Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+23
miketheterrible
Tsavo Lion
tdobai
Regular
sweartome123
Dforce
George1
collegeboy16
Radium
AirCargo
magnumcromagnon
franco
kvs
GarryB
PapaDragon
sepheronx
flamming_python
Vann7
Neutrality
max steel
KoTeMoRe
Werewolf
Cyberspec
27 posters

Alleged Russian Soldiers-Οperatives In Ukraine

AirCargo
    AirCargo

Alleged Russian Soldiers-Οperatives In Ukraine - Page 4 Empty Russian Soldiers Killed In Ukraine

Post  AirCargo Wed May 27, 2015 6:04 am

Confirmed: Russian Spetsnaz serviceman sighted in Luhansk

https://medium.com/@ReggaeMortis1/confirmed-russian-spetsnaz-serviceman-sighted-in-luhansk-bba5dee7047b
    GarryB
    GarryB

Alleged Russian Soldiers-Οperatives In Ukraine - Page 4 Empty Re: Alleged Russian Soldiers-Οperatives In Ukraine

Post  GarryB Wed May 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Confirmed by whom?

And how can you tell someone is spetsnaz on sight... unless they are holding a big banner saying they are Russian Spetsnaz how could someone tell from a sighting?

I looked at the link and got bored... too many photos with red circles around trees and buildings and google earth photos, but no evidence what so ever that the people in the photos were Russian or that they were Spetsnaz.

5 minutes of my life I will never get back... thanks for that...  Razz
    max steel
    max steel

Alleged Russian Soldiers-Οperatives In Ukraine - Page 4 Empty Re: Alleged Russian Soldiers-Οperatives In Ukraine

Post  max steel Wed May 27, 2015 1:15 pm

Murikan propaganda at its peak and at its worst .
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed May 27, 2015 1:22 pm

GarryB wrote:

Confirmed by whom?

And how can you tell someone is spetsnaz on sight... unless they are holding a big banner saying they are Russian Spetsnaz how could someone tell from a sighting?

I looked at the link and got bored... too many photos with red circles around trees and buildings and google earth photos, but no evidence what so ever that the people in the photos were Russian or that they were Spetsnaz.

5 minutes of my life I will never get back... thanks for that...  Razz
    They are correct here is actual PROOF of russian invasion, hundreds of tank divisions crossing on ukraine.

AirCargo
    AirCargo

Alleged Russian Soldiers-Οperatives In Ukraine - Page 4 Empty Russian Soldiers Killed In Ukraine

Post  AirCargo Fri May 29, 2015 8:13 am

Putin classifies Russian soldiers' deaths while denying Ukraine buildup]

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2015/0528/Putin-classifies-Russian-soldiers-deaths-while-denying-Ukraine-buildup
    Radium
    Radium

Post  Radium Fri May 29, 2015 5:18 pm

AirCargo wrote:Putin classifies Russian soldiers' deaths while denying Ukraine buildup]

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2015/0528/Putin-classifies-Russian-soldiers-deaths-while-denying-Ukraine-buildup

Mister, for linking horseshit like The Christian Science Monitor here, you deserve to get shot.

A website all crafted by people like John McCain might be considered a serious waste of time in other parts of the world. Ya dig?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri May 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Uhhh that is a no go Christian and Science... coming from the US that is tripple no go. I thought there are no superlatives of no goes...
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Fri May 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Werewolf wrote:Uhhh that is a no go Christian and Science... coming from the US that is tripple no go. I thought there are no superlatives of no goes...
    its a triple birmingham. Razz
    AirCargo
    AirCargo

Post  AirCargo Fri May 29, 2015 9:17 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Uhhh that is a no go Christian and Science... coming from the US that is tripple no go. I thought there are no superlatives of no goes...

http://tass.ru/en/russia/797224
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat May 30, 2015 11:51 am

Hahahaha...  when was the last time the US released details of CIA losses in countries it is not at war with?

And that christian science BS is the lowest of the low... form an organisation called the petfood science organisation that is fully funded by the kangaroo pest control company and all of a sudden they will have scientific evidence that kangaroo meat is much better for your pet than any other type of meat...

If you believe that then you must have a LOT of faith... Razz
    AirCargo
    AirCargo

Post  AirCargo Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:02 am

Cargo200.org Project

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fcargo200.org%2F
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:56 pm

Newspaper "Kommmersant" about the alleged Russian generals in DPR and LPR

Post  Guest Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:29 am

George1 wrote:Newspaper "Kommmersant" about the alleged Russian generals in DPR and LPR
    Remember back in the early days of the rebellion Strelkov was the only good commander? The ides that Russian generals are running around Donbass for any other reason than representing Russia in the OSCE is laughable. The idea of much lower ranked Spetsnaz operators in the NAF command is not as silly. Ever since the north wind began to blow, the NAF has been able to pull a victory out of almost every encounter with the Ukrops save Shirokino (but who really knows why the NAF decided to leave altogether there).
    Dforce

Alleged Russian Soldiers-Οperatives In Ukraine - Page 4 Empty The two (ex?)-GRU operatives captured in Ukraine and Forum rule 8, what is your take?

Post  Dforce Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:43 am

Since FP said I could post here as long as I abide by the rules I would like to discuss the captured two Russian citizens that claim to be Russian GRU. What is your take on this, do you belive they are? And is  it a breech of rule 8 to pretend they are not, is that disrespect for Russian forces?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 am

Dforce wrote:Since FP said I could post here as long as I abide by the rules I would like to discuss the captured two Russian citizens that claim to be Russian GRU. What is your take on this, do you belive they are? And is  it a breech of rule 8 to pretend they are not, is that disrespect for Russian forces?

Dang dat trolling maing, you should learn to be more subtle, it ain't the prairie field here like back in TheMess or feu MP.net. The idea is this, they WERE part of GRU, then they weren't. Now they're captured enemy combatants. And that's it.

Post  Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:47 am

Dforce wrote:Since FP said I could post here as long as I abide by the rules I would like to discuss the captured two Russian citizens that claim to be Russian GRU. What is your take on this, do you belive they are? And is  it a breech of rule 8 to pretend they are not, is that disrespect for Russian forces?
    They were GRU operatives before and not anymore (confirmed by the GRU themselves). This isn't the 20th century, the GRU has more effective and sophisticated methods of gathering intel or sabotage. Safe to conclude that the Ukrop forces have been infiltrated by the covert operators and the Ukrop ranks are filled with rats. UAVs (which the NAF uses a lot as you well know) can conduct tactical recon far safer and easier than boots on the ground can. There is no real need for GRU operators to be running behind enemy lines.

I am all for giving you a chance Dforce and I still am. Please don't make me look like the stupid one. But some people might take this as what we called on mp.net "flamebaiting."
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:11 pm

Since FP said I could post here as long as I abide by the rules I would like to discuss the captured two Russian citizens that claim to be Russian GRU. What is your take on this, do you belive they are? And is  it a breech of rule 8 to pretend they are not, is that disrespect for Russian forces?

I have met plenty of guys who claim to be vietnam vets, or special forces... mostly find them in bars trying to impress women and young men.

Not really sure what you think that means but I just find it a bit sad.

BTW there are plenty of Russian citizens in the Ukraine... and considering they have had conscription for some time you have to expect the vast majority of the male population to have some military experience... but that doesn't mean anything.

There is fairly clear evidence that Russian special forces helped keep the peace in the Crimea and allowed a safe and peaceful referendum to take place... something the Ukrainian illegal coup nazis would have disrupted if they had been able to.

If Russian forces were directly involved in the civil war in the Ukraine I would expect Kiev would have been surrounded and sacked months ago.

BTW if FP said it was OK for you to post here then I will let you....  Twisted Evil ...you don't have to even like Russia to post here, we are open to differing opinions, however be respectful of other members and keep it civil, and I expect others to treat you with the same respect.

It is ironic that some pro kiev people will point to individual examples of a particular type of tank or one or two people captured that are described as Russian citizens at a time when the US openly arms and trains Kiev government forces... and more importantly that those government forces seem to constantly shell civilian areas in violation of agreements yet it is the capture of people claiming to be Russians that is shown in the western media...
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:56 am

KoTeMoRe wrote: The idea is this, they WERE part of GRU, then they weren't. Now they're captured enemy combatants. And that's it.

So you are saying they were let off when they were captured?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:07 am

Dforce wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote: The idea is this, they WERE part of GRU, then they weren't. Now they're captured enemy combatants. And that's it.

So you are saying they were let off when they were captured?

According to their own recollection they say that there are NO Russian troops in Ukraine. And they weren't found with tags or military ID's, were they? So it would coincide with the fact they weren't Russian soldiers the moment they entered Ukraine territory and the moment they decided to engage in paramilitary activities...

So try harder, the trolling is not enough subtle.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:25 pm

There is little to discuss; either they were GRU or they weren't and we don't know either way.

I'm inclined to believe that they weren't; unless the GRU uses 2-man teams - because otherwise the rest of the squad won't leave them behind.

It's not a breach of rule 8 to discuss it. Discussing alledged Russian covert-ops outside its borders is not the same as abusing/disrespecting russiadefence.net staff or the forum itself.
    sweartome123

Post  sweartome123 Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:49 am

deleted

Last edited by sweartome123 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:42 am

Yep, and knowing that Russia was fighting with their both hands tied it's pretty amazing. Small unit tactics seem to be trumping over Ukrainian superior firepower and numbers.
    And the way Russia is using vacationers makes me wonder what are these men? They eventually end up not in an active service if they are caught, they are being rotated often, they are said to be earning quite a fortune there, they fight in small units and are independent. All of this are hearsays, but it's enough to make Ukrainians brown their pants.
    Maybe they are part of some PMC as there were talks about creating one not long ago. I doubt Russia would be sending active personel into war. Now if they sign a contract for PMC, it means they assessed the risks and being discreet is in their interest. Well just dont mind vk.com pictures;)

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:01 am

sweartome123 wrote:It should be common knowledge by now that Russia is a participant in this war. It doesn't take much to find photos, stories (non-MSM), and information that points to Russian involvement. That being said, their performance against the Ukrainians has been quite good. Looking at the estimated casualties, Russia has lost only a couple hundred men since August of last year while the Ukrainians have lost well over 4,000 troops (military/volunteer battalions) since the start of the conflict. Russia has probably inflicted 75% of Ukraine's casualties given that Russian troops played a large part in the major Ukrainian defeats at Ilovaisk and Debaltseve, in which we all know thousands of Ukrainian troops were killed. This is just my opinion, but I'm basing it on my own research, not the "Russia invades Ukraine with 20,000,000 Ukrainian baby killer super soldiers" bullshit.
    Russia could not hide a couple hundred in loses. Field hospitals could not handle that and it would be extremely difficult to keep everybody quiet. It be very hard to cover up that many WIAs let alone KIAs nowadays with social media and everything, Western MSM keeps trying to do just that while making some impressive logical leaps along the way. Russia sent in a small amount of troops to begin with and they lost very few men. Their ability to inflict such devastating losses comes from their vastly superior technology, training, and their uniformity. A modern army well versed in conventional warfare would have little trouble bulldozing the Ukrops at Ilovaisk, only ones really capable of that is Russia and the US, most other modern armies are too focused on asymmetric warfare.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:01 pm

Oh no... the western media has to say a million times that Russian military forces are in the eastern ukraine before it becomes true... don't you know anything about propaganda?

The real amusing thing is that the so called peace agreement said no foreign troops... the US has troops there training the illegal government forces, yet no one complains about that.

Perhaps Russia should demand all EU military forces withdraw from the Ukraine or they will send in their own troops... Razz
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:41 pm

sweartome123 wrote:It should be common knowledge by now that Russia is a participant in this war. It doesn't take much to find photos, stories (non-MSM), and information that points to Russian involvement. That being said, their performance against the Ukrainians has been quite good. Looking at the estimated casualties, Russia has lost only a couple hundred men since August of last year while the Ukrainians have lost well over 4,000 troops (military/volunteer battalions) since the start of the conflict. Russia has probably inflicted 75% of Ukraine's casualties given that Russian troops played a large part in the major Ukrainian defeats at Ilovaisk and Debaltseve, in which we all know thousands of Ukrainian troops were killed. This is just my opinion, but I'm basing it on my own research, not the "Russia invades Ukraine with 20,000,000 Ukrainian baby killer super soldiers" bullshit.

We don't know the Ukrainian losses.
    We don't know the Russian losses.

This debate is worth a speculaton or two, but casulaty ratio is way too clouded. I too thought the performance of actual Russian troops has been outstanding? However, the reality is also that beyond the political will, the log train is severly hampered (this is a political choice, but could be partly related to the fact that Russia is trying to find its oldest stocks regarding SOME ammunition, especially Rockets and ATGM). And then they used Kornets like they were ice cream back in August.

However, I'd say that Russian input has only been so limited that on itself it has helped tip tactical situations, that were badly woven by the UA leadership. For instance the cauldrons were mostly created because of a very poor logistic route from UA, they were trying to bypass hard points, as fast as possible as to try and seal the border, that meant that instead of really blocking the NAF on its tracks, they tried to exploit and divide Luhansk from Donetsk. From there on, the logic is simple, when you have left very few people to defend your flanks, or outright let that to paramilitary organizations, you are going to get Bear Love. Once you get stopped at Illovaisk (by Militia), your position is known and the area can be treated accordingly. We all know the results of the first push for Illovaisk. Caught in the open, UA troops were minced. The Izvarino battle same stupid idea of trying to hold on corridors when there's no one to get through them.

What is really amazing is the fact that Russian military leadership has done some homework. That's what gets these fight ugly. The difference in leadership is right now abysmal.

Add to that preparation, Ukrainians still ignore clear lign of sight. Look at most their entrechements. Very little interconnection. This looks like FOB's popping everywhere, but without the rest of the support tools a NATO FOB usually gets.

2 to 3 hundres losses, that's basically less than one a day. Add the typical 1/3 for offensive ops, and 1/4 for defensive ops you got at best about 1200 casualties (KIA/WIA) All in all compared to about 15K casualties from UA (KIA/WIA/MIA) that's heavy. Now there's the NAF losses. That's something else.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:01 am