Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Share
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12247
    Points : 12726
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  George1 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:03 am

    MOSCOW, June 20. /TASS/. The newest AK-12 assault rifle produced by the Kalashnikov small arms manufacturer for the Ratnik ‘soldier of the future’ combat gear has passed all the stages of its operational evaluation in the troops, Kalashnikov press office told TASS on Tuesday.

    "It [the automatic rifle] has passed all the stages of its operational evaluation in troops," the press office said.

    Read also
    Russia’s ‘soldier of the future’ combat gear excels foreign rivals by armor protection

    The AK-12 is expected to become operational in the Russian Army as the basic long-barrel firearm.

    Kalashnikov Group Director for External Relations Sofiya Ivanova earlier told TASS that the operational evaluation of the AK-12 assault rifle for the Ratnik combat outfit will be completed in the Russian Army in the first half of this year.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/952393
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2773
    Points : 2755
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  miketheterrible on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:39 am

    AK-12 and AK-15



    Interesting short assault rifle:
    One with an integrated silencer and another as a standard shorter rifle.

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:37 pm

    ...

    It is the AK-15 on both pictures, only one is in 5,45 and the other in 7,62.

    Also the AK MA (AD MA) is the next step and would give Russia the same exact kind of short-action short-stroke gas piston that everyone in the "developed world" is purchasing or procuring.
    avatar
    Luq man

    Posts : 66
    Points : 68
    Join date : 2016-03-26
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  Luq man on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:59 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:It is the AK-15 on both pictures, only one is in 5,45 and the other in 7,62.

    No, it is the AK-12K and the AK-15K on those pictures. The only difference though is the kaliber AK-12K 5.45mm and AK-15K 7.62mm

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:55 pm

    Luq man wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:It is the AK-15 on both pictures, only one is in 5,45 and the other in 7,62.

    No, it is the AK-12K and the AK-15K on those pictures. The only difference though is the kaliber AK-12K 5.45mm and AK-15K 7.62mm


    Nope, the AK-12 has a completely different receiver...that has since been abandoned.

    AK 12

    AK 15.



    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2773
    Points : 2755
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  miketheterrible on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:12 pm

    What do you think Russian MoD should purchase for Ratnik?
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2527
    Points : 2525
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Luq man wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:It is the AK-15 on both pictures, only one is in 5,45 and the other in 7,62.

    No, it is the AK-12K and the AK-15K on those pictures. The only difference though is the kaliber AK-12K 5.45mm and AK-15K 7.62mm


    Nope, the AK-12 has a completely different receiver...that has since been abandoned.

    AK 12

    AK 15.




    haven't seen you in a while! welcome back mate cheers
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:What do you think Russian MoD should purchase for Ratnik?


    A rifle that can fit every and single demand of the tender.

    As it is, they better stick with the 74M until both 3 guns, MA/AK15/A545 are tested properly. From what I see if the MA is properly sorted it will be the actual winner.

    KG: Yup nice to see you mate.
    avatar
    Luq man

    Posts : 66
    Points : 68
    Join date : 2016-03-26
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  Luq man on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:22 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Nope, the AK-12 has a completely different receiver...that has since been abandoned.

    Didn't they replace that older AK-12 with the newer version?
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/06/breaking-kalashnikov-concern-discontinues-ak-12-replaces-new-ak-12/

    That guy in the video clearly says that this is the AK-12K and the only differance with AK-15K is the kaliber...?

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:44 am

    Luq man wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Nope, the AK-12 has a completely different receiver...that has since been abandoned.

    Didn't they replace that older AK-12 with the newer version?
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/06/breaking-kalashnikov-concern-discontinues-ak-12-replaces-new-ak-12/

    That guy in the video clearly says that this is the AK-12K and the only differance with AK-15K is the kaliber...?


    That guy in the video is the same guy who demonstrated the real AK-12 back in 2016.

    Also they didn't replaced the "older" AK-12 (because the AK-12 is a long stroke piston action, thumb ambidextrous selector, polymer furniture equipped etc etc rifle). This is a Dragunov short stroke action, with an AK74M styled receiver, no ambidextrous controls and retaining a front-post. This rifle started its course as the AK 400.

    Also for a long time 'the Russian Military had only one caliber"...The face palm is so strong it needs a chinese tactical team.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3741
    Points : 3779
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:01 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:What do you think Russian MoD should purchase for Ratnik?


    A rifle that can fit every and single demand of the tender.

    As it is, they better stick with the 74M until both 3 guns, MA/AK15/A545 are tested properly. From what I see if the MA is properly sorted it will be the actual winner.

    KG: Yup nice to see you mate.

    1. Wait, wait but MA isnt it a bit to short, for say, kind of Syrian assignment? where distances are larger, open spaces?

    2. Is Russian to field new caliber anytime in foreseeable future (like 6x49mm )
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12247
    Points : 12726
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  George1 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:57 pm

    MOSCOW, February 1. /TASS/. The Kalashnikov firearms manufacturer is starting the serial production of the advanced AK-12 assault rifles, with the first batch scheduled for delivery to the Russian troops before the yearend, Head of Rostec hi-tech corporation Sergey Chemezov said on Thursday.
    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/988103
    avatar
    Cheetah

    Posts : 50
    Points : 54
    Join date : 2016-11-26
    Location : Australia

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  Cheetah on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:59 am

    MOSCOW, February 1. /TASS/. The Kalashnikov firearms manufacturer is starting the serial production of the advanced AK-12 assault rifles,

    Well, I'll go first.

    I'm still a little confused with what's going on with all these rifles.

    So let me get this straight. There was once an Ak-12, which was going through the trials, and so on. Then, one day, the Ak-400 came along, after witch it was split into two designations - Ak-12 for 5.45 and Ak-15 for 7.62. The former superseded the initial Ak-12, which has since dropped off the map.

    That about right?

    And, if so, why is TASS still using pics of the initial Ak-12 for the article. Or am I dead wrong, and the initial Ak-12 is alive and well, and is actually going into production?
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2773
    Points : 2755
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  miketheterrible on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:07 am

    Initial AK-12 design was based off of the AK-200 gun. MoD wasn't really interested cause little difference between that and AK-74M. AK-400 design came out which had much better handling even with 7.62 rounds, and they were interested in that. So newest iteration of AK-12, AK-15 and RPK-16 are based off of the AK-400 design.

    Thats what I got out of it at least.
    avatar
    runaway

    Posts : 374
    Points : 389
    Join date : 2010-11-12
    Location : Sweden

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  runaway on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 am

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Luq man wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:It is the AK-15 on both pictures, only one is in 5,45 and the other in 7,62.

    No, it is the AK-12K and the AK-15K on those pictures. The only difference though is the kaliber AK-12K 5.45mm and AK-15K 7.62mm


    Nope, the AK-12 has a completely different receiver...that has since been abandoned.

    AK 12

    AK 15.




    haven't seen you in a while! welcome back mate cheers

    So what type of AK-12 are they actually building? Last image with old type fire selector or the one with new type?


    avatar
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 470
    Points : 502
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Soviet Interdimentional Command

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:06 pm

    runaway wrote:

    So what type of AK-12 are they actually building? Last image with old type fire selector or the one with new type?

    The AK-12 is just maskirovka the Russian army is actually working on the LVN-17 laser rifle.
    avatar
    Arctic_Fox

    Posts : 156
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2015-05-02
    Age : 25
    Location : Brazil

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  Arctic_Fox on Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:29 pm

    runaway wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Luq man wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:It is the AK-15 on both pictures, only one is in 5,45 and the other in 7,62.

    No, it is the AK-12K and the AK-15K on those pictures. The only difference though is the kaliber AK-12K 5.45mm and AK-15K 7.62mm


    Nope, the AK-12 has a completely different receiver...that has since been abandoned.

    AK 12

    AK 15.




    haven't seen you in a while! welcome back mate cheers

    So what type of AK-12 are they actually building? Last image with old type fire selector or the one with new type?



    This one:








    avatar
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 470
    Points : 502
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Soviet Interdimentional Command

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:40 pm

    OK just wait one minute who was the traitor that decided to put the front sight onh the gas block the gas block of all places?

    Clearly there are some western sabatuers trying infiltrate the Russian small arms industry and cantaminate it with thier retarded western gun design philosopy.

    First it is sights in the wrong places then it will be vertical foregrips and before you know it guns will be made of bloody polymer.

    These traitors must be eliminated.
    avatar
    runaway

    Posts : 374
    Points : 389
    Join date : 2010-11-12
    Location : Sweden

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  runaway on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:27 pm

    The old style, i like it. After a few minutes first time with an AK47 it took me 25 seconds to dismantle it and 40 to put it togehter. On the shooting range we had 4 very old AK47 and 4 old M16A2.
    It was a warm summer day and after 3 hours none of the M16´ns worked but all of the AK47 and some of them had old cracks and stuff...

    Yeah about the AK-12, is the old selector the same, first auto then single shot? Are there a new notch for 2 or 3 burst mode?
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12247
    Points : 12726
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  George1 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:54 pm

    The history of the AK-12 assault rifle

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3254097.html
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2773
    Points : 2755
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  miketheterrible Yesterday at 7:48 pm

    https://vpk.name/news/235276_test_noveishih_avtomatov_ak_popal_na_video.html

    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3741
    Points : 3779
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Today at 12:20 am

    Just what was not in English Wink
    They said here were testing Ak-12k and AK-15k versions with hunting ammo. Not military grade.

    Sponsored content

    Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:08 pm