Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+10
flamming_python
Neirdark
GarryB
Morpheus Eberhardt
Book.
PapaDragon
George1
archangelski
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
14 posters

Hi from Switzerland

Neirdark

Hi from Switzerland Empty Hi from Switzerland

Post  Neirdark Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:36 pm

I don't really know how to introduce myself and english isn't my main language. Embarassed

I can only explain that I have been in love with Russia for a long time. I can't stop being interested in both Russian history and culture due to my family history. Russian food is also too awesome to be forgotten and I ate a lot of russian food when I was a child, but I forgot the language.

I discovered your forum after the death of mp.net and wish to acclimate in their new forum, but it's hard. I witnessed the beginning of the Ukrainian conflict on mp.net (live) and I tried to acclimate in their new forum, but was disgruntled by the amount of biased news there and in western media. Unfortunately, Cold War 2.0 narratives and almost Russophobia seem to be on the rise.

As a historian, military analyst and political scientist, I find Russia and its current geopolitcal comeback fascinating, despite a few sad events and odd political moves. Honestly I think that politics doesn't matter and that we can still be friends despite politics. We are all humans, aren't we?

I think that your forum will be great to get information about the Russian military and to have discussions beyond the wall between East and West.

Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Last edited by Neirdark on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Hi from Switzerland Empty Re: Hi from Switzerland

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:24 pm

welcome
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Cold War 2.0 narratives and almost Russophobia

I disaggree, it is not almost but entirely russophobia to achieve their goal of throwing again one country after another against russia. Russophobia exists because russia is the richest country on earth and everyone wants her resources.
    archangelski
    archangelski

Post  archangelski Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:05 pm

welcome
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:55 pm

welcome
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:04 pm

welcome
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Hello neirdark

Here the new pic thread

lot ex mp here thumbsup

https://www.russiadefence.net/t4033-russian-military-photos-and-videos
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:38 pm

welcome
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:53 am

welcome Smile
    Neirdark

Post  Neirdark Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Werewolf wrote:

I disagree, it is not almost but entirely russophobia to achieve their goal of throwing again one country after another against russia. Russophobia exists because russia is the richest country on earth and everyone wants her resources.

In my opinion, we are only close to russophobia. The recent attacks are targeted at the government and not against Russians as an ethnic group. I haven't seen any articles talking about "Russians ate my baby" or calling Russians Untermenschen yet, even if I hated the way they mocked Sochi olympics.

This interview (in french and english) is great :

- http://www.russieinfo.com/russie-occident-une-guerre-de-mille-ans-2015-05-05
    - http://russia-insider.com/en/why-we-love-hate-russia-european-writer-guy-mettan-enlightens-rt/ri7453

I have the feeling that Cold War wasn't over in 1991 in the minds of old US politicians and kremlinologists. Many of those old guard hawks are still in power in USA, including the infamous Zbigniew Brzezinski. They fear the return of a mighty Soviet Union 2.0 and the potential alliance of Russia-China ... Heartland, Rimland, Containment, Grand chessboard, Ukraine as Russian center of gravity, blablabla.

More importantly, they are afraid to lose their jobs. It's crazy that they still listen to those crazy guys instead of Kissinger.  cry

Book. wrote:Hello neirdark

Here the new pic thread

lot ex mp here  thumbsup

https://www.russiadefence.net/t4033-russian-military-photos-and-videos

I admit I immediately googled for RomanS after the closure of mp.net, as I became addicted to the russian photos thread due to my job, my studies and my current military service.

Fortunately, I was able to reach Archiveteam on reddit, before the light was turned off. Embarassed

Post  Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:56 pm

welcome Nice to see ya here!
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Neirdark wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

I disagree, it is not almost but entirely russophobia to achieve their goal of throwing again one country after another against russia. Russophobia exists because russia is the richest country on earth and everyone wants her resources.

In my opinion, we are only close to russophobia. The recent attacks are targeted at the government and not against Russians as an ethnic group. I haven't seen any articles talking about "Russians ate my baby" or calling Russians Untermenschen yet, even if I hated the way they mocked Sochi olympics.

Well there seems to be a distinct lack of worry about all the civilians killed in the Donbass, or the anti-Maidan protestors killed in Odessa, or the curtailing of Russian language and cultural rights in the Ukraine and the Baltic states, so yeah I'd say we're pretty close to Russophobia in Europe.

Honestly I feel the untermenshchen stuff is almost like a step away.
    They're starting to realize their lack of success in pitting the Russian people against the Russian government, so now they're raising their hands and declaring that our culture is homophobic and undemocratic by nature, etc... this is the next step, to drive a wedge between Russians and the rest of the people's of Europe, so that they can look upon us as some barbaric, expansionist force like the Muslims are to an extent.
    It helps that we're white, so they need not be worried about accusations of racism from any liberals.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:52 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    They're starting to realize their lack of success in pitting the Russian people against the Russian government, so now they're raising their hands and declaring that our culture is homophobic and undemocratic by nature, etc... this is the next step, to drive a wedge between Russians and the rest of the people's of Europe, so that they can look upon us as some barbaric, expansionist force like the Muslims are to an extent.
    It helps that we're white, so they need not be worried about accusations of racism from any liberals.

Unnecessary bullshit, if someone is expansionist barbarians then it is we christians and proven by history, genocide of two entire continents under the flag of christianity and empire. Do not get this irrational islamophobia especially from people that know better that there is nothing expansionial about muslims and all bad names they get are mercenaries of the west and still you throw feces like an ape, you only ridiculing yourself with such cheap shots.
    Glyph

Post  Glyph Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:47 am

Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Unnecessary bullshit, if someone is expansionist barbarians then it is we christians and proven by history, genocide of two entire continents under the flag of christianity and empire. Do not get this irrational islamophobia especially from people that know better that there is nothing expansionial about muslims and all bad names they get are mercenaries of the west and still you throw feces like an ape, you only ridiculing yourself with such cheap shots.

you must be the one guy offering rides to the refugee in Germany.

honestly Werewolf, you are both side of the kopeka.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Glyph wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Werewolf is quite right. Islam had an expansionist phase early on but then transitioned out of it much earlier than Christianity. Today
    the post-Christian west is still the same expansionist, imperialist entity it always was. The EU whinging about the Syrian refugees is
    grotesque.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:15 pm

welcome
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:26 pm

kvs wrote:
    Glyph wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Werewolf is quite right.   Islam had an expansionist phase early on but then transitioned out of it much earlier than Christianity.   Today
    the post-Christian west is still the same expansionist, imperialist entity it always was.    The EU whinging about the Syrian refugees is
    grotesque.

Especially since they are main responsible for the refugees with the american hand deep in their guts, making them to whatever it wants.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:23 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

I meant to say that they want us to be viewed as an expansionist force the same way as the the Muslims are viewed to an extent.

A missed word, that's all. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Indeed I haven't heard of a Muslim country invading a country in Europe since the battle of Vienna.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:28 pm

welcome
    alexZam
    alexZam

Post  alexZam Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:20 am

welcome

Sponsored content