Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

The so called Cultural superiority of West

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: The so called Cultural superiority of West

Post  higurashihougi on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:44 pm

PapaDragon has posted it in Ukrainian thread but I believe it should make an apperance here, too.

http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20150904/1026606433/economist-usa-russia-ukraine-criticism.html

London-based weekly news magazine The Economist is outraged over a recent policy document from South Africa's ruling African National Congress party, labeling the party of anti-Apartheid hero Nelson Mandela "clueless and immoral."

ANC's article, in PDF: http://www.anc.org.za/docs/umrabulo/2015/ngc_disc_docsy.pdf

The Economist article: http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21663226-country-symbolises-human-rights-and-freedom-turning-its-back-both-clueless-and

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:06 pm

higurashihougi wrote:PapaDragon has posted it in Ukrainian thread but I believe it should make an apperance here, too.

http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20150904/1026606433/economist-usa-russia-ukraine-criticism.html

London-based weekly news magazine The Economist is outraged over a recent policy document from South Africa's ruling African National Congress party, labeling the party of anti-Apartheid hero Nelson Mandela "clueless and immoral."

ANC's article, in PDF: http://www.anc.org.za/docs/umrabulo/2015/ngc_disc_docsy.pdf

The Economist article: http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21663226-country-symbolises-human-rights-and-freedom-turning-its-back-both-clueless-and

"The Economist" is a monetarist (really neocon) piece of propaganda excrement. During the 1980s it was a rabid supporter of the
    Contras in Nicaragua. Where are these Reagan-funded "freedom fighters" today? Where is "commie" Daniel Ortega? Looks like
    the Contras were fighting freedom alright, they were fighting the freedom of Nicaraguans. I don't know why people think this
    collection of used toilet paper has any gravitas. It is nothing but a NATO elite narrative pusher.

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:40 pm

kvs wrote:"The Economist" is a monetarist (really neocon) piece of propaganda excrement.  During the 1980s it was a rabid supporter of the
    Contras in Nicaragua.   Where are these Reagan-funded "freedom fighters" today?   Where is "commie" Daniel Ortega?   Looks like
    the Contras were fighting freedom alright, they were fighting the freedom of Nicaraguans.   I don't know why people think this
    collection of used toilet paper has any gravitas.   It is nothing but a NATO elite narrative pusher.

The problem here is the Western-centrism mindset, which is extremely popular both in the East and The West. Even in my country you can see the 10% SOB who always dream about the so-called freedom paradise sincerely intepret all kind of imperialist activities as "liberation", "freedom" or "enlightenment".

Believe me, there are probably considerable number of people if you can call them people believe in Economist's article disregard of such blalantly bias argument.

This issue about the article, beside exposing the quality of the newspaper itself, also showing that there is still a great portion of the population who still blindly believe in the neo-con idea of "freedom paradise" and blindly believe in the so-called inferiority of Russia and Eastern world, disregard of how bias and how wrong it that belief is.

I don't know whether the neo-con propaganda media is so effective or a number of people are so ignorant.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:30 pm

higurashihougi wrote:
    kvs wrote:"The Economist" is a monetarist (really neocon) piece of propaganda excrement.  During the 1980s it was a rabid supporter of the
    Contras in Nicaragua.   Where are these Reagan-funded "freedom fighters" today?   Where is "commie" Daniel Ortega?   Looks like
    the Contras were fighting freedom alright, they were fighting the freedom of Nicaraguans.   I don't know why people think this
    collection of used toilet paper has any gravitas.   It is nothing but a NATO elite narrative pusher.

The problem here is the Western-centrism mindset, which is extremely popular both in the East and The West. Even in my country you can see the 10% SOB who always dream about the so-called freedom paradise sincerely intepret all kind of imperialist activities as "liberation", "freedom" or "enlightenment".

Believe me, there are probably considerable number of people if you can call them people believe in Economist's article disregard of such blalantly bias argument.

This issue about the article, beside exposing the quality of the newspaper itself, also showing that there is still a great portion of the population who still blindly believe in the neo-con idea of "freedom paradise" and blindly believe in the so-called inferiority of Russia and Eastern world, disregard of how bias and how wrong it that belief is.

I don't know whether the neo-con propaganda media is so effective or a number of people are so ignorant.

It is a combination of both. The western media is peddling a nice fantasy and there are millions who love to believe this fantasy.
    They were partly primed by the abuses in their own home countries, be it Russia or elsewhere. But any fully functional brain
    human should have woken up by now that there are no free lunches and Uncle Sam is the biggest crook on the block.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:30 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:30 pm