Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

F-22 Raptor: News and Discussion

nemrod

Re: F-22 Raptor: News and Discussion

Post  nemrod on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:24 pm

[quote="GarryB"]

As it was for the Kursk, the Kursk was sank by US submarine, for political reasons Russia abstained to acknowledged the event.

How?

I could not say how, and why. In this document it was explained how the cold war was tense between USSR/Russia-nowadays- and West. I could not do incessant digressions, after all it is topic dedicated to the F-22, and not the cold war.

Well lets question the quality of the document...
    Indeed, I agree with you, as most of the western medias. Nevertheless, it is noteworthy to add that the SR-71 was intended to defy USSR, because it was the only country that could challenge US.

nemrod

Post  nemrod on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:26 pm

GarryB wrote:

As it was for the Kursk, the Kursk was sank by US submarine, for political reasons Russia abstained to acknowledged the event.

How?

I could not say how, and why. In this document it was explained how the cold war was tense between USSR/Russia-nowadays- and West. I could not do incessant digressions, after all it is topic dedicated to the F-22, and not the cold war.

Well lets question the quality of the document...
    Indeed, I agree with you, as most of the western medias. Nevertheless, it is noteworthy to add that the SR-71 was intended to defy USSR, because it was the only country that could challenge US.[/quote]
    George1

Post  George1 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:03 pm

A $613-million upgrade program for the Raptor was set to include new air-to-air missiles but was “limited” by continued delays in software development over the past two fiscal years, Sputnik reported January 27. Officials have now pinned down the weapons upgrades to take place in the summer of 2019, according to 1st Lt. Carrie Volpe of the US Air Force.

At that point, "the F-22 fleet will begin to receive upgrades to its available weapons with thin Increment 3.2B upgrade," Volpe noted, adding that the upgrade, "allows full functionality for the AIM-120D and AIM-9X Air-to-Air missiles."

https://sputniknews.com/military/201703101051465093-us-f-22-raptor-jets-upgrade/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:31 am