Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Upping the English contingent here

    Share

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3369
    Points : 3412
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Upping the English contingent here

    Post  JohninMK on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 12:31

    Hi, especially to those here who have seen me on MP.net or themess.

    They will know I post quite a lot on anything I might think would be of interest to others. I started with Ukraine and it spread from there. I tend to monitor sites that others in the west might regard as propaganda or rubbish, looking for 'gems'.


    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 809
    Points : 848
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  whir on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 13:15

    welcome

    JohninMK wrote:Hi, especially to those here who have seen me on MP.net or themess.

    They will know I post quite a lot on anything I might think would be of interest to others. I started with Ukraine and it spread from there. I tend to monitor sites that others in the west might regard as propaganda or rubbish, looking for 'gems'.
    Don't do it or you could end up accused of propagandism just like me angry


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9432
    Points : 9924
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  George1 on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 14:27

    welcome


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 17:58

    welcome

    Ivan the Colorado
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 793
    Points : 827
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Colorado, USA

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Ivan the Colorado on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 18:02

    Nice to see ya here! welcome

    archangelski
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 335
    Points : 358
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  archangelski on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 18:49

    welcome

    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 667
    Points : 730
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Book. on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 03:37


    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15465
    Points : 16172
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  GarryB on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 04:20

    War is all about propaganda... from both sides...

    When a stranger enters a discussion and posts propaganda from the side that is not locally popular some might identify them... rightly or wrongly as trolls... people just trying to wind up the other people present and start an argument.

    I think what happened was a natural assumption.

    BTW welcome Smile 

    You can avoid appearing to be a troll if in addition to posting western and ukrainian junta articles that you include your own opinion on the matter...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    auslander
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 861
    Points : 915
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  auslander on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 13:54

    JohninMK wrote:Hi, especially to those here who have seen me on MP.net or themess.

    They will know I post quite a lot on anything I might think would be of interest to others. I started with Ukraine and it spread from there. I tend to monitor sites that others in the west might regard as propaganda or rubbish, looking for 'gems'.


    Welcome, John, good to see you here. russia

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3672
    Points : 3784
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 14:00

    John, my good friend, so good to see you again!          welcome  

    Attention everybody: we have our financial guru back in action!!!  cheers

    Rodinazombie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 582
    Points : 616
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Rodinazombie on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 15:34

    Nice to see you here john, you were a good poster on that site so your content will be very welcome here.

    What made you finally come over here?

    Cowboy's daughter
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1141
    Points : 1180
    Join date : 2015-04-24
    Location : Texas

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Cowboy's daughter on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 16:48

    welcome cheers

    Yes Lord! There is a God in Heaven!! Very Happy

    I am so happy to see you here!!

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Dima on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 17:14

    welcome

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Werewolf on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 17:21

    welcome

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5629
    Points : 6282
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Viktor on Fri 19 Jun 2015, 16:28

    welcome

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3369
    Points : 3412
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  JohninMK on Sat 20 Jun 2015, 12:30

    Thanks to you all for the warm welcome, I must have been doing something right elsewhere.

    I have arrived here partly as I was told to! Also because it is a very interesting site, if a bit too many individual topics for my 'broad brush' approach and because themess is too inconsistently modded. By this I mean that I am currently infracted because I included more than the first two sentences of a Sputnik article yet stuff on Poland etc was not zapped out of the Ukraine thread.

    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 667
    Points : 730
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Book. on Sun 21 Jun 2015, 17:19

    It no prob. here ever body friend cheers

    Mess no good. lot poster left

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3369
    Points : 3412
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  JohninMK on Tue 30 Jun 2015, 13:44

    Oh dear, infracted and suspended at mp.net . They have a bit of difficulty on posts not on the 'party line'. Alternative views are not to be seen let alone discussed and then agreed as rubbish or propaganda.

    Cowboy's daughter
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1141
    Points : 1180
    Join date : 2015-04-24
    Location : Texas

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Cowboy's daughter on Tue 30 Jun 2015, 14:39

    JohninMK wrote:Oh dear, infracted and suspended at mp.net . They have a bit of difficulty on posts not on the 'party line'. Alternative views are not to be seen let alone discussed and then agreed as rubbish or propaganda.

    their loss is our gain!!


    It's hard when u speak the truth/facts and get demonized, but it's (the outcome is) worse for the ones who are doing it.

    Thank you for all your posts, JohninMK

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3369
    Points : 3412
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  JohninMK on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 00:44

    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Oh dear, infracted and suspended at mp.net . They have a bit of difficulty on posts not on the 'party line'. Alternative views are not to be seen let alone discussed and then agreed as rubbish or propaganda.

    their loss is our gain!!


    It's hard when u speak the truth/facts and get demonized, but it's (the outcome is) worse for the ones who are doing it.

    Thank you for all your posts, JohninMK
    Thank you as well, have enjoyed your comments over the months and am happy here.

    As a believer in the 'hear many opinions before you make your mind up' method of decision making I can't understand why some just shut their minds. Worse still, over there it is not just one topic but the whole output of a site that is regarded as BS. I am thinking here of not only Zerohedge (primarily a finance site but the cause of the suspension was quoting them on Syria) but also Veterans Today (which can be very suspect at times) and Foxtrot Alpha (an excellent aviation site). I was told by a mod last year, still there, that it was basically a US oriented military site and anything said against them was verboten.

    Godric
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 391
    Points : 405
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Godric on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 21:25

    the mess is a car crash of a forum .... I get sore eyes reading the threads ... it is even more one sided than MP.net ... I occasionally post the odd barb to wind certain folk up Wink


    Last edited by Godric on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:51; edited 1 time in total

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3369
    Points : 3412
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  JohninMK on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 21:38

    Godric wrote:ss is a car crash of a forum .... I get sore eyes reading the threads ... it is even more one sided than MP.net ... I occasionally post the odd barb to wind certain folk up Wink
    Agree, I do the same but wound up a mod Smile

    Godric
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 391
    Points : 405
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Godric on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 21:52

    JohninMK wrote:
    Godric wrote:ss is a car crash of a forum .... I get sore eyes reading the threads ... it is even more one sided than MP.net ... I occasionally post the odd barb to wind certain folk up Wink
    Agree, I do the same but wound up a mod Smile

    hae you checked out the UK defense forum lol it is all the uk guys from mp.net ... their is something like just 1 post near enough every week ha ha

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3369
    Points : 3412
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  JohninMK on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 23:11

    Godric wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    Godric wrote:ss is a car crash of a forum .... I get sore eyes reading the threads ... it is even more one sided than MP.net ... I occasionally post the odd barb to wind certain folk up Wink
    Agree, I do the same but wound up a mod Smile

    hae you checked out the UK defense forum lol it is all the uk guys from mp.net ... their is something like just 1 post near enough every week ha ha
    Yes, I am on there but as you say traffic is low but then, apart from a few UK locals like me I might say, who is interested in the UK military nowadays? We couldn't even defend the UK with what we have.

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat 04 Jul 2015, 07:55

    Hi, John.

    Sorry for the late welcome.

    welcome

    Sponsored content

    Re: Upping the English contingent here

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 01:51


      Current date/time is Tue 06 Dec 2016, 01:51