Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Share

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3667
    Points : 3779
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:12 pm

    According to Cassad voentorog reinforcements are crossing the border. Twisted Evil

    I have been following this guy's account since before Debaltsevo showdown. He has a lot of good info:

    https://twitter.com/sbobkov?lang=en

    Ghoster
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 102
    Points : 106
    Join date : 2015-05-01
    Location : Lithuania

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  Ghoster on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:16 pm

    Ukrainian army shelled a market in Kirovskyi District, Donetsk. According to the video, no casualties. It doesn't look like the market was open at the time, luckily.


    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  flamming_python on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:36 pm

    In between the steadily escelating Ukrainian shelling of DNR/LNR population centres, and whatever plans they were cooking up for Transdniestr - the Novorussian offensive couldn't have come at a better time!
    Not a co-incidence, I'll say that much.

    Nor should it be.

    This ought to preoccupy them a little and give them something to mull over, before coming up with provocations along the Odessa border or anything else.

    The VSU and their Nazi battallions like to see how far they can push things.
    Both times, they got their asses kicked, then were saved by the West. Both times, it looked like they might have learned their lesson; but again they quietly, slowly, started to ignore more and more of the agreements, started shelling civilian towns a little, then a bit more, and a bit more after that; as if testing just how much they could dare to get away with.

    Like with the Maidan protests in general - they just didn't know how good they had it before.
    How lucky they were that the VSN didn't annihilate them then and there after Illovaisk, Debaltsevo, etc..
    They were stupid, and naive, and greedy. And when it came to the Donbass too. 2 lessons wasn't enough; 'the defeat of the vatniki is just around the corner', they say. All they have to do is make a few more provocations and the West will save them

    Pests really, just pests. Little, scrawny, cowardly, fascistic pests. Hope they get thrown out of the whole Donbass - and if the VSN is up to it - why stop there?


    Last edited by flamming_python on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

    auslander
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 859
    Points : 913
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  auslander on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:43 pm

    Real time commo Gorlovka and Donetsk.

    Both cities are under intense bombardment, civilian casualties are very heavy. Commo with Gorlovka is off and on, Donetsk is steady at this time. Civilian casualties are very heavy in Donetsk, heavy enough in Gorlovka.

    Heavy fighting southwest, west and north of Donetsk, north and east of Gorlovka. Marinka has not been taken although large parts are now under NAF control according to unconfirmed reports but the reports are numerous.

    Scattered fighting along the front east of Mariupol.

    Duma in Mockba is still in session as of an hour ago, reason unknown. We have been again warned that sanctions will be increased for our city, our peninsula and RF in general.

    Look for a feint in to Transdnistria. Look for chlorine or phosgene gas to be used around Donetsk and Gorlorvka which OSCE will immediately blame on NAF.

    Rumors of the north wind blowing are, at the moment, just that, rumors.

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 809
    Points : 848
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  whir on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:53 pm

    The Telegraph wrote:Ukraine accuses rebels of launching 'large-scale offensive'
    By Agencies2:46PM BST 03 Jun 2015

    Ukrainian army claims up to a thousand separatist troops and a dozen tanks have attacked government-held positions close to Donetsk, killing 15

    Ukraine's army on Wednesday accused pro-Russian forces of launching a big new attack against government positions in breach of a shaky ceasefire deal.

    Rebel forces began a "large-scale offensive against Ukrainian positions" close to the seperatist stronghold of Donetsk at 0400 local time (0200 BST) using some dozen tanks and up to a thousand troops, Ukraine's general staff said in statement, adding that government troops had fought back the attack using heavy artillery.

    A senior rebel commander said around 15 fighters and civilians had been killed as a result of the clashes between Ukrainian government forces and separatists near rebel-controlled Donetsk on Wednesday, separatist press service DAN reported.

    "At the moment around fifteen people have been killed, these are the Donetsk People's Republic's losses," rebel military official Vladimir Kononov was quoted as telling journalists in Donetsk. The report could not be independently verified. Continue reading.

    opasnie wrote:Fighting for Marinka. Fifteen wounded soldiers from the Santa callsign (06/03/2015)

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 809
    Points : 848
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  whir on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:08 pm

    EgoR ZemtsoV wrote:The battle on the outskirts of Marinka:


    max TV wrote:Volleys in Donetsk, Petrovskiy district 03 June 15

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:08 pm

    Neutrality wrote:Jesus, take a look at the RTS index. It's going down fast. Pretty much confirming the war is on.

    I remember when RTS dipped below 800.  It is still 940.  I say it really isn't good indication.

    auslander wrote:Real time commo Gorlovka and Donetsk.

    Both cities are under intense bombardment, civilian casualties are very heavy. Commo with Gorlovka is off and on, Donetsk is steady at this time. Civilian casualties are very heavy in Donetsk, heavy enough in Gorlovka.

    Heavy fighting southwest, west and north of Donetsk, north and east of Gorlovka. Marinka has not been taken although large parts are now under NAF control according to unconfirmed reports but the reports are numerous.

    Scattered fighting along the front east of Mariupol.

    Duma in Mockba is still in session as of an hour ago, reason unknown. We have been again warned that sanctions will be increased for our city, our peninsula and RF in general.

    Look for a feint in to Transdnistria. Look for chlorine or phosgene gas to be used around Donetsk and Gorlorvka which OSCE will immediately blame on NAF.

    Rumors of the north wind blowing are, at the moment, just that, rumors.  

    If you guys even fart, EU will try to place sanctions on you guys. no need to worry anymore, sanctions are becoming a running joke. Add to that, many EU countries are getting very angry over the sanctions and they know Ukraine will provide not even close to the benefits that Russian market does. So also expect retaliation from EU businesses.

    Flagship Victory
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 974
    Points : 922
    Join date : 2015-04-28
    Location : Canada

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  Flagship Victory on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:18 pm

    Thank god Minsk 2 is finally finished. Hopefully Putin won't stop NAF counter offensive and call for Minsk 3.

    Cahaba
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 14
    Points : 14
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  Cahaba on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:19 pm

    Backing up what Lev said.

    http://rt.com/news/264545-mh17-investigators-key-witness/


    Russian Investigative Committee has identified a key witness to the MH17 crash in Ukraine’s Donetsk Region. He is Evgeny Agapov, an aviation armaments mechanic in the Ukrainian Air Force.

    The man is currently under Russian state protection.



    “As now there is new evidence of the reliability of the words of the witness, as well as various reports concerning the doubts of certain media outlets about the real existence of this witness, we decided to disclose [the name of the witness],” Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said.
    ...

    aircraft returned to the airfield with empty ammunition. To his colleagues, Voloshin said that the plane was "at the wrong time or in the wrong place,” said the Investigative Committee spokesman.

    “Our jets were flying regularly,” Agapov said in his testimony. “When one returned, the pilot, Captain Voloshin, got out of the cockpit.” He added that, as Captain Voloshin walked away with the other pilots, Agapov heard him say: “That was the wrong plane.”

    “In the evening we learned that a passenger Boeing was shot down that day,” the witness said.
    ...

    And in agreement with Kolomoisky.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrfKZUttEwE


    gregoire
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 190
    Points : 200
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 46
    Location : somewherestan

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  gregoire on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:40 pm

    Flagship Victory wrote:Thank god Minsk 2 is finally finished. Hopefully Putin won't stop NAF counter offensive and call for Minsk 3.

    It as Merkel and Hollande who called for Minsk 2, not President Putin.


    Last edited by gregoire on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added President)

    Neutrality
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 827
    Points : 845
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  Neutrality on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:47 pm

    Haha oh boy, the US State Dep. is already accusing Moscow for breaching the Minsk II ceasefire. Never change Washington.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:05 pm

    Neutrality wrote:Haha oh boy, the US State Dep. is already accusing Moscow for breaching the Minsk II ceasefire. Never change Washington.

    Of course. When the shellings were happening, not a peep from US. Russia just did a piss poor job of showcasing it to the world of Ukraine violations. So Russia does deserve this till they get their god damn heads out of their ass and start parading the information around for the world to see. Obscure videos on youtube and obscure websites that either either blogs or mostly in Russian, are not what one uses. They need to use RT and others. Which RT does a piss poor job of showing.

    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3051
    Points : 3149
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  medo on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:16 pm

    I hope counter attack will be successful and will reach Kurahovo. Than strike north till reaching Gorlovka and fully encircle Ukrainian army in Peski and Avdievka. This will be even larger encirclement than Debalcevo.

    Godric
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 391
    Points : 405
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  Godric on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:18 pm

    Neutrality wrote:Haha oh boy, the US State Dep. is already accusing Moscow for breaching the Minsk II ceasefire. Never change Washington.


    f*ck Washington the NAf should remove the gloves and head for Kharkov and Odessa and obliterate the Hahols off the face of the planet

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:43 pm

    Ukraine notified UN it recognizes the border with the Republic of Crimea

    AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Russia: 1 USA: 0

    Khepesh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1626
    Points : 1695
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  Khepesh on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:10 pm

    Ah, this will be interesting, IF it turns out true. Russia to recognize Transnistria as part of RF http://jpgazeta.ru/istochnik-v-kieve-sovfed-sobiraetsya-priznat-pridnestrove-chastyu-rossii-poroshenko-v-rasteryannosti/?utm_source=amaidan&utm_medium=vk&utm_campaign=amaidan This would be a very bold and welcome move, if it turns out....


    Last edited by Khepesh on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  flamming_python on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:13 pm

    Khepesh wrote:Ah, this will be interesting, IF it turns out true. Russia to recognize Transnistria as part of RF http://jpgazeta.ru/istochnik-v-kieve-sovfed-sobiraetsya-priznat-pridnestrove-chastyu-rossii-poroshenko-v-rasteryannosti/?utm_source=amaidan&utm_medium=vk&utm_campaign=amaidan  

    Not
    Gonna
    Happen

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3667
    Points : 3779
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:18 pm

    Neutrality wrote:Haha oh boy, the US State Dep. is already accusing Moscow for breaching the Minsk II ceasefire. Never change Washington.

    Oh yeah? Well too bad for them since Russia does not seem to be too interested in their opinion. russia

    Ukrops gambled and lost again. Did they think that they could just keep killing civilians and not pay the price?

    Time to take out the trash! attack

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 809
    Points : 848
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  whir on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:16 pm

    TASS wrote:Russian experts condemn as blackmail Ukraine’s threats to seize Russian property abroad
    June 03, 16:55 UTC+3

    MOSCOW, June 3. /TASS/. Ukraine’s statements that it is determined to seek compensation in courts for former Ukrainian property in Crimea under the threat of Russia’s property seizure abroad are blackmail designed to get economic concessions, Russian experts said on Wednesday.

    While some experts admit that Ukraine may win some lawsuits, this is unlikely to happen soon and it is hardly probable that any significant Russian properties will be seized.

    Ukraine intends to seek the seizure of Russian overseas property as "fair satisfaction" for the damage done from Crimea’s reunification with Russia, Ukrainian First Deputy Justice Minister Natalia Sevostyanova said.

    According to her, Russian overseas properties will be seized, if the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) supports Kiev’s complaints against Moscow.

    Kiev has filed two lawsuits with the ECHR against Moscow by now, she said. "So far, this is the list of 4,000 enterprises with all the assets we have lost in Crimea. As of now, we have held a preliminary loss estimate, which reaches over a trillion hryvnia ($48 billion)," the deputy justice minister said.

    Even if the ECHR sides with Ukraine, the mechanism for the enforcement of its decisions does not envisage the seizure of the debtor’s property, Russian business daily Vedomosti quoted Alexey Panich, partner in the Herbert Smith Freehills law firm, as saying. Continue reading.

    RT wrote:Drone footage: Sokol market in Donetsk after shelling (EXCLUSIVE)

    TheMedvedova wrote:Мариуполь разрывы снарядов - Mariupol shelling

    Ivan the Colorado
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 792
    Points : 826
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Colorado, USA

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  Ivan the Colorado on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:27 pm

    With all the rumors about the winds to the east picking up again doubled with what seems like a very well organized assault, it seems like this counter attack was prepared for the instance that Transnistria would be attacked. Did Russia and Novorossiya act on knowledge that such an attack on Transnistria was imminent (like going to happen within the next day or two)?

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 809
    Points : 848
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  whir on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:39 pm

    Ivan the Colorado wrote:With all the rumors about the winds to the east picking up again doubled with what seems like a very well organized assault, it seems like this counter attack was prepared for the instance that Transnistria would be attacked. Did Russia and Novorossiya act on knowledge that such an attack on Transnistria was imminent (like going to happen within the next day or two)?
    Every mayor operation has been conducted with the aim to thwart Kiev's plans, this time surely is not another coincidence.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:41 pm

    whir wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:With all the rumors about the winds to the east picking up again doubled with what seems like a very well organized assault, it seems like this counter attack was prepared for the instance that Transnistria would be attacked. Did Russia and Novorossiya act on knowledge that such an attack on Transnistria was imminent (like going to happen within the next day or two)?
    Every mayor operation has been conducted with the aim to thwart Kiev's plans, this time surely is not another coincidence.

    So you think that Russia provided intelligence for this counter attack? If so, good. And successful too.

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 809
    Points : 848
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  whir on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:52 pm

    sepheronx wrote:So you think that Russia provided intelligence for this counter attack?  If so, good.  And successful too.
    I've no proofs but it looks like a pattern.

    Ivan the Colorado
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 792
    Points : 826
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Colorado, USA

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  Ivan the Colorado on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:57 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    whir wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:With all the rumors about the winds to the east picking up again doubled with what seems like a very well organized assault, it seems like this counter attack was prepared for the instance that Transnistria would be attacked. Did Russia and Novorossiya act on knowledge that such an attack on Transnistria was imminent (like going to happen within the next day or two)?
    Every mayor operation has been conducted with the aim to thwart Kiev's plans, this time surely is not another coincidence.

    So you think that Russia provided intelligence for this counter attack?  If so, good.  And successful too.
    I think it is fair to say that there are some skilled FSB or SSO operators undercover or behind the frontlines, probably working alongside with moles. As Russia's only other methods of watching developments are through satellite and cyberspace.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3547
    Points : 3582
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:08 pm

    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    whir wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:With all the rumors about the winds to the east picking up again doubled with what seems like a very well organized assault, it seems like this counter attack was prepared for the instance that Transnistria would be attacked. Did Russia and Novorossiya act on knowledge that such an attack on Transnistria was imminent (like going to happen within the next day or two)?
    Every mayor operation has been conducted with the aim to thwart Kiev's plans, this time surely is not another coincidence.

    So you think that Russia provided intelligence for this counter attack?  If so, good.  And successful too.
    I think it is fair to say that there are some skilled FSB or SSO operators undercover or behind the frontlines, probably working alongside with moles. As Russia's only other methods of watching developments are through satellite and cyberspace.

    Huh? Most Ukrop coms are naked. There only a handful encrypted lines and most crucially individual soldiers still rely on Cell Phones. It is there where the whole, we modernized the UA army BS takes its toll. Ukraine is fighting a war with 50's era military coms and cell phones.

    BTW Kiev doesn't have the manpower to strike Pridnestorvie especially when it comes to the roughly 1000 MS Russian troops in there (2 MRB's + Helicopters). Touching MS guys, means biting the pillow.


    Sponsored content

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:51 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:51 am