Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

4 posters

Ash vs the Evil Dead - TV Series starting halloween

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Ash vs the Evil Dead - TV Series starting halloween Empty Ash vs the Evil Dead - TV Series starting halloween

Post  sepheronx Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:50 pm

Warning: Graphic

Looks fantastic! I am a huge evil dead fan and collector of the series (evil dead necronomicon edition, Treasures, etc), and Within the woods (prequel)

It is daunting to look at how old Bruce Campbell has gotten, but I am so looking forward to this.
    max steel
    max steel

Ash vs the Evil Dead - TV Series starting halloween Empty Re: Ash vs the Evil Dead - TV Series starting halloween

Post  max steel Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:15 am

I'll be waiting for The Flash season 2 , Daredevil season 2 and Arrow season 4 .
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Ash vs the Evil Dead - TV Series starting halloween Empty Re: Ash vs the Evil Dead - TV Series starting halloween

Post  flamming_python Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:07 am

Looks cool.
    Would have prefered a continuation of the last movie though, Army of Darkness.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:44 am

Sounds like it is a continuation... I can't even remember how it ends though.

In the late 1990s I played a lot of Duke Nukem and he clearly has a lot of influence from Bruce Campbells voice and his characters... a bit like a Clint Eastwood/Bruce Campbell mix...
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:13 pm

flamming_python wrote:Looks cool.
    Would have prefered a continuation of the last movie though, Army of Darkness.

There were two endings to Army of Darkness.
    1) where he crawls out of the cave he moved himself and his car into. Drank the potion and said the words (incorrectly of course). Woke up in his time, crawled out of the cave, and saw the world destroyed.

2) (apprently official ending) he is back at S-Mart and telling his two coworkers (one played by Ted Raimi. Younger brother to director Sam Raimi) about how he got his metal hand and what had happened. Then one of the shoppers turned into a deadite and attacked them, with Ash blowing it away with his boomstick.

I suppose it is a decade and a half since the AOD. He just mentions about the first one (cabin in woods, etc).

Someone else explained that the second novie was technically a continuation of the first movie but due to losing rights over the first movie, they (Sam Raimi) couldnt use footage from it so they recreated the recap themselves (and I suppose couldnt get same actors either besides Bruce Campbell of course), so first 10 mins are the recap (which explains how there was Evil Ash as example).

So pretty much a continuation.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:01 pm

I always thought Bruce Campbell looked like a horror version of Jim Carrey. Like Jim Carrey's darker brother.

Oh yeah that's right, I remember both of those two endings now I think. Must have seen them both. They should have carried on with the destroyed world then.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:39 pm

Oh man, the first episode was awesome!  Absolutely hilarious, cheesy and gruesome.  I highly recommend you guys watch it if you can stomach some gore.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:32 am

I saw it too and enjoyed it too.

Sure the black lady with the two shot derringer didn't reload and seemed to fire four times from two barrels and each shot seemed to be able to take a persons head completely off... but who cares...

I normally don't like horrors, but this family of movies/TV shows reminds me of old movies like the Toxic Avenger and of course some old Sir Peter Jackson movies like the Frighteners...

Overall great fun... and I have always liked Bruce Campbells humour.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:17 pm

GarryB wrote:I saw it too and enjoyed it too.

Sure the black lady with the two shot derringer didn't reload and seemed to fire four times from two barrels and each shot seemed to be able to take a persons head completely off... but who cares...

I normally don't like horrors, but this family of movies/TV shows reminds me of old movies like the Toxic Avenger and of course some old Sir Peter Jackson movies like the Frighteners...

Overall great fun... and I have always liked Bruce Campbells humour.

Yeah, only problem was that with the two shot handgun.  Outside of that, the episode was great.  They purposely went the route of cheesiness for this series.  They were hoping to include info and stuff from Army of Darkness but apparently Raimi couldn't get the rights for it before filming this so they had to scrap things like the S-Mart and the like.

Also noticed too that you could see his real teeth when he was putting on the replacement dentures.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 am