Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
Godric
Erk
kvs
2SPOOKY4U
Flagship Victory
Viktor
Khepesh
Inetwarrior
VladimirSahin
Ispan
Dforce
Walther von Oldenburg
Chersonesus
BKP
GarryB
Rodinazombie
calripson
Werewolf
franco
Regular
Big_Gazza
auslander
Ruthenius
ExBeobachter1987
Ghoster
Boreas
Cucumber Khan
gregoire
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
KomissarBojanchev
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Cowboy's daughter
Odin of Ossetia
flamming_python
Project Canada
par far
JohninMK
sepheronx
whir
Neutrality
47 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

auslander
    auslander

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  auslander Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote: Poroshenko's handlers don't want to give Russia an irrefutable reason to come in and ruin all their hard work. But with that said, it isn't the first time Kiev has tried to get Russia actively involved in the conflict. The Ukrops looked poised to invade Krim quite a few times already. With all the political upheaval going on Kiev who knows who is holding the chains anymore, or if Pork and co. decided to stop listening to their handlers.

There will be no attack on Krimu or this berg, not even the orcs are that stupud. Pretty busy this morning, though.

No real time commo with contact in Gorlovka since last evening.

I have never seen anyone in the uke 'national dress' in this berg, not now, not before this mess started. Here we don't damage or destroy cars with Uke stickers on them and we don't toss stones at those houses that still fly the orc flag either. It is their right just as it is their right to argue their cause as much as they want. On the other hand, to actively practice or encourage sedition and treason is a horse of an entirely different color.

We do have a smatter of cars from other areas besides Novorossiya, you can tell where they are from by the car tag prefix, but no more than usual. In descending order of locations by observed numbers, Donetsk Oblast (by far the highest number of machines, over 75% of Uke cars here) Kiev, Lugansk Oblast, Odessa area. All other areas are so rare one has to look them up. Trucks we don't count, most trucks from Ukeland here are in hiding so they are not requisitioned 'for the war', read taken and promptly sold, and there is a substantial herd of them floating around.

There is a growing annoyance with the numbers of 'guests' we have here who are in semipermanent residence. Many will very honestly tell you they are sitting the war out and intend to return home when the war is successfully concluded. The annoyance factor grows a bit every time we bury one of our boys, the growing consensus of opinion is why the heck are so many of the local men up there fighting while so many military age men from up there are sitting comfortably down here.

Last edited by auslander on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  higurashihougi Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:21 pm

BKP wrote:http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/08/12/ukrainians-are-voting-with-their-feet-against-war-and-economic-disaster/

(...)

This is what I found most interesting, however:

According to several reports received by New Cold War.org, many Ukrainian men, joined by their spouses in some cases, have taken refuge in the two regions which the Kyiv regime’s ‘ATO’ has failed to conquer—Crimea and Donbas. This is ironic because many of these people are strident, pro-Maidan nationalists who supported the February 2014 coup.(...)

Wonder how many of them change their minds and joined Novo Armed Forces Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

======

Basically Porkie signed the decision to increase $250 mil in military spending.

https://eadaily.com/news/2015/08/11/prezident-ukrainy-uvelichil-voennye-rashody-na-250-mln
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

I had trouble getting it to post. It was there but wouldn't show up. It finally did.

It's coming off of this twitter, You can see it here. It's by pete john 53 min ago, and starts out "osce to leave all out war started by ukies"

Does that mean the ukies are going to pop a dirty bomb, then claim the rebels made it and accidentally blew themselves up?

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:40 pm

auslander wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote: Poroshenko's handlers don't want to give Russia an irrefutable reason to come in and ruin all their hard work. But with that said, it isn't the first time Kiev has tried to get Russia actively involved in the conflict. The Ukrops looked poised to invade Krim quite a few times already. With all the political upheaval going on Kiev who knows who is holding the chains anymore, or if Pork and co. decided to stop listening to their handlers.

There will be no attack on Krimu or this berg, not even the orcs are that stupud. Pretty busy this morning, though.

No real time commo with contact in Gorlovka since last evening.

I have never seen anyone in the uke 'national dress' in this berg, not now, not before this mess started. Here we don't damage or destroy cars with Uke stickers on them and we don't toss stones at those houses that still fly the orc flag either. It is their right just as it is their right to argue their cause as much as they want. On the other hand, to actively practice or encourage sedition and treason is a horse of an entirely different color.

We do have a smatter of cars from other areas besides Novorossiya, you can tell where they are from by the car tag prefix, but no more than usual. In descending order of locations by observed numbers, Donetsk Oblast (by far the highest number of machines, over 75% of Uke cars here) Kiev, Lugansk Oblast, Odessa area. All other areas are so rare one has to look them up. Trucks we don't count, most trucks from Ukeland here are in hiding so they are not requisitioned 'for the war', read taken and promptly sold, and there is a substantial herd of them floating around.

There is a growing annoyance with the numbers of 'guests' we have here who are in semipermanent residence. Many will very honestly tell you they are sitting the war out and intend to return home when the war is successfully concluded. The annoyance factor grows a bit every time we bury one of our boys, the growing consensus of opinion is why the heck are so many of the local men up there fighting while so many military age men from up there are sitting comfortably down here.  
    I honestly have my doubts on how smart the Hohols are in regards to starting a fight with Russia. Back two months ago, there was all the talk about Ukraine taking Transnistria. They even got a S-300 system in Odessa. Everybody thought that a war between Russia and Ukraine was imminent but all of a sudden the NAF launched a short but brutal counterattack on the Ukrops.
    Ruthenius
    Ruthenius

Post  Ruthenius Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:07 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:

From Dat Other Place.

Relax, nothing too bad happened, just should've not called some of those local crack lovers "crack lovers" - despite that they are definitely crack lovers who prefer to rant and cry. But that ban is not forever, just some moments. unshaven

Will be interesting to see how the remained are going to develop and contribute to that tread. Hope they won't finaly finish it, I'll cry if that happens. Arrow
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:19 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    I honestly have my doubts on how smart the Hohols are in regards to starting a fight with Russia. Back two months ago, there was all the talk about Ukraine taking Transnistria. They even got a S-300 system in Odessa. Everybody thought that a war between Russia and Ukraine was imminent but all of a sudden the NAF launched a short but brutal counterattack on the Ukrops.

Giving the Hohols anything beyond a ball of cotton is like giving a monkey a hand grenade and then sitting him down with you and the family at the dinner table.

The idiots up Kiev way seem to have an endless array of hair brained schemes that never cease to amaze us so I wouldn't put anything past them or their masters, said masters are the ones in absolute and complete control. Porky and minions don't take a dump without asking permission.

Still no real time commo with up north plus unless reports and informations have come on line in the last hour seems there's a pretty good news block up there.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:24 pm

auslander wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:

Giving the Hohols anything beyond a ball of cotton is like giving a monkey a hand grenade and then sitting him down with you and the family at the dinner table.

The idiots up Kiev way seem to have an endless array of hair brained schemes that never cease to amaze us so I wouldn't put anything past them or their masters, said masters are the ones in absolute and complete control. Porky and minions don't take a dump without asking permission.

Still no real time commo with up north plus unless reports and informations have come on line in the last hour seems there's a pretty good news block up there.

My brain hurt reading that knowing it is true pale
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Ruthenius wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

From Dat Other Place.

Relax, nothing too bad happened, just should've not called some of those local crack lovers "crack lovers" - despite that they are definitely crack lovers who prefer to rant and cry. But that ban is not forever, just some moments. unshaven

Will be interesting to see how the remained are going to develop and contribute to that tread. Hope they won't finaly finish it, I'll cry if that happens. Arrow

Read it this morning just for grins and giggles. That place don't never change, it's the same old small gang posting the same old garbage day in and day out, although I must admit I was surprised to see the polish champion and hero of the thread get banned.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:19 pm

It's quiet on the ground, but oddly quiet in the networks and some places were a lot of chatter is to be expected are silent, and other places have posts removed. It seems that what happened was a huge provocation. All the attacks around the front except Gorlovka were feints to suggest an offensive, but Gorlovka was the target, tho not attacked in full force, only enough to seem as if it was. Popcorn back in the cuboard....
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Khepesh wrote:It's quiet on the ground, but oddly quiet in the networks and some places were a lot of chatter is to be expected are silent, and other places have posts removed. It seems that what happened was a huge provocation. All the attacks around the front except Gorlovka were feints to suggest an offensive, but Gorlovka was the target, tho not attacked in full force, only enough to seem as if it was. Popcorn back in the cuboard....

Hmmm. Makes sense that it was a test to see how, where and how fast NAF among others would react. I think the orcs and their masters have that answer.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:18 pm

auslander wrote:

Hmmm. Makes sense that it was a test to see how, where and how fast NAF among others would react. I think the orcs and their masters have that answer.
    I think today there will be an attempt to downplay everything. Basurin will forget that he told blatant lies about the alert status, ukrops will forget everything, except that they saw what happened with VSN tank forces near Telmanovo last night and will certainly have known about the movements in Donetsk, and will have seen the non reaction from Kremlin. I said in a post last night that in part it all looked like the attack on Elenovka in January, with far more going on elsewhere of course. Yet while ukrops were defeated, they will have seen from where and how fast the reserve moved. Curious this lack of reporting, even in Russian media to a large extent, curious the removal of posts, comments, blogs and removal of interviews by Strelkov.
    gregoire

Post  gregoire Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:14 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    auslander wrote:

I think today there will be an attempt to downplay everything. Basurin will forget that he told blatant lies about the alert status, ukrops will forget everything, except that they saw what happened with VSN tank forces near Telmanovo last night and will certainly have known about the movements in Donetsk, and will have seen the non reaction from Kremlin. I said in a post last night that in part it all looked like the attack on Elenovka in January, with far more going on elsewhere of course. Yet while ukrops were defeated, they will have seen from where and how fast the reserve moved. Curious this lack of reporting, even in Russian media to a large extent, curious the removal of posts, comments, blogs and removal of interviews by Strelkov.

I wouldn't want the enemy to know or guess or find out even the slightest of information on my plans. The real question is, who removed the posts and whose side are they on.
    I dare say that although we may just have seen the tip of the iceberg, things may have become Really Dangerously tense. My guess is; an attack by the ukrop and a bizar MSM media attack by their masters unlike anything we've seen. And this will of course cover up something else entirely. The west is going for the final push.

Last edited by gregoire on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Danger is not over yet. I expect during this lull they will rearrange their troops and plans accordingly and attack over this weekend. Time is running out, and all the preparations suggest a large scale attack.

It could be an abortive offensive, as it has happened so often, but inertia, and the fact that time is running out for the junta will drive them onwards.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    Chersonesus wrote:

ATO wounded are being taken as far as Odessa for treatment. I wonder how much spare capacity the Ukrop medical system has.
    I was reading and now can't find the link, that the US has supplied at least one major field hospital, complete with loads of medicines and other stuff with replacement supplies for the next 18 months. This is one area in which a lot of NATO expertise has been deployed. Treatment of the injured should be totally different to last time.

Given the UAF track record' those 18 months sound quite optimistic to me...

My worries are that UAF won't fare any better than last time, if the Crimean Rumour is to be believed. This time It will be Tide Wind Time, aka Tsunami.
    Poroshenko's handlers don't want to give Russia an irrefutable reason to come in and ruin all their hard work. But with that said, it isn't the first time Kiev has tried to get Russia actively involved in the conflict. The Ukrops looked poised to invade Krim quite a few times already. With all the political upheaval going on Kiev who knows who is holding the chains anymore, or if Pork and co. decided to stop listening to their handlers.

Crimean Rumour was that Russia was prepared to go deeper with forces from Crimea, not that Crimea was going to be attacked. This is the funny part since the beginning of this ordeal, the only real "invaded" part of Ukraine is quiet...guess why? Ask any Ukrainian about it and enjoy the spectacle.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:02 pm

We did noffink Guv, honest.

KYIV, August 13 /Ukrinform/. The combined Russian-separatist forces intensified their attacks and fired almost all types of weapons on Ukrainian army positions in eastern Ukraine 152 times on August 12.

The press center of the Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) wrote on Facebook on Thursday.

"Yesterday the militants fired artillery systems 20 times, mortars 32 times, Grad multiple rocket launchers 15 times, and grenade launchers and small arms 100 times along the line of contact," the report reads.

"The tensest situation was in the area of Donetsk. From 20:47 to almost 22:00 Kyiv time, the militants were firing Grad multiple rocket launchers, having attacked on ATO forces not far from the village of Pisky [near the destroyed Donetsk airport] four times," the report says.

At around midnight, the militants were firing mortars, 152mm artillery systems, grenade launchers and infantry combat vehicles on ATO forces near the village of Kirove in the Artemivsk sector.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:08 pm

BBC Russian Service: Britain will stand shoulder to shoulder with ukraine in the face of russian aggression.

As some commentors say, i wonder if any ukrainians actually believe them. They should remember the promises we (britain) gave to poland in '39 and see how they ended up. Or how quickly we ran out of france as soon as it started looking a bit hairy.

Ukies have to be pretty dense to belive any of this crap though coming from the US,UK about how they will defend them, they talked big about how they would be right on ukraines side yet apart from sending money and a few humvees they have done feck all.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:12 pm

gregoire wrote:
    I wouldn't want the enemy to know or guess or find out even the slightest of information on my plans. The real question is, who removed the posts and whose side are they on.
    I dare say that although we may just have seen the tip of the iceberg, things may have become Really Dangerously tense. My guess is; an attack by the ukrop and a bizar MSM media attack by there masters unlike anything we've seen. And this will of course cover up something else entirely. The west is going for the final push.
    In general, material that is not liked by those who are termed kremlyadi is removed, not any opsec material as there is none, only things after they have become known to the enemy. Certainly dangerous and could ignite out of control by ukrops. It's thought the nonsense at Belaya Kamenka was partly because some ukrops did what they wanted, not what the plan wanted, and again yesterday there is a suspicion that some events around Gorlovka were not part of their plan. This is good of course..
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:25 pm

Gentlemen prepare to be amazed...

http://www.euronews.com/2015/08/12/caught-red-handed-the-russian-major-fighting-in-ukraine/ wrote:

Euronews going Full Retard.

I regular service man...Military Service...as a Major...MAJOR. Other than that, we don't have age of the said "regular serviceman".

Inetwarrior
    Inetwarrior

Post  Inetwarrior Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:21 pm

auslander wrote:
    Read it this morning just for grins and giggles. That place don't never change, it's the same old small gang posting the same old garbage day in and day out, although I must admit I was surprised to see the polish champion and hero of the thread get banned.

Do anybody know for what that polish guy was banned?
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:22 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Gentlemen prepare to be amazed...

Euronews going Full Retard.

I regular service man...Military Service...as a Major...MAJOR. Other than that, we don't have age of the said "regular serviceman".

I stopped at this point in the article
    By Robert Hackwill | With EURONEWS KYIV OFFICE, EUROMAIDAN NEWS IN ENGLISH

As you can see, i didnt get very far, no point getting irate about ukie propaganda.

whir

Post  whir Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:51 pm

Pravda UA via Google Translate wrote:
    Kyiv police chief - the legalization of prostitution
    Thursday, August 13, 2015, 12:16

Chief of the Interior Ministry in Kiev Alexander Tereshchuk favor of the legalization of prostitution in Ukraine.

He said "Ukrainian News".

"I support (legalization)," - he said.

According to him, there is prostitution in Ukraine and covered law enforcement, it should be addressed.

"Perhaps it is better to legalize" - said Tereshchuk.

He added that he instructed subordinates to clean up the mess prostitution in Kiev.

As reported, the human rights organization Amnesty International adopted a resolution providing for the deployment campaign for the decriminalization of prostitution worldwide. Continue reading.
    In other words: promoting pimping to fight prostitution Rolling Eyes.

And someone should tell AI that decriminalise ≠ legalise.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:32 am

''Sitrep & Forecast: Big Fighting to Resume - Russian 'Vacationers' Will Return''

http://fortruss.blogspot.com/2015/08/sitrep-forecast-big-fighting-to-resume.html

----------

So the whole thing yesterday was just big provocation by ukrops? Desperation, desperation...

Heating season starts in October so that leaves less than three months for Kiev to horse around until SHTF on the homefront.

Well at least NAF got the big guns back in the game. Be prepared boyscouts, be prepared... russia
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:37 am

Like I said before Twisted Evil :

Ukraine's Mobilization Wave: A Demographic Catastrophe

http://fortruss.blogspot.com/2015/08/ukraines-mobilization-wave-demographic.html

Novorossia.su - Translated by J. Arnoldski

“Lugansk People’s Militia: Another mobilization wave in Ukraine will lead to demographic catastrophe”

[editor's note: It's hard not to think that this is really the US's 'final solution' for Ukraine. It's been noted by several western economists as well as policy makers close to Yatsenyuk that the Ukraine 'suffers' from a surplus population. Add to that the million plus Ukrainian males of service age that have left to go live in Russia, under Russia's new visa program aimed precisely at undermining the mobilization waves from being too successful. Then add the half million from the Donbass who have also left for Russia. The US plan for Ukraine makes sense if it is for Ukraine is to cease much of the sovereign domestic production and furthermore only consume whatever debt based central bank emissions can allow for, based upon the importation of ''value added'' and repackaged Ukrainian food sold back to Ukraine from western Europe. So much for the 'bread basket of the world' that Ukraine once was. Monsanto is going to see to it that all fertile lands are used for international distribution of GMO's. Ukraine's smaller and indebted population will be forced to by back its own product. - Flores ]

The next wave of mobilization in Ukraine will continue the destruction of the male population and lead to demographic catastrophe. This was stated today by the People’s Militia of the Lugansk People’s Republic. Such is how defense officials of the republic have commented on the statement of the Deputy Defense Minister of Ukraine, Petr Mekhed, who stated that Kiev is ready to carry out another three mobilizations “if circumstances so require.”

“Thanks to chaotic mobilization, the male population capable of generating offspring in Ukraine becomes less and less with each day. A few more of such mobilizations, and there will be no one to produce offspring,” the People’s Militia believes.

The ministry noted that Ukraine is concealing the real losses of its forces in the conflict in Donbass.

“It’s not two thousand, like Ukraine says, but tens of thousands who have been killed over the past year in the so-called “Anti-Terrorist Operation” zone. And now, despite the ceasefire, fighters of the Ukrainian Armed Forces are still dying, mainly because of internal strife,” the People’s Militia stressed.

In particular, the ministry brought forth a recent example, when in the frontline village of Zhelobok on August 9, a 29 year old private machine-gunned a 33 year old sergeant.

“And such cases are happening regularly between fighters of the UAF. Practically every second returns with an advanced disability or as a psychologically unstable person,” the People’s Militia claimed.

The population does not want to serve in the UAF and defend the Kiev authorities who are engaged in the extermination of their own people. The Ukrainian draft barely fulfilled 50% of the so-called sixth mobilization, even taking into account that men were seized in the streets and forcibly transported to military commissariats.

“They have caught almost all of the men fit for service on the streets, and the rest have either emigrated or been bought off. Only the elderly and children will be left for another mobilization,” - the defense ministry forecasted.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:50 am

2 Maidan soldiers KIA and 10 Maidan soldiers WIA yesterday. cheers

BTW has anyone seen Karl Haushofer lately? Is he banned?
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:51 am

Flagship Victory wrote:2 Maidan soldiers KIA and 10 Maidan soldiers WIA yesterday. cheers

BTW has anyone seen Karl Haushofer lately? Is he banned?

I'm still lurking here. Just been too busy to write.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 am