Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Economy General News: #5

    Share

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3545
    Points : 3580
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:19 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Well, WTO isnt helping Russia and the sanctions is another way to drop trade even if that is considered against the rules of the WTO.

    At least the Russian automotive industry is actually surviving the sanctions and lower economic reality. As well, its slowly gaining export traction again.

    Rostselsmash and the like is doing quite well and already moved onto African market, same with Avtovaz, through Egypt (Granta being built in an Egyptian auto plant and Rostselsmash opening an assembly plant in Suez Canal SEZ).

    BSD is still on the sanctions case. BSD takes time, typically for countries to settle their scores in cynical way. However when the hammer drops time's over.

    Furthermore, Russia applied counter-bans and the BSD isn't rushing to flag them either. Russian Automotive if industry didn't died in Chaotic 90's, I don't see how it could die now.

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5627
    Points : 6280
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  Viktor on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:40 pm

    Nice thumbsup

    Russia will supply North Korea in exchange for coal iron

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5627
    Points : 6280
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  Viktor on Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:19 pm

    Nice thumbsup

    Putin gave orders 11 Small Business Development

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  TR1 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:54 pm

    Viktor wrote:Nice  thumbsup

    Putin gave orders 11 Small Business Development

    Dictating small business from the top of the Kremlin.


    Hehehehe.


    macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1086
    Points : 1121
    Join date : 2013-04-28
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  macedonian on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:16 pm

    TR1 wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Nice  thumbsup

    Putin gave orders 11 Small Business Development

    Dictating small business from the top of the Kremlin.


    Hehehehe.


    For once we agree (hey I'm as surprised as you are).
    Hoping to change things like these with a decree is akin to changing someone's personal appearance with a thought.
    The whole culture needs to change. And that takes time...the sore point for SME's is corruption. And corruption doesn't just disappear over night.
    Takes a lot of time and effort. But every journey begins with a single step, so I'm glad someone addresses this. It'll be an uphill journey this though.

    I still don't care much for your eloquent
    TR1 wrote:Hehehehe.
    , and your mythical one-liners though...so don't get your hopes up.

    Laughing

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3545
    Points : 3580
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    The status of Russian Economy and its perceived Oil dependency #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:47 pm

    macedonian wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Nice  thumbsup


    Dictating small business from the top of the Kremlin.


    Hehehehe.


    For once we agree (hey I'm as surprised as you are).
    Hoping to change things like these with a decree is akin to changing someone's personal appearance with a thought.
    The whole culture needs to change. And that takes time...the sore point for SME's is corruption. And corruption doesn't just disappear over night.
    Takes a lot of time and effort. But every journey begins with a single step, so I'm glad someone addresses this. It'll be an uphill journey this though.

    I still don't care much for your eloquent
    TR1 wrote:Hehehehe.
    , and your mythical one-liners though...so don't get your hopes up.

    Laughing

    Well I don't want to piss against the wind, but that's what China did with the solar Panels hoopla. Order was given to corner and kill the market and de facto the Photovoltaic market became the Yellow River.

    If there's a will there's a way. And I agree it does look a bit pompous. But hey Obomba declaring the 2020 green zero-carb emission horizon...with a booming shale oil sector.

    Tis a race to the bottom it seems.

    -------

    http://www.russiadefence.net/viewtopic.forum?t=4623

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15439
    Points : 16146
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    The status of Russian Economy and its perceived Oil dependency #7

    Post  GarryB on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:02 am

    Dictating small business from the top of the Kremlin.

    So after whining that small business and middle class in Russia is neglected now they show some attention and support and still you btch... no pleasing some is there....  Razz  Smile


    Reminds me of an Australian joke... a young boy falls into the lions cage at the zoo and a young man leaps into the cage and smacks the lion on the nose scaring it long enough to save the boy... the Newspapers have the story on their front pages... Bronzed Aussie Hero Saves Boy in Zoo mishap.

    The young hero contacts the paper and tells them he is an English tourist and the paper prints a correction.... Pommy Bstard attacks harmless childs pet at zoo.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:15 pm

    Besides #7 on that list, which I am not sure what it is about, the rest sound like ground rules of government taking a few steps back in terms of regulations on small companies, which is a good thing for small companies. Number 7 gives the impression state will step in to provide assistance to the company, but that sounds far too burdonsome on the state, and may mean resources would be available in terms of gaining assistance in budgeting. My fav part is the separate bank/credit union to be set up specifically for small businesses. This is a huge step as it may become a lot easier to obtain credit to setup a business.

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5627
    Points : 6280
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  Viktor on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:51 pm

    Nice thumbsup

    JV: the Reserve Fund and the National Welfare Fund - 8.8 trillion rubles

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3545
    Points : 3580
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:49 pm

    BTW guize Brent is at 67 USD (with a dollar 20% stronger than a year ago). Russian budget calculated on USD 50 basis and 10% lower USD.

    As one Russian poster said it on MP.net...L.O.L. Sanctions.


    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5627
    Points : 6280
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  Viktor on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:02 pm

    Marching toward victory thumbsup

    Russian upper house ratifies BRICS $100bn currency pool

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  max steel on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:35 pm

    Yuan broked into top 5 most used currencies about a month ago . yuan rose quite quickly but still Euro , Dollar , Pound and Yen are ahead of it . But Yuan will beat Yean by 2020 .

    Reporting quite late Smile

    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1504
    Points : 1667
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  TheArmenian on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:56 pm

    Central Bank lowers key interest rate to boost economy:

    http://tass.ru/en/economy/792714


    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2500
    Points : 2633
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  kvs on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:18 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:Central Bank lowers key interest rate to boost economy:

    http://tass.ru/en/economy/792714


    That's way too timid a move. It should have gone down back to 10.5%. There is no chance for any inflation surge.
    The way that the inflation shock dissipated by March is rather shocking. It indicates that there is no actual basis
    for inflation growth in the Russian economy. If there was it would be self-amplifying and propagating into next
    year instead of being totally evanescent. The CBR interest rate policy cannot claim credit. In no other country
    has playing with the interest rates resulted in inflation spikes disappearing in a matter of weeks if inflation growth
    conditions existed in the economy.

    The monetarist brain rot still afflicts Russian government finance thinking.

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  Cyberspec on Fri May 01, 2015 5:49 am

    kvs wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:Central Bank lowers key interest rate to boost economy:

    http://tass.ru/en/economy/792714


    That's way too timid a move.  It should have gone down back to 10.5%.  There is no chance for any inflation surge.  
    The way that the inflation shock dissipated by March is rather shocking.   It indicates that there is no actual basis
    for inflation growth in the Russian economy.  If there was it would be self-amplifying and propagating into next
    year instead of being totally evanescent.    The CBR interest rate policy cannot claim credit.   In no other country
    has playing with the interest rates resulted in inflation spikes disappearing in a matter of weeks if inflation growth
    conditions existed in the economy.  

    The monetarist brain rot still afflicts Russian government finance thinking.  

    The 17% interest rate did it's job at stopping the speculators in their tracks and stabilised the ruble. I doubt whether that could've been achieved without it. Maybe they didn't have to raise them that much....but that's a moot point now

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2500
    Points : 2633
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  kvs on Fri May 01, 2015 12:11 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:Central Bank lowers key interest rate to boost economy:

    http://tass.ru/en/economy/792714


    That's way too timid a move.  It should have gone down back to 10.5%.  There is no chance for any inflation surge.  
    The way that the inflation shock dissipated by March is rather shocking.   It indicates that there is no actual basis
    for inflation growth in the Russian economy.  If there was it would be self-amplifying and propagating into next
    year instead of being totally evanescent.    The CBR interest rate policy cannot claim credit.   In no other country
    has playing with the interest rates resulted in inflation spikes disappearing in a matter of weeks if inflation growth
    conditions existed in the economy.  

    The monetarist brain rot still afflicts Russian government finance thinking.  

    The 17% interest rate did it's job at stopping the speculators in their tracks and stabilised the ruble. I doubt whether that could've been achieved without it. Maybe they didn't have to raise them that much....but that's a moot point now

    Actually what stopped the speculators was that the CBR fully floated the ruble. Once no intervention in the form of money was
    forthcoming from the CBR, the speculators lost interest. The magic of the invisible hand of the free market at work Laughing

    But the 17% interbank overnight rate hike did dampen Russian bank hysteria. More then half the problem is the paranoia
    of the domestic financial industry and Russian consumers. The foreign speculators, e.g. Soros, are the catalyst. This
    paranoia is what Washington was banking on. The CBR did do a good job in quashing it.

    One of the key differences this time around was that transferring rubles into dollars became much harder for the Russian
    public. So the reflex hoarding of dollars and dumping of rubles was stymied.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  sepheronx on Fri May 01, 2015 12:59 pm

    kvs wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:Central Bank lowers key interest rate to boost economy:

    http://tass.ru/en/economy/792714


    That's way too timid a move.  It should have gone down back to 10.5%.  There is no chance for any inflation surge.  
    The way that the inflation shock dissipated by March is rather shocking.   It indicates that there is no actual basis
    for inflation growth in the Russian economy.  If there was it would be self-amplifying and propagating into next
    year instead of being totally evanescent.    The CBR interest rate policy cannot claim credit.   In no other country
    has playing with the interest rates resulted in inflation spikes disappearing in a matter of weeks if inflation growth
    conditions existed in the economy.  

    The monetarist brain rot still afflicts Russian government finance thinking.  

    The 17% interest rate did it's job at stopping the speculators in their tracks and stabilised the ruble. I doubt whether that could've been achieved without it. Maybe they didn't have to raise them that much....but that's a moot point now

    Actually what stopped the speculators was that the CBR fully floated the ruble.   Once no intervention in the form of money was
    forthcoming from the CBR, the speculators lost interest.   The magic of the invisible hand of the free market at work Laughing

    But the 17% interbank overnight rate hike did dampen Russian bank hysteria.   More then half the problem is the paranoia
    of the domestic financial industry and Russian consumers.   The foreign speculators, e.g. Soros, are the catalyst.   This
    paranoia is what Washington was banking on.   The CBR did do a good job in quashing it.

    One of the key differences this time around was that transferring rubles into dollars became much harder for the Russian
    public.  So the reflex hoarding of dollars and dumping of rubles was stymied.    

    I personally think that the whole point why they are "slowly" reducing interest rates rather than just dumping interest rates is a couple of things: have the ability to reduce it later when the ruble strengthens again so that they can keep the Ruble floating at around 50/USD and that they are afraid of sudden shocks of reducing it too much, so they rather just gradually drop it to prevent shocks.

    On that same note, housing development has apparently slowed but this year will be higher than the second biggest boom in Russia's history - 1986, to 76 million square meters of living space, last year, hitting to over 80 million square meters. Most development is also in lower cost housings and a growing number of single family homes, but apartments still being most popular.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2500
    Points : 2633
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  kvs on Fri May 01, 2015 5:04 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:Central Bank lowers key interest rate to boost economy:

    http://tass.ru/en/economy/792714


    That's way too timid a move.  It should have gone down back to 10.5%.  There is no chance for any inflation surge.  
    The way that the inflation shock dissipated by March is rather shocking.   It indicates that there is no actual basis
    for inflation growth in the Russian economy.  If there was it would be self-amplifying and propagating into next
    year instead of being totally evanescent.    The CBR interest rate policy cannot claim credit.   In no other country
    has playing with the interest rates resulted in inflation spikes disappearing in a matter of weeks if inflation growth
    conditions existed in the economy.  

    The monetarist brain rot still afflicts Russian government finance thinking.  

    The 17% interest rate did it's job at stopping the speculators in their tracks and stabilised the ruble. I doubt whether that could've been achieved without it. Maybe they didn't have to raise them that much....but that's a moot point now

    Actually what stopped the speculators was that the CBR fully floated the ruble.   Once no intervention in the form of money was
    forthcoming from the CBR, the speculators lost interest.   The magic of the invisible hand of the free market at work Laughing

    But the 17% interbank overnight rate hike did dampen Russian bank hysteria.   More then half the problem is the paranoia
    of the domestic financial industry and Russian consumers.   The foreign speculators, e.g. Soros, are the catalyst.   This
    paranoia is what Washington was banking on.   The CBR did do a good job in quashing it.

    One of the key differences this time around was that transferring rubles into dollars became much harder for the Russian
    public.  So the reflex hoarding of dollars and dumping of rubles was stymied.    

    I personally think that the whole point why they are "slowly" reducing interest rates rather than just dumping interest rates is a couple of things: have the ability to reduce it later when the ruble strengthens again so that they can keep the Ruble floating at around 50/USD and that they are afraid of sudden shocks of reducing it too much, so they rather just gradually drop it to prevent shocks.

    On that same note, housing development has apparently slowed but this year will be higher than the second biggest boom in Russia's history - 1986, to 76 million square meters of living space, last year, hitting to over 80 million square meters.  Most development is also in lower cost housings and a growing number of single family homes, but apartments still being most popular.

    The housing development indicates that Russia's economy is solid. But my point is that a tight-assed interest rate policy
    produces an opportunity cost for Russia. Russian startup companies and existing ones need access to liquidity to
    capitalize on the import substitution opportunities. The CBR needs to drop the long term lending rate from 8.5% to
    5% and reduce the interbank rate to under 10%. I just do not see any inflationary shock from interest rate reductions.
    Basically, show me the money. Where is there evidence of any such shock. Look how quickly the massive ruble
    devaluation induced inflationary shock has dissipated. As I wrote above, if the Russian economy was in an inflationary
    mode, this simply would not have happened. To would have been self-propagating and jacking up the interbank rate
    to 17% would not stop it.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2500
    Points : 2633
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  kvs on Tue May 05, 2015 11:26 am

    http://expert.ru/2015/04/29/oshibka-doktora-kudrina/

    Nice article in Russian putting Kudrin's monetarist BS into place.

    Here are my comments not taken from the article:

    Kudrin believes that increase in the money supply leads to inflation.   Kudrin is an idiot or malicious.   The inflationary
    pressure would only be true if the economy was equilibrated and the rate of money supply growth was excessive.  There
    is no indication of either in the case of Russia.

    During the 2000s, Russia saw annual money supply growth of about 50% but the inflation was under 15%.   This is what
    one would expect under conditions of economic growth and transition from command economy voucher prices to market
    prices.   The money supply has to grow to reflect the demand for money.    The Harvard Boys (Jeffrey Sachs et al.) and
    their sycophants like Kudrin claim that the economy can grow without a money supply increase.   They are peddling
    nonsense, since a static money supply under economic growth would imply negative price increases, i.e. deflation.   In
    the case of Russia it would have been as if the old Soviet prices would be the new market prices.    Maybe such states
    are accessible to academic theorists, but not in the real world.   Prices in Russia shot up close to western ones for food and
    consumer goods.   There is no way that the demand for money would be small.

    Some nice graphics from the article:



    (red line: monetary base, blue line: M2 and green line: inflation)

    Note the "paradoxical" year of 2008 when inflation spiked even though there was almost zero money supply growth.



    Oh my, look at that correlation between money supply growth (inflation adjusted) and GDP growth.

    Kudrin should wrap his dear little head around the reason why prices behave as if there is a single global market.   Instead,
    he dishes out BS advice that has no relevance to economics on this planet.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3545
    Points : 3580
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue May 05, 2015 11:56 am

    kvs wrote:http://expert.ru/2015/04/29/oshibka-doktora-kudrina/

    Nice article in Russian putting Kudrin's monetarist BS into place.

    Here are my comments not taken from the article:

    Kudrin believes that increase in the money supply leads to inflation.   Kudrin is an idiot or malicious.   The inflationary
    pressure would only be true if the economy was equilibrated and the rate of money supply growth was excessive.  There
    is no indication of either in the case of Russia.

    During the 2000s, Russia saw annual money supply growth of about 50% but the inflation was under 15%.   This is what
    one would expect under conditions of economic growth and transition from command economy voucher prices to market
    prices.   The money supply has to grow to reflect the demand for money.    The Harvard Boys (Jeffrey Sachs et al.) and
    their sycophants like Kudrin claim that the economy can grow without a money supply increase.   They are peddling
    nonsense, since a static money supply under economic growth would imply negative price increases, i.e. deflation.   In
    the case of Russia it would have been as if the old Soviet prices would be the new market prices.    Maybe such states
    are accessible to academic theorists, but not in the real world.   Prices in Russia shot up close to western ones for food and
    consumer goods.   There is no way that the demand for money would be small.

    Kudrin should wrap his dear little head around the reason why prices behave as if there is a single global market.   Instead,
    he dishes out BS advice that has no relevance to economics on this planet.

    Furthermore with a fongible economy like the RUssian one, IE where people use cash massively, restricting cash supply will simply have a two folds consequence. A first spiral of inflation, money will have to circulate faster and each flight in cash becomes a small disaster, opening the door to specualtion, then a deflationist burst, because low supply of cash means practically that most transactions would be virtual, therefore directly playing with the availability of the physical notes. IE, if there isn't physically enough cash, all checks, non-cash payments don't have the real basis to be honored and in case of withdrawal, we'd have a crash. For illustration look at Cyprus circa 2009.

    The monetarist approach however facilitates another kind of phenomenon, ghost debts. Companies, declare debts while keeping cash "just in case". This is omnious in Russian business.And this is also why the Economy in Russia didn't suffered that much last year. Much of the "debt to repay" was self cycled. But this works only for short laps of time. For instance, this year you cannot underwrite more ghost debt, since the company will effectively incur losses, notably because of low ruble and "sanctions". Therefore, this kind of thievery is typical of Kudrin's kind.


    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  sepheronx on Wed May 06, 2015 12:22 am

    http://sputniknews.com/business/20150506/1021755279.html

    Load of crap really. Russia's exports are doing quite well and are ever growing in demand for local produced goods and their end goods now reaching more nations than it did before. That is why their economy will grow, not because of oil which accounts for 18% of GDP. So called specialists.... I wonder where they all went to school to get their diplomas from.

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2126
    Points : 2241
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  higurashihougi on Wed May 06, 2015 4:11 am

    sepheronx wrote:http://sputniknews.com/business/20150506/1021755279.html

    Load of crap really.  Russia's exports are doing quite well and are ever growing in demand for local produced goods and their end goods now reaching more nations than it did before.  That is why their economy will grow, not because of oil which accounts for 18% of GDP.  So called specialists....  I wonder where they all went to school to get their diplomas from.

    Actually Russian economy expects a stagnation or slight decline in this year. Not because of the sanction, but because Russia's major client, the Western countries, is suffering economic crisis.

    As the West is suffering difficulties, its consumption drastically decrease and that cause negative impact on Russian enterprises who are doing bussiness with the West. You already know that actually the Western world import quite a lot of products from Russia, including high-tech ones.

    So Moskva need a period of time to re-balance its own manufacture enterprises and seek for new potential clients, like China. During that period an economical shrinkage is expected.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3545
    Points : 3580
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed May 06, 2015 5:18 am

    sepheronx wrote:http://sputniknews.com/business/20150506/1021755279.html

    Load of crap really.  Russia's exports are doing quite well and are ever growing in demand for local produced goods and their end goods now reaching more nations than it did before.  That is why their economy will grow, not because of oil which accounts for 18% of GDP.  So called specialists....  I wonder where they all went to school to get their diplomas from.

    We have to see where the oil price will go. If it hovers at 75 USD by the end of June, we might not see that 3% contraction. Rather a 1.5%. Ceteris Paribus at 75 USD/bbl the oil doesn't handicap Russian budget too much, nor does it start going Las Vegas.

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2126
    Points : 2241
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  higurashihougi on Wed May 06, 2015 6:56 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:We have to see where the oil price will go. If it hovers at 75 USD by the end of June, we might not see that 3% contraction. Rather a 1.5%. Ceteris Paribus at 75 USD/bbl the oil doesn't handicap Russian budget too much, nor does it start going Las Vegas.

    As far as I know, if you convert the oil price from dollar to rub, you will see the price in rub is quite stable, about 3000-4000 rub.

    That means, Russia ties the oil price to rub. The oil price in dollar up and down because the ratio between USD and rub goes up and down. In dollar, oil price goes up and down, but in rub oil price is quite stable.

    At the end of the day, Moskva is holding the grip of the sword, while White House is holding the blade.

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3221
    Points : 3345
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  Vann7 on Wed May 06, 2015 9:07 am

    Buahahaha.. the RUble is now at 49.8 per dollar  Smile

    http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/USDRUB:CUR


    Just 2 days ago Anti Russian trolls were claiming Ruble will only get worse when it was a 52..
    But Oil prices keeps going up..and Russia Ruble performance increase// i think a sweet price
    could be 45 to 48 ?

    for comparisons before the ukraine conflict coup..by january 2014 before sanctions and oil decline ,Ruble was trading at ~35 per dollar. if the Oil prices climb to $70 , the Ruble without a doubt will be trading for 45 ,or bit less.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:56 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm