Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+14
sepheronx
Regular
VladimirSahin
jhelb
max steel
KomissarBojanchev
RTN
collegeboy16
GarryB
franco
Werewolf
flamming_python
whir
victor1985
18 posters

too coward to go to russia?

Bolt
    Bolt

too coward to go to russia? - Page 3 Empty Re: too coward to go to russia?

Post  Bolt Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:50 pm

By the way, just in case - a word негр/negr (negroe) doesn't have a bad meaning in Russian as in English.
    If you're working in the office, people (I think?) should know that it's not wise to use this word when talking about a black person, but a usual guy on the street could call him that way - without the intention to insult him. There are other alternative words that people use as cursing.

I'm telling you this just in case - it's a cultural difference, that could take time to getting used to, if you're from Western Europe/US.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Bolt wrote:By the way, just in case - a word негр/negr (negroe) doesn't have a bad meaning in Russian as in English.
    If you're working in the office, people (I think?) should know that it's not wise to use this word when talking about a black person, but a usual guy on the street could call him that way - without the intention to insult him. There are other alternative words that people use as cursing.

I'm telling you this just in case - it's a cultural difference, that could take time to getting used to, if you're from Western Europe/US.
    That's pretty much what I said in last post. But thanks for putting it in proper English Smile
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:21 pm

RTN wrote:

Just like my forefathers who fled Ireland because they were more likely to be killed simply for being Catholic.
    Ireland is mostly catholic. I currently have business in NI/ROI and it's pretty peaceful. But time will show

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:36 pm

Book. wrote:Moscow St Peter safe no worry
    stay in public place  thumbsup

South asia can target but stay group it ok
    I use study the Novgorod so foreign ok

ME arab India Malay luv to study medicine science
    But most stay on campus

Veliky or Nizhniy may I ask? Half of my family is from Nizhniy Novgorod, nice city. I love the history behind Veliky Novgorod as well.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Absolutely completely safe, no more skinhead gangs or any trash; centre of the city, outskirts of the city, outside the city, anywhere.

A lot of the comments here in this thread are well-intentioned but 10 years out of date.
    Also, I see black people herein St. Petersburg all the time. There are even more in Moscow.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:55 pm

flamming_python wrote:Absolutely completely safe, no more skinhead gangs or any trash; centre of the city, outskirts of the city, outside the city, anywhere.

A lot of the comments here in this thread are well-intentioned but 10 years out of date.
    Also, I see black people herein St. Petersburg all the time. There are even more in Moscow.

IIRC, skinheads/Neo Nazis were introduced in the late 90s by the US and UK and they are doing the same in Ukraine now.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:06 am

jhelb wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Absolutely completely safe, no more skinhead gangs or any trash; centre of the city, outskirts of the city, outside the city, anywhere.

IIRC, skinheads/Neo Nazis were introduced in the late 90s by the US and UK and they are doing the same in Ukraine now.
    Lol clown
    they were paradropped or smth?
    Footie fans, hools were first nazis, even before SU went up.
    Btw skinheads are nor always nazis

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am