Re: Iraqi Armed Forces: Discussion and News

Post  iraqidabab on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:09 pm

RPG-22

Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Hannibal Barca on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:41 pm

iraqidabab, tell me about America's raids. Are they effective or phony as I think they are?
    Are there to give a hand or purely for a PR stand and to push the jihadists back to Syria?

iraqidabab
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  iraqidabab on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:iraqidabab, tell me about America's raids. Are they effective or phony as I think they are?
    Are there to give a hand or purely for a PR stand and to push the jihadists back to Syria?

Currently the US is only striking ISIS near Arbil, the current US mission as stated by Obama is to protect Arbil an Baghdad the cities where hundreds & thousands of American military advisers, contractors and diplomatic staff are based.

The US has Apaches in Baghdad airport and F18's in the Gulf, ISIS isn't near Baghdad so they have not attacked ISIS there yet, the US F18's have flown over Anbar ( Haditha Dam ), a dam on the Euphrates river controlled by Iraqi army and tribal forces but could be attacked by ISIS any day.

The US has launched airstrikes on ISIS near Arbil and Mosul dam which has been retaken by Iraqi forces. So they aren't wiping ISIS of the map yet, not their interest. Of course if they want all they have to do is ship some AC-130's, A-10's to Baghdad or Basra airport, use that together with the F18's, drones and other aircraft and ISIS won't last long. After the beheading of Foley they're thinking about larger operations as republican are pushing Obama to severely bomb ISIS in both Iraq and Syria.

Vids from several airstrikes can be found here : https://www.youtube.com/user/centcom/videos

iraqidabab
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  iraqidabab on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:19 pm

ISIS has captured many Soviet era MANPADS from Syria in the recent takeover of Taqba airbase some say, how well will the MI-28 counter those out of date MANPADS.

I hope they try flying at night as much as possible to minimize risk, we can't afford losing MI-35/MI-28 at this moment.

Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Hannibal Barca on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:25 pm

OK thank you very much!

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:40 pm

iraqidabab wrote:ISIS has captured many Soviet era MANPADS from Syria in the recent takeover of Taqba airbase some say, how well will the MI-28 counter those out of date MANPADS.

I hope they try flying at night as much as possible to minimize risk, we can't afford losing MI-35/MI-28 at this moment.

Ohh i already see a major PR for US and anti russian one, when they bring stingers back to their CIA agents in black ISIS to down russian helicopters and then call them russian junk, while claiming Apaches are much safer even tho they never faced funded and trained FSB agents with state of art MANPADS.

iraqidabab
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  iraqidabab on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Can you please translate what he said?

iraqidabab
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  iraqidabab on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:58 pm

The arrival of MI-28 night hunter, the advanced aircraft with many capabilities and advanced weaponry which the ground forces will require, capable of operating at day and night, capable of attacking (armored) vechile's and soft targets. A new platform for the army air aviation that enhances their capabilities and so on.

Nothing important

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:00 pm

Ok, thank you.
    Keep us updated.

sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  sheytanelkebir on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:53 am

some more updates...

The recently delivered D20s get their baptism of fire.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Good news that Iraq has shown some spine to not bow down to US pressure to "buy" their stuff.

sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  sheytanelkebir on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Werewolf wrote:Good news that Iraq has shown some spine to not bow down to US pressure to "buy" their stuff.

the only new weapons Iraq ordered from the US since the withdrawal of US forces has been a single KingAir 350I ISR plane.

They've made "DSCA enquiries" for lots of other weapons since then of course, but NONE have been converted into sales.

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:17 pm

sheytanelkebir wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Good news that Iraq has shown some spine to not bow down to US pressure to "buy" their stuff.

the only new weapons Iraq ordered from the US since the withdrawal of US forces has been a single KingAir 350I ISR plane.

They've made "DSCA enquiries" for lots of other weapons since then of course, but NONE have been converted into sales.
    I believe they also ordered some second hand F-16s, but the U.S toke way to long to deliver (which is odd since it's the F-16 not F-35), anyway Washington toke there sweet sweet time and Iraq said F#&$ it, Russia it is.

Last edited by AlfaT8 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:17 pm

sheytanelkebir wrote:

Well that happends to all countries US occupies, it was same in South Korea,Vietnam, later in Egypt and in Iraq. They just loot the state and leave civil war and terrorism behind.

sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  sheytanelkebir on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:12 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:
    sheytanelkebir wrote:

I believe they also ordered some second hand F-16s, but the U.S toke way to long to deliver (which is odd since it's the F-16 not F-35), anyway Washington toke there sweet sweet time and Iraq said F#&$ it, Russia it is.

Iraq ordered 36 brand new F16s. But they were ordered BEFORE the US withdrawal (and none have been delivered, although 4 have been built and are in the US). the Iraqis were supposed to place additional orders for F16s (for a total of 96 as per the "plan" the US put in place for the Iraqis)... but the Iraqis stopped at 36 aircraft... and they haven't even received any of those!

Since the US withdrawal, like I said, the Iraqis have not bought anything except for a single KingAir 350I aircraft, as well as the usual overpriced maintenance and service contracts.

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:06 pm

sheytanelkebir wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    sheytanelkebir wrote:

Iraq ordered 36 brand new F16s. But they were ordered BEFORE the US withdrawal (and none have been delivered, although 4 have been built and are in the US). the Iraqis were supposed to place additional orders for F16s (for a total of 96 as per the "plan" the US put in place for the Iraqis)... but the Iraqis stopped at 36 aircraft... and they haven't even received any of those!

Since the US withdrawal, like I said, the Iraqis have not bought anything except for a single KingAir 350I aircraft, as well as the usual overpriced maintenance and service contracts.
    Ooh man, talk about tragic, has there been any talk of dropping the F-16 deal and going for some Mig-29s, probably be faster.

sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  sheytanelkebir on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:27 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:
    sheytanelkebir wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    sheytanelkebir wrote:

Ooh man, talk about tragic, has there been any talk of dropping the F-16 deal and going for some Mig-29s, probably be faster.

americans already have the money... so they have us by the balls! In fact the US are now saying they will deliver the first planes to Iraq once Iraq pays about $1Bn for "support" contractors...

Iraqi are saying to the americans deliver the items we've paid for FIRST and THEN we'll pay the "support" contracts...

so the standoff continues.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:33 pm

That really sucks... No way you're getting that money back!

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:02 pm

sheytanelkebir wrote:
    americans already have the money... so they have us by the balls! In fact the US are now saying they will deliver the first planes to Iraq once Iraq pays about $1Bn for "support" contractors...

Iraqi are saying to the americans deliver the items we've paid for FIRST and THEN we'll pay the "support" contracts...

US policies... that is how they get their money back after war...taking money giving promises and not supplying what they "sold".

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:06 pm

sheytanelkebir wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    sheytanelkebir wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    sheytanelkebir wrote:

WTF, even under these circumstances. Suspect
    For comparisons sake, how many Mig-29SMT/M2s or even the 35s could Iraq get with that $1Bn?? pirat

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:01 pm

If they even get that money back.... 

It must be somewhere north of ~20?

iraqidabab
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  iraqidabab on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:25 pm

I'm sure F-16's will eventually be delivered, they will be useful with the laser-guided munitions.

It's just that Russian purchases are easier and cheaper, you pay they deliver ASAP unlike the US.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:25 pm

Yeah, which is funny considering their much smaller MIC.

iraqidabab
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  iraqidabab on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Obama to Present Case for Broader U.S. Mission Against Militants

WASHINGTON — President Obama will use a speech to the nation on Wednesday to make his case for launching a United States-led offensive against Sunni militants gaining ground in the Middle East, seeking to rally support for a broad military mission while reassuring the public he is not plunging American forces into another Iraq war.

“I’m preparing the country to make sure that we deal with a threat from” the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, Mr. Obama said in an interview broadcast Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
    “What I want people to understand,” he said, “is that over the course of months, we are going to be able to not just blunt the momentum” of the militants. “We are going to systematically degrade their capabilities; we’re going to shrink the territory that they control; and, ultimately, we’re going to defeat them,” he added.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/08/us/politics/obama-to-present-case-for-broader-us-mission-against-militants.html?_r=0

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:07 pm

Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:07 pm