Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Share
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:47 am

    Zivo wrote:Could it be possible that these guys may actually be Chechen spetsnaz units? Is there a video of them talking?

    Naa, there is translator with them, also they wouldnt use Ops-Core helmets without com equipment most likely like its on the video.
    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:04 am

    Thank you Militarov!!
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:07 am

    Siempre_Leal wrote:Thank you Militarov!!

    You are welcome. This is btw if you are interested webpage of helmet producer: http://www.ops-core.com
    avatar
    NationalRus

    Posts : 634
    Points : 645
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  NationalRus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:58 pm

    looks like the zabadani operations is close the an end


    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e5_1443491081
    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:45 pm

    NationalRus wrote:looks like the zabadani operations is close the an end


    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e5_1443491081

    That video was actually the beginning of the ground operations in Zabadani by the way.

    and thank you again Militarov
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:26 am



    Desert Hawks brigade apparently.

    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7555
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:29 am

    Militarov wrote:
    Siempre_Leal wrote:Can anybody ID the helmet, camo uniform?


    Uniform could be Russian MultiCam version, i belive tho its more common in MVD/FSB use than actual army.





    When its about helmet it looks like fairly easy obtainable Ops-Core helmet, just in multicam scheme



    The helmet seems off though. The helmet you posted has nothing to protect the ears while the helmet used in the video has coverings for the ears (the one you posted has instead some sort of comm system).
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:41 am

    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Siempre_Leal wrote:Can anybody ID the helmet, camo uniform?


    Uniform could be Russian MultiCam version, i belive tho its more common in MVD/FSB use than actual army.





    When its about helmet it looks like fairly easy obtainable Ops-Core helmet, just in multicam scheme



    The helmet seems off though.  The helmet you posted has nothing to protect the ears while the helmet used in the video has coverings for the ears (the one you posted has instead some sort of comm system).  



    He has mask in same pattern as helmet, notice black border of helmet where com system is supposed to be placed, there he has nothing, its open but covered with his mask, notice that his head is turned away too. Such helmets can be used without com devices, somewhat like this:



    So without com device you truly look funny to say at least.

    But i assume thats coz they were unable to obtain something of a sort: http://www.safariland.com/liberator-iii-series/liberator-iii-lite-secure-dual-comm-tactical-headset-with-integrated-digital-hearing-protection-CTB3_U_LITE.html#start=1
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7555
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:44 am

    Maybe we are talking about two different people. I am talking about the soldier, I think you are talking about the reporter, correct? If so, you are correct.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:46 am

    sepheronx wrote:Maybe we are talking about two different people.  I am talking about the soldier, I think you are talking about the reporter, correct?  If so, you are correct.

    Nope, i am talking about soldier too Very Happy . Reporter has just some fairly common helmet in black i guess to stand out abit.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7555
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:49 am

    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Maybe we are talking about two different people.  I am talking about the soldier, I think you are talking about the reporter, correct?  If so, you are correct.

    Nope, i am talking about soldier too Very Happy . Reporter has just some fairly common helmet in black i guess to stand out abit.

    I see what you are saying now. For some reason, it looked like he was staring at the camera. But instead looking away from it.

    what a stupid helmet.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:54 am

    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Maybe we are talking about two different people.  I am talking about the soldier, I think you are talking about the reporter, correct?  If so, you are correct.

    Nope, i am talking about soldier too Very Happy . Reporter has just some fairly common helmet in black i guess to stand out abit.

    I see what you are saying now.  For some reason, it looked like he was staring at the camera.  But instead looking away from it.

    what a stupid helmet.

    To be honest i must agree on that. But they became so popular that probably over 80% of top tier special forces use them or similar models.

    Even..... Alpha Group...

    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:55 am



    Now one rare and amusing Very Happy 9A91 in Syria.

    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7555
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 am

    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Maybe we are talking about two different people.  I am talking about the soldier, I think you are talking about the reporter, correct?  If so, you are correct.

    Nope, i am talking about soldier too Very Happy . Reporter has just some fairly common helmet in black i guess to stand out abit.

    I see what you are saying now.  For some reason, it looked like he was staring at the camera.  But instead looking away from it.

    what a stupid helmet.

    To be honest i must agree on that. But they became so popular that probably over 80% of top tier special forces use them or similar models.

    Even..... Alpha Group...


    I think that is BS. What would be the point of the helmet? What is the point of choosing that over something like the Zil helmets or 6B27? They can use their own equipment. Heck, even during tests the Russian helmets proved more than reliable and capable.

    Getting sick of this whole westernization bullshit.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:20 am

    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Maybe we are talking about two different people.  I am talking about the soldier, I think you are talking about the reporter, correct?  If so, you are correct.

    Nope, i am talking about soldier too Very Happy . Reporter has just some fairly common helmet in black i guess to stand out abit.

    I see what you are saying now.  For some reason, it looked like he was staring at the camera.  But instead looking away from it.

    what a stupid helmet.

    To be honest i must agree on that. But they became so popular that probably over 80% of top tier special forces use them or similar models.

    Even..... Alpha Group...


    I think that is BS.  What would be the point of the helmet?  What is the point of choosing that over something like the Zil helmets or 6B27?  They can use their own equipment.  Heck, even during tests the Russian helmets proved more than reliable and capable.

    Getting sick of this whole westernization bullshit.

    Well modern helmets became less of a balistic protection but rather a platfom for gadgets. Flashlights, night googles, communication headsets, eye monitor etc... they have those rails around ears, you can notice them they remind of Picatinny rails for rifles and they are STANAG standard for variety of gadgets. And to make you able to carry gadgets they kinda reduced balistic protection, some even lack balistic protection whatsoever.

    So special forces now look like this:



    But common soldiers are still mostly issued somewhat more ortodox designs which offer com sets to be wore under it. Like US "Advanced Combat Helmet":



    Or Russian 6B47, i belive that was the designation:

    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7555
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:25 am

    I recall seeing photos of newer Russian helmets that went under the trials for the Ratnik program.



    Dunno if the helmet is this one you posted, or a Russian knockoff though.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:33 am

    sepheronx wrote:I recall seeing photos of newer Russian helmets that went under the trials for the Ratnik program.



    Dunno if the helmet is this one you posted, or a Russian knockoff though.

    Yeah, few models appeared in Russia during last few years.
    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:02 am

    Latakia







    Hama

    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:04 am






    avatar
    NationalRus

    Posts : 634
    Points : 645
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  NationalRus on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:50 pm

    New Russian balistic vests and helmets have been delivered: a lot of photos in the link from the offensive

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ece_1444311193
    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:51 am

    SAA & NDF Ops in Latakia

























    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:27 am

    Some photos from the last 48 hours. SAA/NDF/Journalists:







































































    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:56 am

    Syria: Battle for Daria rages as Syrian Army pushes forward


    *You can see Female SAA soldiers taking part in the operations.
    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:32 am

    SAA troops in Kafr Dulbah, Latakia



    SAA Artillery, Tanks, Snipers in the Kafr Dulbubah Front in Hama



    SAA troops have taken control of the Ashtani in North Hama

    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5487
    Points : 5532
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:56 pm



    Very Happy

    Sponsored content

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:53 pm