Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

wilhelm
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

Post  wilhelm on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Austin wrote:official press release from ilyushin   http://www.ilyushin.org/press/news/ev6441/

The contract to carry out development work on the creation of modernized passenger aircraft IL-96-400M

February 8, 2017

[/b]
    The wide-body long-haul passenger aircraft IL-96-400M created as a further development of the Il-96-300.

The fuselage of the airliner will be extended to 9.65 meters, as the power plant will be used more powerful PS-90A1 engines instead of the PS-90A, which will improve fuel efficiency.

IL-96-400M can take on board up to 390 passengers. large-diameter fuselage provides passengers with a modern level of comfort on long-haul flights.

Terms of the contract provide for the production of prototype Il-96-400M for flight tests. It is planned that the first time he will rise in the sky in 2019.

So the new Il-96-400M will be how long exactly?
    9,65m longer than the base Il-96-300 which is 55 meters long...so 64m long or thereabouts? In other words...it will still be as long as the original Il-96-400?

I guess I'm also trying to figure out whether all the models developed from the baseline Il-96-300, in other words the Il-96M, Il-96T, Il-96TZ, Il-96-400 and now the Il-96-400M have the same fuselage stretch.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:40 am

JDC: INDIAN CUSTOMERS INTERESTED IN ENGINE PD-14

https://www.aviaport.ru/digest/2017/02/14/419785.html

Specific fuel consumption at the PD-14 to 12-16% lower than those of their foreign counterparts, and life cycle costs are lower by 15-20%. This engine operation will cost overall by 14-17% cheaper.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:43 am

wilhelm wrote:
    Austin wrote:official press release from ilyushin   http://www.ilyushin.org/press/news/ev6441/

The contract to carry out development work on the creation of modernized passenger aircraft IL-96-400M

February 8, 2017

[/b]
    The wide-body long-haul passenger aircraft IL-96-400M created as a further development of the Il-96-300.

The fuselage of the airliner will be extended to 9.65 meters, as the power plant will be used more powerful PS-90A1 engines instead of the PS-90A, which will improve fuel efficiency.

IL-96-400M can take on board up to 390 passengers. large-diameter fuselage provides passengers with a modern level of comfort on long-haul flights.

Terms of the contract provide for the production of prototype Il-96-400M for flight tests. It is planned that the first time he will rise in the sky in 2019.

So the new Il-96-400M will be how long exactly?
    9,65m longer than the base Il-96-300 which is 55 meters long...so 64m long or thereabouts? In other words...it will still be as long as the original Il-96-400?

I guess I'm also trying to figure out whether all the models developed from the baseline Il-96-300, in other words the Il-96M, Il-96T, Il-96TZ, Il-96-400 and now the Il-96-400M have the same fuselage stretch.

About 9.6 m longer compared to IL-96-300

But I expecpt most changes to be internal like using newer materials to significantly reduce weight from SSJ/MS-21 program may be couple of tons and using newer cockpit technology , extralarge MFD , HUD etc , More comformt for passengers etc

Firebird
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  Firebird on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Does anyone know what the long term plan is with the new Il-96?

Will it be of a tech level say, comparable with the 787 Dreamliner? Or more like the 777?

Also where will it fit in with the Sino-Russian wide bodied jet?

Will it be a bit like Brahmos with India?
    eg Russia designs something for the other country, but uses its own home made version for its own use?

Will the Il-96 form the basis for the new wide bodied jet. Or will the new wide bodied basically be a new design?

As far as I can see, the Il-96 is an extremely good plane. Comparable to 777 and Airbus but not at the level of the MS-21 just yet.

Finally, I wonder what sort of numbers will be produced. If this plane is good enough to be the Russian presidential plane, I'm sure its good enough to replace the Boeings in Russian civil fleets.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:34 am

Aerodynamics don't change much... with brand new engines even a DC-3 could be a reasonably efficient transport for its size.

The 777 is supposed to be electric, but they still seemed to manage to lose one...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

marat
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  marat on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Firebird wrote:
    Finally, I wonder what sort of numbers will be produced. If this plane is good enough to be the Russian presidential plane, I'm sure its good enough to replace the Boeings in Russian civil fleets.

That is not good comparation.

Presidential AC do not need to bring money to its owner.

It doesn not need to fly 300+days each year for more then 10-12 hours in air each day, he doesn not need to be confortable for hundreds of pasengers but just several of them. You do not need maintenace network all over the globe but just in home airport. If something is broken you just use another aircraft until first one is repaired, without paying compensation and hotels for hunderds of passengers that lost their flight and whose vacation is ruined. You do not need to convince hundreds of businissmans to buy it for dozens of different companies, you just need to convince one or two politician that buying this plane is good for countries image.

Do you think that Ferrari is great choice for local taxi driver or high class presidential armored Mercedes?

Tottaly different categories.

par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  par far Yesterday at 10:06 pm

"Iran plans to buy 12 Superjet-100 Russian aircraft in near future — minister."

http://tass.com/economy/932283

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:18 pm