Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Iraqi Armed Forces: Discussion and News

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Iraqi Armed Forces: Discussion and News

Post  TR1 on Mon May 26, 2014 8:41 pm

A bunch of Iraqi BTR-4s are being shot up in Ukraine right now, somehow I doubt deliveries will resume.

New Ukrainian corvette? Their shipbuilding capability is ass, why would Iraq go to them?

Btw these news are from a Deputat, so it is safe to say he is talking out of his ass.

a89
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  a89 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 am

interesting. Andrei_bt says Iraq will resume receiving BTR4s from Ukraine? sounds very strange, didn't hear anything about that from Iraqis!

sheytanelkebir, you have any information on BTR-94 status? a few years go they were used by nowadays are not seen.

sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  sheytanelkebir on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:56 pm

a89 wrote:
    interesting. Andrei_bt says Iraq will resume receiving BTR4s from Ukraine? sounds very strange, didn't hear anything about that from Iraqis!

sheytanelkebir, you have any information on BTR-94 status? a few years go they were used by nowadays are not seen.

They are still around, they are used by the Interior Ministry's "National Police" not the army and painted blue and white. They are posted at some of the entrances to Baghdad for example.

here are some revas of the national police with the same colour scheme as the BTR94s. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/94/Iraqi_National_Police_armored_vehicles.jpg

mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  mack8 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:41 pm

I think i've read from iraqi posters about the iraqi leadership's fixation with buying new or mostly new stuff, if there was any reason and sense of emergency in the government surely by now they COULD have had a squadron or two of second hand F-16 (US, european, no matter) to please the US, a squadron or two of Su-25 (surely there must have been some around Belarus, Ukraine etc. if not Russia), Su-24Ms (again, Belarus sold some recently), maybe some attack helicopters (used Mi-24) not to mention high-end interceptors like ex-indian Su-30K. Also they COULD have jumped in and get a squadron or two of EMB-314 by now rather that wait for this AT-6 (IF they will order any).
    As it is, what they bought so far is terribly late compared to WHEN they are needed (Mi-35M only late 2013, Mi-28NE MAYBE his year, F-16 late this year, L-159 MAYBE this year, T-50IQ in 2016 etc etc.). If it's to make a sort of parallel with Syria, it is armour and air power that stopped the jihadists from overrunning all of Syria by now. Imo, in the current circumstances,  not terribly new or terribly high performance weaponry is MUCH better than no weaponry at all.

TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TheArmenian on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:46 am

Great video of Iraqi Mi-35 gunship destroying Terrorist convoy.
    Video is probably captured by a UAV. The Mi-35 is clearly seen firing guns and missiles and scoring multiple hits.

sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  sheytanelkebir on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:04 am

nice bit of action from the Mi35M. the IA-407s giving the target info.

how come we haven't seen footage directly from the gun camera of the Mi35s though?

fragmachine
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  fragmachine on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:05 pm

TheArmenian wrote:Great video of Iraqi Mi-35 gunship destroying Terrorist convoy.
    Video is probably captured by a UAV. The Mi-35 is clearly seen firing guns and missiles and scoring multiple hits.

Wonder if pickups in this video are Ford made, like those shiny brand new spanking ones that FSA have.

Anyway great vid.

etaepsilonk
    Captain
    Captain

Post  etaepsilonk on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:50 pm

fragmachine wrote:

Wonder if pickups in this video are Ford made, like those shiny brand new spanking ones that FSA have.

Anyway great vid.

Toyota Hilux.
    And the gun on it looks like kord?

Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Hannibal Barca on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:18 pm

What else have you received or expect to receive soon?
    How is the situation there?
    My information tell me that even Baghdad may be at risk, is this accurate?
    Who are this guys? How organize and finance them?
    Thank you

sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  sheytanelkebir on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:What else have you received or expect to receive soon?
    My information  tell me that even Baghdad may be at risk, is this accurate?
    Thank you

-Don't know what we'll receive. Iraq has already asked the US, France and "other countries" to provide air support for the Iraqi ground forces and militias.

-There are thousands of Sunni-Arab "sleeper cells" waiting for the "="D-Day" in Baghdad and rise up. Meanwhile Sistani has called for mobilisation against the terrorists, so the Shia-Arabs have recruited 155,000 volunteers over the past 2 days to fight against Daesh "alliance" that includes all manner of sunni-arab groups.
    -The Kurds have a de-facto agreement with the Daesh, and have "split the cake" in Northern Iraq.. freeing up daesh to move southwards.
    -They have no shortage of money or people... You can consider the events in Iraq a general "sunni arab" uprising against Shia rule.

Pretty much the country is "split up" for all intents and purposes now.

Kurdistan has achieved the maximal territories it has been trying to capture. So, along with the Syrian Kurds will declare a "transnational" Kurdish state encompassing Iraqi and Syrian Kurdistan (as well as recently captured territories).
    -The ISIS/Daesh has its own large "transnational state" now with the sunni-Arab areas of Iraq along with Eastern Syria.
    -Central and Southern Iraq is now the de-facto remaining "Shia Arab" state with control of 85% of oil resources and all ports of the old "Iraq".

thesaint
    Private
    Private

Post  thesaint on Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:02 pm

it better the country to split up dont think the sunnis want to live under shias and shias dont want to live under them, but the question is would they take the capital.

sheytanelkebir wrote:
    Thank you

-Don't know what we'll receive. Iraq has already asked the US, France and "other countries" to provide air support for the Iraqi ground forces and militias.

-There are thousands of Sunni-Arab "sleeper cells" waiting for the "="D-Day" in Baghdad and rise up. Meanwhile Sistani has called for mobilisation against the terrorists, so the Shia-Arabs have recruited 155,000 volunteers over the past 2 days to fight against Daesh "alliance" that includes all manner of sunni-arab groups.
    -The Kurds have a de-facto agreement with the Daesh, and have "split the cake" in Northern Iraq.. freeing up daesh to move southwards.
    -They have no shortage of money or people... You can consider the events in Iraq a general "sunni arab" uprising against Shia rule.

Pretty much the country is "split up" for all intents and purposes now.

Kurdistan has achieved the maximal territories it has been trying to capture. So, along with the Syrian Kurds will declare a "transnational" Kurdish state encompassing Iraqi and Syrian Kurdistan (as well as recently captured territories).
    -The ISIS/Daesh has its own large "transnational state" now with the sunni-Arab areas of Iraq along with Eastern Syria.
    -Central and Southern Iraq is now the de-facto remaining "Shia Arab" state with control of 85% of oil resources and all ports of the old "Iraq".

thesaint
    Private
    Private

Post  thesaint on Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:10 pm

do you know how much ammo they getting with them or if they even have pilots to fly them, not seeing much videos about the airforce in action.

etaepsilonk
    Captain
    Captain

Post  etaepsilonk on Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:42 pm

sheytanelkebir wrote:
    Thank you

Do western countries actually want to provide those airstrikes?

Because ISIS is Assad's enemy, and west would like to topple him.
    Not an expert, but the rule "enemy of my enemy is my friend" could possibly be applied there, isn't it?

thesaint
    Private
    Private

Post  thesaint on Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:54 pm

hopefully this time iraq will let USAF stay permanently, thats if they help in the first place.
    etaepsilonk wrote:
    sheytanelkebir wrote:
    Thank you

Do western countries actually want to provide those airstrikes?

Because ISIS is Assad's enemy, and west would like to topple him.
    Not an expert, but the rule "enemy of my enemy is my friend" could possibly be applied there, isn't it?

thesaint
    Private
    Private

Post  thesaint on Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:09 pm

looks like no help from US

etaepsilonk
    Captain
    Captain

Post  etaepsilonk on Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Well, if USA refuses to help, I think the reasons for that may be more serious than just being butthurt over denied bases.

thesaint
    Private
    Private

Post  thesaint on Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:48 pm

well iraq is a mess no doubt, but lets face it ISIS i pretty much bankrolled by us and the gulf nations, killing them will be probably a good definition of blue on blue. beside they doing our bidding right now so why waste them.
    etaepsilonk wrote:Well, if USA refuses to help, I think the reasons for that may be more serious than just being butthurt over denied bases.

mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  mack8 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Sheytan, regarding a possible attack on Baghdad, i would have thought it is very heavily defended no, sleeper-cells or no sleeper cells? How do you see such an attack unfolding?

Of course not, don't forget who is supporting, training  and arming the jihadists fighting against both Syria and Iraq: the US (with very certain israeli "advice"- and i'm not saying that because i'm "anti-semite", i loath them for their actions, not for their ethnicity) coordinating and orchestrating things from the shadows, and KSA and other GCC puppet states in the region doing the actual dirty work.

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Good News people! Both Shia and Sunni clerics are both calling to fightback the barbaric ISIS hordes:

BlackArrow
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  BlackArrow on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:49 pm

mack8 wrote:Sheytan, regarding a possible attack on Baghdad, i would have thought it is very heavily defended no, sleeper-cells or no sleeper cells? How do you see such an attack unfolding?

Of course not, don't forget who is supporting, training  and arming the jihadists fighting against both Syria and Iraq: the US (with very certain israeli "advice"- and i'm not saying that because i'm "anti-semite", i loath them for their actions, not for their ethnicity) coordinating and orchestrating things from the shadows, and KSA and other GCC puppet states in the region doing the actual dirty work.

You would want some evidence for that I'd say? Americans supporting the Jihadists??

Last edited by BlackArrow on Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:59 pm

BlackArrow wrote:
    mack8 wrote:Sheytan, regarding a possible attack on Baghdad, i would have thought it is very heavily defended no, sleeper-cells or no sleeper cells? How do you see such an attack unfolding?

You would want some eveidence for that I'd say? Americans supporting the Jihadists??

Al.-CIAda, Al Nusra, Taliban, in Mali,Sudan,Chechen terrorists yes USA is financing and supporting jihadists, it is a fact!

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:00 pm

BlackArrow wrote:You would want some eveidence for that I'd say? Americans supporting the Jihadists??

Who do you think made about 300 000 terrorist that where in Syria - out of nowhere - search terrorist youtube channels where they describe in detail how

are being trained by US forces to kill

Syria faced and won the biggest USA/Izrael/Turkey/Qatar/Saudi/Britain/France/Jordan terrorist plot the World has ever seen

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:09 am

BlackArrow wrote:

You would want some eveidence for that I'd say? Americans supporting the Jihadists??

Well why don't you ask Obama's adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski weather U.S. trains, and supply's Islamic extremists...

Here's Zbig calling for Afghan Mujahadeen to go on Jihad against the Soviets back in the 1980's:

dino00
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  dino00 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:46 am

Viktor wrote:
    BlackArrow wrote:You would want some eveidence for that I'd say? Americans supporting the Jihadists??

Who do you think made about 300 000 terrorist that where in Syria - out of nowhere - search terrorist youtube channels where they describe in detail how

Syria faced and won the biggest USA/Izrael/Turkey/Qatar/Saudi/Britain/France/Jordan terrorist plot the World has ever seen

True but not 300 000, maybe half of that.

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:24 am

dino00 wrote:
    Viktor wrote:

True but not 300 000, maybe half of that.

About 150 000 terrorists are in Syria right now but during this 3-4 years at least a 300 000 terrorists passed throughout Syria and was dealth by Syrian Army

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:53 pm

Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:53 pm