Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

MiG-25 'Foxbat' Interceptor

nastle77
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Re: MiG-25 'Foxbat' Interceptor

Post  nastle77 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:05 am

Giulio wrote:elint is a kind of intelligence recon, you listen and record the foreign electromagnetic emissions. It is not ecm or eccm. Actually generally I think elint comes before of the ecm: first you listen and register, then someone will study a way to disturb them (ecm).
    The Mig-25 BM I think it has not the radar and missiles for the awacs killing: the Mig-25BM has avionics for detect enemy radar stations and guide on it the Kh-58 missiles. The Kh-58 missiles or kh-31 afaik are air to ground missiles, not air-to-air. I never heard of Mig-25 awacs-killer.
    For awacs killing I think needs a long range radar and a long range missile (like the novator?) and also in this way it seems to me very difficult, but I don't know. Maybe that it is better try to jam the awacs, but I don't know.
    You are right probably not
    http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?69640-Kh-58-and-Kh-31P

BlackArrow
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  BlackArrow on Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Svyatoslavich wrote:
    nemrod wrote:The Mig-25 during Desert Storm,  attacked B-52, F-111, and F-15. As US refused to acknowledge any losses aircraft due to iraqi air force it is hard appraise what's really happened. In Tom Cooper website he said that during Desert Storm, there are Mig-25 that attacked F-15 without success.
    Though the USN doesn't admit officially, it is almost certain that one F/A-18 was shot down by a MiG-25PD:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Speicher#Loss_incident

I don't think the USN completely deny that Speicher may have been shot down by an Iraqi MiG-25PD, or do they?

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:53 am

Documentary on MiG-25 Foxbat

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:25 pm

Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:25 pm