Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+49
Project Canada
HeNeArKrXeRn_
PapaDragon
auslander
Flagship Victory
par far
JohninMK
whir
Regular
Cowboy's daughter
sepheronx
medo
GarryB
kap-the-head
Big_Gazza
Cahaba
Admin
Godric
KomissarBojanchev
Neutrality
gregoire
OminousSpudd
wilhelm
Dforce
BKP
AlfaT8
Zivo
Odin of Ossetia
Firebird
Ruthenius
2SPOOKY4U
flamming_python
Morpheus Eberhardt
higurashihougi
onwiththewar
Ispan
franco
ExBeobachter1987
Karl Haushofer
Erk
sektor
Ghoster
Vann7
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
Rodinazombie
kvs
Khepesh
KoTeMoRe
53 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #18

The Situation in the Ukraine. #18 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #18

Post  Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:50 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:If he is a BSer, he maybe the best one out there.

That's what I'm saying.
    If he is a BSer, then really, the man's got talent no doubt about it. I mean to lead so many on for so long. Wow.
    Fair point.

Again he has posted evidence of him in Krim and so much what he has posted lines up and supports what other Crimeans and other trusted sources have said.

And now that I remember, he has even offered to meet up with a member here when they were planning to visit Krim. This was on this thread too I think. I believe it was Ispan.

Last edited by Ivan the Colorado on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dman meormy)
    Ghoster
    Ghoster

The Situation in the Ukraine. #18 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #18

Post  Ghoster Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:00 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:So he was selling it to the rebels? or apparently intended to?
    Well, the article says he got caught in Severodonetsk, which is quite ways away from the front line and was moving west.

Since there is a thriving black market for arms exported from the war zone in western Ukraine, it could have been intended to be sold there, or maybe put for some other use? I'm not sure why would they need to smuggle it out.

There's plenty of articles in Ukrainian media about guns and grenade launchers being smuggled out and sold, but nothing about tanks or personnel carriers. Smile
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:06 am

Ghoster wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:So he was selling it to the rebels? or apparently intended to?
    Well, the article says he got caught in Severodonetsk, which is quite ways away from the front line and was moving west.

Since there is a thriving black market for arms exported from the war zone in western Ukraine, it could have been intended to be sold there, or maybe put for some other use? I'm not sure why would they need to smuggle it out.

There's plenty of articles in Ukrainian media about guns and grenade launchers being smuggled out and sold, but nothing about tanks or personnel carriers. Smile
    You would have thought that if they were going to 'smuggle' it they would have at least put a cover over the APC. Maybe a RS redeployment?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:30 am

AN/TPQ 48 is actually a Lemon. It's a very poor system for newbies and the short comings usually stem from the fact it has a too small range of detection in a classical open filed setting. It is good for specific locations, but the numbers are against it when compared to what Russia has given and how it employs them. Numerous evidence suggest that NAF uses Listening posts (LP) instead of relying entirely on CBR's (despite having some decent help).

With GSR's (like the Fara 3/5) you can have a 10/15 m detection CEP, while the TPQ48 used alone has a 75m Cep.

http://sill-www.army.mil/firesbulletin/2010/MAR_APR_2010/Pages53_54.pdf

It's more complicated to use the TPQ-48 alone, rather than use LP's + A bigger CBR asset.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:38 am

More from the 'you couldn't make it up' monitoring section.

A Ukrainian border guard manning a checkpoint in eastern Ukraine opened cross-border fire on three Russian citizens as they tried to take a selfie close to the post, a representative of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB)’s border department said Sunday.

ROSTOV-ON-DON (Sputnik) — The incident at the Krasna Talovka border crossing between Ukraine’s turbulent eastern province of Lugansk and Russia’s Rostov region occurred on Sunday night, FSB’s Nikolai Sinitsyn told RIA Novosti.

One man was hospitalized with a gunshot wound to the chest. Two other tourists appear to be unscathed. According to the Russian official, the three holidaymakers were spending the day at an artificial lake near the border when they tried to take a selfie against the backdrop of the check point. The Ukrainian guard shouted for them to stop and opened fire, hitting one of the men in the chest.

The Federal Security Service is investigating the shooting of Russian nationals.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150727/1025077658.html#ixzz3h2m0oQXe

Post  Guest Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:49 am

JohninMK wrote:More from the 'you couldn't make it up' monitoring section.

A Ukrainian border guard manning a checkpoint in eastern Ukraine opened cross-border fire on three Russian citizens as they tried to take a selfie close to the post, a representative of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB)’s border department said Sunday.

ROSTOV-ON-DON (Sputnik) — The incident at the Krasna Talovka border crossing between Ukraine’s turbulent eastern province of Lugansk and Russia’s Rostov region occurred on Sunday night, FSB’s Nikolai Sinitsyn told RIA Novosti.

One man was hospitalized with a gunshot wound to the chest. Two other tourists appear to be unscathed. According to the Russian official, the three holidaymakers were spending the day at an artificial lake near the border when they tried to take a selfie against the backdrop of the check point. The Ukrainian guard shouted for them to stop and opened fire, hitting one of the men in the chest.

The Federal Security Service is investigating the shooting of Russian nationals.

Wow... With actions like this, the Hohols are begging to get their a$$e$ handed to them. Not just by the NAF. Glad no one was killed and I pray for a speedy recovery.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:58 am

Looks like the Ukrops are begging to get their asses kicked.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:06 am

Yesterday 3 Ukrainian soldiers killed themselves by accident. Today 1 Ukrainian soldier of the National Guard committed suicide. That's 4 deaths over 2 days. NAF no longer kills Ukrainian soldiers, but Ukrainian soldiers kill themselves. Shocked See? NAF is so nice people they do not kill anyone. cheers

Yawn, this war is boring. If NAF refuses to kill any Maidan soldier the rest of this year, I'll be taking a whole year off on vacation next year. tongue
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:13 am

Ghoster wrote:

I looked on a map & saw it was going from east to west. Embarassed

thank you.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:15 am

That's crazy.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:52 am

Dforce wrote:

I think I have met the first proper clown here, not bad!  lol!

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. This is your first and last warning.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:15 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    BKP wrote:A Short List of Russian Successes Over the Past Few Months
    Russia is on a roll, but you would never know it reading the mainstream media
    Aleksandr Rodzhers,  Fri, Jul 24.
    http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/short-list-russian-successes-over-past-few-months-q/ri8945

Pretty good article from Russia Insider listing several recent Russian successes, both internal and geopolitical. Some items of particular note:

Russia Insider is by far the best source of articles and analysis on Russia and its policies in English language.

I ran into them by accident a year ago. For very long time I thought that they are just a bunch of over-optimistic hacks but everything, and I man EVERYTHING they said would happened back then eventually did happened.
    At times when everyone was losing their sh*t with panic, they kept cool and just delivered data. And data was solid. Looked unrealistically optimistic at the time but in the end it was 100% on the money.respekt

These guys know what they are doing. And to think that they went from small expat blog to pretty well known news source in less than a year.    

One word: Impressive! thumbsup

Yes, I agree. I check RI almost every day. Also, I really like some of their regular contributors like Alexander Mercouris. A while back they were asking for help from volunteers. I considered doing it, and imagine they would be a good group to associate with, maybe do a little coding or something. But, I was a bit too busy at the time. Perhaps in the future.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:47 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

That's crazy.

Or may be they are trying to tempt Russia to send army into Ukraine.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:15 am

higurashihougi wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

That's crazy.

Or may be they are trying to tempt Russia to send army into Ukraine.

In my opinion the continuous bombardments, the destruction of civilian targets and the deaths of civilians for over a year have been just that, trying to push Russia in to invading. This will not happen unless, in my opinion, there is an attack that leads to catastrophic civilian casualties.
    whir

Post  whir Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:20 am

News War wrote:Пожар в Донецке / Fire in Donetsk 26 07 2015

Andrey Filatov wrote:Pesky Ceasefire Violations

На линии огня wrote:The convoy of military equipment ATO ACS moves to the Donbass 07/26/2015

News-Front wrote:A volunteer from Finland: I came to fight against the Nazis / Я приехал воевать с нацистами

Fire in Donetsk, July 27, 2015
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Flagship Victory wrote:
    medo wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:
    medo wrote:So, now we now, that Russia doesn't send much of their own weapons and ammunition to Novorussia, but transfer Ukrainian weapons and ammunition to Novorussian army, which Ukrainian army sell, most probably to pay for food, fuel, medics, etc. This is good for Novorussia on a long time period. More that Ukrainian army sell their weapons and ammunition, less will be in Ukrainian reserves to fight battles. Considering, that the only Ukrainian ammunition factory is in Lugansk in Novorussia, Ukrainian army and ukronazi units will sooner or later run out of ammunition and they will have no money to buy it from NATO.

If Maidan runs out of ammo, wouldn't the US send ammo and arms to Maidan?

For free? I don't think so. Ukraine will have to pay it, but without money it is not possible. Don't forget, US weapons and ammunition is far more expensive than Russian one. For how many units, Ukraine is able to buy weapons and ammo from US? And they will still need food and fuel, so they will still sell those US weapons and ammo to Novorussia.

I think it would be under foreign aid, paid for by US taxpayers. That's how the US arms industry makes big money. Foreign aid is a big part of that. All those arms sent to Iraq, for example, are done under foreign aid. The US also has plenty of surplus ammo.

No, Iraq pay for those weapons and ammo with oil money and Iraq pay regular price x4. This is how US arms industry makes big money.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:31 pm

1 Maidan soldier KIA 7 Maidan soldiers WIA yesterday.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:33 pm

auslander wrote:In my opinion the continuous bombardments, the destruction of civilian targets and the deaths of civilians for over a year have been just that, trying to push Russia in to invading. This will not happen unless, in my opinion, there is an attack that leads to catastrophic civilian casualties.

In my opinion, what Russia should do is impose a NO FLY ZONE over Donbas. Any Ukrainian ground troops that moves should be annihilates until they are driven out out of Donbas. Russia has powerful air force.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Flagship Victory wrote:
    auslander wrote:In my opinion the continuous bombardments, the destruction of civilian targets and the deaths of civilians for over a year have been just that, trying to push Russia in to invading. This will not happen unless, in my opinion, there is an attack that leads to catastrophic civilian casualties.

In my opinion, what Russia should do is impose a NO FLY ZONE over Donbas. Any Ukrainian ground troops that moves should be annihilates until they are driven out out of Donbas. Russia has powerful air force.

Then Russia would be directly involved while their official position has been that they are not. This goes back to the original fighting which the Ukrainians and their allies maintained was against Russian forces as there was no anti Maidan forces in Ukraine. The Russian government stated that it was an internal uprising by the citizens of Donbas against the violent overthrow of their elected Ukrainian government. Also Russia would be no better then the USA and NATO by imposing their military will against others. Let it begin.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:00 pm

franco wrote:Then Russia would be directly involved while their official position has been that they are not. This goes back to the original fighting which the Ukrainians and their allies maintained was against Russian forces as there was no anti Maidan forces in Ukraine. The Russian government stated that it was an internal uprising by the citizens of Donbas against the violent overthrow of their elected Ukrainian government. Also Russia would be no better then the USA and NATO by imposing their military will against others. Let it begin.  

Everyone knows Russia is already directly involved. Russia supplies arms and ammo to NAF because NAF cannot manufacture them. It's like France supplied arms and ammo to American rebels during the American war of indepdence. Rather than trying to hide it, which don't work anyway, might as well be open about it and do No Fly Zone. The longer this war goes on, the more Ukrainians will hate Russia because of daily casualties of Maidan soldiers. If the war goes on for another 10 years, the relations may be very difficult to repair. On the other hand, if Russia does No Fly Zone, the war will end in at most a few days because Maidan soldiers will withdraw from Donbas. And then the relations can be immediately repaired like between Georgia and Russia.

No one hides their actions. Americans don't, Saudis don't, Turks dont, Jordanians don't. Russia is the world's biggest country. Why should Russia hide its actions? cheers
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Flagship Victory wrote:
    franco wrote:Then Russia would be directly involved while their official position has been that they are not. This goes back to the original fighting which the Ukrainians and their allies maintained was against Russian forces as there was no anti Maidan forces in Ukraine. The Russian government stated that it was an internal uprising by the citizens of Donbas against the violent overthrow of their elected Ukrainian government. Also Russia would be no better then the USA and NATO by imposing their military will against others. Let it begin.  

Everyone knows Russia is already directly involved. Russia supplies arms and ammo to NAF because NAF cannot manufacture them. It's like France supplied arms and ammo to American rebels during the American war of indepdence. Rather than trying to hide it, which don't work anyway, might as well be open about it and do No Fly Zone. The longer this war goes on, the more Ukrainians will hate Russia because of daily casualties of Maidan soldiers. If the war goes on for another 10 years, the relations may be very difficult to repair. On the other hand, if Russia does No Fly Zone, the war will end in at most a few days because Maidan soldiers will withdraw from Donbas. And then the relations can be immediately repaired like between Georgia and Russia.

No one hides their actions. Americans don't, Saudis don't, Turks dont, Jordanians don't. Russia is the world's biggest country. Why should Russia hide its actions? cheers

Because this has very little to do with Ukraine. It is all about Europe and the rest of the World. The USA wants Russia to attack Ukraine, it justifies all of their actions if Russia does. Russia is trying to prove that they are not the threat the USA is selling to Europe and the World. And as a leader of the anti NWO then it requires Russia to set a higher standard then the USA and NATO.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:24 pm

franco wrote:Because this has very little to do with Ukraine. It is all about Europe and the rest of the World. The USA wants Russia to attack Ukraine, it justifies all of their actions if Russia does. Russia is trying to prove that they are not the threat the USA is selling to Europe and the World. And as a leader of the anti NWO then it requires Russia to set a higher standard then the USA and NATO.

Russia has 2 choices. If Russia does not do No Fly Zone, then the war will not end, and the daily casualties from NAF counter battery fire on Maidan soldiers will make Ukrainians hate Russia more and more. If Russia does No Fly Zone, the war will immediately end. The west may throw a fit, but they won't dare to fight Russia. Saudi Arabia, for instance, doesn't give a c about what the UN thinks when it has been bombing Yemen for more than 4 months. Russia should learn not to be too timid. cheers and do what is in its best interests. Russia's interests is ending this war on its border. The war will only end if Russia does No Fly Zone because Maidan is not afraid of NAF.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:26 pm

Russian Analyst Nails It: Poroshenko Too Weak to Implement Minsk

The reason Minsk agreement isn’t being implemented is due to the weakness of Poroshenko in Kiev and the relative strength of right-wingers ready to tear into Poroshenko for any concessions made for the sake of peace
    Basically, having helped delegitimize and sideline reasonable actors Poroshenko now finds himself without significant allies that would take his side agains the nationalist uber-hawks

http://russia-insider.com/en/kiev-stalemante/ri8951
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Ситуация Новороссии @EgoRZemtsoV 17h17 hours ago
    Grisha travels LC
    One British, one American reporter in rebel territory....

Гриша путешествует по ‪#‎ЛНР‬

more photos at link

The Situation in the Ukraine. #18 - Page 23 CK3YT3TUkAAfEgZ
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Ситуация Новороссии ‏@EgoRZemtsoV 17h17 hours ago

Донецкий Беркут:

Donetsk Berkut:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #18 - Page 23 CK3XnNAUYAAK31M

more photos at link

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 am