Andrew Boginsky a new aviation industry development strategy, growth points in the helicopter, and refusal to finance the project of high-speed helicopter perspective
- Ministry of Industry has prepared a strategy for the development of the Russian aviation industry for the period up to 2030. A lot of new?
- The previous strategy was adopted in 2006 and has been calculated up to 2015. Accordingly, its action is over. This year we have developed a new document, which should be the key to the industry in terms of the direction of future development. The development strategy was accompanied by public discussions on various platforms, including aircraft manufacturers in the Union, which includes 90% of the companies in one way or another connected with aviation: manufacturers, suppliers, remzavody. Key provisions of the document were discussed with representatives of the State Duma profile committee. Now we have sent a draft strategy for the coordination of the federal bodies of executive power.
Also, the basic document for the industry is the state program of development of the aviation industry for the period up to 2025. She began to act this year, replacing the federal target program.
- What are the priorities selected?
- The main objective of the strategy remains the same - to consolidate and strengthen the position of Russia as an aviation power. In the new document, the emphasis is primarily on the areas related to the improvement of the efficiency of the integrated structures - the KLA, "Russian Helicopters", JDC and others.
It is obvious that the increase in production volume due to the extensive development of limited capabilities of enterprises, including human resources. Therefore one of the key elements of improving the economic situation in the aviation industry, in our view, should be the change of the industrial model of integrated structures - broad development of cooperation, risk-divided partnership. It is necessary to develop existing suppliers and new, including through the allocation of suppliers of integrated structures and encouraging their entry into the world market, integration into the global division of labor.
In general, an increase in the presence of Russian products to foreign markets - is an important element of the strategy. However, in comparison with the previous document, we adjusted the target. Previously the task was to take its products to 10% of the global civil aviation market, but now has become a more realistic figure. We want 2030 to take 3% of the world market. And I must tell you, this problem is no less ambitious, given the fact that today the proportion of our civil aviation industry represents less than 1%.
Of course, the implementation of the strategy can be provided that have the resources and have the incentive mechanism to achieve the goals. The document we have focused on government stimulation in the form of support measures, these tools are well known.
- When do you plan to adopt the document?
- We assume that in December we get comments of the federal bodies of executive power. Perhaps with some agree with some - not. We seek a consensus. We hope that in the I quarter of next year, the strategy will be approved.
- What amount of funding is planned to subsidize the export of aircraft?
- This is not in the strategy. There is the development of guidelines, a set of measures. Financing volumes specified in the government program.
- How much you want to give?
- All our needs are justified by concrete calculations and linked to specific performance indicators. We do not say, give a trillion or two. Everything rests on the production capacity of enterprises, their obligations under the state defense order contracts and state program of armaments, export contracts, as well as plans to promote to certain markets. For example, Sukhoi Superjet 100 is certified according to European standards EASA. This allows you to plan a sufficiently wide market coverage.
The government program we have support measures. They aim to ensure that the future operator has been profitable to work with new domestic appliances. As long as these measures apply to the aircraft. Now we are preparing a proposal for helicopters. I believe that such measures will be in the next year. But I must stress that our proposed measures are targeted only at the initial stage of operation. We help start the process, on producers and operators must work independently.
- With respect to the geography of deliveries of Russian aircraft have a rough understanding?
- With regard to the Sukhoi Superjet 100 is the first major foreign operator - is a Mexican company Interjet. This is one of the most beloved partners, because it is very closely related to the cooperation with the "Sukhoi Civil Aircraft" (SCAC) in the approaches to the maintenance of machinery. Interjet have very high technical culture. In mid-November, I was in Mexico, visited the company, got acquainted with their technical facilities, management approaches. I can say that Interjet - is indifferent operators who enjoy Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft.
The second major foreign partner GSS - Irish CityJet, which signed a "hard" contract for 15 aircraft and an option for another 16. CityJet this year, has already received three aircraft. The model of the company's business is such that they independently carry out transportation and rent boats in the "wet lease", that is, with a crew of other carriers. According to my information, CityJet now actively cooperates with Finnaire companies, as well as the "Brussels Airlines". That is our aircraft, Sukhoi Superjet 100, it starts to fly in Europe. Consumer reviews of the product is very high, both in terms of comfort and efficiency of technical solutions, as well as from the point of view of economic efficiency.
But right now we need to pay very close attention to after-sales service and maintenance SSJ100. KLA, GSS, and we are actively engaged. support measures contained in the government program aimed at relieve bottlenecks - on the one hand, it is necessary to support the operator when introducing a new type of technology, as I said, on the other - to help the manufacturer the right to organize the timely ordering and delivery of spare parts to aircraft or helicopters not idle on the ground, and worked.
Any measure designed to subsidize the costs associated with the production of spare parts, supplies of their operators, but there is interest subsidy on loans taken on the organization of the warehouse. We understand that in order to arrange for after-sales service at the appropriate level, to form one or more parts warehouses in different parts of the world, the operator must either freeze working capital or obtain loans and serve them, which is costly. After consultations with manufacturers, operators and leasing companies we have developed a measure aimed at partial compensation of such costs.
In advance of such a measure has been developed and state support as subsidies for the costs associated with certification. Primarily, this is directed to devices and components to stimulate developers and manufacturers.
In general, the provision of service - a profitable business, and our task - only to help launch the flywheel.
- It was reported that in Mexico we can organize the production of components for the Sukhoi Superjet. At some stage the question?
- Memorandum. Colleagues from the GSS and Interjet is chosen this way of interaction: the conclusion of the license agreement, and self organization of production. That is, we will give the license for the right to manufacture certain spare parts in Mexico. In reaching this decision, we took into account that Mexico GDP volume occupies 14 th place in the world statistics. The volume of exports of aircraft parts from Mexico - about $ 7.5 billion a year. In this country, collected serious competence even formed due to the presence there of foreign manufacturers. I visited several companies including Snecma's plant. In these enterprises a high level of production and high production standards.
- India is also interested in the Sukhoi Superjet. There is some agreement?
- The negotiations are going. And I must say, the negotiations are not only with companies from India but also from China, Africa.
- You call helicopters "ANSAT" and the Mi-38. What other helicopters and aircraft can receive export support?
- By and large, any product. It does not matter, this is a new development or the development of previous years. A measure of support there for a long time - it is subsidizing interest rates on loans for export. It is implemented jointly with VEB. Such support may be provided to manufacturers of aircraft, helicopters, locomotives, innovative cars, that is applied to the entire spectrum of high-tech industrial products.
- What aviaproekty identified priorities and by any abandoned?
- Sukhoi Superjet 100 and MS-21 - priority projects. Also among the priorities of the Mi-38 and Ka-62. On the Mi-38, as I have said, I received the basic certificate. for the Ka-62 work continues. We look forward to the first full flight of this helicopter, hovering already.
The project is a promising high-speed helicopter was reformatted. Due to the need to revise his original concept of the state funding is discontinued.
In the engine-key project is the subject of civil engine PD-14. He is active in the testing stage. The first phase of test flights on a flying laboratory is complete, start the second. Also launched a project to create a high-thrust engine for PD-35 wide-bodied aircraft.
In the agregatostroeniya and instrument, we set ourselves an ambitious goal - to promote the development KRETom, "technodynamics" and private companies, technical solutions in the field of Aviapribor and units corresponding to the world level, which can then be certified as part of the aircraft, not only in Russia, but also according to international standards.
Among the other sections of the state program - aviation science and small aircraft. Centre in the field of small aviation competencies defined SibNIA, because there is also a design office, and testing facilities. Specialists of the Institute continue to work to create an airplane for local airlines with a capacity of between nine and 19 passengers. Some solutions, such as composite wing biplane design has been tested and shown at last year's MAKS as a demonstrator based on the An-2. Created wing has very good aerodynamic performance, it is a large extension, because it is made from composites. It is a merit SibNIA scientists together with colleagues from TsAGI and other institutions.
- The set of grants to support primary sales Sukhoi Superjet and other aircraft appeared guarantee the residual value. What is its essence?
- All our actions - is a response to market needs. For example, it is important to leasing companies when promoting the aircraft Sukhoi Superjet? When buying a new aircraft, they make long-term investment in the asset, using the money of shareholders or borrowed funds. The plane is, including leveraged return software. In this case the leasing company does not know how much it will cost this aircraft in 12 years, when the leasing contract expires and there is a need to find a new tenant. Today, this can only be roughly predicted.
For such cases, there is in the world Proven Practices - someone guarantees the residual value of the aircraft, determining how much it will cost in 12 years. Taking international experience as a basis, we have developed a measure of support - guaranteed residual value. It was discussed in detail with the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economic Development, the calculations were made. In a special company "KLA-Capital" was established last year, which is controlled by representatives of our major leasing companies and banks. The funds which the state forms, allow 12 years to ensure the payment obligations or cover, if the residual value is less than the estimated. Moreover, the state will cover one-third of the residual value, and the rest will have to give the manufacturer. Thus, this measure will stimulate the manufacturer to take care of their product throughout the life cycle. After all, he knows that he will have to create reserves by the end of the lease agreement.
- How are the funding allocated to support measures?
- The amount of funding allocated to guarantee the residual value, are tied to the number of aircraft, in particular, the plan for the sale of the UAC SSJ100 commercial carriers. Guaranteed residual value does not apply to state agencies to supply aircraft, business jets, because there is another principle of operation.
The same applies to interest rate subsidies on loans to leasing companies. The volumes depend on the interest rate on the loans, the number of airplanes. It is understood that the amount will increase as the supply growth. The measure aims to align the conditions under which the work our aviation industry and foreign competitors. We have a key interest rate - 10.5% and the effective rate for the leasing companies abroad - 2-3%.
- What amount of funding from the state as a whole is scheduled for the aviation industry?
- About 50 billion rubles a year. In drawing up the government program we have laid about the same annual funding until 2025.
- There is a risk of reduced funding?
- Reducing the threat is always there. Economic conditions and parameters of the budget by the time may change. Experimentally SSJ100 first time we came to the complex product. Not only for its production, but also the beginning of operation. And we do these approaches will also be applied to the MS-21.
If you remember, it was a Sukhoi Superjet - made product, and then live as you want. Well, such a scheme does not work. Aircraft have to accompany, support. Therefore, having filled bumps on the promotion of Sukhoi Superjet, we not only understand, but also try to convey to our colleagues from other departments, that this project should be supported.
Today we can see that the measures are starting to bear fruit by the State. Maybe not a huge success, but we were able to, for example, together with colleagues from the KLA and stabilize the GSS boot production Sukhoi Superjet 100. The stability allows to correctly plan purchases, labor costs, investment costs, and not only in the KLA, but also in enterprises entering into cooperation. However, a more pronounced effect, we will be able to feel later, as everyone in the aviation industry has long cycles.
- Some companies, for example, Boeing and Airbus would like to expand its presence in Russia. Solutions already exist?
- Perhaps you have in mind to work with Russian suppliers. Today, some local companies are already partners Boeing and Airbus. For example, the largest supplier of titanium for the two world leaders in aircraft manufacturing - a Russian company "VSMPO-Avisma".
There are other examples: the company "Hamilton-Science", located in Kimry, develops and markets heat exchangers, "Gidromash" from Nizhny Novgorod supplies landing gear. Corporation "Irkut", a member of the KLA, supplies landing gear niche for the Airbus A-320. Such examples, unfortunately, not very much, but they are. And it tells how that our level of production culture, if not everywhere, but high enough so that we have the capacity to do it.
- In MS-21 there is already some supply arrangements, with which countries?
- There are contracts signed leasing companies with 175 aircraft. Contracts with foreign customers yet. To intensify this process will be after the first flight.
- You are monitoring the situation with the preparation for it?
- And how! We expect that the resolution on the first flight will be received in the first half of March 2017. Everything is going according to schedule, work is being done actively, both at the factory and in research institutions conducting the tests. Aircraft Certification by Russian standards has already begun. Negotiations on the early foreign standards certification should take place in the near future. We are connected in parallel to the maximum all processes.
- There is interest in the MS-21 by foreign airlines?
- On the plane was rolling out a lot of foreign colleagues: Acquisitions and airline representatives were invited. It seems to me, operators around the world are interested to destroy the duopoly that has developed in this class of aircraft between Boeing and Airbus. All, of course, in anticipation, the first flight of the MS-21 will take place.
For the first time in the MS-21 is used entirely composite - "black" - wing. This is the first experience for the aviation industry and the chemical industry. It is necessary to confirm the qualifications, loyalty engineering calculations.
- The head of "Rusal" Oleg Deripaska, who also attended the rollout of MS-21, talked about the desire of the company to supply high-strength alloys for the aircraft? Do you now have any agreement?
- "Rusal" said that developed a high-scandium-aluminum alloys. We held several meetings with colleagues from the "Rusal", created a working group composed of representatives of "Rusal" and VIAM. VIAM must first to certify these alloys for the possibility of their use by designers in the design and construction of aircraft. This work goes on.
- Ministry of Industry decided on light aircraft for local airlines?
- Firstly, we have the Il-114 project. This is also the regional aviation. The work is organized. Then in the regional aviation development, a project to localize the production of L-410 in Yekaterinburg. Czech partners watching for any information about the project and sensitive to rumors that the alleged domestic owners want to close the plant in the Czech Republic, and move production to Ekaterinburg. There is no such problem. Why cover the production and design of the aircraft, which is certified according to standards easovskim? Why shut themselves potential market? As for the L-410 production development in Yekaterinburg, its adaptation to Russian conditions, of course, will be agreed with the developer. We hope that this will increase the competitiveness of the aircraft, not only in Russia but also abroad. This aircraft is more competitive in the Russian market than, say, Twin Otter. L-410 is consistent with the priorities and preferences of leasing companies. In addition, the Czech company Aircraft Industries Russian shareholders.
Another project in this segment, as I said, is implemented on the basis of SibNIA where 9-19 seaters developed. The SibNIA today compares favorably with other institutions? In SibNIA there CB. It is certified, there are specialists, system design. SibNIA is working on this product since the release of the design documentation to the future assignment of letter "O".
Works deployed. Go, in my opinion, the right way. First, based on the flying laboratory An-2 was tested a prototype of the wing. It has proven effective in the flights. Further colleagues made sketchily-technical project 9-seater aircraft. Now comes the manufacture of parts of the aircraft. We hope that next year will be able to see it at max. At least, it would be desirable, of course, to see one of the first flights. But let's not guessing.
- This year, the project was restarted regional turboprop aircraft IL-114. On it allocated over 50 billion rubles. How is he going?
- In total, the program provided 55.9 billion rubles. This amount covers the cost of digitization of aircraft, redesign, modernization of production and certification. The world lives, everything changes, change the rules of aviation. Another trend - is to improve the power plant. the establishment of after-sales service network is also provided. Finally, sales support through capital increase of any of the leasing companies, which will deal with the promotion of the aircraft. Recapitalization will reduce the cost of ownership of the aircraft.
- Some experts say that the project is a long-haul Il-96-400 backed by the state is unlikely to be recovered. What do you think about it?
- The issue of return or not return invested in an investment project depends on whether "public parrots" to measure and put some dates. What's Il-96-400 for the country? This is, firstly, the question of preserving the design and construction of competences widebody long-haul aircraft, which is especially important now, as we enter the project of creation of wide-body aircraft with Chinese partners. The second - is to download the Voronezh aircraft factory.
In view of the planned measures to support the operator, as well as a possible recapitalization of the leasing company it is possible that the aircraft will be more profitable to operate than Boeing and Airbus. Cheaper than in terms of operating costs, but in terms of ownership costs.
And do not forget about the amount of subsidies, which are now allocated to air carriers conducting flights to the Far East and mainly exploiting foreign equipment. It also must be considered.
- So you expect a positive overall effect?
- Management of the airline "Transaero" has developed a plan to create on the basis of a new carrier airlines. Are you familiar with the document? Do you consider it possible to create a new airline?
- We have heard that "Transaero" on the base would create an airline that including to operate and SSJ100. We always support the promotion of Russian products. If the new carrier will use domestic appliances, and "Transaero" this experience was, we would welcome its appearance on the market.
In addition, we welcome its appearance and from a consumer perspective. Many people today say that the care "Transaero" ticket prices have increased. The appearance on the market of another carrier - an additional competition, and hence more balanced pricing policy.
- Did they send you a plan to introduce?
- Not yet.