people are saying that it's KAB-500S.

I belive its FAB 500SE satelite and inertial guided.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:19 pm

"Syria army, allies prepares for major offensive in north; Russia bombs US-trained rebels

Two Lebanese sources told Reuters hundreds of Iranian troops had reached Syria in the past 10 days with weapons to mount a major ground offensive. They would also be backed by Assad's Lebanese Hezbollah allies and by Shi'ite militia fighters from Iraq, while the Russians would provide air support.

"The vanguard of Iranian ground forces began arriving in Syria: soldiers and officers specifically to participate in this battle. They are not advisers ... we mean hundreds with equipment and weapons. They will be followed by more," one of the sources said"

Source, funny source tho: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2015/Oct-01/317252-hezbollah-preparing-to-take-part-in-big-ground-operation-in-northern-syria-lebanese-sources-to.ashx

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:23 pm

New strike from last night.

"Old" one from yesterday.

Seems they hit same place again with something more potent as you can see where the entrance to that underground facility is, some good flashes are happening.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:26 pm

Inshallah we're see some light at the end of this. Betting on Iran is a long strategic success given to Russia by the US. Own goal after own goal, Iran, Beijing, and much more, will be circumstantial sucesses the US will regret down the line.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:28 pm

"Recent images released by the Syrian Center for Demining & Rehabilitation (SCDR) feature Russian PMN-4 landmines which were found just west of Daraa, in Southern Syria. In a video dated 28 September 2015, a figure can be seen employing manual demining practices to remove a number of PMN-4 mines. The earlier PMN-2 landmine (seen at left in the image below) has been documented in Syria since at least early 2012, however this is the first known appearance of the PMN-4. Whilst the PMN-2 is one of the most prolific anti-personnel mines in the world, the PMN-4 is less frequently encountered. ARES has previously documented their employment during the Ukraine conflict.

With development beginning in the late 1970s, the PMN-4 first entered Soviet service in 1989. From 1989 until sometime in late 1990, PMN-4 mines were produced with a safety clip, whilst later mines have been produced with a safety cap. Once employed, the designs are not readily distinguished, however the presence of safety caps in available images indicates these landmines were produced after late 1990. This is supported by an analysis of the markings present on documented mines. Images provided by the SDRC show the markings on at least four mines, indicating that all of these examples were produced at a Russian factory with the code 538 in 1995, with lot numbers of 5, 6, and 16.

Interestingly, each of these mines is marked with a ‘Т’, indicating an explosive fill of TNT. The PMN-4 manual, however, indicates that the mines are typically filled with TG-40, a 40/60 blend of TNT and RDX. It is unclear when or why different explosive fills were introduced. The diagram below, taken from a Russian manual, shows the general arrangement of the PMN-4 landmine. Contrary to some reports in the western media, the PMN-4 is not a minimum-metal mine, featuring metal body, pressure plate, and fuze components."

Source: http://armamentresearch.com/russian-pmn-4-anti-personnel-landmines-in-syria/

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:33 pm

Beautiful Bomb.. Smile

About Russia defenses ,you bet Putin will not send their armed forces to Syria ,without
    having a proper air defense , against NATO first. There have to be S-300s in Syria long time
    ago.. and i will not be surprised S-400s too.. Hidden inside large buildings.. or underground.

About ECM defenses .. lazer guided manpads cannot be jammed. So they will still be lethal.

Unless of course Russia have electromagnetic defenses too.. im not fully aware of Russia
    hellicopters defenses.. but i think Russia have a lazer like decoy system.. that can confuse
    incoming fired manpads at them.. Russia major concern should be NATO supply of weapons
    to the terrorist rebels ,can have no limits. For example NATO should have something similar
    like Pantsirs.. using gatling guns.. you cannot defeat kinetic projectiles like bullets.. with counter electronics or not even emp guns. fortunately kinetic weapons like anti air artillery have a very limited range. But this is not the case with Lazer weapons or Rail Guns.. Will NATO be capable
    of providing ISIS and Alqaeda with such weapons? Absolutely. They don't give missiles with nuclear warheads to ISIS because it will be too difficult to justify them having them.

On a side note.. i do notice a major shift in public opinion about middle east in the west.. When you see Yahoo news ,comments sections vast majority positive about Russia and negative about
    US coalition actions in defending some jihadist that they call "opposition" . Thats something
    BIG.. Is not a small thing. also in youtube and RT is the same.. even US media makes jokes
    about the "moderates" of Obama. in short.. the world public opinion is on the side of Russia.
    in the Syrian conflict at least.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:35 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    Beautiful Bomb..  Smile

About Russia defenses ,you bet Putin will not send their armed forces to Syria ,without
    having a proper air defense , against NATO first. There have to be S-300s in Syria long time
    ago.. and i will not be surprised S-400s too.. Hidden inside large buildings.. or underground.

About ECM defenses .. lazer guided manpads cannot be jammed. So they will still be lethal.

Unless of course Russia have electromagnetic defenses too.. im not fully aware of Russia
    hellicopters defenses.. but i think Russia have a lazer like decoy system.. that can confuse
    incoming fired manpads at them..  Russia major concern should be NATO supply of weapons
    to the terrorist rebels ,can have no limits.  For example NATO should have something similar
    like Pantsirs.. using gatling guns.. you cannot defeat kinetic projectiles like bullets.. with counter electronics or not even emp guns. fortunately kinetic weapons like anti air artillery have a very limited range. But this is not the case with Lazer weapons or Rail Guns..  Will NATO be capable
    of providing ISIS and Alqaeda with such weapons? Absolutely. They don't give missiles with nuclear warheads  to ISIS because it will be too difficult to justify them having them.

On a side note.. i do notice a major shift in public opinion about middle east in the west.. When you see Yahoo news ,comments sections vast majority positive about Russia and negative about
    US coalition actions in defending some jihadist that they call "opposition" . Thats something
    BIG..   Is not a small thing. also in youtube and RT is the same.. even US media makes jokes
    about the "moderates" of Obama. in short.. the world public opinion is on the side of Russia.

Laser guided? What?

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  ult on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:35 pm

A new one.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:40 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:
    Beautiful Bomb..  Smile

incoming fired manpads at them..  Russia major concern should be NATO supply of weapons
    to the terrorist rebels ,can have no limits.  For example NATO should have something similar
    like Pantsirs.. using gatling guns.. you cannot defeat kinetic projectiles like bullets.. with counter electronics or not even emp guns. fortunately kinetic weapons like anti air artillery have a very limited range. But this is not the case with Lazer weapons or Rail Guns..  Will NATO be capable
    of providing ISIS and Alqaeda with such weapons? Absolutely. They don't give missiles with nuclear warheads  to ISIS because it will be too difficult to justify them having them.

BIG..   Is not a small thing. also in youtube and RT is the same.. even US media makes jokes

Laser guided? What?

Only such systems in existance to my knowledge are Swedish RBS70 and Britain's Starstreak. Both quite unlikely to appear in Syria, RBS is used by UAE only in region and Starstreak by noone even remotely close.

mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  mack8 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:44 pm

So Su-34 is confirmed to have taken part in it's first combat sorties against these american sponsored jihadist rats. Destroy them, destroy them all Hellduck! russia

PS: If i'm to knitpick on anything though, is that maybe the lads could have given a coat of paint or replace it or something that radome on Su-24M bort 16, for PR if anything. But the bird is just as deadly regardless.

(picture not from Syria)
    http://russianplanes.net/images/to168000/167778.jpg

Last edited by mack8 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solncepek
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  Solncepek on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

Kimppis
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Kimppis on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:45 pm

Vann7 wrote:On a side note.. i do notice a major shift in public opinion about middle east in the west.. When you see Yahoo news ,comments sections vast majority positive about Russia and negative about

Haha, I've noticed this too. Very Happy

And you gotta love headlines like these:

"Russia bombs US-armed rebels"
    "Russian general tells US diplomats: 'We launch Syria air strikes in one hour. Stay out of the way'"

Comedy gold.  lol1

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:45 pm

ult wrote:A new one.

This was a big one, either it was some ammo storage/fuel depot or they used something of significant size.

FAB1500xx?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:05 pm

Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:05 pm