Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Share

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2126
    Points : 2241
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  higurashihougi on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:40 pm

    https://www.rt.com/business/347453-boeing-russia-four-billion/

    Russian firm may save Boeing's iconic Jumbo Jet

    US plane maker Boeing is currently negotiating with Russia’s largest air-freight company about a $4 billion deal to buy at least 10 Boeing 747-8 freighters, an unnamed source close to the matter told Bloomberg.

    The contract with AirBridgeCargo Airlines and its Moscow-based parent company, Volga-Dnepr Group, could help continue the production of the Boeing-747, known popularly as the Jumbo Jet. Demand for the four-engine iconic aircraft has significantly declined in recent years.

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1188
    Points : 1206
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  KiloGolf on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:48 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:https://www.rt.com/business/347453-boeing-russia-four-billion/

    Russian firm may save Boeing's iconic Jumbo Jet

    US plane maker Boeing is currently negotiating with Russia’s largest air-freight company about a $4 billion deal to buy at least 10 Boeing 747-8 freighters, an unnamed source close to the matter told Bloomberg.

    The contract with AirBridgeCargo Airlines and its Moscow-based parent company, Volga-Dnepr Group, could help continue the production of the Boeing-747, known popularly as the Jumbo Jet. Demand for the four-engine iconic aircraft has significantly declined in recent years.

    Say what you like, this is the sexiest widebody out there music
    Both -I and -F.


    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5663
    Points : 6069
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Austin on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:09 pm

    Why not buy IL-96-400 instead it would be pity if they bankrolled Boeing instead

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3360
    Points : 3403
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:16 pm

    Austin wrote:Why not buy IL-96-400 instead it would be pity if they bankrolled Boeing instead
    Boeing will cut them a really good deal as it will allow them to keep a very profitable line going. Plus its a very good way for Russia to dump some more US$.

    Clearly sanctions don't apply to US companies Smile

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1188
    Points : 1206
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  KiloGolf on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:25 pm

    Austin wrote:Why not buy IL-96-400 instead it would be pity if they bankrolled Boeing instead

    The company already operates 747s since like forever, both 744 and 748 freighters.
    I assume they want to keep things simply logistically.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3658
    Points : 3770
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:56 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    Austin wrote:Why not buy IL-96-400 instead it would be pity if they bankrolled Boeing instead
    Boeing will cut them a really good deal as it will allow them to keep a very profitable line going. Plus its a very good way for Russia to dump some more US$.

    Clearly sanctions don't apply to US companies Smile

    This^

    Prices are definitely crazy low, this will probably be the best deal on 747 in the history of the model. I would buy couple of extra if I were them just to have them in storage.

    And I don't think that Il-96-400 is in active production. It will be used as basis for new model but right now it's not really available.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2500
    Points : 2633
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  kvs on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:33 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    Austin wrote:Why not buy IL-96-400 instead it would be pity if they bankrolled Boeing instead
    Boeing will cut them a really good deal as it will allow them to keep a very profitable line going. Plus its a very good way for Russia to dump some more US$.

    Clearly sanctions don't apply to US companies Smile

    This^

    Prices are definitely crazy low, this will probably be the best deal on 747 in the history of the model. I would buy couple of extra if I were them just to have them in storage.

    And I don't think that Il-96-400 is in active production. It will be used as basis for new model but right now it's not really available.  

    Something does not add up. Any price, low or high, is about 100% more for Russia compared to 2014. The prices are in dollars.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3658
    Points : 3770
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:28 am

    kvs wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    Austin wrote:Why not buy IL-96-400 instead it would be pity if they bankrolled Boeing instead
    Boeing will cut them a really good deal as it will allow them to keep a very profitable line going. Plus its a very good way for Russia to dump some more US$.

    Clearly sanctions don't apply to US companies Smile

    This^

    Prices are definitely crazy low, this will probably be the best deal on 747 in the history of the model. I would buy couple of extra if I were them just to have them in storage.

    And I don't think that Il-96-400 is in active production. It will be used as basis for new model but right now it's not really available.  

    Something does not add up.   Any price, low or high, is about 100% more for Russia compared to 2014.  The prices are in dollars.

    In this case customer has Boeing by the short ones. Prices will be lower than ever.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4467
    Points : 4658
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:22 am

    Meanwhile Boeing is profiteering on the proliferation of ABM's in Eastern Europe...but don't tell the jackass liberasts this, because they'll ignore it either way:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-Based_Midcourse_Defense

    http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app4/gbi.html

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1188
    Points : 1206
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  KiloGolf on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:14 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:Meanwhile Boeing is profiteering on the proliferation of ABM's in Eastern Europe...but don't tell the jackass liberasts this, because they'll ignore it either way:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-Based_Midcourse_Defense

    http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app4/gbi.html

    Boeing Commercial =/= Boeing Defense
    In fact they are not allowed mix their accounts or inject income from one company to the other.

    Russia in fact is a major Boeing partner for titanium alloys and parts.
    Boeing has and will invest billions of USD to the Russian Economy.

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5663
    Points : 6069
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Austin on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:08 pm

    Russia and China have signed an agreement for Wide Body Aircraft and Civil Heavy Helicopter

    http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/79513/

    Russia and China signed an agreement on joint implementation of programs widebody long-haul aircraft, and on cooperation in the program of creation of civil heavy helicopter.

    The sides signed an intergovernmental agreement on the joint implementation of the program widebody long-haul aircraft. The liner with a capacity of 250-300 passengers have to compete with Airbus and Boeing aircraft, and will take a significant market share not only in Russia and China, but also in other countries.

    Just signed a cooperation agreement on the program of creation of a civil perspective heavy helicopter AHL. Its development will deal with Chinese state company AVICOPTER with the assistance of "Helicopters of Russia"

    The demand for a new car in China can make more than 200 helicopters by 2040. Takeoff weight AHL could reach 38 tons. The helicopter will be adapted for around the clock operation in hot climates, in high mountains and in all weather conditions.

    wilhelm
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 224
    Points : 230
    Join date : 2014-12-09

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  wilhelm on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:35 pm

    Volga-Dnepr at Farnborough signed a deal for 20 Boeing 747 freighters over the next 6 years.
    The list value of such a deal has been put at around $7,5 billion.

    Lessons are simply not being learnt. Bizarre.
    This road has been travelled before, and it is very disappointing.

    It's high time the Russian government slapped massive taxes on stuff like this in the face of US sanctions. Couple it with tax breaks for ordering a platform such as the Il-96 freighter.
    This will make the Boeing 747 the most numerous type in Volga-Dnepr's inventory...almost half the fleet
    If Russian companies are not going to support Russian aerospace firms, then what is the point?

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:27 pm

    wilhelm wrote:Volga-Dnepr at Farnborough signed a deal for 20 Boeing 747 freighters over the next 6 years.
    The list value of such a deal has been put at around $7,5 billion.

    Lessons are simply not being learnt. Bizarre.
    This road has been travelled before, and it is very disappointing.

    It's high time the Russian government slapped massive taxes on stuff like this in the face of US sanctions. Couple it with tax breaks for ordering a platform such as the Il-96 freighter.
    This will make the Boeing 747 the most numerous type in Volga-Dnepr's inventory...almost half the fleet
    If Russian companies are not going to support Russian aerospace firms, then what is the point?

    Ruslan fleet is almost worn out. What they should do, tell me pls?

    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 528
    Points : 537
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Project Canada on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:11 am

    I think Russia is still not in the position to replace larger sized passenger planes with their own homemade models. they have only started to produce local regional planes like the superjet and now ms-21. maybe in the future when the il-96 replacement is ready for production we will see a gradual decline in the purchase of American heavy civilian aircrafts

    OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 803
    Points : 822
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 21
    Location : Nelson, New Zealand

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  OminousSpudd on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:20 am

    wilhelm wrote:Volga-Dnepr at Farnborough signed a deal for 20 Boeing 747 freighters over the next 6 years.
    The list value of such a deal has been put at around $7,5 billion.

    Lessons are simply not being learnt. Bizarre.
    This road has been travelled before, and it is very disappointing.

    It's high time the Russian government slapped massive taxes on stuff like this in the face of US sanctions. Couple it with tax breaks for ordering a platform such as the Il-96 freighter.
    This will make the Boeing 747 the most numerous type in Volga-Dnepr's inventory...almost half the fleet
    If Russian companies are not going to support Russian aerospace firms, then what is the point?

    Read above comments... Dumping greenbacks, keeping technical support simple, and super duper cheap deal.

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5663
    Points : 6069
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Austin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:57 pm

    Superjet CityJet

    http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/80524/

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5663
    Points : 6069
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Austin on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:31 pm

    Ilyushin Il-96-400M

    http://www.ruaviation.com/docs/3/2016/4/13/104/


    Russia Backs UAC to Expand Airliner Product Range

    http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/air-transport/2016-02-15/russia-backs-uac-expand-airliner-product-range

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2500
    Points : 2633
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  kvs on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:30 pm

    Austin wrote:Ilyushin Il-96-400M

    http://www.ruaviation.com/docs/3/2016/4/13/104/


    Russia Backs UAC to Expand Airliner Product Range

    http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/air-transport/2016-02-15/russia-backs-uac-expand-airliner-product-range

    All it needs are high-bypass turbofan engines. The current ones it has are ancient designs that guzzle aviation fuel like there is no
    tomorrow.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:34 pm

    They are using the new PD-14 engines for this variant. So it shouldn't be sucking fuel.

    Svyatoslavich
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 252
    Points : 263
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:44 am

    kvs wrote:
    Austin wrote:Ilyushin Il-96-400M

    http://www.ruaviation.com/docs/3/2016/4/13/104/


    Russia Backs UAC to Expand Airliner Product Range

    http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/air-transport/2016-02-15/russia-backs-uac-expand-airliner-product-range

    All it needs are high-bypass turbofan engines.   The current ones it has are ancient designs that guzzle aviation fuel like there is no
    tomorrow.
    The PS-90 is a high-bypass turbofan, its design isn't the most modern but there are still many Western aircraft flying with contemporary or even older engines (RB211, V2500, GE90, PW4000, CFM56). It isn't a gas guzzler either, not like the NK-86 that powered the Il-86.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2500
    Points : 2633
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  kvs on Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:05 am

    Svyatoslavich wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Austin wrote:Ilyushin Il-96-400M

    http://www.ruaviation.com/docs/3/2016/4/13/104/


    Russia Backs UAC to Expand Airliner Product Range

    http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/air-transport/2016-02-15/russia-backs-uac-expand-airliner-product-range

    All it needs are high-bypass turbofan engines.   The current ones it has are ancient designs that guzzle aviation fuel like there is no
    tomorrow.
    The PS-90 is a high-bypass turbofan, its design isn't the most modern but there are still many Western aircraft flying with contemporary or even older engines (RB211, V2500, GE90, PW4000, CFM56). It isn't a gas guzzler either, not like the NK-86 that powered the Il-86.

    By its shape it looked like an old design. But you are right, it is a high bypass engine from 1992 and twice as efficient as the older
    engines. The bypass ratio is 4.4 so it is not all that great. For the PD-14 the bypass ratio will be about 8.

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5663
    Points : 6069
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Austin on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:02 am

    PS-90A development did not remain constant but keep upgrading to A1/A2/A-76 and A-3 with improvement in Maintenance hour and Operational availability

    http://avid.ru/en/avia/?id=5

    Even today PS-90 variants are very competitive barring the PD-14/PW1400/LEAP variants.

    The idea of IL-96-400M remains very sound it can carry like 430 passenger out to 13000 km and likely with PD-14M those figures are bound to improve , So its great for mass transportation within Russia which is a huge land mass.

    It is good that are continuing further development of IL-96-400M with funding of $750 million provided for the same.

    Other than that it helps keep the capability/technical manpower gainfully employed as Wide Body Manufacturing is just limited to US and EU.

    Even the Russian-Chinese Wide Body Jet with capacity of 280 seater would be manufactured in China , so that leaves only the IL-96 to be manufactured in Russia for long time to come.

    UAC and Comac Work on Budget for New Widebody Program


    https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/aerospace/2016-07-18/uac-and-comac-work-budget-new-widebody-program

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5663
    Points : 6069
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Austin on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:06 pm

    Found a very recent video of IL-96-300 , its a nice 8 mins video from take off to touch down , liked the way spoilers worked post landing , The guy who took the video of this flight also did a review which I am posting


    Published on Sep 15, 2015


    Ilyushin’s long range IL-96-300 has always had a hard life. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russian airlines rather took cheap and old western aircraft. The once as new flagship designed airliner in the end only flew a few years for Domodedovo Airlines and Kras Air in larger numbers and only at Aeroflot actually took over the role as leading aircraft type. Today, only Cubana operates this airliner, all the others are gone. And it was the last summer of Ilyushin IL-96 ops with Aeroflot, when this wonderful piece of Russian engineering made its way to Sochi.

    The IL-96 is a way better aircraft than one would expect from flying on older Tupolevs and Ilyushins. The cabin with Aeroflot was modern but lacked an inflight entertainment system. But hey, Russians like to read anyway. During start- up and in flight the airliner showed qualities unsought of. The fly by wire not only allowed a stable and smooth flight through turbulence, like on the A380, but the cabin was extremely silent and comfortable. With only nine abreast seats installed, Ilyushin’s widebody offers more space than a typical ten abreast B777.

    The huge lower deck galley was used for preparing a great meal, and for a three hour flight, lot’s of non alcoholic drinks were served. Besides the high degree of service aboard Aeroflot, the classic Ilyushin “goodies” are fun to play with, for example the individual fans for every seat, or the LED lights.

    Generally speaking it’s a shame these airliners sold so bad and are gone already, since they are at least as good if not better than comparable Airbus or Boeing airliners. Unfortunately it’s PS-90 engines burn a bit more fuel per passenger than a B767, and since nowadays each and every gram of fuel saved counts, the destiny of this great airliner was clear…

    But never the less it was a great flying experience and something nobody should have missed!





    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5663
    Points : 6069
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Austin on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:17 pm




    Firebird
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 909
    Points : 941
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Firebird on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:23 pm

    Austin wrote:PS-90A development did not remain constant but keep upgrading to A1/A2/A-76 and A-3 with improvement in Maintenance hour and Operational availability

    http://avid.ru/en/avia/?id=5

    Even today PS-90 variants are very competitive barring the PD-14/PW1400/LEAP variants.

    The idea of IL-96-400M remains very sound it can carry like 430 passenger out to 13000 km and likely with PD-14M those figures are bound to improve , So its great for mass transportation within Russia which is a huge land mass.

    It is good that are continuing further development of IL-96-400M with funding of $750 million provided for the same.

    Other than that it helps keep the capability/technical manpower gainfully employed as Wide Body Manufacturing is just limited to US and EU.

    Even the Russian-Chinese Wide Body Jet with capacity of 280 seater would be manufactured in China , so that leaves only the IL-96 to be manufactured in Russia for long time to come.

    UAC and Comac Work on Budget for New Widebody Program


    https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/aerospace/2016-07-18/uac-and-comac-work-budget-new-widebody-program

    Is it just final assembly ie the cheap stuff thats done in China?
    Or will advanced manufacturing be done at the Zhukovsky plant or elsewhere in Russia?

    If Russia is contributing 50% on development and ofcourse the vast majority of expertise, why does there appear to be a limited role in the final assembly?

    Perhaps Russia will build its own wide body in Russia? Something similar to how it jointly develops Brahmos with India, but has Zircon missiles for itself. Likewise with the Pak-fa and the separate Indo-Russian stealth fighter.

    I'm glad Russia is finally getting stuff done again on civil aviation.
    Its the only country that could have produced a viable supersonic jet. Its IL-96 would be a super plane. And the KR-860 would have beaten the A-380 Airbus hands done, and many years before.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:02 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:02 pm