Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

IR of Iran Armed Forces Photos and Videos

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

IR of Iran Armed Forces Photos and Videos

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:34 pm

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps unveiled a home-made high-explosive mine in a ceremony attended by IRGC Ground Force Commander Brigadier General Mohammad Pakpour on Sunday.
    Among the weapons test-fired today was a rotating three-cylinder cannon, 'Asefeh', which was unveiled a few months ago and can be used to target and destroy  hostile flying objects in low altitudes.

Another system which was unveiled and test-fired was 'Ramait' high-explosive roadside mine which can destroy an armored column within a radius of 100-150 meters with high precision.

Also a solo weapon, 'Fateh', was the third system unveiled this afternoon. Fateh is an Iran-made  assault rifle that fires 5.56mm bullets.

"Ramait roadside mine which enjoys good capabilities will be mass-produced tomorrow," Pakpour told FNA today.

He added that other systems tested today are also ready for mass-production.

The Iranian Armed Forces have recently test-fired different types of newly-developed missiles and torpedoes and tested a large number of home-made weapons, tools and equipment, including submarines, military ships, artillery, choppers, aircrafts, UAVs and air defense and electronic systems, during massive military drills.

Defense analysts and military observers say that Iran's wargames and its advancements in weapons production have proved as a deterrent factor, specially at a time of heightened threats by the US.

Last edited by ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

MTN1917
    Private
    Private

Re: IR of Iran Armed Forces Photos and Videos

Post  MTN1917 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Asefeh is a 23mm Gatling gun which is capable of firing 900 rounds per minute, although the project is not yet complete.

There was another Gatling gun project which was chambered in 12.7mm called Nasr Project.

These projects are done by IRGC research and self sufficiency organization, Iran's Army self sufficiency too has built 7.62mm Akhgar and 12.7mm Muharram Gatling guns.

Akhgar 7.62mm Gatling gun capable of firing 4,000 to 6,000 rounds per minute.

Muharram 12.7mm Gatling gun capable of firing 2,500 rounds per minute.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:16 pm

That rifle looks too much like an Iranian version of the SCAR or some other western model, but it could just be me... 

Anyone know why the "Asefeh" only has three barrels?

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:37 am

Two primary reasons... reduce weight, and reduce rate of fire.

These gatlings look American... as does the rifle.

Any word on the round used in the 23mm cannon... it is not a common US calibre.

I suspect it will either be the very powerful 23 x 152mm as used in the ZSU-23-4, or the light 23 x 115mm used on the latest Hind... or it could be a new design.

Note regarding those gatling guns, I wonder why they bother... they tend to be heavy and in many situations a very high rate of fire is not that useful... note most IFVs have single barrel cannons.

Note the cables leading back from the mounts suggest these are electric drive gatlings.

(Note the Soviet gatlings are gas powered, which makes them lighter and more portable.)

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:05 pm

GarryB wrote:

Two primary reasons... reduce weight, and reduce rate of fire.

These gatlings look American... as does the rifle.

Any word on the round used in the 23mm cannon... it is not a common US calibre.

I suspect it will either be the very powerful 23 x 152mm as used in the ZSU-23-4, or the light 23 x 115mm used on the latest Hind... or it could be a new design.

Note regarding those gatling guns, I wonder why they bother... they tend to be heavy and in many situations a very high rate of fire is not that useful... note most IFVs have single barrel cannons.

Note the cables leading back from the mounts suggest these are electric drive gatlings.

(Note the Soviet gatlings are gas powered, which makes them lighter and more portable.)

That is what confuses me... Gatling's all are "about" rate of fire, and weight shouldn't be a problem with them either...

Well, that isn't very surprising is it... The firing mechanism is probably modeled after destroyed/left Gatling's from the US.

I'd assume it is the smaller 115 mm round, becuase the system itself doesn't look very big.

Plus they are more expensive, less reliable etc.

More evidence that it is based on a US design?

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Mike E wrote:

That is what confuses me... Gatling's all are "about" rate of fire, and weight shouldn't be a problem with them either...

Well, that isn't very surprising is it... The firing mechanism is probably modeled after destroyed/left Gatling's from the US.

I'd assume it is the smaller 115 mm round, becuase the system itself doesn't look very big.

Well that depends on the plattform they are intended to be used on. For example AH-1 uses M197 gatling gun but it only has 750rpm (claimed to be capable shooting with 1500 rpm), because having to high cadence is bad with such a low ammunition capacity and for such a light helicopter high rpm leads to stronger and more vibrations, which decreases accuracy and reduces lifespan of some components and airframe.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

Well that depends on the plattform they are intended to be used on. For example AH-1 uses M197 gatling gun but it only has 750rpm (claimed to be capable shooting with 1500 rpm), because having to high cadence is bad with such a low ammunition capacity and for such a light helicopter high rpm leads to stronger and more vibrations, which decreases accuracy and reduces lifespan of some components and airframe.

True, but this appears to be a vehicle-mounted (ground vehicle) system, which should be able to handle high rates of fire...

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:08 pm

I think this is in early stages and testing it on ground vehicles is far less complicated and rather cheap than testing it immidiatley on aircraft. I think it will be both ground and maybe when Iran manages to get their MIC to the point of producing helicopters with some moderate lifting capacity it will be very handy against ground targets.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:02 am

The US Vulcan gatling gun has 6 barrels and fires at about 4,500rpm.

The 20mm cannon on the Cobra helicopter is based on the Vulcan but didn't need a high rate of fire so they reduced it to a three barrel gun to make it lighter and reduce its rate of fire.

The main purpose for a gatling gun often is rate of fire and long bursts of continuous fire without melting the barrels... a 6 barrel gatling only fires each barrel 1/6th the time of a single barrel cannon so longer bursts and less overheating.

The other advantage of a gatling is simplifying the loading firing unloading process... a three barrel gun will have three gun positions... one position is always firing... the position before it is loading and of course the position after loading is unloading. By splitting up each process you make it smoother and more reliable so if a single round fails to fire momentum will keep the gun firing.

In the case of electrically driven guns it wont matter if 20 rounds in a row fail to fire, they will be cycled through the gun and ejected.

Reliability is good for unmanned vehicles or defensive situations where a gun failing to fire is a real problem.

Gatling guns are more expensive but also generally much more reliable and able to fire longer bursts more often.

Just go to wiki and look at US and Soviet gatling gun designs... even the muzzle shrouds look American.

Also 6 or three barrels is a clue.

Soviet 30 cal gatlings fire at 6,000 rpm but are four barrelled and gas powered. Soviet 50 cal gatlings fire at 4,500-5,500rpm and are also 4 barrelled.

Soviet 23mm gatlings fire at up to 12,000 rpm and have 6 barrels. Soviet 30mm gatlings have 6 barrels and fire at 6,000 rpm.

True, but this appears to be a vehicle-mounted (ground vehicle) system, which should be able to handle high rates of fire...

Most helicopter mounted cannon have relatively low rate of fire because most ground targets dont require a high rate of fire. Air targets are better engaged with a high rate of fire, but not ground targets.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Iran Unveils New Rocket Launcher, Heavy Tactical Vehicle

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:28 am

Iranian defense minister on Thursday unveiled two new military equipment, including a rocket launcher system and a tactical all-terrain vehicle.

Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan said the new launcher system is used to fire the Falaq rockets and is a useful weapon for the ground battles.

Falaq launcher which is capable of opening heavy fire on the targets enjoys high maneuverability. It can also be stationed rapidly and has good mobility for difficult terrains, the minister explained.

When equipped with the Falaq 1 and 2 rockets, the new launcher system can hit the targets within a range of 10 kilometers, he added.

Thanks to the high destructive power of the Falaq rocket’s warhead, the proper area that its shrapnel covers and the tactical features of the rocket launcher, Iranian forces will have the power to fight the ground battles proportional to the threats, Dehqan explained.

He made the comments in a special ceremony to unveil the homegrown products.

The other new achievement unveiled in the ceremony was a tactical heavy vehicle, dubbed Zafar, which Dehqan said has 4 separate drive axles.

Zafar has also two steerable axles. It is equipped with anti-modern war systems, has an operational range of 800 kilometers and can carry loads up to 24 tons and pass steep slopes, deep waters and stair-like obstacles.

The vehicle can carry various types of launchers, missiles, radars, rockets and command posts, the minister added

In recent years, the Islamic Republic of Iran has made great achievements in its defense sector and has attained self-sufficiency in producing essential military equipment and systems.

Tehran has repeatedly assured other nations that its military might poses no threat to other countries, saying that the Islamic Republic’s defense doctrine is entirely based on deterrence.

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

IPAS 2014 EXPO

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:28 pm

Last edited by ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:27 pm

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:45 pm

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:41 am

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 am

GPS AND GLONASS JAMMER

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Iran Aerospace Exhibition 2014

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:38 pm

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:39 pm

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:39 pm

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:40 pm

nemrod
    Major
    Major

Post  nemrod on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Thx ShahryarHedayatiSHBA for these usefull informations.
    I realize how Iran changed during this last decade. The great challenge now for Iran is to build a good fighter, with indegenous engine. I know it is hard, however, I am sure Iran can.
    If you have informations please let us know.

Very Happy

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:55 pm

nemrod wrote:Thx ShahryarHedayatiSHBA for these usefull informations.
    I realize how Iran changed during this last decade. The great challenge now for Iran is to build a good fighter, with indegenous engine. I know it is hard, however, I am sure Iran can.

Very Happy
    the defense minister  announced that Iran planned to display new  aircraft for training purposes called KOSAR 88
    well.... that's  first step Smile

from farsnews:

The Iranian commander referred to the country’s plans to build new fighter jets, and said, “Other projects are also underway by the Defense Industries to manufacture more fighter jets, one of which is Kowsar training jet.”

two snap shots of kosar from irinn:

http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/10145/kowsar_88_-2.jpg
    http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/10145/vlcsnap-2014-09-15-00h49m50s171.jpg

kosar 88 is mainly based on Iranian build F5-A SIMORGH

http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/f5_22.JPG

http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/1511051.jpg

and their goal is to upgrade kosar to close air support jet

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Last edited by ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:13 pm

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:23 pm

dorna free bird

www.dornaaircraft.com/

Last edited by ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

nemrod
    Major
    Major

Post  nemrod on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:32 pm

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA wrote:
    nemrod wrote:Thx ShahryarHedayatiSHBA for these usefull informations.

Very Happy
    the defense minister  announced that Iran planned to display new  aircraft for training purposes called KOSAR 88
    well.... that's  first step Smile

from farsnews:

The Iranian commander referred to the country’s plans to build new fighter jets, and said, “Other projects are also underway by the Defense Industries to manufacture more fighter jets, one of which is Kowsar training jet.”

two snap shots of kosar from irinn:

http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/10145/kowsar_88_-2.jpg
    http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/10145/vlcsnap-2014-09-15-00h49m50s171.jpg

kosar 88 is mainly based on Iranian build F5-A SIMORGH

http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/f5_22.JPG

http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/1511051.jpg

and  their goal is to upgrade kosar  to close air support jet

Thx ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Just a question please. I was suprised by iranian availlabilty to build the HESA Saeqeh. It looks like F-18. Question :
    Are its motor engines indigenous ? Or just existing engines in stock, belonging to F-5 that were adapted to the HESA Saeqeh ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:35 pm

Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:35 pm