Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Share

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:40 pm



    What a beautiful car (At least over my Intrepid)

    Why is it that Lada disappeared from Canada and so many other countries? I heard good things about this car, and I would love to get my hands on it. Does anyone here have any experience with these cars? Anything to know? Also, how would I go about getting one here?

    10misha10
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 8
    Points : 8
    Join date : 2009-09-10

    Re: I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Post  10misha10 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:31 pm

    sepheronx wrote:

    What a beautiful car (At least over my Intrepid)

    Why is it that Lada disappeared from Canada and so many other countries? I heard good things about this car, and I would love to get my hands on it. Does anyone here have any experience with these cars? Anything to know? Also, how would I go about getting one here?
    lol I would love to get my hands on it to sexy car Very Happy Exclamation

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:03 pm

    Hopefully now, AvtoVaz (after getting the bailout from the government) is forced (like GM) to build superior cars with new standards unlike before. Because if that is the case, then maybe, just maybe, they will start re-exporting to the west (Canada).

    Vladimir79
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

    Posts : 2193
    Points : 3099
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:24 pm

    First auto I ever got was a 1987 Lada Samara 1500... piece of crap. Lada has always made junk autos. Next and only cars I ever buy are Mercedes. Lada is for people who can't afford nice cars, rather like the Kia of Korea. They have been such poor sellers here AvtoVAZ is in bankruptcy. To stay competitive the factory is getting $2 billion in retooling capital and will be making Nissan and Renault. It is rumoured Renault will be increasing their stake to majority shareholders.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:30 pm

    Vladimir79 wrote:First auto I ever got was a 1987 Lada Samara 1500... piece of crap. Lada has always made junk autos. Next and only cars I ever buy are Mercedes. Lada is for people who can't afford nice cars, rather like the Kia of Korea. They have been such poor sellers here AvtoVAZ is in bankruptcy. To stay competitive the factory is getting $2 billion in retooling capital and will be making Nissan and Renault. It is rumoured Renault will be increasing their stake to majority shareholders.

    So that is pretty much the russian auto industry isnt going to be russian.

    What I am surprised is that no one in Russia is willing to start a company that will be competitive, selling middle range vehicles and high end.......

    Vladimir79
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

    Posts : 2193
    Points : 3099
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:45 pm

    sepheronx wrote:

    So that is pretty much the russian auto industry isnt going to be russian.

    When AvtoVAZ was started in 1960 it was with Fiat in a minority stake. It has been that way ever since fall of CCCP with people opting for better Western models. Russia used to be Ford's best market. At least now they are going to be built here rather than imported. Without AvtoVaz the entire city of Tolyatti would become a ghost town. It is the Detriot of Russia. The same thing is happening to US automakers, being bought out by Europeans and Asians.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:00 am

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    When AvtoVAZ was started in 1960 it was with Fiat in a minority stake. It has been that way ever since fall of CCCP with people opting for better Western models. Russia used to be Ford's best market. At least now they are going to be built here rather than imported. Without AvtoVaz the entire city of Tolyatti would become a ghost town. It is the Detriot of Russia. The same thing is happening to US automakers, being bought out by Europeans and Asians.

    And a shame one indeed. Russia has lots of potential in development of new technologies, especially in automotive. But yeah, all these industries are moving to Asia and Europe. Instead of AvtoVAZ being a company of designing cars, they should simply rent out their factories and production facilities to more successful companies. At least they would be paying AvtoVAZ and the workers get to keep their jobs. It would be cheaper then building new facilities.

    milky_candy_sugar
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 404
    Points : 529
    Join date : 2009-10-30
    Age : 22
    Location : Switzerland

    Re: I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Post  milky_candy_sugar on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:57 am

    sepheronx wrote:

    What a beautiful car (At least over my Intrepid)

    Why is it that Lada disappeared from Canada and so many other countries? I heard good things about this car, and I would love to get my hands on it. Does anyone here have any experience with these cars? Anything to know? Also, how would I go about getting one here?


    This is probably the nicest looking Lada i've ever seen...others are really crap. Yup - A russian should come up one day with the idea to make nice cars and competitive ones...


    _________________

    milky_candy_sugar
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 404
    Points : 529
    Join date : 2009-10-30
    Age : 22
    Location : Switzerland

    Re: I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Post  milky_candy_sugar on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:45 pm

    LADA C
    Too bad that this is just a concept...





    Lada 2116


    LADA REVOLUTION ...wowzerz


    _________________

    Cléo
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 7
    Points : 11
    Join date : 2010-03-18
    Location : Evian, FRANCE

    Re: I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Post  Cléo on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:56 am

    Just for the fun, here is my car and i love it... It's the best.... thumbsup



    Sponsored content

    Re: I want a Lada 112 :-(

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:20 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:20 pm