Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    A South pole arrives

    Share
    avatar
    suzu
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 10
    Points : 10
    Join date : 2015-05-09

    A South pole arrives

    Post  suzu on Tue May 12, 2015 2:21 pm

    Hello all.
    Currently residing in Australia and would like to join the Russian Army.

    Been following the thread. Has anyone successfully done this under the new Foreign Legion plan?

    Also in general I would like to know what is the average wait time between the giving in your application for the Russian Army and starting service. I'm currently learning the language so I cannot navigate the Russian Defence Site (the english version gives very little detail)
    Added to that, generally what is an infantrymans starting pay? I know joining the army isn't something you do for money, but I would like to plan for the future as well.

    I'm Polish if that changes anything.

    Thank you

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  Guest on Wed May 13, 2015 1:39 am

    welcome Best to you and your endeavors!
    avatar
    alexZam
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 343
    Points : 399
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Location : SoCal

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  alexZam on Wed May 13, 2015 1:45 am

    welcome
    avatar
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4579
    Points : 4687
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed May 13, 2015 2:22 am

    welcome

    Enjoy your stay buddy!
    avatar
    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1657
    Points : 1818
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  TheArmenian on Wed May 13, 2015 3:08 am

    A Polish person who lives in Australia, uses a Japanese usename and wants to join the Russian Army...and he doesn't even speak Russian.

    Hmmmmmm scratch
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4496
    Points : 4675
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed May 13, 2015 3:19 am

    welcome
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10045
    Points : 10533
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  George1 on Wed May 13, 2015 3:22 am

    welcome
    avatar
    suzu
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 10
    Points : 10
    Join date : 2015-05-09

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  suzu on Wed May 13, 2015 3:38 am

    Hello all thanks for the welcomes
    apologies for not posting here first.

    @TheArmenian. My very close friend is joining the Russian Army too. The new Foreign Legion act allows one to serve if they have a basic understanding of Russian. I'm already learning it quickly thanks to some similarities. Have always wanted to live in Moscow too and after 5 years I get a citizenship.

    EDIT: also suzu is the name of a song I like Very Happy
    avatar
    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1657
    Points : 1818
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  TheArmenian on Wed May 13, 2015 4:45 am

    suzu wrote:Hello all thanks for the welcomes
    apologies for not posting here first.

    @TheArmenian. My very close friend is joining the Russian Army too. The new Foreign Legion act allows one to serve if they have a basic understanding of Russian. I'm already learning it quickly thanks to some similarities. Have always wanted to live in Moscow too and after 5 years I get a citizenship.

    EDIT: also suzu is the name of a song I like Very Happy

    Good recovery.
    I was testing you. You passed the test
    welcome to the forum.
    avatar
    suzu
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 10
    Points : 10
    Join date : 2015-05-09

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  suzu on Wed May 13, 2015 7:47 am

    TheArmenian wrote:
    suzu wrote:Hello all thanks for the welcomes
    apologies for not posting here first.

    @TheArmenian. My very close friend is joining the Russian Army too. The new Foreign Legion act allows one to serve if they have a basic understanding of Russian. I'm already learning it quickly thanks to some similarities. Have always wanted to live in Moscow too and after 5 years I get a citizenship.

    EDIT: also suzu is the name of a song I like Very Happy

    Good recovery.
    I was testing you. You passed the test
    welcome to the forum.

    Haha cheers friend!
    avatar
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1945
    Points : 2066
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Wed May 13, 2015 9:30 am

    welcome
    avatar
    Cowboy's daughter
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1166
    Points : 1205
    Join date : 2015-04-24
    Location : Texas

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  Cowboy's daughter on Wed May 13, 2015 6:11 pm

    welcome
    avatar
    Russian Patriot
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1169
    Points : 2063
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 26
    Location : USA- although I am Russian

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  Russian Patriot on Wed May 13, 2015 6:47 pm

    Welcome!
    avatar
    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5669
    Points : 6318
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  Viktor on Wed May 13, 2015 11:45 pm

    welcome
    avatar
    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2915
    Points : 3040
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  kvs on Thu May 14, 2015 3:26 am

    welcome

    I just hope the current situation does not degenerate into a full scale war.
    avatar
    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 685
    Points : 748
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  Book. on Thu May 14, 2015 7:23 am

    Hello the pole ok

    Dam90 my friend
    avatar
    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2981
    Points : 3013
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  max steel on Thu May 14, 2015 8:10 am

    Hola !
    avatar
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4579
    Points : 4687
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu May 14, 2015 8:20 pm

    Suggestion:

    You could go on a student exchange program in Russia first. It would be useful experience before joining armed forces.
    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 16038
    Points : 16669
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  GarryB on Fri May 15, 2015 11:10 am

    Good idea... test your language skills, and learn a bit about the country you want to defend with your life...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    suzu
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 10
    Points : 10
    Join date : 2015-05-09

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  suzu on Fri May 15, 2015 11:54 am

    PapaDragon wrote:Suggestion:

    You could go on a student exchange program in Russia first. It would be useful experience before joining armed forces.

    If this was a possibility I would absolutely do it. Unfortunately I'm quite poor. I understand you can get student loans and pay back later, but I have actually tried this process for about 7 months by contacting universities and it's been met with dead ends
    I saved up some money from my awful job (12 hour night shift sigh) and am thinking of visiting first.

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    @GarryB

    I agree. This is why I'm planning a visit soon and perhaps visiting a recruiter.

    Sponsored content

    Re: A South pole arrives

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:47 pm