Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


  • Post new topic
  • Reply to topic

Interesting maps and infographics

Share
avatar
Cyberspec

Posts : 2344
Points : 2505
Join date : 2011-08-08
Location : Terra Australis

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Cyberspec on Thu May 21, 2015 7:00 am


avatar
George1

Posts : 11475
Points : 11948
Join date : 2011-12-22
Location : Greece

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  George1 on Thu May 21, 2015 1:16 pm

avatar
alexZam

Posts : 343
Points : 399
Join date : 2015-04-23
Location : SoCal

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  alexZam on Mon May 25, 2015 10:40 pm

Every Country's Highest Valued Export. 2013.

Bigger: http://i.imgur.com/DmONN2w.jpg

avatar
GarryB

Posts : 17793
Points : 18359
Join date : 2010-03-30
Location : New Zealand

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  GarryB on Tue May 26, 2015 11:53 am








_________________
“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
avatar
alexZam

Posts : 343
Points : 399
Join date : 2015-04-23
Location : SoCal

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  alexZam on Thu May 28, 2015 9:34 pm

The world's major writing systems



__________________

Foto-reportagens  

avatar
Cyberspec

Posts : 2344
Points : 2505
Join date : 2011-08-08
Location : Terra Australis

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Cyberspec on Sun May 31, 2015 9:40 am

Kirov class gif

avatar
George1

Posts : 11475
Points : 11948
Join date : 2011-12-22
Location : Greece

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  George1 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:22 am

avatar
alexZam

Posts : 343
Points : 399
Join date : 2015-04-23
Location : SoCal

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  alexZam on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:41 am

Population change in Europe from 2001 to 2011
– Red: increase
– Blue: decrease

High resolution here


__________________
avatar
Odin of Ossetia

Posts : 234
Points : 305
Join date : 2015-07-03

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Odin of Ossetia on Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:58 am

alexZam wrote:Population change in Europe from 2001 to 2011
– Red: increase
– Blue: decrease

High resolution here


__________________


Poland is seriously "under-blued" as some three million people have left that country since 2004.

Some of these people have returned or are returning, but, at the same time, some are also leaving for the first time ever due to lack of jobs and prospects in Poland, so I guess the two "categories" cancel each other out.

There can be as few as 35 or 36 million people living in Poland as of now, despite the officially claimed "over 38 million inhabitants."


Guest
Guest

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Guest on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:56 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
alexZam wrote:Population change in Europe from 2001 to 2011
– Red: increase
– Blue: decrease

High resolution here


__________________


Poland is seriously "under-blued" as some three million people have left that country since 2004.

Some of these people have returned or are returning, but, at the same time, some are also leaving for the first time ever due to lack of jobs and prospects in Poland, so I guess the two "categories" cancel each other out.

There can be as few as 35 or 36 million people living in Poland as of now, despite the officially claimed "over 38 million inhabitants."

Nowadays every Eastern European state (except for Russia, if you count that) is losing population. No immigration in, people are leaving, low fertility rates, and so on and so forth. Russia was in that state very recently too. I'm more interested in the demographics of Turkey. Anybody care to explain why is Turkey so varied in population growth and decline? Doesn't look like geography or economics really has such an effect on population changes as other places.
avatar
VladimirSahin

Posts : 410
Points : 428
Join date : 2013-11-29
Age : 27
Location : Florida

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  VladimirSahin on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:18 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
Odin of Ossetia wrote:
alexZam wrote:Population change in Europe from 2001 to 2011
– Red: increase
– Blue: decrease

High resolution here


__________________


Poland is seriously "under-blued" as some three million people have left that country since 2004.

Some of these people have returned or are returning, but, at the same time, some are also leaving for the first time ever due to lack of jobs and prospects in Poland, so I guess the two "categories" cancel each other out.

There can be as few as 35 or 36 million people living in Poland as of now, despite the officially claimed "over 38 million inhabitants."

Nowadays every Eastern European state (except for Russia, if you count that) is losing population. No immigration in, people are leaving, low fertility rates, and so on and so forth. Russia was in that state very recently too. I'm more interested in the demographics of Turkey. Anybody care to explain why is Turkey so varied in population growth and decline? Doesn't look like geography or economics really has such an effect on population changes as other places.

Turkey is a very diverse country, To put it basically Kurds, And Turks usually have large families. Their population rises it doesn't decline.

Guest
Guest

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:01 am

Here is an interesting site: http://brilliantmaps.com/

Anyway does anyone else have a explanation for the vastly differing rates of population growth in various regions of Turkey?
avatar
Odin of Ossetia

Posts : 234
Points : 305
Join date : 2015-07-03

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Odin of Ossetia on Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:42 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote:Here is an interesting site: http://brilliantmaps.com/

Anyway does anyone else have a explanation for the vastly differing rates of population growth in various regions of Turkey?


I checked the site and some of their maps are lame and incorrect.


Belarus was never part of the Mongol Empire, not even as a tributary state. The Belarussian duchies of Pinsk and Polotsk were in fact the only of the Rus states to escape any sort of Mongol-Tatar control.


I think there were also other mistakes, like the vikings "raiding Afghanistan and Uzbekistan" I guess that is news to these countries.

Guest
Guest

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Guest on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:37 am

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
Ivan the Colorado wrote:Here is an interesting site: http://brilliantmaps.com/

Anyway does anyone else have a explanation for the vastly differing rates of population growth in various regions of Turkey?


I checked the site and some of their maps are lame and incorrect.


Belarus was never part of the Mongol Empire, not even as a tributary state. The Belarussian duchies of Pinsk and Polotsk were in fact the only of the Rus states to escape any sort of Mongol-Tatar control.


I think there were also other mistakes, like the vikings "raiding Afghanistan and Uzbekistan" I guess that is news to these countries.
Actually some of their maps are quite stupid. The one that really caught my eye was this one: http://brilliantmaps.com/religion-world-map/



avatar
alexZam

Posts : 343
Points : 399
Join date : 2015-04-23
Location : SoCal

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  alexZam on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:48 am

unshaven


avatar
alexZam

Posts : 343
Points : 399
Join date : 2015-04-23
Location : SoCal

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  alexZam on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:34 am

Apparently, submarine guys like mountains. Unfortunately it's is well below sea surface. Smile 






avatar
George1

Posts : 11475
Points : 11948
Join date : 2011-12-22
Location : Greece

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  George1 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:11 pm

Red Army’s Key 15 Battles vs Nazi Germany and Japan


_________________
"There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

avatar
Odin of Ossetia

Posts : 234
Points : 305
Join date : 2015-07-03

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Odin of Ossetia on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:18 pm

avatar
Odin of Ossetia

Posts : 234
Points : 305
Join date : 2015-07-03

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Odin of Ossetia on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:04 pm



avatar
George1

Posts : 11475
Points : 11948
Join date : 2011-12-22
Location : Greece

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  George1 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:38 am

NATO and Warsaw Pact




Alliances in 1980, in last phase of Cold War



_________________
"There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


Firebird

Posts : 971
Points : 999
Join date : 2011-10-14

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Firebird on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:13 pm


alexZam wrote:War on terror, US-strategy



Source: globlogization.blog

Interesting one this.
How America associates being against their brand of "globalism" ie bowing down to "the Washington Consensus" aka a US vassal state with "being a terrorist".

And the penalties for refusing to acquiesce range from "a peacekeeping mission" to combat.

I don't remember Saddam Hussein being a fan of Al Qaeda. Infact he stamped them out of Iraq. Likewise Russia vs ISIS, Al Qaeda etc. But acc to the US neo cons, if you aren't an America-centric globalist... you are a "terrorist". Maybe thats why they hate Trump so much...

What a fucked up regime..
avatar
Odin of Ossetia

Posts : 234
Points : 305
Join date : 2015-07-03

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Odin of Ossetia on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:11 am



avatar
Odin of Ossetia

Posts : 234
Points : 305
Join date : 2015-07-03

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Odin of Ossetia on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:23 am

Poles and their genetic distance to the rest of Europe according to genetic research by a Russian scientist.

Not sure how reliable it is.

According to the map most close relatives of the Poles are Lusatian Serbs, Slovaks, Belarussians, and Russians (the last two appear more closely related to Poles than the Ukrainians).

Have read complaints before, perhaps not about this specific study, that the people from cities tend to be over-represented in the genetic studies of the ethnic Poles from Poland, which skews the results, and that the sample sizes tend to be small, which may cause the results not to be very representative of the population as a whole.

Also not sure what were the sample amounts for the other European countries and how representative are they.





avatar
Godric

Posts : 544
Points : 566
Join date : 2015-04-30
Location : Alba (Scotland)

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Godric on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 pm

alexZam wrote:The Map Of Europe Would Be Redrawn If All The Separatist Movements Get Their Way



http://www.businessinsider.com/map-o...ampaign=buffer

Scotland will be leaving the UK 2018/19 we must hold our referendum before March 2019 (Brexit)
avatar
Godric

Posts : 544
Points : 566
Join date : 2015-04-30
Location : Alba (Scotland)

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Godric on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:


genealogist in America say Scots (The Picts) are originally from the Russian Steppes and the English and Welsh are from the Iberian peninsular

Sponsored content

Re: Interesting maps and infographics

Post  Sponsored content

  • Post new topic
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:30 pm