Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

AK-12 Rifle Discussion

George1

Re: AK-12 Rifle Discussion

Post  George1 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:03 am

MOSCOW, June 20. /TASS/. The newest AK-12 assault rifle produced by the Kalashnikov small arms manufacturer for the Ratnik ‘soldier of the future’ combat gear has passed all the stages of its operational evaluation in the troops, Kalashnikov press office told TASS on Tuesday.

"It [the automatic rifle] has passed all the stages of its operational evaluation in troops," the press office said.

Read also
    Russia’s ‘soldier of the future’ combat gear excels foreign rivals by armor protection

The AK-12 is expected to become operational in the Russian Army as the basic long-barrel firearm.

Kalashnikov Group Director for External Relations Sofiya Ivanova earlier told TASS that the operational evaluation of the AK-12 assault rifle for the Ratnik combat outfit will be completed in the Russian Army in the first half of this year.

More:
    http://tass.com/defense/952393

miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:39 am

AK-12 and AK-15

Interesting short assault rifle:
    One with an integrated silencer and another as a standard shorter rifle.

KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:37 pm

It is the AK-15 on both pictures, only one is in 5,45 and the other in 7,62.

Also the AK MA (AD MA) is the next step and would give Russia the same exact kind of short-action short-stroke gas piston that everyone in the "developed world" is purchasing or procuring.
    Luq man

Post  Luq man on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:59 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:It is the AK-15 on both pictures, only one is in 5,45 and the other in 7,62.

No, it is the AK-12K and the AK-15K on those pictures. The only difference though is the kaliber AK-12K 5.45mm and AK-15K 7.62mm

KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Luq man wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:It is the AK-15 on both pictures, only one is in 5,45 and the other in 7,62.

No, it is the AK-12K and the AK-15K on those pictures. The only difference though is the kaliber AK-12K 5.45mm and AK-15K 7.62mm

Nope, the AK-12 has a completely different receiver...that has since been abandoned.

AK 12

AK 15.

miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:12 pm

What do you think Russian MoD should purchase for Ratnik?
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Luq man wrote:

Nope, the AK-12 has a completely different receiver...that has since been abandoned.

AK 12

AK 15.

haven't seen you in a while! welcome back mate cheers
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 pm

miketheterrible wrote:What do you think Russian MoD should purchase for Ratnik?

A rifle that can fit every and single demand of the tender.

As it is, they better stick with the 74M until both 3 guns, MA/AK15/A545 are tested properly. From what I see if the MA is properly sorted it will be the actual winner.

KG: Yup nice to see you mate.
    Luq man

Post  Luq man on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:22 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:Nope, the AK-12 has a completely different receiver...that has since been abandoned.

Didn't they replace that older AK-12 with the newer version?
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/06/breaking-kalashnikov-concern-discontinues-ak-12-replaces-new-ak-12/

That guy in the video clearly says that this is the AK-12K and the only differance with AK-15K is the kaliber...?

KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:44 am

Luq man wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Nope, the AK-12 has a completely different receiver...that has since been abandoned.

Didn't they replace that older AK-12 with the newer version?
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/06/breaking-kalashnikov-concern-discontinues-ak-12-replaces-new-ak-12/

That guy in the video clearly says that this is the AK-12K and the only differance with AK-15K is the kaliber...?

That guy in the video is the same guy who demonstrated the real AK-12 back in 2016.

Also they didn't replaced the "older" AK-12 (because the AK-12 is a long stroke piston action, thumb ambidextrous selector, polymer furniture equipped etc etc rifle). This is a Dragunov short stroke action, with an AK74M styled receiver, no ambidextrous controls and retaining a front-post. This rifle started its course as the AK 400.

Also for a long time 'the Russian Military had only one caliber"...The face palm is so strong it needs a chinese tactical team.
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:01 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:What do you think Russian MoD should purchase for Ratnik?

A rifle that can fit every and single demand of the tender.

As it is, they better stick with the 74M until both 3 guns, MA/AK15/A545 are tested properly. From what I see if the MA is properly sorted it will be the actual winner.

KG: Yup nice to see you mate.

1. Wait, wait but MA isnt it a bit to short, for say, kind of Syrian assignment? where distances are larger, open spaces?

2. Is Russian to field new caliber anytime in foreseeable future (like 6x49mm )

rrob

Post  rrob on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:15 pm

t

Last edited by rrob on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 pm

rrob wrote:
    Luzhin36 wrote:Kind of off topic but it's the same as the abrams and the T-90. the T-90 is superior. It's lighter, faster, not only does it fire conventional tank rounds but it also fires a missile. However according the the history channel the abrams is the best. they have never faced each other and of course the abrams beat iraqs T-72 in the first gulf war they were new updated abrams fighting against 20 year old tanks! It's amazing what people will believe. Sorry I get off topic a lot i'll try to contain myself for future posts! It's just nice to see people who take the facts and personal experience into account rather than what they see on tv and hear from their governments. My uncle asked me tonight if I went back to afghanistan and had a choice would i take an M-4 back and I told him I would rather take an Ak that had been buried in someones back yard for a few years. Case in point, Nawa district Afghanistan after we got back from a patrol one night one of our guys went to clear his weapon and the extractor would not grab the cartridge we racked it several times to no avail he ended up ramming a cleaning rod down the barrel to get the round out and come to find out there wasn't even that much sand on the bolt face, he's damn lucky nothing happened that night.

Amazing how you twist things to make your point.  How fast s a T90? who cares but to point T 90 has 20.4 horsepower per ton the Abrams has 26.9 so which one based on facts, not wishful thinking will probably be faster?. Remove the speed governor on an M1A2SEP and the 69-ton beast will do 68MPH plus so what?  Where is the T90's 22-year combat proven (albeit against 2nd. string foes) record?  Russia has a total of 550 T- 90 tanks to its name and almost no combat record. How many brigades can be fielded and transported quickly into a distant hotspot say Africa or Venezuela?  America has 7970 Abrams tanks and the biggest air and sealift capability on the planet to move them. You think things like that might make a difference in war?   And forgive me, despite the capabilities of 3rd generation reactive armor, there is always going to be a counter to such things like the segmented M829E4 tank round created especially to defeat it. There is a basic law of physics concerning armor that thicker works better, otherwise they would have made the T 90 and M1 Abrams tanks out of sheet metal! to save weight cost and time! So what if the T 90  fires missiles or can snorkel 8 feet under water? You think that really matters in the real world?  Don't see very many combat tanks carrying snorkels lately maybe there is a reason. That is why you have different platforms to work in unison in combined arms army as no one single machine can do it all better. America uses systems like an AH- 64 Apache with Hellfire two missiles to chop up armor from 8 kilometers away just as the Russian army uses their Havoc gunships because it does do a better job. So pride aside, your one on one tank comparison is not going to matter in the real world one damn bit.  Please excuse the rant and it really is not about who is better or will win, but about telling the true story and being as completely unbiased as possible and to give nonemotional driven accurate assertions. So enough with mine is better than yours without telling the whole story   Russian systems are fine but let's not distort reality by some fake set up test or personal emotionally biased assertions.

Under similar circumstances, manned by same quality troops the M1A2 and the T-90 have fared the same way. With tanks suffering the same issues as previously discussed. If I was really thorough I would say that the T90 doesn’t show the cons it is usually slammed for and the M1 doesn’t show the qualities it is being vaunted for.
    Ives

Post  Ives on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:42 am

rrob wrote:
    Luzhin36 wrote:Kind of off topic but it's the same as the abrams and the T-90. the T-90 is superior. It's lighter, faster, not only does it fire conventional tank rounds but it also fires a missile. However according the the history channel the abrams is the best. they have never faced each other and of course the abrams beat iraqs T-72 in the first gulf war they were new updated abrams fighting against 20 year old tanks! It's amazing what people will believe. Sorry I get off topic a lot i'll try to contain myself for future posts! It's just nice to see people who take the facts and personal experience into account rather than what they see on tv and hear from their governments. My uncle asked me tonight if I went back to afghanistan and had a choice would i take an M-4 back and I told him I would rather take an Ak that had been buried in someones back yard for a few years. Case in point, Nawa district Afghanistan after we got back from a patrol one night one of our guys went to clear his weapon and the extractor would not grab the cartridge we racked it several times to no avail he ended up ramming a cleaning rod down the barrel to get the round out and come to find out there wasn't even that much sand on the bolt face, he's damn lucky nothing happened that night.

Amazing how you twist things to make your point.  How fast s a T90? who cares but to point T 90 has 20.4 horsepower per ton the Abrams has 26.9 so which one based on facts, not wishful thinking will probably be faster?. Remove the speed governor on an M1A2SEP and the 69-ton beast will do 68MPH plus so what?  Where is the T90's 22-year combat proven (albeit against 2nd. string foes) record?  Russia has a total of 550 T- 90 tanks to its name and almost no combat record. How many brigades can be fielded and transported quickly into a distant hotspot say Africa or Venezuela?  America has 7970 Abrams tanks and the biggest air and sealift capability on the planet to move them. You think things like that might make a difference in war?   And forgive me, despite the capabilities of 3rd generation reactive armor, there is always going to be a counter to such things like the segmented M829E4 tank round created especially to defeat it. There is a basic law of physics concerning armor that thicker works better, otherwise they would have made the T 90 and M1 Abrams tanks out of sheet metal! to save weight cost and time! So what if the T 90  fires missiles or can snorkel 8 feet under water? You think that really matters in the real world?  Don't see very many combat tanks carrying snorkels lately maybe there is a reason. That is why you have different platforms to work in unison in combined arms army as no one single machine can do it all better. America uses systems like an AH- 64 Apache with Hellfire two missiles to chop up armor from 8 kilometers away just as the Russian army uses their Havoc gunships because it does do a better job. So pride aside, your one on one tank comparison is not going to matter in the real world one damn bit.  Please excuse the rant and it really is not about who is better or will win, but about telling the true story and being as completely unbiased as possible and to give nonemotional driven accurate assertions. So enough with mine is better than yours without telling the whole story   Russian systems are fine but let's not distort reality by some fake set up test or personal emotionally biased assertions.

You really that retarded, right? T-90AM is a lot more agile and manueverable, since it has less ground pressure. T-90 was tested in Chechnya and Syria and had nearly perfect record there. Whereas 'mighty' Abrams was beaten by old-ass RPG-7s numerous times.

rrob

Post  rrob on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:40 am

Lo

Last edited by rrob on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 am; edited 2 times in total
    Ives

Post  Ives on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:57 am

You kinda, boring troll bruv. I have a feeling, that I am talking to a a yankee shcoolkid, who watched too much of Hollyweed movies, lol. "Mighty" Abrams was slaughtered by rpg-29, old ass soviet atgms as well, bruv. The majority of US Abrams are M1A1 and M1A2(not SEP), which are not that much superior to the latest upgrades of T-72 and T-80, really. Actually, if we will turn down all this "nothing is even close to murika in da whole universe, yall!" sorta nonsence, we will see, that Abrams is mediocre tank at best. Merkava 4, K2 for instance are vastly superior to it. Actually the only decent NATO tank is Leo2A6/A7, whereas "mighty" Chally and Abrams are sorta average.

Sent from Topic'it App

Cyrus the great

Post  Cyrus the great on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:42 am

It would be great if Kalashnikov created an assault rifle variant of their new SVK rifle; it uses the same short-stroke piston of the AK-400, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure what the differences are between a reverse short-stroke piston and a conventional short-stroke piston, but the SVK seems to tick all the boxes. It has an easily accessible magwell, it's ergonomic and can easily be modified into an assault rifle with the further inclusion of certain features like an ambidextrous charging handle.

Cyrus the great

Post  Cyrus the great on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:28 am

Information on the Svch rifle is scant but I presume that it has an adjustable gas block like a lot of recent Russian firearms. Am I wrong to think that it could serve as an assault rifle with some minor changes like a reciprocating charging handle? Russia might not adopt it as an assault rifle but it would probably sell pretty well in international markets.
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Cyrus the great wrote:Information on the Svch rifle is scant but I presume that it has an adjustable gas block like a lot of recent Russian firearms. Am I wrong to think that it could serve as an assault rifle with some minor changes like a reciprocating charging handle? Russia might not adopt it as an assault rifle but it would probably sell pretty well in international markets.

It is based on the Dragunov MA so yes it is going to be presented as an assault rifle.

Cyrus the great

Post  Cyrus the great on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:55 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Cyrus the great wrote:Information on the Svch rifle is scant but I presume that it has an adjustable gas block like a lot of recent Russian firearms. Am I wrong to think that it could serve as an assault rifle with some minor changes like a reciprocating charging handle? Russia might not adopt it as an assault rifle but it would probably sell pretty well in international markets.

It is based on the Dragunov MA so yes it is going to be presented as an assault rifle.

Excellent! Thanks KoTeMoRe. russia

Questions:

What is a reverse short-stroke? And what differentiates it from a regular short-stroke?

I noticed that the early AK-12 had an ambidextrous charging handle but this feature was removed in subsequent variants. Do you know why they removed this feature?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:02 am