Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Armenia civil unrest

    Share
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:02 pm

    Mike E wrote:Raptly has live footage of these protests...looks like a few hundred people wandering the streets, at the very worst. 

    lol! This is no maidan.

    Thats the thing. I only saw in photos and vids roughly that looks like a couple thousand and not the claimed 15,000.

    I hope Armenians domt get screwed.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:40 pm

    http://tass.ru/en/world/803756

    according to Russias very own Slut(sky) that there are foreign entities involved in the protests but overall, Armenian government is too strong and has far muvh support in Armenia so they ruled out a maiden.

    Just FYI, there are protests in Kyrgystan as well, but 50 people showed up and the leader of the NGO who promoted the protest was caught in a video being seen that day with US ambassador and so there is an uproar in it. Guess the master of colored revolutions is getting too old and is slipping.
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3246
    Points : 3352
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:02 pm

    Good article from The Guardian (a real shock that); outlines my thoughts exactly:

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/25/armenia-yerevan-protests-kremlin-ukraine
    avatar
    ExBeobachter1987

    Posts : 445
    Points : 445
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Western Eurasia

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 pm

    I am not too worried.
    As Abkhazia 2014 showed, the Kremlin can handle such crises as long as there is no anti-Russian/apathetic majority in the country.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:40 pm

    flamming_python wrote:Good article from The Guardian (a real shock that); outlines my thoughts exactly:

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/25/armenia-yerevan-protests-kremlin-ukraine

    Still a garbage article and if you think this, then you too have problems.

    You cannot ignore the american funded accomplices whom are clearly taking advantage of this situation and trying to drive it to overthrow the government. Lets face it, it has been proven already from links I posted that such people are working there and involved. As well, if you shut your ears yelling lah lah lah to drown out criticizem, you are essentially ignoring the issue going on in the background and going to let such people win. Pointing out culprits will definately help. Armenia would be in a tight spot and has little choice but to accept Russia. Azerbaijan is already saying that they support protestors and calling ends to Armenian government.

    You need to call it for what it is, or another Ukraine will prop itself up. Look how China dealt with the protestors in HK, same thing. Called them out for what they are (paid provocators whom are pushing for a colored revolution). No one stupid enough to damage property, not make any money at work, and cause distress in a country over $80 a year more. If people in Armenia are pissed off about that, there is far worst. Watch the RT video on it.

    Orriginally, this was called electricmaiden but quickly changed to electricyeravan due to maidens unpopular wording. As well, I do not deny that there are people whom are inherently pissed off at governments missmanagement, but ignoring the fact that some asshole screaming about government wearing a US flag tshirt as a provocator, then you ignore what can happen.

    Remember Ukraine maiden? And how they are now fleeing to Russia cause they damaged their own cause by allowing us funded groups to highjack their protests and take over? Same thing can happen there.
    avatar
    medo

    Posts : 3221
    Points : 3307
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  medo on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:47 pm

    I don't think there will be anything serious in Armenia. Armenians well see, what happened in Ukraine.
    avatar
    ExBeobachter1987

    Posts : 445
    Points : 445
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Western Eurasia

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:57 pm

    'Electric Yerevan' Will Not Change Armenia's Pro-Russian Orientation - Alexander Mercouris

    ...Conversely, if as nationalists the leaders of “Electric Yerevan” pursue a more aggressive policy towards Azerbaijan once they come to power, as apparently they have threatened (see Andrew Korybko’s discussion) then Armenia’s dependence on Russia will actually grow and the Russians will insist on having some say in the matter.

    The Maidan revolution in Ukraine in the end only succeeded because of the weak and temporising policies of President Yanukovych, who spurned advice he was repeatedly given by his security officials to order a crackdown.  

    It is unlikely the Armenian government will make the same mistake, especially as it has Yanukovych’s example to learn from. Even if a “colour revolution” is indeed being attempted, the likelihood therefore is it will fail, as the recent attempts to stage “colour revolutions” in Hong Kong and Macedonia also seem to have failed.

    Even if it temporarily succeeds, Armenia’s realities mean that it is no more likely to change Armenia’s long-term pro-Russian orientation than the similar protests that were staged in Armenia at the end of the 1980s, or the “colour revolution” known as the “Tulip Revolution” that took place in 2005 in Kyrgyzia.
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2967
    Points : 2998
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  max steel on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:37 pm

    As I said earlier it's not a maidan .

    Victoria Nuland held a closed meeting with chairmen of Armenian NGOs


    Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the US Department of State Victoria Nuland met with representatives of Armenian NGOs during her visit to Armenia on February 18. This was reported to Armenia News - NEWS.am by Chairman of the Gyumri-based Journalists Club Asbarez Levon Barseghyan. He did not provide any details, saying that the meeting was closed.

    http://gorchakovfund.ru/en/news/13905/


    See what is happening in Kyrgzstan . Well some of us are aware about presence of male nuland in Kyrgz : http://www.russiadefence.net/t3323-russia-kyrgyzstan-relations
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:41 pm

    So your saying its not a maiden when not long before the maiden attended Nuland shows up in Armenia and no one knows what she talked about? Or is she waiting till right moment to hand out cookies?
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2967
    Points : 2998
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  max steel on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:51 pm

    As The Armenian said this protest is against rising utility bills and sputnik mentioned armenian govt handed over electricity generation contract to US company . Rest regarding Nuland well she visited Moscow too during february . Hillary Clinton clearly said our goal is to prevent Eurasian union from happening . Let's see how things will turn out in Armenia .
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3246
    Points : 3352
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:18 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Good article from The Guardian (a real shock that); outlines my thoughts exactly:

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/25/armenia-yerevan-protests-kremlin-ukraine

    Still a garbage article and if you think this, then you too have problems.

    You cannot ignore the american funded accomplices whom are clearly taking advantage of this situation and trying to drive it to overthrow the government. Lets face it, it has been proven already from links I posted that such people are working there and involved. As well, if you shut your ears yelling lah lah lah to drown out criticizem, you are essentially ignoring the issue going on in the background and going to let such people win. Pointing out culprits will definately help. Armenia would be in a tight spot and has little choice but to accept Russia. Azerbaijan is already saying that they support protestors and calling ends to Armenian government.

    You need to call it for what it is, or another Ukraine will prop itself up. Look how China dealt with the protestors in HK, same thing. Called them out for what they are (paid provocators whom are pushing for a colored revolution). No one stupid enough to damage property, not make any money at work, and cause distress in a country over $80 a year more. If people in Armenia are pissed off about that, there is far worst. Watch the RT video on it.

    Orriginally, this was called electricmaiden but quickly changed to electricyeravan due to maidens unpopular wording. As well, I do not deny that there are people whom are inherently pissed off at governments missmanagement, but ignoring the fact that some asshole screaming about government wearing a US flag tshirt as a provocator, then you ignore what can happen.

    Remember Ukraine maiden? And how they are now fleeing to Russia cause they damaged their own cause by allowing us funded groups to highjack their protests and take over? Same thing can happen there.

    This whole thing is coinciding with the protest leader in Kyrgyzstan being caught red-handed meeting the American ambassador; so yes I quite understand that American NGO agitation is possible here.

    That still doesn't change a single thing in terms of how Russia should react to this situation; and the opinion piece I quoted outlines the best strategy - push for a compromise between the protestors and government, avoid becoming associated as a 'protector' of the government, but stay as a mediator and mutual party.
    The Guardian article also states that these protests have nothing to do with geo-politics or Russia's role in Armenian society; so thus Russia should avoid doing anything that would make itself an issue.
    All sound advice really.
    Actually yesterday I heard that Russia has stated that it hopes for a compromise to be worked out between the protestors and government - so it looks like it's taking the right course.

    These protests will probably fizzle out by themselves; but in general, this is the way that Russia should react to civil disorder in allied states.
    avatar
    Regular

    Posts : 2029
    Points : 2033
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  Regular on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:59 pm

    Remember how graciously Russia reacted to Maidan? All changed when protesters broke the deal.
    I do hope Armenians are smarted than that but they are even more hotblooded than Ukrainians..
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3147
    Points : 3270
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  kvs on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:26 am

    So the protestors call themselves Electric Maidan and we are supposed to believe they are all light and innocence?
    That they changed their name to Electric Yerevan means exactly f*ck all. The cat is out of the bag. This is a US
    NGO engineered effort to initiate a Maidan in Armenia. Whether it succeeds or not is secondary. The problem is
    the maggots in Washington they need to be undermined at every opportunity. No more talk about "partners".
    avatar
    ExBeobachter1987

    Posts : 445
    Points : 445
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Western Eurasia

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:39 am


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  Guest on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:32 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Good article from The Guardian (a real shock that); outlines my thoughts exactly:

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/25/armenia-yerevan-protests-kremlin-ukraine

    Still a garbage article and if you think this, then you too have problems.

    You cannot ignore the american funded accomplices whom are clearly taking advantage of this situation and trying to drive it to overthrow the government. Lets face it, it has been proven already from links I posted that such people are working there and involved. As well, if you shut your ears yelling lah lah lah to drown out criticizem, you are essentially ignoring the issue going on in the background and going to let such people win. Pointing out culprits will definately help. Armenia would be in a tight spot and has little choice but to accept Russia. Azerbaijan is already saying that they support protestors and calling ends to Armenian government.

    You need to call it for what it is, or another Ukraine will prop itself up. Look how China dealt with the protestors in HK, same thing. Called them out for what they are (paid provocators whom are pushing for a colored revolution). No one stupid enough to damage property, not make any money at work, and cause distress in a country over $80 a year more. If people in Armenia are pissed off about that, there is far worst. Watch the RT video on it.

    Orriginally, this was called electricmaiden but quickly changed to electricyeravan due to maidens unpopular wording. As well, I do not deny that there are people whom are inherently pissed off at governments missmanagement, but ignoring the fact that some asshole screaming about government wearing a US flag tshirt as a provocator, then you ignore what can happen.

    Remember Ukraine maiden? And how they are now fleeing to Russia cause they damaged their own cause by allowing us funded groups to highjack their protests and take over? Same thing can happen there.

    This whole thing is coinciding with the protest leader in Kyrgyzstan being caught red-handed meeting the American ambassador; so yes I quite understand that American NGO agitation is possible here.

    That still doesn't change a single thing in terms of how Russia should react to this situation; and the opinion piece I quoted outlines the best strategy - push for a compromise between the protestors and government, avoid becoming associated as a 'protector' of the government, but stay as a mediator and mutual party.
    The Guardian article also states that these protests have nothing to do with geo-politics or Russia's role in Armenian society; so thus Russia should avoid doing anything that would make itself an issue.
    All sound advice really.
    Actually yesterday I heard that Russia has stated that it hopes for a compromise to be worked out between the protestors and government - so it looks like it's taking the right course.

    These protests will probably fizzle out by themselves; but in general, this is the way that Russia should react to civil disorder in allied states.
    Eight days of protesting just utility rates is an awful long time already. These protests are beginning to reek of outside influence. I fully agree with how the Russian government should react. The weight is on the Armenian Government's shoulders to quell these protests. If theses protests are influenced from the outside, then they would find something else to protest about like continuation of Euromaidan in January of last year. If the worst comes to pass it will be interesting to watch how Russia reacts especially with their military base there.

    I would also like to remind everyone that just because Armenia is heavily Pro-Russia it doesn't mean a thing. Before the escalation of the Maidan in Ukraine the vast majority of people there (except for the far western regions) were either Pro-Russian or they did not mind Russia whatsoever. That all changed in February even before the liberation of Krim (although the events there obviously did help to reinforce new opinions the vast majority of the public).
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  sepheronx on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:50 pm

    Protesters in Yerevan put forward demands for Armenian authorities

    I would tell them to go to hell regarding how police treated protestors. No one should lose their jobs over this.

    The Armenian government will need to keep a hard stance.

    par far

    Posts : 1459
    Points : 1618
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    US sponsored color Revolution in Armenia

    Post  par far on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:18 pm

    avatar
    medo

    Posts : 3221
    Points : 3307
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  medo on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:36 pm

    Don't worry, Maidan was the last color revolution, which US successfully finish. They will have no success neither in Armenia neither in other places.

    par far

    Posts : 1459
    Points : 1618
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  par far on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:00 pm

    max steel wrote:As I said earlier it's not a maidan .

    Victoria Nuland held a closed meeting with chairmen of Armenian NGOs


    Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the US Department of State Victoria Nuland met with representatives of Armenian NGOs during her visit to Armenia on February 18. This was reported to Armenia News - NEWS.am by Chairman of the Gyumri-based Journalists Club Asbarez Levon Barseghyan. He did not provide any details, saying that the meeting was closed.

    http://gorchakovfund.ru/en/news/13905/


    See what is happening in Kyrgzstan . Well some of us are aware about presence of  male nuland  in Kyrgz : http://www.russiadefence.net/t3323-russia-kyrgyzstan-relations




    This is a maidan/color revolution and Russia needs to grow a spine and stand up for its ally(if Russia does not help its allies, then will turn their back on Russia. The way to stop these color revolution is to fuck the people involed in one of these maidan badly and tell the sponsors there will be pau back.

    par far

    Posts : 1459
    Points : 1618
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  par far on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:01 pm

    max steel wrote:As I said earlier it's not a maidan .

    Victoria Nuland held a closed meeting with chairmen of Armenian NGOs


    Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the US Department of State Victoria Nuland met with representatives of Armenian NGOs during her visit to Armenia on February 18. This was reported to Armenia News - NEWS.am by Chairman of the Gyumri-based Journalists Club Asbarez Levon Barseghyan. He did not provide any details, saying that the meeting was closed.

    http://gorchakovfund.ru/en/news/13905/


    See what is happening in Kyrgzstan . Well some of us are aware about presence of  male nuland  in Kyrgz : http://www.russiadefence.net/t3323-russia-kyrgyzstan-relations




    This is a maidan/color revolution and Russia needs to grow a spine and stand up for its ally(if Russia does not help its allies, then will turn their back on Russia. The way to stop these color revolution is to fuck the people involed in one of these maidan badly and tell the sponsors there will be pay back.
    avatar
    Flagship Victory

    Posts : 974
    Points : 922
    Join date : 2015-04-28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  Flagship Victory on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:21 pm

    This is Armenia's internal issue. Yes CIA is the orchestrator. However, if Russia sends reinforcements, Russia would be demonized by the west. So I think Russia must not intervene.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  Guest on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:39 pm

    par far wrote:
    max steel wrote:As I said earlier it's not a maidan .

    Victoria Nuland held a closed meeting with chairmen of Armenian NGOs


    Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the US Department of State Victoria Nuland met with representatives of Armenian NGOs during her visit to Armenia on February 18. This was reported to Armenia News - NEWS.am by Chairman of the Gyumri-based Journalists Club Asbarez Levon Barseghyan. He did not provide any details, saying that the meeting was closed.

    http://gorchakovfund.ru/en/news/13905/


    See what is happening in Kyrgzstan . Well some of us are aware about presence of  male nuland  in Kyrgz : http://www.russiadefence.net/t3323-russia-kyrgyzstan-relations




    This is a maidan/color revolution and Russia needs to grow a spine and stand up for its ally(if Russia does not help its allies, then will turn their back on Russia. The way to stop these color revolution is to fuck the people involed in one of these maidan badly and tell the sponsors there will be pau back.
    No. It is Russia's allies that must make a stand for themselves. It is not the government leaders who are Russian allies who turn away rather it is the new illegal governments that replace them that begin to hate Russia.
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2967
    Points : 2998
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  max steel on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:03 am

    ‪#‎Armenia‬ President Sargsyan gives into ‪#‎ElectricYerevan‬ (20k protesters max in country of 3 million) taking capital streets hostage - and suspends reasonable needed utility price hike, supposedly their only goal and demand.
    Surprise. Suddenly that's not enough. Protesters aren't going anywhere


    Last edited by max steel on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10514
    Points : 10991
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  George1 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:38 am

    max steel wrote:admin kindly delete this multiple thread .

    i will merge it with "Armenian Maidan underway?"


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3147
    Points : 3270
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  kvs on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:38 am

    You are both right. These 5th column "protestors" should be fucked over big time but not with any obvious Russian help. It
    is up to the legitimate local authorities to restore law and order. Yanukovich failed because he was too much of a soft pussy
    opportunist who should have sent in the army to machine gun the 10,000 Banderite militants once they took over the Maidan.
    Let the western media and politicians cry rivers and wail with indignation. They don't have the resources to physically
    intervene. They need proxies to enact their imperial ambitions. These proxies must be exterminated.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Armenia civil unrest

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:07 am