Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #2

dino00
    dino00

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #2

Post  dino00 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:11 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:Looks like Kurganets is a done deal, and has already surpassed MOD's expectations:

Tests of the combat platform "Boomerang" confirmed the inherent characteristics

2 posts above yours...it's Boomerang man Very Happy what are you thinking Sleep thumbsup
    hoom

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #2

Post  hoom on Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:06 am

Hmm, I thought they were getting proper production Kurganets this year?
    Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #2 - Page 23 Rehearsal17April2019-0042-X3
    This still has the engine grille where the driver is supposed to be like the previous ones.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:10 am

dino00 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:Looks like Kurganets is a done deal, and has already surpassed MOD's expectations:

Tests of the combat platform "Boomerang" confirmed the inherent characteristics

2 posts above yours...it's Boomerang man Very Happy  what are you thinking Sleep thumbsup
    I meant Boomerang lol.... Embarassed
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:41 am

State tests of the newest K-16 “Boomerang” armored vehicle start in July 2019

https://tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content/2019625853-HeQB7.html
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:13 pm

So Boomerangs are Ks, Kurganets are Bs, and Armatas are Ts...

This will get confusing unless they standardise the numbers... we know the Armata tank and IFVs are called T-14 and T-15 respectively but will they hold that to all the vehicle families?

Will the Kurganets tank be B-14 and IFV B-15, and will the Boomerang tank be K-14 and the IFV K-15?

What we need is a vehicle list for a standard Russian division... well both a tank division and a motorised infantry division... and then we could map out all the likely vehicle model types they will need...
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:24 am

The price of the newest armored personnel carrier on the Boomerang platform will be reduced at least three times

Alexander Krasovitsky, general director of the Military Industrial Company, said that if the cost of the armored personnel carrier is reduced, the Boomerang chassis will have "good export potential"

MOSCOW, July 19. / Tass /. The cost of a promising armored personnel carrier on the Boomerang platform will be reduced at least three times due to the replacement of components with an overestimated market price. This TASS told Alexander Krasovitsky, general director of the "Military-Industrial Company" (MIC), where they produce armored personnel carriers.

"I think, to divide into three [the present value] is the minimum that we will do," said Krasovitsky. “We did the analysis, looked at what was inside Boomerang, why it was expensive and horrified. All the work was given 10 years ago to firms that were monopolists, who overestimated the value of everything that was five or six times. "

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/6680432
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:05 pm

dino00 wrote:The price of the newest armored personnel carrier on the Boomerang platform will be reduced at least three times

Alexander Krasovitsky, general director of the Military Industrial Company, said that if the cost of the armored personnel carrier is reduced, the Boomerang chassis will have "good export potential"

MOSCOW, July 19. / Tass /. The cost of a promising armored personnel carrier on the Boomerang platform will be reduced at least three times due to the replacement of components with an overestimated market price. This TASS told Alexander Krasovitsky, general director of the "Military-Industrial Company" (MIC), where they produce armored personnel carriers.

"I think, to divide into three [the present value] is the minimum that we will do," said Krasovitsky. “We did the analysis, looked at what was inside Boomerang, why it was expensive and horrified. All the work was given 10 years ago to firms that were monopolists, who overestimated the value of everything that was five or six times. "

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/6680432

If only the U.S. govt had the cojones to do this... angel ...We wouldn't have the newest Seahawk Helicopters pushing over a $100 million a piece.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:20 pm

Took them 5 years just to take a look even though they couldn't stop whining about the price?

Gotta love expediency here...
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:56 am

As long as they get the right price when they start putting them into service it doesn't matter when they choose to bring this up...

The F-35 has had 300 produced and while everyone is talking about problems nothing seems to be getting done about them... everyone seems to be passing the buck.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos on Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:33 pm

“We did the analysis, looked at what was inside Boomerang, why it was expensive and horrified. All the work was given 10 years ago to firms that were monopolists, who overestimated the value of everything that was five or six times. "

That sounds like marketing team is trying to do the work of the engineers ... they may end up with just a new btr-82 but still more expensive than btr-82 even if the price is reduced.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:12 am

Well no, if you take it at face value, what they are saying is that the contents of the vehicle were Apple products, but now they have converted them to IBM compatible and the price has dropped dramatically...

Which makes a lot of sense to me.

Contracts worked out 10 years ago on USB memory sticks today would look like a real joke in terms of cost and performance... ten years ago you couldn't get 2GB memory sticks... in fact here in NZ I got a USB radio music player thing for about $300 that had 128MB of memory space... my fellow workers were so jealous because USB memory sticks didn't really exist then either so I could fit the equivalent of 100s of floppy disks work of information on a small portable device that I could also store and play music on, and it was very very small... it wasn't that long afterwards that 2GB and 4GB models appeared and the price dropped to about $20 each and my device was not impressive at all... and that is probably what the makers of the equipment for the vehicle are feeling now trying to charge $300 dollars for a 128MB memory device... I just bought four 32GB USB memory sticks for $40.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:07 am